Looking for answers

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I agree with you all, I don't think there's any one reason why someone would be susceptible to a rat. Just a combination of their conning skills and being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

I do have one question if anyone knows the answer please. It's come to light that he has applied for a visa twice. Once at the beginning of 2015 and once at the beginning of 2016. They were both with the full sponsorship of my husbands ex. The first was very early on in the relationship so we had assumed it was declined because of that. The second though, they had been 'together' for just over a year.....surely that wouldn't have been refused without a good reason? I don't know, I don't have experience of visas but it does seem odd that he's repeatedly denied permission to travel x
Does the ex wife earn the required income to sponsor him?
For them to go to England on a visitors visa, they have to prove they have something worth retuning to, like a business, a hefty bank balance of thousands etc. He is an animator, he would have failed on those grounds.

Truthseeker

Does the ex wife earn the required income to sponsor him?
For them to go to England on a visitors visa, they have to prove they have something worth retuning to, like a business, a hefty bank balance of thousands etc. He is an animator, he would have failed on those grounds.
Ahh thank you. Yes she does have a large income but he doesn't have anything of any value like a business or savings that we know of. In fact we're not even sure he's working at this moment x

Lovelylondon

Ahh thank you. Yes she does have a large income but he doesn't have anything of any value like a business or savings that we know of. In fact we're not even sure he's working at this moment x
Mango, if she marries him, will it be easy for him to get a visa?

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Mango, if she marries him, will it be easy for him to get a visa?
Only if she meets all the necessary requirements and this is no guarantee, as these scams are being clamped down on more now, so the visa requests could keep getting rejected. Marriage will increase his chances of success in his scam....but not guarantee it. She has to earn £18,500 per annum and prove she can afford to keep him.

Visit visa is really hard its not so much on her salary but his reason for return. For example, he owns property or rents, owns a car/ motorbike, proof of his earnings and job, if his father has died and he is the oldest/ only son. Return flight details. All this has to be proven he will return.
Spouse visa is different, her income wilk need to meet the financial requirment ( almost 19 grand) she will have to provide her wage slips, bank statements ( 6 months) a letter from her employer, a letter from her landlord to say there is ample space for him to live there and that he agrees to it. If its her own home then she needs her deeds and also have details of all.the rooms in the house etc. She needs to prove her relationship, print facebook messages / whats app etc. To show continuous contact Photos from.every visit. Hotel bookings. Entry and exit stamps, flight confirmations etc. If her salary doesnt meet the requirment then she has to have 69 grand in her bank account

Truthseeker

Thank you everyone for your replies. She definitely meets the income required for a marriage visa, in fact probably 3-4 times over! She also has her own house and has been with the same employer since before I met my husband. All very appealing for a low paid hotel worker eh! Well it's all speculation for now. Who knows, he might be genuine! In which case I hope they are very happy together and the children get on with him too. Only time will tell now xx

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Thank you everyone for your replies. She definitely meets the income required for a marriage visa, in fact probably 3-4 times over! She also has her own house and has been with the same employer since before I met my husband. All very appealing for a low paid hotel worker eh! Well it's all speculation for now. Who knows, he might be genuine! In which case I hope they are very happy together and the children get on with him too. Only time will tell now xx
He's not genuine :D:D
He is an piss poor animator with an older Western woman, divorced and with children, plus....he has at least two failed visa requests under his belt!! :D
He is a rat! I will re direct you to a comment on another thread, it's a long comment, but it will give you an idea of their culture, you will see that an older, divorced woman with kids is only acceptable in a bezness arrangement. She is being scammed and trust me....long term, it will have a very negative impact on her kids. Blimey, this rat really is laughing all the way to the bank...he hooked a wealthy divorcee!

