Welcome to TLR

My gut and heart say YES.. my brain says I'm crazy!

A

Alien

I used to Love Antonio Banderas ,if he skyped me ,id marry him !!!

I know a rat who thinks he is Antonio' wraith! ;) Shall I tell him to Skype to you because you would marry him? ;):D (If it's possible to fall in love by a picture....);) Never mind that he is a redneck in the real life and he can sex for money with anyone without selection next to his actual girlfriends, but on the pictures he is almost similar. ;) ;) xxx

A

Alien

I know a rat who thinks he is Antonio' wraith! ;) Shall I tell him to Skype to you because you would marry him? ;):D (If it's possible to fall in love by a picture....);) Never mind that he is a redneck in the real life and he can sex for money with anyone without selection next to his actual girlfriends, but on the pictures he is almost similar. ;) ;) xxx

I hope you know this is only a humour by my side..... :) xxx

simple

Major Ratslayer

Alien if you mean that male bitch in the gallery !He is nothing like Antonio !!! Please tell him to look in the mirror ,he looks like cross between one of the 7 dwarfs and a tramp who sits on the kerb ,with a bottle of white lightening !!Yuckkkkkkkkkkk

A

Alien

Alien if you mean that male bitch in the gallery !He is nothing like Antonio !!! Please tell him to look in the mirror ,he looks like cross between one of the 7 dwarfs and a tramp who sits on the kerb ,with a bottle of white lightening !!Yuckkkkkkkkkkk

Yes, I thought to him! ;) You're right, he is a tramp from the 7 dwarfs! :mad: I have no contact to him, but I can find the way easyly to tell him to look in to the mirror at last! :)

A

Annie get your gun

Hi ,
I' m sorry but i just can't get what you are searching for on this site : do you eventually have last minute doubts ? did you expect to find his name somewhere here in the data base ? i'm very curious about what you expected coming here with your mind so willing to believe everything he said and ready to marry a total stranger met on line after four months .
This is a joke to think you will be able to have some truth about him in two weeks in Tunisia; you have no idea where you are setting foot dear ...best story tellers in the wolrd , the opacity , the collusion , the corruption , the language barrier ,will not allow you to have a right picture in such a short time and i garantee you that you will be treated like a queen until you're married and the visa issued...there's no way you can have an idea about his true financial situation and you acknowledge you didn't check this point : but anyway how could you ?

I disapprove of your behaviour , you are showing total inconsistency to me , this story , i mean the way you put it is too good to be true , you see what i mean ?this guy is smart , he set up everything and gave you all the right , culturally expected and acceptable answers to convince you as some others said before .He's not a young guy but a determined guy with a clear goal . He didn't hide it to you which is just a part of his strategy according to me along with all the well organised scenario around the wedding and sending money to you through his mates , he 's buying your trust dear ...what is 700 dollars ? a ridiculous amount of money i'm sorry ...
I feel there's nothing to put you away from your plan to marry him , and that's a pity , i'm just relieved you didn't mention any kids of yours and i hope you won't have any with this one either before long ...
To be honest , i know i'm a bit harsh on this one but what you are telling about ,i don't call it a wedding but an arrangement , a deal ,an adult deal at the best if it's not a scam ;you 're not a teenager anymore , you can't believe the guy loves a foreign woman met on a dating site after four months, can you ? ( can't believe he asked you to hide this !!! big alarm bell again!). You're searching for adventure , you enjoy uneasy situations , but truth is you are helping someone to migrate and get the green card again in the end , i 'm sure deep down inside you know it .

I felt like telling it straight away , hope you understand that our concern about women on this site sometimes drives us to be blunt .
Take care
Or

Wow, some people are not happy unless they find a reason to rain on someone else's. I am from America, and I believe that once a Tunisian is exposed to the opportunity here for the common uneducated person, they will never want to depart. So that would explain the overall disinterest in Tunisian women.

As for falling in love online... Much is possible with the advances in communication technology. I hope for your sake that there are mutual feelings of affection that will only grow deeper as you embark on your journey together. But to be realistic, I want to tell you what else may be happening. Perhaps it is true love, or perhaps his true love is Tunisian and she wants to go to America and they could never because of difficulty of getting Visa, so perhaps you are a means to an end. A contract marriage perfectly orchestrated to prevent any shadow of suspect.

The Muslim man is not complete until he has fathered children. Have you two talked about having children? Has he indicated he can't wait to start a family with you or has he told you that he has no desire to have children at this stage in life?

If he has somehow made inference that children are out of the question, then you can almost BET he is using you for contract marriage and the papers, so that in little over two years he can marry his TRUE love, have the family he wants with her and live anywhere they please.

C

Caramel

It doesn't matter what advice is given because this woman will never listen. She will have to feel the pain first and then it will be too late. Sorry to be blunt but this is a disaster waiting to happen and only needs confirmation from her.

ExNorway

Major Ratslayer
It doesn't matter what advice is given because this woman will never listen. She will have to feel the pain first and then it will be too late. Sorry to be blunt but this is a disaster waiting to happen and only needs confirmation from her.
Yes I agree caramel unfortunately it is so, it's at a road she did not walk yet, and then she are to deeply in to turn before it's to late.

