Love rats from a Tunisian point of view

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by WallaTn, Jun 2, 2014.

1. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

I would like to share some ideas about this love rat thing in Tunisia.

I have a lot of compassion for all the people that are suffering from these bugs.
    I don't believe in England or Europe there's no love rats. Love rats are everywhere on the globe and both sex.
    In Tunisian we call love rats 'bezness'.

Tunisia is a dysfunctional country and government with a high rate of unemployment. The common dream for all Tunisians is immigrating somewhere else.
    All European country blocked their door for immigration from North Africa. The only way for this people is to marry an European citizen to get their ticket to haven.
    The only way to make their dream comes true is to try to establish relationships with Europeans through the Internet or the touristic zones in Sousse-Monstir, Hammamet-Nabeul and Jerba-Zarzis.
    The majority of Tunisians are living their everyday life peacefully and away from this touristic zones and the trouble but a tiny minority usually uneducated, poor and sometimes criminal choose to fish for women who can make their immigration dream comes true.
    Usually these love rats target more than one woman/man at a time to maximize their chance to go to Europe, in least time.
    The Tunisian government knows about these love rats. Try sometimes to stop them but always let go because they know this what makes a lot of tourist come tens of times to Tunisia.
    These people create business for restaurants, shops and hotels. A lot of them get commissions for every customer they bring.
    Touristic zones in Tunisia and Morocco are a major destination for prostitution, gays and pedophiles from all over Europe. A lot of Tourists come to Tunisia looking for love and sex and they will probably get it but they have of course to pay the price.

The touristic zones, from the average Tunisian point of view, are places full of sins, prostitution and pedophile. You don't want to hangout a lot around unless you are a bezness or love rat.
    Tunisians are mostly tolerant, open mind somehow conservative too. They still prefer a young, virgin and untouched person as a partner. In a Tunisian mentality if you meet a girl/man in those places she's a whore or he's a pedophile or gay.
    When I was a student in the city of Monastir in the early 90s, I hang out always in the touristic zones with my friends and I came close with hundreds of gays, pedophiles and girls from all over Europe looking for preys, and they were really pushy and disrespectful thinking all the people going to these places are looking for the same thing. Image from a Tunisian perspective!

At the end nothing can justify a criminal behavior. Europe has to make tougher laws to protect its citizens. Tunisia has to clean up its beaches from these criminals.

Tunisians are warm and honest people. If you want a real love in Tunisia, Choose a partner with a similar age and situation and away from love rats activity zones.

2. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Walla Tn, how did you get into the USA?

3. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

I legally immigrated with my small family to the USA, 10 years ago.

4. Laurence

Of course I supposed you emigrated legally, but on which basis?

5. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

Lottery Green Card. Does this make any difference?

Tunisianbelle and Alien like this.
  6. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi WallaTn,
    Thank you for your summary, It's good to see how a Tunisian man thinks about these things.
    My best friend was a victim of a love rat. He was a waiter in the hotel she stayed. She was in SIMILAR age with the Tunisian man, and she was not fat and not ugly. In our country men usually say that she is beautiful and very pretty, and arabic men also usually like her in particular..... She is that type :)
    It was not her who initiated the contact with that man. On the contrary, she refused that man many times. They had no sex until long time. She didn't want. The man seemed to be very polite, well-mannered, shy, calm and kind, so she fell in love with him..... But time, it has turned to light that every behavior of him to her was fake, he has been actually a rat, and used her only for her money....
    Why could she become a victim of a rat? She was not an old woman who wanted relationship with her "grandson". And she was not a slut who go for sex on the first night...... So please, what do you think, why?

7. Pumpkin

Pumpkin Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. Very well said.

Amira, Caramel, Nali and 1 other person like this.
  8. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

I'm really sorry for your friend. I will never justify a rat actions. I think he was playing her like any other girl.
    For a rat a grandma is a dream, a beautiful girl is the perfect dream but they both are another number in their notebook or phone. These bastards are exchanging their experiences and strategies, the same way we do it here. They are perseverant, very patient and better than you and me in human nature and its weaknesses.
    Let me tell you something. 70% of tourism business are rats from the waiter, to the receptionists, to the DJs and animation guys, to the cooks, to the security people, to the guides and so on. They get degrees and go to the tourism industry on purpose to find the dream girl. I didn't include in my list the wild rats outside hotels, on the beaches and in the night clubs who are more dangerous, aggressive and always criminals.

Jisela, AmberHeart, Judithlyn and 9 others like this.
  9. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Thank you WallaTN! :) And it never occurs that a rat initiate a contact with a girl because of money and visa benefits, and after time he yet fall in love with her against his intentions? They will never be able to never change? They have no feelings at all? How can they be so colds and cruels?

Judithlyn, gothgirl, Caramel and 3 others like this.
  10. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

Alien

They are not tempted to fall in love......they have a game plan ...

It is easy to understand once you realise to them it is a job.....

The other person is a commodity..if the girl is attractive that is a bonus for the rat..

One thing you must try to understand is the 'rat' will not be sidetracked from his end goal..

He acts for as long as he needs to...he does not win an oscar for his performance...But his prize is greater.....He wins money, he gains respect, he gains the freedom to choose a Tunisian virgin bride ...etc etc..

If you look around when you are in Tunisia you will see many beautiful (physically) girls/women....The men have no need to look for Europeans for marriage, But they do because of the benefits....

The European mind can not understand or easily accept this cold hearted business plan and get caught and dragged into the trap....

Yrs ago in UK the gentry married for land and property, love did not come into it...It still happens today here.....very rarely will a landed gentleman marry someone beneath his status....Yes shocking as it might seem it does happen here too....The big difference is the Tunisian rat does the love talk very well indeed .....

AmberHeart, Judithlyn, Liona and 9 others like this.
  11. ExNorway

ExNorway Well-Known Member

Hi WallTn,

Thank You from sharing your perspectives with us as a T man living in the US.
    I do agree with some of the things you say and I welcome your views, but as far as I understand you do not live in ( or did live in a Europe ?). The immigration " sector" of Tunisians in my country have come in two waves:

First the once in the 1970/1980 who came here to work and mostly have integrated well here paying their taxes and living decent lives,

The seccond wave ( I will not go into detail politically or economically ) came from 2009/20011. Those were mostly men ( and yes we all know of the revolution and the situation), but these men mostly did not come to work legally they came to scam women and our society.
    Some ( young boys) were fulled and told they would get a real job, but most of them NEW exactelly what they were doing and that make my head puzzle around your " group sentence ":

"Tunisians are warm and honest people. If you want a real love in Tunisia, Choose a partner with a similar age and situation"

That does not add up I had similar age as my x and not to far of when it came to situation either ( sosio - economical background / and education), and yes I did find him warm and " honest" at first ( we met here), but he turned out to be a total rat and that is NOT my fault because I was choosing wrong ( partly ofcourse I have responsibility as well), but it could not be in my imagination, as a well traveled person, that somebody deliberately from the start is planning to scam you and acting it out for years!

What I saw - and I have been much in T - is that in my opinion the " warm and honest " are a facade ( un máscara ) as said in spanish. It's not for real and therefor after 100+ examples I have lost faith in that myth!
    But thanks for sharing !
    Have a nice day,
    Norway morning time :)

12. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

I respect your point of view and I share some of it.
    I will tell you my opinion about the Tunisian (Arab) Immigration elsewhere:
    - It's true the 60s/70s/80s immigration waves were mainly of hard worker people who added much to the European civilization.
    - In the 90s started the rats/criminals to Europe (not all of them of course). The social-economic failure and problems deepened in Northern African countries People who have no chance of success (uneducated, unemployed, criminal background) immigrated first. These people are a social failure and live like rats in ghettos, pay no taxes, refuse integration and abuse the system. The result: in Tunisia more educated people and less problems and crimes, in Europe more crimes and more problems.
    - In the 90s, they were joined by the extremists/Islamists who fled their countries from dictatorship prosecution and started a long process of radicalization of the majority of Muslim immigrants that of course ended up in the 9/11 and all the terrorists attacks and crimes in the west.
    - After the Arab spring, a lot of these rats specially the extremists are migrating back. The result Europe is finally breathing and Tunisia is getting into a new dark age (I hope not).

