Lies or not?

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Ali_109, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Ali_109

Ali_109 New Member

Hello, sorry if I’ve done this wrong I haven’t ever posted here before so I’m not quite sure. Anyway this guy I think he is a rat but I’m not 100% sure. Then a couple of days ago he told me am I sure I want to be with him and get married in the future because once he turns 24 (he’s 23) he can’t work with the government and if he did the work now he can’t marry? Very confusing but anyway I’m sure non of this is true but just wanted to be sure and see what anyone else thinks? Thank you so much!

2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Hi and welcome. You did everything right :) How long have you known the guy?

3. Ali_109

Ali_109 New Member

Oh good! Thank you, I’ve known him about five months now, thanks again :)

4. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

and I guess he is a policeman ;)

5. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Hi Ali, welcome to TLR :)
    I will assume the same as Heidi...that he wants to join the police force.
    I don't really understand it all properly, but I think it's because a police officer can't leave the country permanently or something along those lines.
    @Big Bang Theory, any ideas on this one?
    Your avatar says you are only twenty, Ali. If this is correct, at least you don't have the age gap issues.
    If you want to know if he is a rat, we will need a little more detail of his behaviours, if you're only wanting to know if he is telling you the truth over the government employment, hopefully another member with more knowledge will come along soon :)

Heidi likes this.
  6. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Laurence wrote in a post in 2015: "A Tunisian policeman can certainly have a relationship with a european woman (witnessed some living with their european GF), BUT he can't get married to her (same for professionals in the army) without getting out of "official" duties and becoming a regular citizen again."

http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/more-information-needed.4089/#post-220579

btw. have you met him in person?

Mango Chutney likes this.
  7. Mango Chutney

And I just found this one, also by Laurence:

"On top of all, this man is a policeman (special forces as he has said) this meaning that he will never be allowed to quit his profession unless he just dissappears from the country without ever going back till the law changes....
    Have known a similar case, special policeman in civil clothing (verified, was true) and he fled one day to Europe and can't go back to Tunisia ever since...he would be arrested right away at the tunisian border if he goes back!"

Laurence, Sep 12, 2016Rep

Heidi likes this.
  8. Mango Chutney

This puts a lot of pressure on you to marry in a hurry. How long have you known him for and why didn't he tell you this before? :confused: When does he turn twenty four?
    I don't understand why he can't work for the government once he turns twenty four :confused: Is twenty four years too old to be government staff in Tunisia? I can tell you that people much older than twenty four can start government positions in the UK.

9. Lovelylondon

Lovelylondon Well-Known Member

She has known him 5 months.

Amira and Mango Chutney like this.
  10. Mango Chutney

I read that after I asked :D I blame my new back medication for the oversight :oops::D
    Five months, just five months and he's wanting marriage...tis a bad sign! So I will repeat Heidi's question (I did notice that :D )

Lovelylondon likes this.
  11. Ali_109

Ali_109 New Member

Is there anyone I could message to see if they know him? I looked through the gallery’s but couldn’t see him

12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Hi Ali, I sent you a pm :)

Laura2014 likes this.
  13. mmclean38

mmclean38 Well-Known Member

A policeman can not marry a foreign women, as i am sure it is the same with any government job. My Ex Tunisian was a policeman, but let me just also add, that telling me he cant marry a foreign women was the only truth he ever told!!!!!!! So let me ask you this, Would you marry a man in your own country and culture for this reason?

14. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

If a Tunisian policeman or government worker can not marry a foreigner, can a Tunisian who is married to a foreigner get a job as a policeman or government worker?
    Being that, if he wants to be a policeman, why did he start a relationship with a foreigner?

juicyfruit likes this.
  15. Mango Chutney

Money!!

16. mmclean38

Brasilgirl likes this.
  17. Brasilgirl

It doesn’t make sense. Rush to get married so he won’t be able to take the job? A bit backwards, unless he doesn’t want to work, he just wants to rat around?

magic likes this.
  18. Mango Chutney

He is either lying and just trying to get her to marry him fast....before telling her the police refused to accept him, so now he needs a visa to better 'their' (his) future.....
    Or....he wants her to send him wedding money and gifts, after which, she will be thrown out with the trash.

Somewhere in his warped mind....his scam makes sense.

juicyfruit, Heidi and Brasilgirl like this.
  19. Brasilgirl

It will make sense to him if he gets money or gifts from her. Or better, marriage/visa. But that will depend where she is.
    Canada is making immigration for spouses more difficult. They ask for proof of relationship, how long, and they check it out. If they think it’s fraud, they deny it. The decision can be appealed, but when the marriage is international and their are cultural differences, the application is looked at more carefully. Canada has pages on their web site about marriage fraud. They have extended the wait time for a spousal landed immigrant status by a year. I don’t know if the rats keep up on that stuff. They could woo a woman for years and get left at the door with nothing.

juicyfruit likes this.
  20. Mango Chutney

The rats keep up to date on everything, all hints, tips and words of guidance are shared on closed FB groups, by both rats in Tunisia and rats abroad with inside knowledge...I managed to see inside a few of those groups ;)

Rats love Canada, they adore the very liberal Justin Trudeau....because he is too soft. My rat, his bro and cousin thought Trudeau was just the best!

It doesn't matter to a rat where a victim is, what matters is getting a visa to a civilised country, enabling them to get money (to pay the dowry and lifestyle of his Tunisian fiance), if it is a country he is not especially keen on, he will try to move on once he has his papers.

Many rats have made it to Canada.

juicyfruit and Brasilgirl like this.
  21. Brasilgirl

I do beleive that! This is a country full of immigrants. I was just looking into the process before when I saw the new changes. It’s not impossible, but at least they are recognising the fraud happens and they are attempting to take some steps to mitigate it.
    Well, he would stand out here in Canada! Canadians aren’t too happy with Justin Trudeau these days. His days as Prime Minuster are definitely numbered!! I hear complaints all the time, and in the news too. Not many Trudeau sympathisers left these days!

22. Mango Chutney

Girl....I hope you are right!
    He is such a weirdo....I nearly died laughing at his "Peoplekind" comment and his marriage outfits whilst touring India! :D:D
    He is a joke....needs to go back to teaching drama.
    I wish all our countries would take a tougher stance on migration....too many bad buggers with intent to kill are getting through...and good people are getting turned away.

spartacus, juicyfruit and Brasilgirl like this.
  23. mmclean38

Maybe he doesn't really want the job. Maybe it's just a way to get her to think she could lose him. So she will agree to marriage. And go do exactly that.

Brasilgirl likes this.
  24. mmclean38

Because in a government job they can not be or marry a foreign woman. So it seems he is trying to get her to rush to marry him.

25. Brasilgirl

It’s a messed up world.

juicyfruit likes this.