C

Caramel

ExNorway, I really wish there was a site such as TLR before I got myself into this mess in 2000. I think members on here should waste no more time in advising this woman as she is going to marrying this guy, despite her gut telling her its wrong. Otherwise, why seek confirmation from TLR members? Prepare for the fallout but I guess we will never know.

T

Tunisianbelle1536

Or

Wow, some people are not happy unless they find a reason to rain on someone else's. I am from America, and I believe that once a Tunisian is exposed to the opportunity here for the common uneducated person, they will never want to depart. So that would explain the overall disinterest in Tunisian women.

As for falling in love online... Much is possible with the advances in communication technology. I hope for your sake that there are mutual feelings of affection that will only grow deeper as you embark on your journey together. But to be realistic, I want to tell you what else may be happening. Perhaps it is true love, or perhaps his true love is Tunisian and she wants to go to America and they could never because of difficulty of getting Visa, so perhaps you are a means to an end. A contract marriage perfectly orchestrated to prevent any shadow of suspect.

The Muslim man is not complete until he has fathered children. Have you two talked about having children? Has he indicated he can't wait to start a family with you or has he told you that he has no desire to have children at this stage in life?

If he has somehow made inference that children are out of the question, then you can almost BET he is using you for contract marriage and the papers, so that in little over two years he can marry his TRUE love, have the family he wants with her and live anywhere they please.

this makes sense to me...

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
Hello all. As promised, I'm just stopping by to give an update. Everything went wonderfully with the integration of our two families, the wedding, honeymoon and now daily life here in Tunis- with the exception of a severe allergic reaction to the Harkus which didn't start until a few days into our honeymoon when we were in Djerba.. OUCH... other than that.. I'm loving my husband and Tunisia. It has been two months and he is still the same man I have known. No drinking, no smoking, no cafe, no secret phone calls or second phone, etc... Everything about his and his family's daily life is exactly as he described. He is adamant I learn Tunisian Arabic in case we decide to make our business here instead of immigrating to the US so he enrolled me in an intensive Arabic program for the summer which I'm super excited to start.

I recognize that many of you will say that he's in it for the long con and that he "will change" after he gets his greencard... You are entitled to your views. I'm just here to provide the update I promised to the board. I'll check in from time to time.

Amber

oo la la ;)
Cydney,

You've been warned and you're an adult, aware and informed , so you will not be surprised if or when things go wrong in time . Do check the site as you say ...and read more stories here about women who've lost thousands investing in Tunisia .

We all know what the honeymoon phase is so please keep some kind of guard up as a self protection and do not invest money in Tunisia for god sake...

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
ExNorway, I really wish there was a site such as TLR before I got myself into this mess in 2000. I think members on here should waste no more time in advising this woman as she is going to marrying this guy, despite her gut telling her its wrong. Otherwise, why seek confirmation from TLR members? Prepare for the fallout but I guess we will never know.

You are incorrect.....My "gut" never NEVER told me I was wrong about this marriage. As I clearly stated my only concerns were strictly based on the advice and counsel of others. I had some friends who were concerned and I had a few questions about if his actions regarding our housing agreement pre-wedding matched with Tunisian culture so I came here to have my questions answered..... And I came back to provide an update as I had promised to do.

C

Caramel

Cydney, apologies - it was your brain that said you were crazy. I am speaking from experience as one whose Tunisian husband put on the façade of being in a loving relationship, preparing for our future in Tunisia. Six years later, while still living with me in the UK, he left for a holiday and married 11 days later.

When I travelled to Tunisia I found out he had divorced me 5 months earlier. His intention was to keep quiet, continue to live with me for a while and claim half of what I had in the UK. I really hope things work out for you but the experience is these marriages very rarely work. Times are hard in Tunisia and poor men and women are looking for a way out.

Rather than take perilous journeys by boat, they take the marriage route and wait around for a suitable time before they make their move. They are extremely good actors, and like my ex in-laws, they go along with the scam. You are the ticket to their son's future and him getting riches and coming back to marry a Tunisia virgin bride. Tunisian women are very materialistic and don't marry for love - just want their husbands to be providers. I really know what I am talking about. Have a relationship by all means but don't marry them because whats yours is his and whats his is his. Sorry but that is the reality.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
You are incorrect.....My "gut" never NEVER told me I was wrong about this marriage. As I clearly stated my only concerns were strictly based on the advice and counsel of others. I had some friends who were concerned and I had a few questions about if his actions regarding our housing agreement pre-wedding matched with Tunisian culture so I came here to have my questions answered..... And I came back to provide an update as I had promised to do.

Hi Cydney, please do not be put off coming back and updating us - the ladies on here only come across as harsh because they care......all of us hope that this is one of the VERY rare genuine marriages and would love nothing more than to be proved wrong however the odds are stacked heavily against it.

You are a grown woman, can make your own decisions and ultimately will be the one to suffer if/when it fails. Please do however take all precautions to protect your assets!!

Take care and enjoy your marriage - please do keep coming back.

:)

ExNorway

Major Ratslayer
Sorry Cydney its was Your brain telling You That You were crazy, sorry for cunfusing that with your gut feeling.
Reading my post again I did spot another error it was about 2010 /2009
I met my husband I was both crazy and stupid, and what my gut told me was totally wrong!
Adding my heart was also lying to me !
Wish the outcome will be different for you, I truly do, but now that my brain works again I must say I am afraid not.

W

WallaTn

I live in Tampa Florida. I immigrated legally to the USA from Tunisia 10 years ago with my wife and son. We are American now and we enjoy life and freedom in the USA.
A lot of my follow Tunisians around the place where I live came here in the 90s and have a white christian American partner and they live peacefully.

Dating somebody online comes with its own risks. It's not about Tunisians or anybody else. It's about getting into a relationship without the usual physical attraction. Things can be good or bad even with a christian American.
You married a Jordanian/Arabic man so you know Arabic man/women, with a good faith, are very protective of their partner and kids and they will never let down their family. It's why, in America may be not in Europe, theses relationships last long. Americans are always afraid from marriage and get separate after the first serious life bomp.

I think this guy was honest with you. You are not a financial target. He spend the money to be with you. He was honest and didn't lie to you. I think you should take your chance and rebuild your life. And like any relationship, you have to make efforts to make it succeed and last. If he introduce you to his family, he's not a love rat.

I hope you happiness and may God protects you.

Laurence

Major Ratslayer
WallaTN, loverats ALWAYS insist on presenting their victim(s) to their family, who receive the women one after another sometimes and are in to the scam...
Glad you appreciate life and freedom in the USA! So you all got out of Tunisia, what a lucky family! Was it easier in the 90s to leave the country and get into the USA than nowadays maybe?

W

WallaTn

@Laurence I moved to America in 2005. Yes we are a lucky family. I appreciate every moment in this wonderful country. I came to America by choice and after having a successful career in Tunisia and I choose for myself and my family to be American and completed a very tuff transformation. I'm happy for my kids because they're gonna have a better future and more opportunities than me. I'm teaching them to appreciate the country they live in and respect the country they come from. I want them to be fully integrated American and not walking around hotels like love rats :) Just kidding.
Hospitality is a tradition in Tunisia. People will always try to give you more they can afford and try to please you. I had a lot of European Family to Family friends, when I was in Tunisia. I offered them my hospitality and God only knows if I can afford it and I never asked for a pay back. By the way, if somebody ask for a pay back, he/she's a rat. Simply because in everyday Tunisian/orient mentality we never let a woman/guest pay for anything, never say we are in need and never ask for a pay back.

simple

Major Ratslayer
@Laurence I moved to America in 2005. Yes we are a lucky family. I appreciate every moment in this wonderful country. I came to America by choice and after having a successful career in Tunisia and I choose for myself and my family to be American and completed a very tuff transformation. I'm happy for my kids because they're gonna have a better future and more opportunities than me. I'm teaching them to appreciate the country they live in and respect the country they come from. I want them to be fully integrated American and not walking around hotels like love rats :) Just kidding.
Hospitality is a tradition in Tunisia. People will always try to give you more they can afford and try to please you. I had a lot of European Family to Family friends, when I was in Tunisia. I offered them my hospitality and God only knows if I can afford it and I never asked for a pay back. By the way, if somebody ask for a pay back, he/she's a rat. Simply because in everyday Tunisian/orient mentality we never let a woman/guest pay for anything, never say we are in need and never ask for a pay back.

WallaTN ,,,A good Tunisian would be to proud to say ,they dont have enough to eat to their guests ,,,,Rat families play on sympathy and pull out the "Im so poor card"....Also they would not allow their sons gf to sleep in their house ,espically if they have an unmarried daughter living there also ....Thats why its a sign of rattery if a family allow this .No matter how modern they seem to be, as you know tradition and culture and religion are everything to them ..

W

WallaTn

I absolutely agree with you @Simple A lot of rat families out there but a lot more of good families too.
When I was a teenager in Tunisia, I always take my girlfriends home, of course not to sleep over but still. I think now the Tunisian society is going backwards with the return of extremists back from all over Europe, after the revolution. Good for you Bad for us.
In Tunisian tradition, people don't allow a guest to go to a hotel if they reside in the same city. The Tunisian Family knows that European girls could sleep over in their boyfriend's home and they tolerate it. They can't sleep in the same room by respect even if the family knows they are having sex.
Tunisian fiancee sometimes sleep in their future partner home but in separate rooms. They always have some private time but we all try to close the eyes and act like nothing happened. It's complex like all Arab personalities but it's true. We do more than we say. We lie to ourselves but it's what it is. :)

W

wtfjusthappened

Americans are always afraid from marriage and get separate after the first serious life bomb.

Not all of us. There are quite a few of us that survived quite a few bombs and kept on going ;) We are all the same essentially, we all have the same types of people in every country just some more than others.