Mohamed Jmail Abdellatif aka Hama a'b

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by Fiercely Fi, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Where have you been :eek:

A state of emergency is in effect in Tunisia, imposed after a suicide attack on a police bus on 24 November 2015. It’s been extended a number of times, most recently on 5 October 2018 by one month.

2. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

I didn’t knew about this last one, was on the belief it was over on 2017 and tourists were going back to Tunisia.

3. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Obviously we are not used to our police having guns but to be honest i would rather see police with guns there

Yep mango they were shocking. Give due where due is if wasnt for hotel workers etc i honestly think it could of been so much worse

Mango Chutney and AmberHeart like this.
  4. AmberHeart

Tho my tickets were for August 2018

5. Going for the limit

Still now state of emergency. The army still on.the streets as well as police

Heidi and AmberHeart like this.
  6. AmberHeart

How do locals react towards it? Like a common thing not to be worried about or they try to stay at home more time?

7. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

Me too. I’ve seen guards with guns at the perimeter fence of hotel in Brasilia, but it’s the same hotel where the political diplomats and guests stay. And I’ve seen similar guards in other countries I’ve stayed at. But the guards NEVER talk to the guests. They stay at the perimeter and I’ve never seen them in the hotel areas at all. And all the guards I’ve seen have gear on. Pants, vests, etc. They look like they mean business.
    This tourist police guy looks like he’d be killed before he’d pull the trigger, so ammo would be a wasted expense. He’s only a threat to people who wouldn’t do anything bad in the first place.
    Just my opinion.

magic, Fiercely Fi and AmberHeart like this.
  8. Going for the limit

No they are not worried, sadly this has gone on for years and years on and off. I think 2015 there was a curfew in place too, that was so strange for me it was unreal

AmberHeart likes this.
  9. Brasilgirl

One month? What is going to change in just one month? Seems silly to just keep extending. Maybe start coming down on the crime in the country? Make it less comfortable for those terrorist types.
    Oops, that would mean less bribes. My daughter needs a new hymen - need money - take bribe.

magic, Fiercely Fi and AmberHeart like this.
  10. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

The last time I was there tanks army and police in the city. They are targeting the military and police not so much the tourist but I would be so guarded out there from rats and terrorists..

11. AmberHeart

Exactly, armed officers have a limit and not all around a tourist area. Had no idea this was the common condition in Tunisia. Normally tourist police have vests and are to provide info not really to combat crime or defend. They are private guards or as you said at diplomats stays.

12. Brasilgirl

Wow!
    That’s crazy. Why do people go there then? Military can’t protect the tourists from terrorists. Terrorists can be anyone, even tourists.

Fiercely Fi, AmberHeart and Mystery like this.
  13. AmberHeart

Yes! Tanks imagine that, what vacation among tanks

14. Going for the limit

The only time my hubby was scared was he was going to the shop and tanks started rolling into the street, they all had to lay flat on the ground as the army was shooting at people. I would of been terrified

15. Mystery

July

Attached Files:

Liona, Heidi and AmberHeart like this.
  16. AmberHeart

Oh boy! The rat was constantly saying don’t look up too much on internet, don’t overthink, don’t worry too much, news exaggerate things...blah blah I assumed it was only to not find out about all his lies and fake accounts but it sure was about this situation that for sure would have stopped me. Would be freaked out.

17. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

I do put all these updates on....they are on the 'News and current affairs' thread...there is also stuff on the 'Tui' thread that got shut down.
    I agree, Amberheart.....it's frightening laying on a beach and seeing men standing around you with guns...not what you expect to see on holiday. Protection or not....it's not a nice sight.
    Police and military presence is everywhere.....and I found it unnerving, not reassuring.
    I was there for the curfew....it was damn weird....so silent...

Liona, Fiercely Fi, Heidi and 3 others like this.
  18. Brasilgirl

And Saif told me that Brasil was not safe! We don’t have any of that! Where I live is safe. People walk the streets freely. And the beach is the same.
    Some areas are rough, yes, but not anywhere I would live.

19. Going for the limit

It was so strange i had never experianced anything like it in my life. Running around before 8 to make sure we had everything we needed. So quiet it was strange so strange

20. Mystery

Me and rat left the hotel to go buy some snacks from the shop.
    When we wanted to go back into the hotel security wouldn't allow him inside.
    I had to go get someone from reception to confirm he was staying there...

21. AmberHeart

Like a stay in call?

Mystery likes this.
  22. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Yeah, us too :D
    It was boring as hell there anyway, and as you all know....I was kept in the house anyway by that point....but it was still completely bizarre.
    That Boxing Day (with the curfew still in place), was when rat assaulted me and smashed my phone to pieces....I hid in the orange tree in the dark and cold....him and Raghed went outside the gate to look for me...during curfew! :eek:
    When I eventually showed my face, his anger and concern was for himself.....coz he'd gone outside the gate during curfew and could have been caught....bugger me and my fear, hiding in a tree on a cold, dark December night :D
    If Raghed hadn't gone out the gate too...I'd have stayed hidden for longer....let my bastard rat face the law :thumbsup:
    It was bizarre in a little village, so I can't imagine how strange it must have been in a tourist zone :D

23. Fiercely Fi

Fiercely Fi Well-Known Member

This is what they say in the tour operator guides and on the BBC website. Tunisia wss apparently safe from terrorists since 2017 but obviously not from the tourist police it seems.....

Mystery and AmberHeart like this.
  24. Fiercely Fi

Fiercely Fi Well-Known Member

:D:D:cool::p this made me LOL. Your right though. He probably doesnt even know how to use the gun. He only knows how to use women.

magic, Mystery and AmberHeart like this.
  25. AmberHeart

What an horror Mango... no way to feel safe from him nor away from him. Xx

Mystery, Mango Chutney and Brasilgirl like this.