need your advice guys

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by scrapped, Feb 7, 2012.

1. scrapped

scrapped Member

Hi guys! I'm new in this site, by the way I am gay and I recently met a very sweet tunisian guy online. Then I came across this website while I was planning for my trip to meet him. I noticed most of the victims of these so called rats are women, have you heard any horror stories about gay guys being victimized by these tunisian rats? any info would be very much appreciated.

AmberHeart, Chinagirl and sparkle like this.
  2. Puppet1

Puppet1 AKA Supi

Welcome scrapped! You have come to the right place for advice - these girls and boys know all there is to know!

3. scrapped

scrapped Member

thanks Puppet1. I hope he is not a rat though, but he said his ex was an american and they may have broken up because the friends of his ex where telling his ex bad things about him. now im confused if i should risk going there or not. :(

AmberHeart likes this.
  4. Puppet1

Puppet1 AKA Supi

Have a read through the threads on rat behaviour as see if anything resonates with you. Rats are not sexual orientation specific I am afraid

AmberHeart and marilyna like this.
  5. policewoman

policewoman Active Member

The thing is scrapped he may have a girlfriend as well,as most of these men are bisexual ,so some of the girls on here have found out to their horror .

6. NetNiet

NetNiet EVIL member :D

Hi scrapped, welcome here.
    I think you know that homosexuality is here not accepted, but offcourse it's happening but they hide it.
    There is also sex toerisme from elder European men for young Tunisian men.
    Some of the Tunisian men who are looking for more than love, so they want money or a visa, don't have problems if it's a woman or a man.

I know from some Tunisian men that they are gay or that they had relationships with men besides women, but the male partner is allways European and not Tunisian.
    But offcourse because of the hiding, you don't hear very much.

But it's difficult to say offcourse if he's good or not, if you like a holiday to Tunisia, come to here and spend time and get to know him.
    But be aware like you do normally.

How did you want to plan your trip, are you staying in a hotel?

7. NetNiet

What kind of things where the friends of his ex American boyfriend telling?

Does your friend work? What kind of work is he doing? Where does he live?

AmberHeart likes this.
  8. policewoman

Rubbish Niet you are saying that no tunisian men has bum fun with another tunisian I do not believe that for one minute , of course they do and I bet there are plenty of tunisian lesbians too ,no one is sacred .

AmberHeart likes this.
  9. NetNiet

Well that is not what I did say, but maybe I didn't write it very clear.
    I did say this:
    What I tried to say was, that from conversations I personally did have with Tunisian men and European men about their gay relation here in Tunisia, is that it's allways a mix from Tunisian and European.
    Also when asked about the ex-boyfriends from the Tunisian, the answer is allways that they were alos European.
    And the reason why you maybe don't hear about about Tunisian gay relationships is because they have to hide it here in Tunisia.

Hope I explained it now better?

10. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Hi scrapped
    Welcome to TLR
    I guess the advice is the same whether you are gay or straight - go, have fun, keep your head on, your eyes open and always use a condom.
    He might be a rat he might not, just keep thinking that way.
    Read all the threads here and do your research.
    BG xx

AmberHeart, tigerlil, NetNiet and 2 others like this.
  11. policewoman

As you rightly say Niet they are not going to admit their homosexuality in Tunisia with another tunisian man :)

AmberHeart and NetNiet like this.
  12. sparkle

sparkle Classy Bird

Hi scrapped welcome, It doesn't matter to the 'rat' what gender you are I'm afraid the same rules apply. Check out rat behaviour on our threads and see if any alarm bells start ringing.

13. tigerlil

tigerlil Moderator Staff Member

Hi Scrapped...where are you from?? Has the guy showed any interest in visiting your country??

sparkle and tunisiasun like this.
  14. scrapped

scrapped Member

thanks for all the advice guys.

@policewoman: thanks for the advice.

@netniet: i was planning to stay in a hotel and get 2 rooms coz he said tunisian men won't be allowed in a same room with a foreigner. and i don't know anything about his ex as well. for my guy though, he is still a student, 22 years old and is taking up engineering. Weird though, he was suggesting for us to stay in the hotel in tunis where he and his ex stayed before, but i shrugged it off and he got mad.

@browngirl: thanks, i will, definitely.

@sparkle: i did read some of the stuff there but some are pretty generic and could just be innate characteristics of any guy. some applies to him, others don't. but thanks again.

