It's the 4th of July here in the states.

Bostons

Inactive
While I appreciate the holiday as an American I very much dislike the "non-professional" fireworks that my neighbors seem to enjoy every year.... *rollseyes* I have a very old dog that is terrified of them! Plus they are illegal! Our city puts on a professional lovely display over the lake every year. Why these jerks set them off in residential neighborhoods annoy me to no end!
I did happen to mix up some potato salad, marinated chicken is getting to go on the grill along with corn on the cob and a peach pie for dessert!
Wish me luck that I won't throttle my neighbors tonight! GRRRRR!

yougogirl75

Junior Rat Expert
While I appreciate the holiday as an American I very much dislike the "non-professional" fireworks that my neighbors seem to enjoy every year.... *rollseyes* I have a very old dog that is terrified of them! Plus they are illegal! Our city puts on a professional lovely display over the lake every year. Why these jerks set them off in residential neighborhoods annoy me to no end!
I did happen to mix up some potato salad, marinated chicken is getting to go on the grill along with corn on the cob and a peach pie for dessert!
Happy Independence Day to you Bostons from you neighbour north of you!:)

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
I feel for you! My neighbors in Atlanta were the same way. I had a 100 pounds Irish Setter who was deathly afraid of fireworks too. I used to cradle her, as much as I could, on my lap while she just continuously shook from fear! Rude neighbors! Grrrrrrr!!!

I made myself a loaded cheeseburger in honor of the 4th.....even though I’m in Japan! In my little town, we celebrate all countries everything! Actually, we just like celebrating!!!:D Canada had a lovely holiday earlier this week! I forgot what it was, but we celebrated it! Cheers to Canada and the USA!!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Its very common here in the UK to have 'garden fireworks' which I guess is okay but not at 11pm or later - not just because of pets but children too and adults having to be up early for work. Do you need a licence to buy them - over here they sell them in the supermarkets to anyone over 18.

MH c

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Oh ohhhhhhhhh! If I never ever see another tuna pizza, it will too soon for me! Tuna and harissa on EVERYTHING!!!! Eggs which had to be cooked solid.....those were not fried eggs, nor sunny side up! They weren’t sunny at all.....like rats!!! :p
Ya, hard boiled eggs on everything....cut in half! It reached the point whereby my tummy would hurt just looking at them :D

Tuna.....tuna everywhere!! Everywhere....on every freakin dish!! Why??? I swear I still dream of freakin Tuna :sick:

Harrisa and one you forgot @Judithlyn.......OLIVES, by the dang bucketful....but I just luuuuurve olives :p

Amira

Rat Expert
I hope you had a good day yesterday and i hope Your dog is fine
:)

yougogirl75

Junior Rat Expert
Ya, hard boiled eggs on everything....cut in half! It reached the point whereby my tummy would hurt just looking at them :D

Tuna.....tuna everywhere!! Everywhere....on every freakin dish!! Why??? I swear I still dream of freakin Tuna :sick:

Harrisa and one you forgot @Judithlyn.......OLIVES, by the dang bucketful....but I just luuuuurve olives :p
Yes, tuna, eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner hahah Not the good tuna like albacore neither the cheaper tuna! The olives were the unpitted ones all the bloody time with the same crusty bread from yesterday or even days before that!!

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert

I loveeeee olives too, along with the olive oil! We forgot dates, but I love them too....the fruit type!!! Tuna....Oh I’m about to gag just thinking of the stuff! Yep those sliced boiled eggs on everything! Yuck! I no longer eat boiled eggs....I’m too tired of them. My yellows are runny and flow like a river these days! :thumbsup:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I loveeeee olives too, along with the olive oil! We forgot dates, but I love them too....the fruit type!!! Tuna....Oh I’m about to gag just thinking of the stuff! Yep those sliced boiled eggs on everything! Yuck! I no longer eat boiled eggs....I’m too tired of them. My yellows are runny and flow like a river these days! :thumbsup:
Urgh
I found the eggs on my favourite dish ojji too runny - love harissa but in tiny portions :p

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Not the good tuna like albacore neither the cheaper tuna!
Ya, bought in the biggest tins I ever saw in my life!!!

8923CAC5-15FB-4842-BF0D-822F0BD91D0F.jpeg

The olives were the unpitted ones all the bloody time with the same crusty bread from yesterday or even days before that!!
I’m beginning to think I was a little spoiled....our bread was fresh daily...it had to be, as this was rats opportunity to go out and love bomb his other victims :rolleyes:
MIL always sliced my olives :D

08969D3C-7DE7-4BBA-8DA8-A01718F0A69E.jpeg

Look at this, Judith (if the pics will load)....all your favourites on a slice of bread: Harissa, tuna, olives.....and hard boiled egg :D

AC9EE904-580D-4A4C-A0DA-62E682447093.jpeg