need a divorce

Discussion in 'Rat on a Rat' started by BeautifulBeginnings, Aug 5, 2018.

1. BeautifulBeginnings

BeautifulBeginnings Active Member

hello everyone

I don't want to post my story yet but I would very much like advice on divorce or what I can do to stop my rat husband returning back to my country that is within Europe.

married in Tunisia I need him out of my life completely and do not want him back on a spouse visa

Judithlyn and Mango Chutney like this.
  2. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

Welcome to TLR!

Judithlyn and Brasilgirl like this.
  3. BeautifulBeginnings

thank you I have been a member for some time unfortunately only now I'm free of him and safe to get the ball rolling on getting my life back

Judithlyn and juicyfruit like this.
  4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. You don’t have to tell your story or name him until or unless you want to. Well done for finding us.

Did he enter your country on a spouse visa? Is he still living in your country or in Tunisia?

Your marriage is probably registered in your own country. If you want to divorce him then seek legal advise. Depending on how long you have been married he may be entitled to part of your assets. Does he want to divorce you?

If he does you can do nothing, let him divorce you in Tunisia. He is unlikely to qualify for anything if he divorces you there.

If he has returned to Tunisia ( permanently of on holiday) you can contact immigration and tell them the marriage has ended and you no longer sponsor him.

It all depends on how long he has been in your country, if he has leave to remain or has acquired citizenship. If you have children he can apply to stay so he can maintain a relationship with his child.

Lots of variables. If there is a history of violence, or he has a criminal record etc

We need to know a bit more. There are threads on here about divorce. Go to the top right of the site there are three small dots .... type divorce and anythread with that reference willl come up.

5. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

I remember now, I don’t think he had left Tunisia when you posted before. So it should be easier to get rid of him.

Judithlyn and juicyfruit like this.
  6. BeautifulBeginnings

thank you

Amira and juicyfruit like this.
  7. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Hey, BB....glad to see you are finally getting the ball rolling with permanently removing this piece of trash from your life. I'm useless with divorce stuff, but as you know....I can support with other stuff. Keep in touch and take good care of you :love:

8. BeautifulBeginnings

much love mango x

9. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Are you if the UK?. If so conact UK Marriage Fraud (link below) they will be able to advise you about his visa and how/where you need to divorce him, if you can report him to stop him extending his visa or from getting another one etc.
    Like the others said, there are many variables so much more information is needed.
    If it is possible to divorce him in Tunisia rather than in your own country it will be consiserably cheaper (and probably easier) so dont rush off to see a solicitor and pay expensive fees untill you have more information.
    Big hugs
    https://www.immigrationmarriagefrauduk.co.uk/#

10. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

11. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

If you are in the uk call the home office, revoke your sponsership and curtail his visa, he wont get back in after u have done that

12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth