Oh! 'Mavis'

wallah

If you were at Enfida airport last week when the flight from Manchester came in, you would likely have seen 'Mavis' arrive. (If your reading this 'Mavis' and recognise yourself, I do hope that you don't mind me calling you that.) She was perhaps late 60's, dressed in black leggings with silver decorations up the sides, a floaty orange and red top, animal print high heeled ankle boots and carrying a black tote bag with a large red edged black rose on the side – her grey hair was piled on top of her head and she had several diamanté hair clips on the back and sides – discreet make up, but lots of gold jewellery. She was beaming with happiness as she scanned the waiting crowd for her beloved and was so happy when she spotted him bearing the obligatory red rose and welcoming smile. The small crowd of cynical reps looked on as he gave her a hurried furtive hug. He then picked up the suitcase, his mate grabbed the hand luggage and off they shot at 5 miles per hour, leaving poor 'Mavis' to stagger after them at 2 miles per hour, as she desperately tried to keep up with them on her too high heels – arms flapping at the sides as she tried to keep her balance.
'Mavis' I know that you saw them staring at you and I'll apologise for that, but they have seen it all before. It really doesn't matter what they think, but they were so hoping that just for once, as it is the festive season, you would be the exception to the rule. I do hope that you have a happy Christmas 'Mavis'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
True story – one of many from my friend who is one of the supervisors at Enfida. Jesus wept.

Laurence

LMAO Wallah! Same scenario over and over again, same scenery in Djerba airport! All the Mavises of the planet seem to concentrate on Tunisia...
If you don't weep like Jesus, you laugh YAO like I most of the time do...

wallah

LMAO Wallah! Same scenario over and over again, same scenery in Djerba airport! All the Mavises of the planet seem to concentrate on Tunisia...
If you don't weep like Jesus, you laugh YAO like I most of the time do...

:Cry: :( :Cry: :( :Cry: :( :Cry:

Galadriel

Globe Trotter Extraordinaire
That`s as good as my story of the "Pink Princess" from East Mids - she seemed normal by glancing at her face but the frills, pink high heeled boots, in fact in everything she managed to include a little pink - even her sunglass frames....so sad, straight onto Tunisiana but sadness prevailed he wasn`t there to meet her she hung around -maybe he was waving farewell to the previous weeks Princess ? then he appeared - all was well, the relief on her face. It was sad and depressing at the same time - what a long learning journey she was on but an adult with free choice !
My friend who goes with her partner to Jamaica and the Gambia says the locals call the women stepping of the planes" the two bobbers" - my response was that with that description this obviously has been going on for several decades - very sad ......Several women that have been scammed in the Gambia are in Caramels position - they have bought property, vehicles which they have either lost or are spending a fortune to retrieve.
This does Amber topple the theory that Tunisian rats are in their own right sociopaths that do not exist elsewhere ;) sadly they abound in many other countries. I hear more and more often that here in UK the dating scene is callous with regards to guys seeking out vulnerable middle age /older women who have their own homes, vehicles etc and the process they use to find such women is just as callous and self serving as the rats in Tunisia. They in my mind are worse because economically are in a far better position.

Laurence

Or the plane having a stop in Monastir airport before going on to Djerba and hear that your neighbour Mavis gets a phone call from her BF in Djerba ordering her to bring along whisky, gin, vodka and several different brands of cigarettes, Mavis asking the steward right away after the call if she can still buy those items in the taxfree...

Laurence

The one that got the taxfree orders from her BF was a rather beautiful, about 40 years old nurse that told me afterwards (we were only 13 persons left in the plane to Djerba, was shortly after the revolution) how charming and caring her BF was... So I wanted to see this marvellous man upon our arrival...noticed a 20 year old skinny standard rat model and his friend waiting for her at the Djerba Midoun airport, where she handed her "presents" over with a big happy smile.

wallah

Or sitting behind a Mavis on a flight, and hearing her telling anyone that is listening about her toyboy.
I know who you are thinking of M- but at least that was how we learnt that she'd been daft enough to marry him!!!

