I’m confused and need some advice

Femme Fatale

What the hell. You marry then meet the family ? What a load of ....... if the family especially the mother do not like you then No way in hell will a person be marrying her son
Ridiculous that is
I know this to be true. My rats first girlfriend was Tunisian. His mom did not like her at all. She was too materialistic, per his statement. She left him because he couldn’t fund her lifestyle at the time as a college student and she married a French guy instead. He didn’t chase her cus his mom didn’t like her in the first place, so it was cool with him that she left. 3 year relationship according to him. I don’t believe his story about her being materialistic because she had a PhD in Bio (something), so she could probably fund her own lifestyle. Didn’t add up. I think his mom didn’t like her, so he started to not like her either and that dissolved the relationship.

Femme Fatale

Yep. All true. He was so excited that his mom actually liked me. At that time, I didn’t know he was a rat. But I did find it odd that, after a month, she liked me. I had not given her a reason to like, nor dislike me. I had only known her son for maybe a month. But he emphasized a lot how much his mom adored me. His dad liked me too, but was a quiet man. His sister and brother liked me, as well as the brother in law.

But when I found out his lies, none of them would hold him accountable. They would just pretend it didn’t happen and try to get us to keep having a relationship.

Hindsight is 20/20, thinking about it now, it would annoy the hell out of me if I was married into a family that is always in our business. Like, his family knew EVERYTHING! That was annoying. My friends thought it was weird too. Different cultures, I get that, but this was too much. There’s no way I’d be with a man who tells his family all of our business. Even if he turned out not to be a rat and I was wrong, I could never be with him again due to those factors. His mom would email me when we disagreed, and I would be blindsided that she even knew so quickly. Just weird.

Mystery

Yep. All true. He was so excited that his mom actually liked me. At that time, I didn’t know he was a rat. But I did find it odd that, after a month, she liked me. I had not given her a reason to like, nor dislike me. I had only known her son for maybe a month. But he emphasized a lot how much his mom adored me. His dad liked me too, but was a quiet man. His sister and brother liked me, as well as the brother in law.

But when I found out his lies, none of them would hold him accountable. They would just pretend it didn’t happen and try to get us to keep having a relationship.

Hindsight is 20/20, thinking about it now, it would annoy the hell out of me if I was married into a family that is always in our business. Like, his family knew EVERYTHING! That was annoying. My friends thought it was weird too. Different cultures, I get that, but this was too much. There’s no way I’d be with a man who tells his family all of our business. Even if he turned out not to be a rat and I was wrong, I could never be with him again due to those factors. His mom would email me when we disagreed, and I would be blindsided that she even knew so quickly. Just weird.
Well I met my mil before I got married.
She liked me because she wanted me to pay for her a villa.
Guess what she's still bloody waiting.
She also liked. Me because I was keeping the whole family. I was not allowed to spend 1 dinar on myself my money was thier money not mine. It would go in a pot and his so called sister was taking it.
I moved the money after my daughter caught her she didn't speak with me for 4 days giving me the evil look.
Haha now she work for her money and I don't talk to her for a life time not just 4 days. I just love it.

Femme Fatale

She also liked. Me because I was keeping the whole family. I was not allowed to spend 1 dinar on myself my money was thier money not mine. It would go in a pot and his so called sister was taking it.
I moved the money after my daughter caught her she didn't speak with me for 4 days giving me the evil look.
Haha now she work for her money and I don't talk to her for a life time not just 4 days. I just love it.
:mad:

Just pathetic. This is a way that rats and their families get over on victims by pretending as if their families are so in love with us. Then when married, they drain victims financially and emotionally.

I despise a manipulative, deceitful person. Don’t you just hate it when you can see right through people and they pretend. When I found out my guy was a rat, I was so angry. He said, my mother really wants to see you. No, she does not, trust me, she doesn’t for her sake, back off, is what I told him.

Mystery, you’re a strong woman that I can say. They stole a lot from you.

The families put victims through just as much hell as the rat.

Last edited:

Liliana

It may happen in Egypt but no way would that happen in Tunisia.
It's true if the mother doesn't like you then it's bye bye . Even in bloody arranged marriages they meet first . It's crazy that is
Yes maybe Egyptians are different to Tunisians, I am just sharing my experience. There are Egyptian men who are like these Tunisian men. There tactics no different.

Epiphany

Just pathetic. This is a way that rats and their families get over on victims by pretending as if their families are so in love with us. Then when married, they drain victims financially and emotionally.

I despise a manipulative, deceitful person. Don’t you just hate it when you can see right through people and they pretend. When I found out my guy was a rat, I was so angry. He said, my mother really wants to see you. No, she does not, trust me, she doesn’t for her sake, back off, is what I told him.

It's hard to comprehend how all these rat families behave.
I never met my rats family, not on video call nor regular call. I always refused. Something about it didn't sit well with me.
Hearing about the way they act makes me glad that I didn't get to know any of them. Despicable people.

Liliana

What the hell. You marry then meet the family ? What a load of ....... if the family especially the mother do not like you then No way in hell will a person be marrying her son
Ridiculous that is
Sorry did not mean to upset you, North Africans are different to each other. I should of explained it better.

milala

That’ so messed up. My rat is here in America. He is married to an old rich woman. His mother and his sister have written me telling me of his love for me. How he is in America because of his love for me only. And how he was paralyzed for 2 years because of stress and he is having symptoms again again because he loves me so much . They beg me to talk to him

Heidi

Administrator
That’ so messed up. My rat is here in America. He is married to an old rich woman. His mother and his sister have written me telling me of his love for me. How he is in America because of his love for me only. And how he was paralyzed for 2 years because of stress and he is having symptoms again again because he loves me so much . They beg me to talk to him
Don't fall for that crap! Rats use that story all the time :whistle:

Mango Chutney

Administrator
Staff member
Yes maybe Egyptians are different to Tunisians, I am just sharing my experience. There are Egyptian men who are like these Tunisian men. There tactics no different.
That’s strange. My cousin is married to an Egyptian.....has been for many, many years. Not only did the family meet my cousin before the wedding.....her parents (my auntie and uncle) flew over to meet him and his family before approving the wedding. His family were at the wedding. They had two weddings, one in Egypt, one in England. He had to give up his Egyptian nationality, they have three children, he’s worked hard from day one.
Is this an Egyptian Muslim tradition? To not meet this bride until after the wedding? My cousins husband is Coptic Christian.....I don’t know if this makes a difference.
Seems weird not to meet the daughter in law until afterwards :confused:

Amira

If you are unlucky then you meet these men anywhere and then it does not matter where he comes from because there are more bad men than good men unfortunately so meeting someone who is good is a lottery.

Top Bottom