In a sticky situation.

gem15

Both my children were born in tunisia and are british citizens with both passports. You no longer need permission from the father to leave tunisia. There is a boat to italy which takes 18 hours, its 24 hours to france. will you be having the babies in a clinic or the hospital? the clinic prices will be very very expensive. My mum was in ICU for 5 days in a clinic which costs 8000tnd so 3 babies would be much more. I cant see your dr writing a letter advising its safe for you to travel anywhere.

Mango Chutney

Both my children were born in tunisia and are british citizens with both passports. You no longer need permission from the father to leave tunisia. There is a boat to italy which takes 18 hours, its 24 hours to france. will you be having the babies in a clinic or the hospital? the clinic prices will be very very expensive. My mum was in ICU for 5 days in a clinic which costs 8000tnd so 3 babies would be much more. I cant see your dr writing a letter advising its safe for you to travel anywhere.
What a great, helpful post!! Omg, 8,000 dinar?!!!! Wow!

gem15

What a great, helpful post!! Omg, 8,000 dinar?!!!! Wow!
Yep, after the 5 days we moved her to the hospital but unfortunately she passed away 2 days later. The bill for that was 240 tnd. I had a c section with my first baby which cost 2000tnd and a natural birth with my second which cost 1200tnd as he was 4 weeks premature so had to stay 2 nights. They were both born in a clinic in Sousse.

Mango Chutney

Yep, after the 5 days we moved her to the hospital but unfortunately she passed away 2 days later. The bill for that was 240 tnd. I had a c section with my first baby which cost 2000tnd and a natural birth with my second which cost 1200tnd as he was 4 weeks premature so had to stay 2 nights. They were both born in a clinic in Sousse.
Awwww, I'm so sorry about your mum :(
I imagine triplets will probably end up being a c-section. They'll certainly need a lot of medical assistance.
What a shitty situation. I wish she could get out of Tunisia for the birth and into an EU country, but I fear it's just too late with a triplet pregnancy.

gem15

Awwww, I'm so sorry about your mum :(
I imagine triplets will probably end up being a c-section. They'll certainly need a lot of medical assistance.
What a shitty situation. I wish she could get out of Tunisia for the birth and into an EU country, but I fear it's just too late with a triplet pregnancy.
It would be far too late and having 3 babies its a big risk. Its a horrible situation for her to be in.

Laura2014

It would be far too late and having 3 babies its a big risk. Its a horrible situation for her to be in.
Very very difficult. Risks with each possible option. 2.5 hour flight and back on UK soil and excellent free care. Very frustrating

Mango Chutney

@gem15, how soon after a c-section can you fly? After all mine, I wasn't allowed to drive for six weeks in case the seatbelt and sharp movements pressured the wound into opening, do I assume flying is the same? To be honest, I wouldn't have wanted wobbling around the seas on a ferry either...that tummy hurt like hell with every cough, sneeze and giggle!!

gem15

Very very difficult. Risks with each possible option. 2.5 hour flight and back on UK soil and excellent free care. Very frustrating
The care i had here (tunisia) was amazing and i couldnt fault it one bit and thankfully we are in the position to pay for a clinic.

gem15

@gem15, how soon after a c-section can you fly? After all mine, I wasn't allowed to drive for six weeks in case the seatbelt and sharp movements pressured the wound into opening, do I assume flying is the same? To be honest, I wouldn't have wanted wobbling around the seas on a ferry either...that tummy hurt like hell with every cough, sneeze and giggle!!
Im assuming its 6 weeks to fly too, i live in tunisia so no need to fly early and i was 12 weeks post op when we flew on holiday back to the uk.

Ineedadvice

Gem do you know if I had them here ifs the babies and myself are fit and well. How long does it take to et them British passports and when could I take them by ferry?

gem15

Gem do you know if I had them here ifs the babies and myself are fit and well. How long does it take to et them British passports and when could I take them by ferry?
It states on the british embassy website it will take 3 weeks and as long as your dr is happy you can travel it wld be ok. I had a quick recovery from my section and was fine in a week but that was with just 1 little one not 3.