You have to be logged in to read this thread, as it's set to members only.
The post is on page 21, comment #502:
https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/rat-from-elhamma.4595/

To be honest i.think.the kids will be fine he will want to create a good impression ( show hes 'father material) in.the long term that will have to be seen though :( his visit visa refusals will not have any impact on.his spouse visa at all nor his job unfortunately.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
To be honest i.think.the kids will be fine he will want to create a good impression ( show hes 'father material) in.the long term that will have to be seen though :( his visit visa refusals will not have any impact on.his spouse visa at all nor his job unfortunately.
The kids will be fine with him there, he wants mum to see how good he is with kids, he will put on a great show with the kiddies for a visa. Even if he gets to England, he will probably still be good with the kids, the impact on the kids will start when he starts to emotionally destroy their mother....kids pick up on this stuff, it is 100% guaranteed that this will happen, there is no way to avoid it.
As a married rat, you are right....his crappy job or lack of job will not matter, but on a visitors visa....his job or lack of job goes against him. He has to prove he has means in Tunisia that will ensure he returns there after a visit (many go underground and stay in England etc illegally), he does not have these means.
My rat tried to get here on an education visa, he had to have something ridiculous in the bank, like thirty thousand dinar....his banker dad was going to set up a fake bank account for him ;)
These rats and their families will break any laws and tell all manner of lies to get to our countries....they are desperate :rolleyes:

What the hell. He was actually going to put a 30 grand fake account? Must been soo desperate its got me laughing. There is 3 types of rats here in the uk the ones who come and stay for the first 2.5 year visa. They save and then return to tunisia for their tuni brides with a new house etc. Then we have the ones who are in it for the long haul they want they ilr so then they can bring over their tuni hoes lol. This is why sometimes its so hard to.tell because they can keep up the act for so long until that final visa is in their hands. The 3rd they marry some one from the eu then the eu partner brings them here ( because for example no rat wants to live in poland etc) they come here and dont need to meet any requirements ( i dont want any rats here but this actually pisses me off) then the polish wife goes back to her country and leaves her rat here to work. I know many that has done this and it angers me beyond anything else.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
What the hell. He was actually going to put a 30 grand fake account?
He was indeedy!! Ratty daddy works for STB bank in Rades, he told Houssem to just name the amount :rolleyes:
The 3rd they marry some one from the eu then the eu partner brings them here ( because for example no rat wants to live in poland etc) they come here and dont need to meet any requirements ( i dont want any rats here but this actually pisses me off) then the polish wife goes back to her country and leaves her rat here to work. I know many that has done this and it angers me beyond anything else.
I hear ya, girlie!!!! It absolutely infuriates me beyond belief :Evil:

Karima

Only if she meets all the necessary requirements and this is no guarantee, as these scams are being clamped down on more now, so the visa requests could keep getting rejected. Marriage will increase his chances of success in his scam....but not guarantee it. She has to earn £18,500 per annum and prove she can afford to keep him.
This is true and as a tax payer I would say also right - the person who is living in UK must have regular income up to certain (low) limit. Because if you are on benefits and you have kids and all kinds of allowances then you can not bring your lovely boy here. I know a brittish lady who is not working, is single mother to 3. She used to go to Sousse all the time to meet this young (not even good looking or smart) guy and they had amazing (sexual) relationship. Then she got married in Tunisia and was confident that he is coming to UK. But no, this happened 2016 and he is still safely living with his mother in Tunisia and she is here.

Heidi

Inactive
well all is ok with you then, you havent been disturbed by tunisian guys - sounds like you have been round the world with your camera, why then to go to cheap tourist places ? there is only one sea and only one sky to be photographed.
I think some people have adventure in their DNA ;)

well all is ok with you then, you havent been disturbed by tunisian guys - sounds like you have been round the world with your camera, why then to go to cheap tourist places ? there is only one sea and only one sky to be photographed.
I.guess because of tunisia's history or just maybe the fact its another place to scratch off the map of places to visit in this big world

Mango Chutney

Staff member
well all is ok with you then, you havent been disturbed by tunisian guys
I haven't? Have you read around this forum? You see, I'm a very open and honest person.....so I've written of my rodent on practically every thread here on TLR, I've put the warnings here for other women :thumbsup:

My rodent liked to beat the shit outta me, hide my stuff, terrify me by chasing me around in the dark....have you ever hidden in a tree? A bin? A garage? All for hours in the dark, frightened for your life? My rodent threatened to kill my children. He described in graphic detail what he was going to do to them. On one occasion, he was laughing hysterically as he described the death of my boys to me.