@tigerlil: well, im 26 years old and i am living in qatar as an expat. so definitely, i won't be able to give him a visa here. and i doubt that he would want to get a visa from my home country. He did say that he would love to visit me here, but that i have to visit him first. I was also very vocal about not having money, coz i really don't. lol I am just gonna save for that trip for him.

anyhow, wev've been chatting for like a week now and im beginning to fall for him, at first I was just flirting with him just wanted to make love with him and maybe move on to another guy, but he is so irresistable and so good with words that he can melt any woman's heart, even that of a gay guy like myself. I really hope he is not a rat, lest I will be hurt and end up cruising for other rats there. lol

tunisiasun likes this.
  15. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Hi Scrapped, internet meeting...always does make a bell ring to me...they're chasing men and women alike on internet!
    Of course you will be paying for his hotel room, food and everything I guess.
    I would be very careful if I was standing in your shoes.

16. Ariel

Ariel Under the Sea

Hi Scrapped, the odds of him not being a rat are very slim - go into it with this in mind and you won't go far wrong. You could also do a little digging around to see if he is registered on other sites, I presume you have already searched for his name on here? Good luck! :)

twitter, marilyna, sparkle and 4 others like this.
  17. kati3366

kati3366 Well-Known Member

Hi Scrapped, you asked if there are gay loverats too. I wrote with a gay man who made this experience.
    He met a tunisian man, fell in love with him and lost a lot of money.
    They had to do everything very secret in tunisia because it's not accepted in religion and society.
    At last he lost a lot of money and the tunisian guy married a young tunisian woman.
    Take care of yourself. Even if he is honest he will never live in a official relationship with you.
    Quite equal in wich country.

AmberHeart, marilyna, lozza and 4 others like this.
  18. NetNiet

Hi Scrapped,

Do I understand it well that you're chatting with him for only week now at the internet?

Why do you doubt he wants a visa or your home country?

It is against the law for unmarried couples to stay together in a hotel. But because gay is here not accepted I'm wondering if 2 men are not allowed in 1 room in a hotel. You could have been 2 friends aswell and share a room to split the costs?

sparkle and tunisiasun like this.
  19. Bella

Bella Google Queen

I smell a rat with this thread if im honest.... chatting a week and falling for him... hmmmmm

20. DragonZest

DragonZest TLR tester

Hi Scrapped

I know a gay man who has been a victim of a rat in Tunisia.

Long story short - I knew the Tunisian man (K) from before and had never met the UK man (J). Was asked to go for coffee with them as it was J's first time being in Tunisia and K thought he might feel better having someone from his home country to talk to for a while. When K went off to the toilet etc J told me how he had sent K over £3000 in 18 months to pay for meds for K's mum and to pay K out of the army etc, sent over gifts such as aftershave etc as well. All of it was complete lies of course and K actually admitted this to me after I got home, he had sent a message to me asking if I would speak to him as he wanted to explain some things. He told me he had been in a bad way when he asked J for money and would never do it again ( :rolleyes: ), he told me he just pretended to European men that he was gay in hope of them sending him money but J was the first man to ever actually go over and meet him. J paid for everything for him, K and K's friend when he was there - from louages, taxi's to food and beer.

I've kept in contact with J and since found out that since the week after he came home, he's been getting requests for money. I have no idea if he's sent any or not but I do know that he has booked another holiday to go see K again.......

Also since then I found out K is in trouble with the courts as an Irish man has a case against him for pretty much the same reason except include blackmail and the Irish man's wife into the mixture....

So yeh, it happens to both straight woman and also gay men, no one is safe from the rats!!

AmberHeart, mila, tigerlil and 4 others like this.
  21. scrapped

scrapped Member

yes i have dear. Thanks!

22. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

Don't tell me it was by any chance H.B. ? Because if so, thank god you escaped from him!!!!!

23. scrapped

scrapped Member

-yup, I have been chatting with him for more than a week now. and he is very sweet, that anyone would really fall for him.
    -I doubt he wants a visa for my country, because if I would have earned more in my country, I wouldn't be here in qatar now as an expat. so, I would pressume rats are more after people from 1st world countries where the grass is always greener. ;)
    -sorry, im not understanding what you mean. can you clarify the hotel thing, is it allowed or not? thanks Netniet! :D

24. scrapped

scrapped Member

lol i know! don't judge me just yet, my partner for 3 years just left me and here comes the knight in shining armor from tunisia, so I am too vulnerable to resist his charm and sweetness. lol

25. Bella

Bella Google Queen

You said it yourself you are vulnerable - and you are already on here asking if he's a rat - my advice = delete and block !