Nobel peace price to Tunisia

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by ExNorway, Oct 9, 2015.

1. ExNorway

ExNorway Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    Stina, Belladonna and FoolInLove like this.
  2. ExNorway

Well I am not going to mix this event with my personal history, but I fear the Norwegian masses will highlight the ( good) "difference" of Tunisia...

And on an individual level this will makes the rat that knows (..., mine ex) so full of himself that the argument " I am different is valid".

I feel that actually the whole comity making this decision have been as blind as we were.., sorry to say so, but Nobel peace price to the land with the best actors ?

Rilana, Fern, Tiger and 2 others like this.
  3. surf

surf Well-Known Member

Peace prize? Crikey what a joke . They have more men training with Isis than any other country x

4. ExNorway

I don't know the numbers there @surf, but this is a prestige prize with a lot of money and " fame" ( front headliners news today).

Most people thougth it would go to the pope, but anyhow I can't stand my news full of positive stuff of Tunisia ( yes, I am mixing my personal history ). And I know my rat is smiling, Nobel peace price my ass..

Dette er fredsprisvinnerne: Den tunisiske kvartetten for nasjonal dialog - Aftenposten
    http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/u...e-kvartetten-for-nasjonal-dialog-8196444.html

surf, Rilana, Fern and 2 others like this.
  5. Belladonna

Belladonna Well-Known Member

I was stunned when I heard it.They are saying its a message to areas near there to stand up for democracy ( like Syria )
    What a joke most the young men are bezness scammers or fighting for Isia. What a joke they made of Nobel Peace Prize.

cheryl, Heba, Lellaji and 5 others like this.
  6. ExNorway

Belladonna and FoolInLove like this.
  7. surf

surf Well-Known Member

The last I read it was over 5000 tunisians fighting with Isis....im guessing alot more now xx

8. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

It is unbelivebal!!! Peace price!!! To a country most countries in Europe have on red list!!! The country we are worn to visit b/c of the unstable political situation, the country where tourists who come to visit are gun down at the beach and at a museum?? The country we had to flight out people b/c it was/is to dangerus to stay there? It is crazy. What have they really done to make democracy? This country that is so corrupt you can not trust police, law system or in fact anybody? Ohh yeah i guess they celebrate now. Tunis with lots of million in their hands...hipp hurray!!! They fill their corrupt pockets now. The Nobel comity have really made a fool of them self this time

Mango Chutney, ijs, Stina and 8 others like this.
  9. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-Known Member

Politics, politics, dirty politics. This Nobel Peace Price is more of a superficial act than anything else. It hasn't got anything to do with peace. Just another shallow political stunt.

ijs, cheryl, Fern and 6 others like this.
  10. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Mind you ,,the real Nobel prize went to a chinese lady for her work in medicine against malaria ,,,,Congratulations You you Tu !!! Just dont invite me to your birthday party !!Wont be signing happy birthday to you you tu !!!Makes me laugh ,,but more deserving than Tunisia .

11. Lellaji

Lellaji Well-Known Member

I was hoping to chime in on this when I found the discussion
    Honestly, of all the people in the world, they want to give it to Tunisians why?
    and who ever really heard of Tunisia anyway before those attacks on Bardo and Sousse?
    and i believe there are those more worthy of NOBEL PEACE PRIZE
    i think they gave it to them , feeling sorry for the country because of what's happened to them, because they fought and remained dedicated to cause of democracy..lol, they still dont seem so democratic to me, and after my personal experience, i dont see as much good coming from there as maybe I would have, had i not seen the reality of what lies there
    anyway i think they gave it to them , because they feel they were being defeated and held down by ISIS or misrepresented Islam, and then when they were HIT with that terrorism it really affected so many things regarding the future of Tunisia, but mostly they were PIONEERS they say, in starting that Arab Spring and initiating uprising against these horrible forces.

black_angel, Heba and Peppermint like this.
  12. FoolInLove

FoolInLove Well-Known Member

ijs, surf, Tiger and 3 others like this.
  13. cheryl

cheryl Well-Known Member

..I was loosing some illusion about nobel prize award when Attisari got it few years back. ...
    ...I agree; it is more political gesture than award of real meaning and work

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Tiger, Rilana, simple and 1 other person like this.
  14. baileyjay

baileyjay New Member

Politics, politics, dirty politics. This Nobel Peace Price is more of a superficial act than anything else. It hasn't got anything to do with peace. Just another shallow political stunt.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    Sun rise, Laurence and cheryl like this.
  15. Peppermint

Peppermint Well-Known Member

Copied and pasted my comment :confused:

Big Bang Theory and Fern like this.
  16. ExNorway

17. Katie1971

Katie1971 Well-Known Member

I find it really strange the FCO advises against all but essential travel to Tunisia yet it doesn't give this warning regarding Turkey which had been hit with one terrorist attack after another but I guess the fact Turkey is very keen to join the EU must make it safe huh :rolleyes:

Big Bang Theory likes this.
  18. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Also it may have a lot to do with many Tunisians joining isis ,its begining to produce its own home grown terrorists ,thus making it less safe .Terrorist attacks happen all over the world,and the attacks in Turkey are not from within .Most of the attacks in Tunisia are done by Tunisians ,thus making it harder to control .Security control is tighter in Turkey ,

Mango Chutney, surf, ijs and 4 others like this.