Immigration Marriage Fraud, mariage gris, in UK, France, Belgium, Germany - info, links

Discussion in 'RSN Lounge' started by Anita Hospita, Aug 22, 2016.

I have been doing some research on "mariage gris", "immigration marriage fraud", "bébés papiers". There is NO info, there are NO sites at all in the Netherlands on this subject, kinda frustrating :( Plenty of info in France (big country, historical bond with former colonies, French as a common language) , some in Belgium. I don't know what to search for in English or German. I'd like to know in particular the expression that is used in German for this phenomenon. In the UK, if I understand it correctly, it is called "immigration marriage fraud". In France and Belgium immigration marriage fraud is a crime, although very difficult to prove. I'd like to know how it works in other EU countries.

Quote:
    What is Immigration Marriage Fraud?
    Immigration Marriage Fraud is defined as the act of Marrying an individual with the sole purpose of immigrating to or obtaining permanent status in his or her Country of residence & lying about the true purpose of the marriage, ie: pretending to be in love with him or her.

Immigration Marriage Fraud is VERY different to a Sham Marriage where both parties are aware it's a Sham. A Sham Marriage is a Criminal Offence. Our Marriages are currently placed in the same category but the Government, UKBA, and Police won't take any action even if evidence of fraud is produced.

Immigration Marriage Fraud is currently NOT considered a Crime in the UK. There are NO consequences to the Foreign National at all.

In every case we have come across there is some other type of Fraud/Criminality including Murder, Attempted Murder, Arson, Rape, Domestic Violence, Obtaining Money by Deception, Theft, Fake ID's, False Passport's, Fraud of Financial Institutions, Benefit Fraud, Handling Stolen Goods, Tax Evasion, Romance Scams, Bigamy, Drugs, Support of Terrorist Groups, Human Trafficking, Prostitution, Child Abuse, False Allegations of Rape and Domestic Violence made against the Sponsor of the Foreign National, Child Abduction, Honour Killings, Corrupt Police Overseas and Officials, Corrupt Officials in the UK, Blackmail of Sponsor to gain access to Children ie: demands to help with permanent residence, Foreign Nationals murdering their Spouse then paying off Corrupt Police so they can come to the UK and claim their Estate, British Citizens are murdered overseas and their deaths covered up as accidents so they can claim their estate, and Cheating in English Test's ie: Sending somebody else who's English is better than their's to do the Test for them.
    http://www.stopukmarriagefraud.com/

Amira likes this.
  1. Laura2014 likes this.
  2. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

A member on this site Caramel set up Immigration marriage fraud, many of us are members Kim is her partner and they have done great things already .

Laura2014 and Anita Hospita like this.
  3. crystal

crystal The Punchy Scot

The con artist may well be already married. The ‘target’ will be discussed at length with the family as to their suitability and often the Marabout consulted. In such cases spells, potions, amulets, fetish and Ju Ju’s will be used to increase the power of the spouse who then believes they are omnipotent and this gives them the belief in their power to carry out the scam. As with ‘The Beziness’, ‘The Game’ is a cold hearted business

This part is correct and not spoken about to much!!! therefore do not blame the victims of such scams..
    check Caramels threads, Kim is not a member here as her husband was Gambian,

Anita Hospita likes this.
  4. Iwassostupid

Iwassostupid Member

5. Iwassostupid

Iwassostupid Member

To my knowledge the german expression for immigration fraud as well as for love fraud (beziness) is SCHEINEHE. But since most of the germans have lost their senses regarding mass imigration, including carte blanches for everything and everyone from the other side of the mediteranian sea, anyway, there is hardly any law enforcement. So, no matter where from and why send them all to Germany here they'll be pampered within the social benefit system for the rest of their life. :-(

6. I haven't got a clue how the German legal system works, with the different Bundesländer, but this is what I found (in short: sham marriage is a crime and leads to loss of residence permit, so (I suppose) automatically to deportation):

Folgen einer Scheinehe
    Kommt es zum Streit der Eheleute in einer Scheinehe muss der Ausländer damit rechnen, dass die Mitteilung des Scheinehencharakters seiner Beziehung an die Ausländerbehörde zum Verlust seiner Aufenthaltserlaubnis führt. Es kann dann zur Rücknahme von langjährig erteilten Aufenthaltserlaubnisse kommen (Vgl. etwa VG Göttingen - 3 B 177/03, Beschluss vom 15.08.2003).