Ineedadvice

It states on the british embassy website it will take 3 weeks and as long as your dr is happy you can travel it wld be ok. I had a quick recovery from my section and was fine in a week but that was with just 1 little one not 3.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what to do now.

gem15

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what to do now.
Theres other things you need to think about if travelling by plane too. If theres 3 babies each one will need someone to travel with as they cant have a seat on their own so you would in theory need 2 other people to travel with you. Some agents at the airport wont allow you to take the kids out without written permission even thou they know the law has changed so you would need a lawyer on call to fight your battle. This isnt always the case but having your surname on the babies passport would be easier as long as the father doesnt know.

Mango Chutney

Theres other things you need to think about if travelling by plane too. If theres 3 babies each one will need someone to travel with as they cant have a seat on their own so you would in theory need 2 other people to travel with you. Some agents at the airport wont allow you to take the kids out without written permission even thou they know the law has changed so you would need a lawyer on call to fight your battle. This isnt always the case but having your surname on the babies passport would be easier as long as the father doesnt know.
God, what a nightmare :Cry:

Heidi

The Sleuth - Staff Member
Hi @Ineedadvice :) how are you today

Register a birth abroad
You must register your child’s birth according to the regulations in the country where the child was born. They’ll give you a local birth certificate.
This local birth certificate should be accepted in the UK, eg when you apply for a passport or register with a school or doctor. You might need to have it translated and certified if it isn’t in English.
Once you’ve registered locally you may also be able to register the birth with the UK authorities.
https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth

Ineedadvice

An update for you all.
Yesterday I was having pains all day. Saw a doctor and he said bed rest. I wasn't in labour.
My mother managed to get through to the embassy this morning. I left here and went to Tunis with help from a friend. My brother managed to get a flight literally 3 hours before his first connection flight. My brother is with me now!

Luckily enough my mum had a copy of my passport and birth certificate which she emailed over to them. Fingers crossed I can pick up the emergency passport tomorrow.

I do still have to get the all clear to travel from a dr. Fingers crossed I get this.

I think my husband doesn't know I've left his city but I can't risk him finding me.

I hope I can travel now otherwise i and stuck here.

Feeling stressed but a little better than I have been cos my brother is here.

Mango Chutney

An update for you all.
Yesterday I was having pains all day. Saw a doctor and he said bed rest. I wasn't in labour.
My mother managed to get through to the embassy this morning. I left here and went to Tunis with help from a friend. My brother managed to get a flight literally 3 hours before his first connection flight. My brother is with me now!

Luckily enough my mum had a copy of my passport and birth certificate which she emailed over to them. Fingers crossed I can pick up the emergency passport tomorrow.

I do still have to get the all clear to travel from a dr. Fingers crossed I get this.

I think my husband doesn't know I've left his city but I can't risk him finding me.

This is great news!! I'm so happy your brother is with you too. With regards to the doctor, remember....in Tunisia, money talks, a little back hander might work ;)
When you get back to the UK, you will have to reapply for a new passport and ensure the old, compromised one is cancelled. A British passport, even out of date, sells for a lot of money in the wrong hands ;)
Stay safe, be wary of how much detail you write on this thread...this part of the forum is public, you don't want him to know anything.

Amira

Hope you are doing well. Nice that your mother helps you. Just hope you come safely out of Tunisia and back to your country. Good luck

Ineedadvice

This is great news!! I'm so happy your brother is with you too. With regards to the doctor, remember....in Tunisia, money talks, a little back hander might work ;)
When you get back to the UK, you will have to reapply for a new passport and ensure the old, compromised one is cancelled. A British passport, even out of date, sells for a lot of money in the wrong hands ;)
Stay safe, be wary of how much detail you write on this thread...this part of the forum is public, you don't want him to know anything.
Thank you. I will keep in contact throughout the next day or so. Thank you for the advice and support

Heidi

The Sleuth - Staff Member
An update for you all.

Unbenanntbnhsa.PNG chearledergif.par37.gif

magic

You’re such a very strong lady, I’m sure those babies will be just fine with a lovely mum like you... good luck with the birth and everything and a bright new future xxx

Top Bottom