Legal Action

Derbygirl

Major Ratslayer
I just wondered whether anyone had attempted to, or successfully brought legal action against a rat?? Is reporting them to the various embassies the best we can do, or is it possible to take it further?? There’s obviously a need for a change in the law, if not............

Candyshop

Junior Rat Expert
Hi, I was searching through this page couple of days ago to find this answer as well. I have been talking past week with one female lawyer from Tunis that was recommended to me. She said I could file a complaint if I assign her in as Power of attorney.
It is difficult for me to trust the system in Tunisia or any people there at the moment. And I keep questioning myself if I want to invest any more money in this rat, it feels so good when I don’t have any information about him and don’t wanna waste any more time with this rat.
He doesn’t understand seriousness of the situation, but the question is if he would even after police takes him in for interrogation.

Derbygirl

Major Ratslayer
Go for it, Candyshop...........Maybe you will be the first and many will follow, my Dear.........Is it very expensive to take on the lawyer?? Cost aside, I think it would be a brave and possibly law-changing move...........Go for it girl!!! Be a pioneer, Candyshop!!! If you are successful, he will have no choice but to take it seriously!!!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure I would make a Tunisian power of attorney!

There is a thread on here that lists trustworthy solicitors.

As for your question about investing more money in to your rat - DON'T DO IT...... you might as well burn it as you will get nothing in return and he will continue using you but when you stop he will drop you like a hot brick.

MH x

Derbygirl

Major Ratslayer

As for your question about investing more money in to your rat - DON'T DO IT...... you might as well burn it as you will get nothing in return and he will continue using you but when you stop he will drop you like a hot brick.

MH x
I don’t agree, MH.............If a solicitor in Tunis isn’t appropriate, then who is?? The Power of Attorney is requested to try to simplify the process.............I am sure it is all ‘above-board’............Why not try the legal route at least?? It doesn’t mean that Candyshop has to give her rat one more penny............She can do this regardless of him..............

MH x

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t agree, MH.............If a solicitor in Tunis isn’t appropriate, then who is?? The Power of Attorney is requested to try to simplify the process.............I am sure it is all ‘above-board’............Why not try the legal route at least?? It doesn’t mean that Candyshop has to give her rat one more penny............She can do this regardless of him..............
I can assure you that not all solicitors are genuine.

Please candy use one that has been recommended - trust no one

MH x

Candyshop

Junior Rat Expert
Sorry, it was missunderstood, I never gave him any money. I meant I really don’t feel like investing money into the process.
I have a friend in my country who has a connection in Ministry of interior and they recommended him this lawyer. I don’t like the style of communication with her though. It has been real awkward, slow and I expected some professionalism, but it’s more like arrogance and she acts like I should know the law and the steps.

Derbygirl

Major Ratslayer
Sorry, it was missunderstood, I never gave him any money. I meant I really don’t feel like investing money into the process.
I have a friend in my country who has a connection in Ministry of interior and they recommended him this lawyer. I don’t like the style of communication with her though. It has been real awkward, slow and I expected some professionalism, but it’s more like arrogance and she acts like I should know the law and the steps.
If you didn’t give him any money, why did you want to take legal action, Candyshop??

simple

Major Ratslayer
Unfotunatly ,,like the a lot of the police in Tunisia ,a lot of solicitors in Tunisia are corrupt also .My uncle was a corperate lawyer ,based in Hammamet for nearly 30 years and it was frustrating for him to say the least .As an outsider i woudlnt trust the system at all .Be very careful