Scheinehen sind strafbar. Das Eingehen einer solchen Ehe mit einem Ausländer allein zu dem Zweck, diesem den Aufenthalt in Deutschland zu ermöglichen, erfüllt nach dem OLG Düsseldorf (22.12.1999 - 2b Ss 542/99) den Straftatbestand des Einschleusen von Ausländern gemäß § 92 a AuslG (vgl. unten zu den gesetzlichen Vorschriften). Wer also für die Eingehung einer Ehe Geld hingibt, muss damit rechnen, dass er und der Ehepartner bestraft werden.
    http://www.rechtsanwaltdrpalm.de/scheidungsehe.htm

7. Iwassostupid

Iwassostupid Member

;-) Of course there are laws in Germany dealing with this in Theorie! Please this is Germany!!!!! But committing this fraud rarely ends in deportation for the culprit. Fact is the majority remains subsidied for the rest of their life. This due to the fact that their home countries don't take them back, they fall ill all in a sudden or they disappear for a while. The german sister side "1001 Geschichte" tells of dozen such stories. Sometimes one happens to read about this fact in the press.

Anita Hospita likes this.
  8. Germany is number 1 on the rats' wish list ;)
    But don't they lose their residence permit? Or isn't the fraud reported?
    It's not perfect here either, BTW, I know of situations where a foreigner has become illegal, for instance because they are at the end of the asylum procedure, and the aliens police just bring them to the German/Belgian border (out of the NL, not our problem anymore). I do have the idea that enforcement has become more strict over the past few years.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  9. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Moderator

Wow, this is some reading. I still need to read the link that was published. Sorry, I am still learning to navigate this site, so often, my comments muddle up other threads, I will slowly work it out though. Silly is away at the moment, she's camping in the rain! But I'm curious to see what she was tagged in. Germany is a big loophole that needs some serious fixing, reading the posts by @Iwassostupid is quite a scary read. Angela Merkel has a lot to answer for, her open door policy has created a lot of problems. I guess all the other nationalities that sneaked in as fake Syrians will now be looking for marriage to Europeans to give them legality. Marriage fraud was bad enough already, but it will surely get worse now :(

10. To @Mango Chutney ;)
    As far as I know, only France makes a clear distinction (in the law) between "mariage gris" (grey marriage) and "mariage blanc" (white marriage). A "white marriage" is a sham marriage, where both parties are into the "game", a "grey marriage" is where only the non EU resident plays the residence permit game and the EU citizen believes the marriage is out of love.
    The problem with the "grey marriage" in France is that there has to be evidence that the scammer married ONLY with the purpose to obtain a EU residence permit. That is extremely difficult to prove. In a letter of the Dutch ministry of Justice about this issue I read that this has been changed on EU level into "a marriage with the MAIN purpose to obtain a residence permit". So there may have been "love", but the "love" is secondary to the desire to obtain a residence permit for a EU country.

Mango Chutney likes this.
  11. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Moderator

I've just finished reading that link. I am so shocked! :eek: I will reply properly tomorrow, I've had no sleep or food today, so need to prioritise those. Do you have any idea what year that stuff was published in? There were comments quoted from 2013/14, but I can't see a publication date for the actual article itself. I ask because our dealings with the Home Office started in February this year. The email was sent at about 2am one Saturday night....and they were on the phone to us by 8am Sunday morning, their response was fast, they were very thorough with their questions, we were given a case number, an agent, a private email and contact number straight away. They were fantastic! We know that they were definitely in contact with the authorities in other countries, including Tunisia, because of emails we received from authorities in the other countries. The Home Office is regarded quite negatively in the article I've just read, so I'm hoping things have improved since then, as they were fantastic with us.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  12. Iwassostupid

Iwassostupid Member

Angela Merkel hasn't got answers to the problems she created. Her way to deal with problems is to keep quiet and wait until people forget or a solution pops up out of the blue. Regarding the "fake Syrians" there are still thousands of unregistered "Refugees" roaming Germany and nobody knows where they from, where they are and what they do. Its almost certain, that the rate of binational marriages will shoot through the top. Another much more easy and 100 % safe way in order to get permanent residence granted, is to make a baby. But no problem, regardless as for why anybody comes here - once in, you're in. So don't you count on Germany.

Mango Chutney and clevercat like this.
  13. Ah... the "bébé papier" :rolleyes:. In the NL only possible for women. Marriage with a NL Citizen does not make an illegal legal, as in some/most other EU countries, the non-EU-citizen has to to back to the home country to apply for a visa.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2016