You are right, I've never been disturbed by Tunisian boys......I'm just on this forum for fun :rolleyes:
sounds like you have been round the world with your camera, why then to go to cheap tourist places ?
I have been very lucky with my travel....because I worked hard for this! My travel has not been to the far flung locations I wish to see, as my husband is terrified of flying and my kids were too young....but I intend to rectify this now the kids are older.

I've been contemplating using Gulf Air :confused: Would you recommend them for good service? I'd really like a quiet flight, so I'm hoping I won't be surrounded by screaming babies and the smell of poo ;) I've seen some complaints about Gulf Air, so just thought I'd ask :thumbsup:

I don't worry about places being cheap, perhaps a little dirty and dated.....what I care about is how I feel there. I judge nobody and nowhere by wealth....you have a very poor attitude if you do.

I look for warm, welcoming people, an interesting culture, history, sounds, smells, beauty, music, a vibrant atmosphere etc....I found all of this in Tunisia before the rat came along. Does that answer your question?
there is only one sea and only one sky to be photographed.
Oh dear. You poor thing....do you live with blinkers on??
Have you never seen the beauty of a sunrise, a sunset, a cloud formation? A beautiful sky of blue, orange or pink? An angry sky with hints of a storm? Have you ever wondered at the miracle and beauty of a rainbow? There are many skies to be seen, but only if you appreciate the beauty of nature.

Have you ever seen the sea, so calm, still and blue it doesn't look real? So angry and grey that the waves go over your head? Have you ever stood in a sea so clear, you can photograph the fish beneath the surface? Take photos of your own feet stood on the sea bed?

You have my sympathy. We have a beautiful planet....you should see the beauty of it, appreciate the best things in life that come for free.

Now, about Gulf Air.....what do you think? I've read some negative reviews. In your opinion, is one airplane the same as the others, like the sea and the sky? Let me know :love:
I think some people have adventure in their DNA ;)
Ja....that's meeeeee!! I've seen that saying somewhere before ;)

Last edited:

Gorgeous

I have used Etihad and Emirates - prefer the latter. Don't know anything about Gulf Air. An amazing site to visit - obviously when things have calmed down in that part of the world is - Petra, Jordan. Amazing! Also Hurghada - but choose 5* hotel.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I have used Etihad and Emirates - prefer the latter. Don't know anything about Gulf Air. An amazing site to visit - obviously when things have calmed down in that part of the world is - Petra, Jordan. Amazing! Also Hurghada - but choose 5* hotel.
Don't fear.....I think Karima can advise me on Gulf Air ;)
I never stay 5*.....I'm never in my hotel, so I usually economise on 3* and use my money for daytrips and transport. As long as I have a bed, a shower, coffee and cigarettes...I'm a happy girl :)
I don't understand these folk that go on holiday and stay in the hotel grounds :confused: In my mind, if you don't travel around and explore, you haven't really seen that country, just a hotel that could be anywhere in the world....it seems like a waste of time and money.....I guess it's the adventure in my DNA :p
Thanks, chick.