The picture is different in the USA. The Arab/Tunisian immigration is successful. Immigrants pay taxes and live in nice big houses with at least two or three cars per family. They are fully integrated. They have their own businesses or have good jobs. Why? because of a lot of reasons: the American life style, the equal opportunity, tolerance, jobs are everywhere, FBI is everywhere :) you name it. In America couples are very mixed and from all ethnicity. And the USA have better integration policies and rates than European countries. The USA control as well the quality of its immigration through programs like the Green Card.

Stopping immigration from the south is impossible. People throughout history moved from place to place and created new countries and civilizations. I think Europe should stop receiving the rats and should choose the kind of people to accept. A better educated and civilized immigration will result in a better chance of integration and success.
    The democratization of the south will result in more decent countries, less tyrant regimes and prosperity. More people will prefer to stay and stop inventing ways to immigrate to Europe. Rats will disappear and may be we will see European rats immigrating south. You never know. :) just kidding.

For the honesty: you can always put any title you want to a relationship failure. It's easy to make quick conclusions and put all the blame on somebody else. The honesty is really true at the beginning of any relationship but a union is not only love and sex. It's also comprehension and sharing of ideas, mentality and everyday details. Running away for a Tunisian partner is because of cultural barriers not honesty. If you cannot go over these barriers the relationship will fail.
    My wife is Tunisian simply because I know her since college and I stayed with her for 18 years so far and I'll do till my last breath (or till she fires me :) ) but I know a lot of Tunisians who are living with their western partner till the last breath too. You will never stop people from love and going over problems and cultural barriers to live together forever.
    Rats and Mascara are everywhere but love and good people are more and everywhere too. I will never give up on the human nature and the good in all of us.

Thank you for sharing too
    Norway and Scandinavia are one of my favorite place in the world. Nice countries, good people, beautiful nature.

Greetings from the sunny Florida,
    Now it's pass 1 in the morning Eastern time.

13. ExNorway

Thank You from sunny Florida you have very intheresthing perspectives, knowledge and understanding especially I like your points in number 2/3 it's very true what you say.
    - it's impossible to close any border and people will ofcourse look for better life opportunities evrywere it's human nature, but yes as you said we have imported the " wrong immigrants", not only from T the last years, but from evrywere. Much can be blamed on the " Dublin agreement" which makes it impossible realy to control the borders. As the illigal / deported once
    Will be sent back to the first European country that they have finger prints in. And that's usually France or Italy for the Tunisian once, so the way back up to Norway is short!
    - when speaking of the seccond wave 1990/2011
    It's spot on what you say! It's a big problem to have more and less uneducated, criminals, wondering freely around die to the Schengen Agreement ! The deportation is not easy, because the country that the immigrants come from don't want them back ( no we are speaking Nigeria / Irak / Vietnam ) and since most of them have no ID or have false ID the verification process ( I am speaking of the criminal not a acsept from asylum group), not the once acsepted and just refugees.
    In the Tunisian case the men, from this second wave; live criminal lives and are not at all interested in a decent life paying tax.
    - it's sad actually because they live terribel life's as illigal immigrants and some vere misinformed or had unrealistic ecspectations ( most !) to what a life in Europe means and what it cost!
    They live to getter as rats in small rooms trading their goods where ever it is Oslo, Roma or Paris.

Due to your personal experience I am glad to hear you live happily with your wife in the US ! But don't tell me there is not plenty of illigal immigrants in Florida I used to live in Miami / ft. Lauderdale and the once cutting the grass were certenly not legal - in this case ofcourse we speak of mostly Hispanic people. Choosing a person with the same cultural background is the conclusion I have reached ( see my thread being rat free positive things) - as I was using absolutely all my mental, intellectual and emotional energy to understand my x. And yes there are sides of Tunisian culture I appreciate, but I had to see my own limits ( what I choose to use my time and money on) and also realizing I was beeing used.

My x is deported and reported to Frontex the European border agency as he keeps coming back ! He is certenly a criminal, confused man and yes I made a mistake thinking I could build anything with him ( ofcourse I did not know that when getting married;), but that's life I learned and moved on and are totally free from him.

But I am still interested in Tunisian culture/ religion / history / language and warning women who unknowing go into this relations be it in Tunisia or Norway !

All the best,
    From sunny spring Norway !

