Libyans flock to tunisia

scarlett rose

The BBC's Ian Pannell sums up the situation on the Tunisia-Libya border: "Hundreds of people poured through the border today, most were clinging on to the few possessions they'd managed to grab before fleeing. Blankets, suitcases, children's toys and even a television set. The picture they paint is of a confused, dangerous and fluid situation. Some say they were threatened and robbed, and one man spoke of being beaten up because he was unable to sing the Libyan national anthem."

Now it looks like Tunisia will be flooded with Libyans seeking asylum ...

paula01

The BBC's Ian Pannell sums up the situation on the Tunisia-Libya border: "Hundreds of people poured through the border today, most were clinging on to the few possessions they'd managed to grab before fleeing. Blankets, suitcases, children's toys and even a television set. The picture they paint is of a confused, dangerous and fluid situation. Some say they were threatened and robbed, and one man spoke of being beaten up because he was unable to sing the Libyan national anthem."

OMG the Tunisians cant deal with their own situation at the moment never mind lots more coming in with no work...

scarlett rose

BBC Arabic - الشرق الأوسط - القذافي : قصة حياة بالصور
www.bbc.co.uk

he was quite ok looking when he was a young man must have taken some ugly pills or something for him to look as he does now he looks like he wears mascara ??? loo

tigerlil

Staff member
the videos i have seen in the past couple of days have been the most shocking!!! one will never leave my mind it was a dead toddler but it was the way he,she was killed...Gaddafi is an outright butcher

scarlett rose

Yes too right hes got away with shit b4 and banki moon of UN is now saying that those responsible for the killings in Libya must be brought to justice and punished ...Cannot rememba which latin country but one has vetoed exports to Libya today ..theres a petition to sign to UN on my facebook page please sign it and send it on to your friends x

scarlett rose

OH yeah and even more annoying Petrol is set to increase agin in a few days BUMMER!!

tigerlil

Staff member
Yes too right hes got away with shit b4 and banki moon of UN is now saying that those responsible for the killings in Libya must be brought to justice and punished ...Cannot rememba which latin country but one has vetoed exports to Libya today ..theres a petition to sign to UN on my facebook page please sign it and send it on to your friends x
i will x

paula01

the videos i have seen in the past couple of days have been the most shocking!!! one will never leave my mind it was a dead toddler but it was the way he,she was killed...Gaddafi is an outright butcher
I agree he is evil.

paula01

I will xx

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
Tunisians can take care of them. It's not a big deal. Even if Tunisians have nothing they will share what little they have. You have to understand these Libyans don't want to stay and live in Tunisia, they are just trying to escape the violence and chaos there right now. Life is much better in Libya financially and so they won't stay in Tunis. When things are calm, they will go home where the government gives them money ( oil money ) and subsidizes everything.

The real HORROR and shame is that there are hundreds of Tunisians stuck in the airport in Tripoli that want to get back to Tunis and they have no money or way to go home. These are/were poor Tunisians who had gone to Libya to work. The Tunisian government is not doing anything to help them. People are screaming, send a Tunis Air plane to pick them up and evacuate them, but the government is doing NOTHING.

scarlett rose

yes and there are 300 ex-oats waiting to be flown home too and Cameron has said he will get commercial planes to bring them home ..but so far none have been deployed ...sorry state of affairs really..

tigerlil

Staff member
Tunisians can take care of them. It's not a big deal. Even if Tunisians have nothing they will share what little they have. You have to understand these Libyans don't want to stay and live in Tunisia, they are just trying to escape the violence and chaos there right now. Life is much better in Libya financially and so they won't stay in Tunis. When things are calm, they will go home where the government gives them money ( oil money ) and subsidizes everything.

The real HORROR and shame is that there are hundreds of Tunisians stuck in the airport in Tripoli that want to get back to Tunis and they have no money or way to go home. These are/were poor Tunisians who had gone to Libya to work. The Tunisian government is not doing anything to help them. People are screaming, send a Tunis Air plane to pick them up and evacuate them, but the government is doing NOTHING.
thats awfull

paula01

Oh well did they ever do anything to help them? no not really,,,

Bella

Google Queen
yes and there are 300 ex-oats waiting to be flown home too and Cameron has said he will get commercial planes to bring them home ..but so far none have been deployed ...sorry state of affairs really..
Hmmmm - not sure i sympathise - they are happy to go and live over there and work, chase the oil money for sums of like £400 tax free a day!! yet want britain to come rescue them when the going gets tough?!?!....

NetNiet

EVIL member :D

There are thouseds off people crossing the border but instead off what you think they are most Lybian, they are not, offcourse there are also Lybian people, but there living a lot off Tunisian people in Lybia and they come here back. Also from other nationalities.
Tunisia and Egypt and Algerie has also stated that it doesn't matter if they have no passport or visa.
And like AlAzima already did write, they will not stay here.

Indeed AlAzima, it's like you said and this is also for Egypt. Tunisia and Egypt do have also hospitals made at both side.
I'm not living far from the border and here is now a hospital ready for the Libian people and they will get treatments free.
They are asking the Tunisian people to give blood.
The Tunisian and Egyptian are more than willing to help the people from Lybia!

That's not what I actually understood, yesterday there went I think 5 extra airplaines and the 2 regular flights. That was the programm, but they didn't get all permission to land in Lybia. So that's not a fault from Tunisia.
Also for excample at Tripoli, people has problems to get into the airport because it's blocked by Gadaffi people who are also shooting at them.
And when they are in the airport, it's difficult to get into a plane because the staff at the airport is not very willing to work, they are asking for boarding cards, but with evacuation flights, there are mostly no boarding cards etc.

tigerlil

Staff member
my husband told me that a ship was being sent to collect the Tunisian people today!

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Hmmmm - not sure i sympathise - they are happy to go and live over there and work, chase the oil money for sums of like £400 tax free a day!! yet want britain to come rescue them when the going gets tough?!?!....
Munki - agree with you but the government should bring them home. Only after, either the companies employing them or the employees re-imburse the government. After all, they go over to work tax-free and also know the danger in the Middle East. They would normally pay their fare to go back to their country, so should foot the bill for being rescued.

Bella

Google Queen
Munki - agree with you but the government should bring them home. Only after, either the companies employing them or the employees re-imburse the government. After all, they go over to work tax-free and also know the danger in the Middle East. They would normally pay their fare to go back to their country, so should foot the bill for being rescued.
Couldn't agree more Caramel.....

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
A large majority of the Tunisians were brought home. Though some still remain in Tripoli and other parts of Libya.

http://www.jawharafm.net/news/5515-tunisair-a-assurer-le-rapatriement-des-tunisiens.html

Tunisair inform of the transfer of 2772 Tunisians from Libya since 21 February until 23 February.

The national carrier said in a statement released Thursday, that following consultation between the Ministry of Transport and Works and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Tunisians who can not afford to pay their tickets will be shipped ...FREE on company aircraft.

Tunisair also informs that food was sent in an aircraft to Tunisians who are at the airport in Tripoli..

In addition, due to overruns and malfunctions reported by several witnesses at the Tripoli airport, Tunisair informs that an internal investigation has been initiated to delineate the responsibilities and punish, if any, people who have failed in their mission, or have done condemnable acts of misconduct against the Tunisians who were in distress.

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
This proves the new caretaker government have good intentions, or perhaps they are hedging their bets. Nonetheless, wouldnt have happened under Ben Ali.

Top Bottom