Libyans flock to tunisia

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
This proves the new caretaker government have good intentions, or perhaps they are hedging their bets. Nonetheless, wouldnt have happened under Ben Ali.

I'm not sure about that. I hope it does, I want to believe it does. I have mixed feelings on Ghannouchi though most Tunisians are pretty clear they want him gone and they continue to protests in the millions at the Kasbah in Tunis to get him and all the other RCD members out.

Ghannouchi continues to say he's not leaving and he's not staying. He said it is my duty to see Tunisia through this transitional period but I have no intentions of remaining here once free and fair elections have taken place.

We'll see though...

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
He should go after as he was part of the old regime. We will have to see but at least he knows that he is not wanted.

marilyna

Chocolate Connoisseur
Just been talking to a Muslim friend of mine. His take on the Libyan situation is the West want it to become another Iraq. He claims that if you had no money in Libya, you got welfare, and child benefit. He said there was no poverty whatsoever there. I asked him about Maddafi opening fire on his own people, and he says it is all propoganda. That some people stole arms from the military, and the soldiers had to defend themselves. He says that the West are only covering Libya because of the oil.

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Just been talking to a Muslim friend of mine. His take on the Libyan situation is the West want it to become another Iraq. He claims that if you had no money in Libya, you got welfare, and child benefit. He said there was no poverty whatsoever there. I asked him about Maddafi opening fire on his own people, and he says it is all propoganda. That some people stole arms from the military, and the soldiers had to defend themselves. He says that the West are only covering Libya because of the oil.
I agree with the part about oil but many Libyans and other observers have seen the carnage and also the foreigners who were rescued. Yes, they may have had handouts but they were supressed for a long time and saw the success of Tunisia and Egypt and made a bid for freedom - democracy. All this is evidenced by the £20bn that Maddafi stashed away in foreign banks. His son owns a £10m mansion in Hampstead Garden Suburbs and only today it was reported that the Council has asked for this to be seized and the Gaddafi family to be prevented from entering the UK.

It definitely will not become another Iraq as the UK have no soldiers to spare and I doubt whether the British people would want their sons, husbands etc to go out there to die. When it comes to tribal rivalry it is very difficult to control as evidenced by the the Russains pulling out of Afghanistan after 30 years. The same will happen for US and UK, they cannot win there. They may win hearts but never the battle. Besides, the Afghan people like the Libyans only would welcome humanitarian intervention and nothing else. They want to rule their own countries and decide their own destiny.

Katie1971

Sad brainwashed person

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Sounds like this friend of yours is a supporter of Maddafi (love that name). Wonder why the media havent picked up on it? Would make a great headline.

scarlett rose

I was also in a multi ethnic school today I had 4 libyan children and 3 afghanistan children several from Iraq and Pakistan ..the little Libyan boy Ahmed said ghaddaffi was good and he wanted him to win makes you wonder if the parents are brainwashing these kids so young ...

scarlett rose

yemen are kicking off now ...and the guy mark penny is saying there is no panic in the USA..is he kidding?? cos i think theres panic in England whether ppl admit it or not ..the USA he says cannot be seen to be intervening or interfering ..thats ok get cameron to do it for you he already has ...its usa england france against Libya say if there was an all out conflict in the middle east can you imagine?? I mean would all the arabic countries stick together ?? I mean the arab league are changing their minds at the flick of a coin ..at end of the day all the arab states hate the west for intervening ..but really I guess we had to do something to stop Maddaffi but its gonna cause so much destruction in the middle east ..scary stuff when you delve deep ..

Military defections shake Yemeni government
english.aljazeera.net
Three army commanders have thrown their weight behind the protesters who are demanding the president step down.
english.aljazeera.net

paula01

yemen are kicking off now ...and the guy mark penny is saying there is no panic in the USA..is he kidding?? cos i think theres panic in England whether ppl admit it or not ..the USA he says cannot be seen to be intervening or interfering ..thats ok get cameron to do it for you he already has ...its usa england france against Libya say if there was an all out conflict in the middle east can you imagine?? I mean would all the arabic countries stick together ?? I mean the arab league are changing their minds at the flick of a coin ..at end of the day all the arab states hate the west for intervening ..but really I guess we had to do something to stop Maddaffi but its gonna cause so much destruction in the middle east ..scary stuff when you delve deep ..

english.aljazeera.net
Three army commanders have thrown their weight behind the protesters who are demanding the president step down.
english.aljazeera.net
Do you think that these Countries would intervene if it wasnt for the oil?? no dont think so either,,

I think Tunisia did what it had to do and now they are trying to repair not only themselves but there country.
The mimic of what they did, in other countries has been just a follow on "which has become worse"
Tunisia should concentrate on themselfs, im not being nasty but look at all thats happened.
Tunisia needs to heal and the only way to do this is to think of what they want, not Lybia, or Egpt......
My thoughts xx