14. ExNorway

Sorry for the spelling mistakes my third language - and yes we see a tendency of people immigrating back to old colonies, because some of the European countries ( not Norway ) are in such a crises - so there are Dutch and English people going to work in their " old colonies ".
    Ps. Norway never had colonies we were colonized by Denmark and Sweden :)

15. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

what is lottery green card?

16. ExNorway

It's a way to get legal permanent work and staying permission in the US.
    And yes, it's a lottery :)

Alien likes this.
  17. fainna

fainna Well-Known Member

oh, ok thankyou, exnorway.

ExNorway likes this.
  18. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi Cuddle,
    Yes, unfortunately I know these but I will never be able to comprehend. :Cry: You may think that I'm stupid because I can't comprehend, and I'm a romantic fool who beleive in miracles,:Cry: ...... or I don't know..... But I can only think with my European brain, and heart, and I'm not able to comprehend this......:Cry:

I know well that in Tunisia there are many very beautiful (physically) girls and as you say the men have no need to look for Europeans for marriage. But in Europe also there are many attractive and charming men, (also physically) and European girls also don't need to look for Tunisians for relationships or for marriage. What has happend with my friend has been a coincidence!!!!
    Although she liked Tunisians kindness and hospitality she never wanted any contact, especially any relationship with any Tunisians. She never thought that one time she would be a girlfriend of any Tunisian men. That was the man who couldn't accept the answer "no" from her, and always politely but pushed her to meet with him after he finished his job. That was the man who always made her napkin hearts and put to our table with petals, and always gave her flowers. That was the man who always turned up unexpectedly everywhere and begged her to meet with him for a coffee....

We have thought on that many times, why this rat have choosen exactly her, why not for example me, or other female friends of us, because we've been together in that hotel that time. She is not vulnerable at all, she is very storng-minded (or definite?? - sorry but i don't know what is the good word in English to this), she is in a very good position at her company, but it's "not written to her forehaed", I mean the rat didn't know where and what she worked before he started to court to her....
    Why her? What was the principle of his selection? Mainly if he didn't like her at all.... and if he followed to rach his objectives (visa and money) And why a girl from exactly our company? There was 1500 guests in that hotel at the same time, and there was many-many extremely beautiful and pretty young European women there. And of course there was middle aged and ederley women there too. She was not ugly, so he didn't look for an ugly girl. She was not vulnerable, so he didn't look for a vulnerable girl. She was not fat so he didn't look for a fat girl. She was not desperate, she was a smiling girl, so he didn't look for a desperate girl..... and so on..... But there were many young and pretty girls in the hotel like her from different countries. Many, who didn't seem to be desperate, and vulnerable and ugly...... She never looked into any Tunisian men's eyes, she always refused every attempt of them, she was fed up with the bullshit of "you have very beautiful eyes...." She refused this men too. Why didn't he take to his heels? Why didn't he tried with another girl? For example with me? Or other guests? Yes, she is beautiful, but not a beauty queen of course. There was many other guests from many other countries with whom he wold have tried when she said no. She seemed to be "easy"? I don't think so. And if yes, there were many other young girl in that hotel who I think seemed to be easy. And when he got know she was not easy, why he took many energy into her? Why not into another girl?...... What is hard to understand that he didn't like her at all.

Yes, I must try to understand the a rat will not be sidetracked from his end goal. But coincidences exist everywhere. My friend also didn't plan to meet with a Tunisian and fall in love with him. Mainly she didn't plan that she will be able to be in a long-distance relationship ever. Mainly with a Tunisian, who can't come here to visit her. Mainly because this man was an uneducated waiter, and she is educated, and her ex-boyfriends has always been educated men. She always told us that only an educated man could impress her. And we can see the counterexample.... Exceptions are always exist. And never say never..... Her heart has overcome to her brain......
    That's why I will never be able to comprehend that how is that possible that these men can never be sidetracked from their end goal. They never have unexpected feelings for their victims??? They never feel unexpected love? :(

19. simple

simple Well-Known Member

There is a saying that "Women fall in love with what they hear and men fall in love with what they see"....A rat dosnt have to be attractive to make a woman love him and they know this ,,he just has to say the right things ....If you can find one attractive rat in the gallery ,id be shocked !

20. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

My friend's rat was an attractive man, unfortunately we (she and I) have to confess that!:confused::( But thanks, you are right, add to this he said the right things to her.....:(

Judithlyn, Caramel and Nali like this.
  21. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

@ExNorway I appreciate we agree on a lot of points.
    In America the rats are the black people. They live in ghettos, refuse integration, don't pay taxes and abuse the system. They live for drugs and sex. In the same single mom family you find 7 kids with 7 different dads. All the black male are in/out of jail and the women are prostitutes. They're always complaining about the slavery 200 years ago and refusing evolution. This is the general picture although there's always some exceptions. The only difference between the blacks in US and the Arabs in Europe, is Arabs don't exchange and don't share women.
    The Mexicans/Spanish are very hard workers. The long border between the US and Mexico makes hard any attempt to control it. They live in ghettos because they have no choice without a legal residence. Once they are legal, they are fully integrated and honest people.
    All the other minorities in the US, specially the Indians (from India) are fully integrated and in a good situation.

@ExNorway I agree building a relationship with somebody from the similar background/age has more chance of success. You can't make a reasonable idea about some people from a failed relationship with a rat. In any country/civilization/people there's some stuff you like and other you dislike. When I moved to America, I can eat only Tunisian (and yes cooked only by my wife :) ), but after years of transformation, I now accept gladly to eat everything American, Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Jamaican and even not Halal. I have friends from all over the world, I consider them as brothers and sisters and I enjoy exploring new civilizations/cultures. We think we know the world, but every time I discover I know nothing.

If you meet the right guy Tunisian or other and you don't go together over the cultural barrier, things will never work out. I'm guessing as a Norwegian you are more open mind and more flexible to accept differences. A Tunisian needs more time to adept to any change: from a civilization to another, from a man mentality to a sharing mentality and from mama's food to do it yourself :) People can't go over differences and cultural barriers if they don't have a minimum education and civilization. Rats have none.

Jisela, Judithlyn, Masha and 3 others like this.
  22. simple

simple Well-Known Member

The fact is the rats we are talking about ,come from all walks of life im afraid ,the majority i agree are uneducated ,,But all are opportunists ,,,,I lived in Tunisia for 7 years and shopping was a night mare for me ,,,shop owners would always add an extra dinar or two ,because i was classed as a tourist ,,,i speak Tunisian arabic and was constantly arguing with them ,,taxi drivers the same .My neighbour would pay 500 mileems for a kilo of potatoes and would have to pay 1 dinar 500 ,,,,,This illusion they have that tourists are all rich ,is the main reason rats exist .They ask for incredible amounts of money ,,,"send me 3000 dinar because my mother is sick " That equates to £1500 in pound sterling ,,,,For that amount of money he can start to build his own home ,or even pay towards a new car .....And unfortunatly they cannot adapt to western life ,they cannot comprehend that some women get themselves in debt ,because they were made to believe that life is so hard and their loved one will be hungry or on the streets if she dosnt send money .

23. WallaTn

WallaTn Active Member

@Alien Tunisian men are used to rejection. A Tunisian girl usually don't give up easy and as a man you have to work hard to get her. So rejection is not a problem specially for a rat. They know they have to work hard and they know what it takes.
    I'm sure he did attempt the same thing with plenty of girls. You and your friend are beautiful, educated and have good positions and life, but not in his notebook. I'm sure, as an attractive waiter in a decent hotel, he collected a long list of beautiful women throughout the time. And your friend was simply another victim of a scammer. Physical harm would disappear by time but emotional harm will stay forever.
    I'm really sorry for your friend. This guy is a looser/criminal and doesn't deserve a clean life. Hopefully she won't give up on men and continue her life. There's a lot of good people out there.

AmberHeart, Judithlyn, Masha and 8 others like this.
  24. Rachel 9

Rachel 9 Member

Excuse me! You are racist ????

Alhejand, gothgirl, Sunraye10 and 4 others like this.
  25. Laurence

I noticed several times that muslims are very very racist, black people are considered second class citizens. Please don't export that rotten mentality to the USA WallaTn!!!!

One of my children has an afro-american BF from Detroit and I have to say he is the most wonderful, hard working, polite and well raised young man I've ever seen!!!!