Amber

oo la la ;)
Most of the “Pink and glittering aging queens” are not deluded or fooled . No Bezness in that category in my opinion , assumed sex tourism : they buy sexual services the same way they buy cheap jewels and fake copied luxury bags there, so I think it’s fair to say the tunies are used as sextoys , it’s a deal between two aware/consentant people , a “dressed up” deal sometimes with a bit of “story telling” but not a scam ( con?) about feelings. These women enjoy the whole scenario , anticipating , getting prepared, counting down etc ...it’s self -preservation , self-centred reassurance and a mean like another to fight against the depressive components of aging . And some tunies I wouldn’t even call professional rats ,might just take the opportunity they are given/offered by these women , most probably not giving them back the “love” comedy .

I think most of these women are not that desperate or lonely , even if I hear what some of you can mean by that . I do not support these behaviours at all mainly because it has sad consequences on other women,and I found it pathetic when these women start to show off .But actually I take they are not the desperate ones and are not ashamed at all either . They need animation in their lives ,they pay for animation , they buy themselves a little bath of youth, escapism. They can’t ignore people are laughing at them and judging them but they do not bother with others’s opinions.They know they are liked and entertained for what they bring.

The trouble is that these behaviours feed Bezness exactly the same way younger depraved girls ,sex and fun tourists ,do. It gives a totally twisted and wrong picture of what European are .And then we are all tarred with the same brush by Tunisians ( rats and non rats)who are not educated and programmed ( cultural filters about love and relationships)to make the difference between these women and decent and/or more emotional ones .

As for rats, so many different categories, many threads here discussed that varied species ...the worst of them clearly having sociopathic profiles but I never thought/said they all are , just that these sickest ones, like all predators ,do get jobs on purpose to reach and be in contact with numerous preys , are not able to think about the consequences of their acts and do not have the capacity nor the will to change. Some rats are criminals doing bezness an active way on a large scale and as main”activity” using the love scenario always.Some other amateur rats are just opportunists and kind of sex workers/prostitutes , taking advantage of some random situations .

Sociopaths and opportunists exist all over the world , in Tunisia like elsewhere . I think sadly that in the last decade , Tunisia has become the “safest” ( in comparison with some other African countries where AIDS and some severe tropical diseases are a major risk) , nearest and cheapest emergent high spot in Africa for sex tourism AND Bezness. Two different things , but clearly intricately linked.

CUDDLE

The one that got the taxfree orders from her BF was a rather beautiful, about 40 years old nurse that told me afterwards (we were only 13 persons left in the plane to Djerba, was shortly after the revolution) how charming and caring her BF was... So I wanted to see this marvellous man upon our arrival...noticed a 20 year old skinny standard rat model and his friend waiting for her at the Djerba Midoun airport, where she handed her "presents" over with a big happy smile.

Yes i know many of the older ladies spoken of here are very beautiful (in fact this is the one thing that has always shocked me a little)...the ladies could easily get a man within their own country, yet they choose these standard rat types who are often very ugly in appearance and heart...

I didnt mean the ladies are or were ugly in my post.....i meant i think they have a fear of becoming so ....I think it is another tool these ladies use to try to alleviate the fears they have...

Laurence

From the testimonies I got from first hand, most of these ladies are not sex tourists, I always understood that for most of them their feelings were involved and that they were otherwise hooked as well, not only sexually! And that's why the rats are scammers, not just mere gigolo's! Because to be good gigolo's they're far too ugly and sexually undereducated!

Sorry Amber, don't agree with you on this analysis.

wallah

Most of the “Pink and glittering aging queens” are not deluded or fooled . No Bezness in that category in my opinion , assumed sex tourism : they buy sexual services the same way they buy cheap jewels and fake copied luxury bags there, so I think it’s fair to say the tunies are used as sextoys , it’s a deal between two aware/consentant people , a “dressed up” deal sometimes with a bit of “story telling” but not a scam ( con?) about feelings. These women enjoy the whole scenario , anticipating , getting prepared, counting down etc ...it’s self -preservation , self-centred reassurance and a mean like another to fight against the depressive components of aging . And some tunies I wouldn’t even call professional rats ,might just take the opportunity they are given/offered by these women , most probably not giving them back the “love” comedy .

I think most of these women are not that desperate or lonely , even if I hear what some of you can mean by that . I do not support these behaviours at all mainly because it has sad consequences on other women,and I found it pathetic when these women start to show off .But actually I take they are not the desperate ones and are not ashamed at all either . They need animation in their lives ,they pay for animation , they buy themselves a little bath of youth, escapism. They can’t ignore people are laughing at them and judging them but they do not bother with others’s opinions.They know they are liked and entertained for what they bring.