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
Do you think that these Countries would intervene if it wasnt for the oil?? no dont think so either,,
Hmmm but the USA doesn't get any of Libya's oil. That's why Americans are so angry right now. They said let Europe deal with it since it's an investment for them. However, I feel like it's a humanitarian effort not something to be done for oil. Then again who knows what's being whispered in Washington DC and if the USA will inisist on being paid back for money spent on Operation Libya ; payback in the form of oil - who knows?

scarlett rose

U.S. Love Affair with Murderous Dictators and Hate for Democracy | Global Empire |Axisoflogic.com
axisoflogic.com
Millions of people around the world are overwhelmed and encouraged by the popular uprisings against U.S.-imposed dictatorship regimes in the Arab world. Yet what is lacking is any serious examination of the complicity of the U.S. government and its allies in supporting murderous regimes.

this is a very thought provoking article..

the highlander

Aye lybians may be flocking to tunisia
but the tunisians are flocking to italy
mmmm then i wonder where ?????
all the best
the hairy one

the highlander

to answer the oil question
of coarse it oil
UK EU and USA did nothing in Tiananmen Square or to RUssia when it turned off the oil over the last 2 years to Ukraine
I wish any people well if they are standing up for freedoms, but and its a big but
will any of this really bring freedoms as we know them in the west, or just another jumped up wee tin pot dictator
What really make the difference today is the media because it cant be swept under the carpet like it used to
and also the wests idea of the "hands off" approach as long as everything SEEMS fine
Most of the world is ruled by wee hitlers be it africa, the middle east, asia
the only 3 places in the world that have a hint of democracy is
EU. USA. and AUSTRALAISIA
Most other places are as corrupt as hell
We in the three places above should stop looking at others thinking "oh the want to be like us"
all the best
the hairy one

scarlett rose

latest news is that Gaddaffi defected to tunisia omg run a mile ...then it was said he returned to tripoli but the news reader was adamant that the rebels had said he definately was still in Tunisia in exile ..omg he could be sitting in a cafe in sousse smoking chicha ... I swear I saw bin laden sitting in a cafe in sousse a few years ago just minding his own business lol

scarlett rose

Jesus is mentioned 25 times in the noble qu'oran so why if the pastor terry jones is supposedly a christian ??why would he want to burn the qu'oran???? my belief is that he is deliberately inciting anger amongst muslims ...he should be arrested for attempting to incite violence and mayhem ..again he has in my opinion caused the carnage in Afghanistan whereby today members of the UN were murdered ..a norweigan a dutch and I think an american slaughtered by protestors protesting against a video shown in Afghanistan of himself jones in a courtroom setting fire to the qu'oran... apparently the whitehouse and obama are furious but reluctant again to lay blame on this pastor ... come on what are they waiting for?? by their silence they are seen to condone his actions saying they do not have enough proof ..this pastor is dangerous and has now created so much hatred for the west by muslims in Afghanistan ...so much for handing over and delegating responsibility to the Afghan police ..they didn't or couldn't protect the un staff against this latest carnage...

Galadriel

Globe Trotter Extraordinaire
Have to agree with you mostly on this one, the fundamental Christians of this persuasion are dangerous as hell, we all know the Results of such acts so why isn`t he charged with incitement of racial hatred and aid to murder?

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
I struggle with this one.
On the one hand we have crazy christians, on the other, crazy muslims. Both fundamentalists - is one any worse than the other? I don't defend either, i think Terry Jones and many like him should be put away on a remote island somewhere and not given the publicy they crave and sadly receive. But the violence by the muslims cannot be justified, excused or blamed on anyone else but themselves and those within them who incite it :coffee:

scarlett rose

Because it goes much deeper ...if you look at the conspiracy theories or watch zeitgeist or the illuminati videos its really quite frightening ..there are sadly many in the US government who are anti.muslim and many americans too after the 9/11 incident ..one theory is that Bush and the CIA conspired and were responsible for the 9/11 onslaught and that it was a huge propaganda exercise to blame extreme muslims..therefore creating Islamaphobia which is inherent in american and english society.. for the moment I do not know why this pastor is being allowed to create such mayhem..and clearly he needs to be apprehended ..... I remember having an argument with an american on facebook he was anti-islam and he suggested I told all my muslim friends to go fight in Afghanistan...and why should american soldiers defend a lawless country and die for nothing..he ranted and raved and said that one day I would be sorry when Islam and sharia law ruled England and he would like to see me then and wondered if I would still have my muslim friends ..crazy and islamaphobic..

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
I know a good bit about the conspiracy theories, which include the belief that most world leaders are really giant lizards in disguise - and if you look closely at George Bush and Tony Blair - eek!
I don't believe the Bush administration planned 9/11, but they certainly exploited it. On 9/10 George Bush was the most unpopular president ever, on the evening of 9/11 he reversed that and indeed encouraged Islamaphobia for his own gains. That was to help justify the invasion of Afghanistan and later Iraq.
The pastor is allowed to continue because of the first amendment, simply that. But its a difficult one - does Terry Jones cause violence by his crazy actions, or is it those fundamentalists within Islam who incite their own to react violently?

Top Bottom