Gorgeous

I agree. Each to his own.
My son and I always explored outside the hotels wherever we went - I always want to see the 'real' country. I also don't check out the nearest Irish/English bars/restaurants - if people want these - then stay at home.
One trip we did - Luxor to Cairo on the overnight train - fabulous experience. I have so many items on my bucket list - but health issues curtailing me at the moment.
One of my dreams - to own a flat in Egypt. I did buy but like thousands of foreign investors - we got stung. Apartments not finished - ongoing court case. Shitty owners now in prison - but for how long, no idea. They will bribe everyone - as in TN - and walk away scott-free. I will keep fighting.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
hi Mango - why you say like that about me?
Read this comment of yours below, do you think it's nice? I don't, and neither did other members, hence replying the way I did:
You will see by the replies to your comment that we were a little surprised by the nasty tone. Maybe the language differences mean your words appear harsher than they should be, I don't know, but your post was not nice.
I was certainly disturbed by a Tunisian man....I am lucky to be alive.

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
....... Maybe the language differences mean your words appear harsher than they should be,.......
I think it's probably a language difference.... It's difficult enough to communicate all these emotional issues and disgusting things that happen with another English person, and to really understand each other, let alone try to do it in a foreign language.
So to read through all these threads, to try to understand everything, the whole situation, and then communicate back in a foreign language.... Must be really difficult. There are bound to be misinterpretation problems on both sides :(

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I have been living in UK since 2003 and I am working with people. I do not have communication problems.
Its just the tone of some members are kind of "saying the last word" here. Whatever I have written here Mango has
questioned my opinions.
I will go through all your posts tomorrow and see what I've questioned. If I've asked questions, it's for clarity only. I do not agree that only weakened and vulnerable people are targeted by rats and I think it's wrong to presume I was not treated badly by a rat. Beyond those two recollections, I'll be honest....I can't remember what else you've written.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I will go through all your posts tomorrow and see what I've questioned.
So I decided to look through tonight.
Ok, so the only comments of yours I have queried are the two on this thread.
In the domestic violence thread, I liked your comments (I suffered domestic violence with my rat), but I did notice you upset a few other members with comments in the past, like saying about the women are all fat on the beach in summer.
I question things that confuse me, I speak out if I disagree, however, my opinions are solely my own....but I will voice them.
I stand by my comments on this thread: I disagree that only women which are weak or vulnerable are targeted by rats in middle age.
Yes, I had a very rough deal with a rat.
There are many seas and skies to be seen.
My camera is my best friend...we travel well together, regardless of the wealth of the country I am visiting. The end :)

Heidi

Inactive
This is the best facebook group for TWAGS - they are down to earth (not all wearing rose tinted glasses), they support each other's (good) relationships but are not afraid to tell the truth when they see big red signs of bezness - it might come better if she hears the truth from people who are in relationships like she is rather than people on the outside.
Also there are a few members there who live in Hamamet she could meet up with or help her if the shit does hit the fan.
Maybe your husband could suggest she join the group so that she has support??
It's called Tunisian's Wives & Girlfriends Safe Haven
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1425490644426222/?ref=group_browse_new
I found a public group on fb :)

love my foreign spouse defend the rights of cross border couples https://www.facebook.com/groups/846381282062263/

That group is just for visa process @Heidi. Rarely anything gets posted on there unless its marraige or visa questions. Most posts are deleted if anyone writes on it thats not visa related etc

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I used to be in that group....back in the days when I believed Houssem's bullshit about wanting us to live permanently in Tunisia....and I was gonna try to twist his arm and take him to England :oops::D:D
He must have taken me out of the group when he went through my account.....and having seen how many deluded women with Tunisian rats are on there....I can see why!! :D
One conversation is between women who are thinking of moving to Tunisia for three months, they've offered to live there permanently, but the Tunisian husband says no, there is no opportunity here, life is hard, blah de freakin blah.....and she believes him!! Honestly....I wanna bash my head against a brick wall repeatedly! Wake up, you deluded wallies!! Take the pink specs off, arghhhhhhh! I've just rejoined....now do I dare post links on all the Tunisian ones? :D I'm thinking cigarette, coffee....and as many links as possible before they ban me :D