The trouble is that these behaviours feed Bezness exactly the same way younger depraved girls ,sex and fun tourists ,do. It gives a totally twisted and wrong picture of what European are .And then we are all tarred with the same brush by Tunisians ( rats and non rats)who are not educated and programmed ( cultural filters about love and relationships)to make the difference between these women and decent and/or more emotional ones .

As for rats, so many different categories, many threads here discussed that varied species ...the worst of them clearly having sociopathic profiles but I never thought/said they all are , just that these sickest ones, like all predators ,do get jobs on purpose to reach and be in contact with numerous preys , are not able to think about the consequences of their acts and do not have the capacity nor the will to change. Some rats are criminals doing bezness an active way on a large scale and as main”activity” using the love scenario always.Some other amateur rats are just opportunists and kind of sex workers/prostitutes , taking advantage of some random situations .

Sociopaths and opportunists exist all over the world , in Tunisia like elsewhere . I think sadly that in the last decade , Tunisia has become the “safest” ( in comparison with some other African countries where AIDS and some severe tropical diseases are a major risk) , nearest and cheapest emergent high spot in Africa for sex tourism AND Bezness. Two different things , but clearly intricately linked.
Sorry Amber, we will have to agree to differ on this. I have seen far too many of these aged European hopefuls to agree with your viewpoint. In my opinion, the ones who are sex tourists are a very very small minority. In fact having a ringside seat for the last 12 years, I don't think that I have ever observed one that I would put into that capacity.

Amber

oo la la ;)
Well ,i would have thought that it was a majority well aware with some "story telling", may be even hoped for it :(as they wouldn't get badly hurt ...i take there are so many different cases of course ,but when coming to really older women ,personal issues and unreachable denial come to mind :with all respect , how can an over 60 woman think she's loved for herself by a twenty or so ...

Ladies ,you are the ones witnessing it on a large scale and i rely on your experience . There's no hierachy in horror but it is terrible that some rats can go that far in evil to take advantage of the oldest women that could be their grandmothers . No words actually. The darkest side of Bezness really, taking advantage of every kind of blind spots and weaknesses...
Thanks for your enligthments

wallah

Well ,i would have thought that it was a majority well aware with some "story telling", may be even hoped for it :(as they wouldn't get badly hurt ...i take there are so many different cases of course ,but when coming to really older women ,personal issues and unreachable denial come to mind :with all respect , how can an over 60 woman think she's loved for herself by a twenty or so ...

Ladies ,you are the ones witnessing it on a large scale and i rely on your experience . There's no hierachy in horror but it is terrible that some rats can go that far in evil to take advantage of the oldest women that could be their grandmothers . No words actually. The darkest side of Bezness really, taking advantage of every kind of blind spots and weaknesses...
Thanks for your enligthments
Spot on Amber - evil to the core!

Galadriel

Globe Trotter Extraordinaire
Amber forget the over 60 move that back to 40 `ish with a few exceptions even less more often than not....

CUDDLE

We know how good the 'rat' is at manipulation etc....However i also think a lady of a certain age MUST stop and ask herself the question...WHY would a twnty something yr old be interested in me ???? If this were normal behaviour it would happen at home too...

I firmly believe these ladies are hanging onto a dream, trying to retain their youth....I dont say i blame them, just they MUST take some kind of responsibilty too....

I know one lady personally is seeing a man 30 yrs younger,,,,he has openly asked for money and gifts, he has not tried to deny he wants these things...what does she do ? Answer is she gives him money and gifts to hang on to him...it is like a trophy :rolleyes:

This behaviour encourages the other baby rats in training..

Alien

Woooooouuuuhhh, it was nice, Amber, thank you!

Ellie1

I know a couple with this age gap and also a woman with a man with about a 50 year age gap YES that wasn't a typing mistake it was a 50 year age gap!

BrownGirl

Moderator And Queen of Summaries
Staff member
I know a couple with this age gap and also a woman with a man with about a 50 year age gap YES that wasn't a typing mistake it was a 50 year age gap!

That is gross :sick:

Top Bottom