Panorama Documentary Tonight

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by RedRose, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Snuggle

Snuggle Well-Known Member

In our country I feel more safe because there is real security and if something happens I am sure of good health care.
    Only the idea of ending up in a Tunisian hospital makes me scared.

2. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

to be admitted to a hospital in a foreign country where you do not understand the language or they do not speak English is a nightmare

Brasilgirl and Mystery like this.
  3. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

I think we hear more about tunisia because it is freely spoken about here.
    Yes the uk foil many terrorist attacks daily but we do not hear about them i on a personal level do not feel threatened here, i am not scared. Yes there Always could be a chance an attack will happen but its the same as any country.
    Muslims have more to fear than us, isis target them more than us because they wont bow down to sharia law and live like how they want them too.

4. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

you is more safe in a moslim country that in west when it is talk about terror . It is can happend every where

5. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Yup, and that is the difference.....our intelligence and security are strong....they foil many attacks.
    Tunisian security forces are weak, underarmed and lacking in funds, they are bolstered by support and training from German and American forces (amongst others), but it can't stay that way forever.

The Tunisian youth pose a big problem, the fact that ISIS has gained more foreign fighters from Tunisia than anywhere else also poses a big problem.

ISIS and Al Qaida are both trying to get strong holds in Tunisia, as they did in Libya and Syria....they are taking advantage of the weak economy and a disillusioned youth.....it is not like that in our countries.

These reasons are why our countries are a million times safer than Tunisia.
    I felt safe in Tunisia from terrorism...it was only once I left and started researching, that I became aware of how severe the issue is there....and it is severe....very severe......any Western person there should live with real caution.

Brasilgirl, Heidi, Arkady and 5 others like this.
  6. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

When I lived in Tunisia, my rat was concerned about terrorism as was his younger brother stationed in the Algerian mountains. A stroll to the Bardo Museum will yield very uptight patrolling as downtown Tunis by any embassy. Plus the fact that women can not and should not leisurely walk the streets at night, for fear of sexual assault. In fact 75% of Tunisian women over the last 5 years have reported sexual assault.

Everyone can base their opinions based on feelings or personal experience, but at the end of the day, when the residents live in alert status, or anticipating another revolution or terrorist attack, and the local women report rape, it speaks for itself. There are security and violence problems in Tunisia. This should not be compared to other countries or be taken out of context as to shield or direct any other points...

7. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Seriously? :eek:
    I wonder if that's what those two beautiful girls in Morocco thought, before they were raped and beheaded?
    I wonder if that's what the tourists in Bardo and Sousse thought, before they were shot to pieces by mad men, whilst protected by a weak and frightened Tunisian military and police force?
    What of the girls kidnapped, raped, forced into marriage, strapped to suicide bombs by Boko Haram in Nigeria?
    What about the innocent Syrian people grieving lost loved ones, having their property destroyed etc? If their country is so safe because it's Muslim....why are they all fleeing and coming to the Western world for safety?

I can't speak for everyone....but for myself....I'm damn glad I'm living in a Western country....and more importantly...I'm damn glad my kids are in a Western country.
    Must admit, I found the security at Bardo piss poor....and I was there only five or so months after the attack. T'was very distressing to see walls covered in bullet holes :Cry:

8. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

...The Moroccan Muslim girl who was gang raped and tattooed with nazi swastikas all over her neck and arms; the Muslim woman gang raped on a public bus by a group of men in Morocco while people watched; the 19 men that participated in the rape and beheadings of hiker tourists in Morocco. The sexual assault statistics in North Africa, which you can find from credible Arabic and western sources. There’s an enormous level of sexual assault, poverty, unprosecuted prostitution and crime against men, women and children in these areas, whether related to tourism or terrorism... or simply citizenship.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  9. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Nothing would make me ever want to return there and likewise I had wanted to go to Morocco but I’ll never go. Lots of countries are off my bucket list. Even Turkey which I’ve previously loved. I have resigned myself to never going to Istanbul or Dubai or India. Pretty much anywhere where women are classed as subhuman.

Meis, juicyfruit, Brasilgirl and 6 others like this.
  10. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

If Tunisia was like a “prosperous” Western country, it would be a festival for human rights lawyers, journalists, and police officers. You would never hear the end of it.

11. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

For me I would be afraid to live in the USA
    I would be afraid to send my children to school.
    I would be afraid to live in france lot happening there and many terrorists hidden lot of rats there.
    I would be more afraid to live in north Korea, iraq, Syria than Tunisia. Don't get me wrong in my message I dislike Tunisia but that is not because of terrorists. It's because of my rat.
    If my husband wasn't a bastard I would probably be living in tunis happily married. I am not going to lie or pretend that I wouldn't.
    We all have our own views, but I am not going to sugar coat that we all got involved with the bad ones. If they were different many of us would be living or going there or arranging visas for them.
    It's just a shame we didn't get our fairy tale ending we got the nightmare.

12. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Actually, I don’t think I would arrange a visa for any man, under any circumstances. Maybe your price to stay quiet on the violence against women in Tunisia was a happy marriage. Because you didn’t get that, you now speak out. But, for other women, it’s the principle of violence against women that’s terrible, and no matter the marriage, price, or man, it’s worth speaking out about.

For me personally, I don’t speak on the sexual abuse and abuse against women, children, and violence in Tunisia because of my rat. I am over my rat and wouldn’t want him back, I also am refocusing on my life now, which is much better by far - independence and all, which I would never, ever surrender again. I speak about these topics because the women in Tunisia are still oppressed, they live in fear, and crimes against many people, including crimes of terrorism are still going on. I will speak about this topic in the future too, as long as terrorism continues, minorities in Tunisia lack a voice, and sexual assaults continue - send me the most beautiful Tunisian man and I will still speak.

13. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

The fact that my marriage is over is a small blemish on the bigger nightmare put in front of my eyes when living in Tunisia - the stories, poverty, violence, prostitution, crime, terrorism, racism and discrimination, and, and, and...

There was no way for me to continue living in Tunisia, even if my husband had been perfect... it would have made me sick with sadness for what I saw in front of my eyes, as well as the suffering and stories, discrimination, suicides, prostitution etc. it would keep me talking and crying and wanting to see justice in that country - living inside, and now outside, is the same feeling.

I hope for the day to see Tunisians reform the country, and justice for young victims, youth, and everyone affected by bezness, terrorism and other violent crime.

14. Mystery

You can talk about Tunisia all you like jisela what you say is true I have not once said differently .
    But please don't ever try and understand my life with a evil man. I have not told my story but I can assure you my life was never a bed of roses, far from it. I was stating a fact before we was used and abused and we thought we found the love of our life. Your not the only one who didn't get a visa at any price for a man. You don't know me so don't judge me. Did you get put into a mental hospital in Tunisia just on the say so of a man ?.
    I doubt that very much jisela. My crime was speaking out I had a bad mouth for questioning my rat. Yes I was beaten I still wear my scars over my body. Imagine being locked away from all you know the langauge your family but most of all your children. Not knowing if you ever see them again. I have broken fingers that won't mend, broken shoulder, scar across my face burn marks on various parts of my body.
    But yes of course at any price I buy the C .U.N.T a visa. Yes jisela I enjoyed my beatings I would say again please because I'm so in need of a mental hospital. At least I had peace there .
    But at least i am honest in saying when I met and married my husband i loved him i would have lived on the moon with him and yes tunis.
    I am at least making a stand and fighting mine in court. I put myself in danger to get my pig in jail so he can't do it to another woman.
    Oh be sure you will get to know my rat with pictures added 28th of this month is the day my life of hell will be posted.

15. Mystery

Btw I'm the one who reported Khalid walked into a police station in Tunisia and handed over the evidence.
    I have had death threats and some people here that know what I do can verify that.
    So please don't judge what you don't know.
    Yes I am back in that country for court.
    I put myself in danger to get justice if I can do it then at least others might do the same and shame this country into action against this corruption of bezzness

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  16. Going for the limit

I never see anything at all.
    Of course poverty is rife here but its also in the uk. Cant even walk around a corner without seeing a homeless person.
    Knife crime, gangs, pickpockets, burglary and so on is crazy in the uk.

I have never except on this site known anyone to suffer abuse, of course it happens and just because i have not seen it doesnt mean it does not happen.
    But i havnt seen even a tunisian woman have to ask for permission to go out.
    I am sure this shit only happens in smaller villages

AmberHeart, Brasilgirl and Mystery like this.
  17. Mystery

I agree it happens in all countries violent men exist beat they wives ECT.
    But it's even harder when you have a rat that don't allow you any freedom. I had to walk on egg shells and if not for the kindness of Tunisian people I don't know if I would survive.
    I am forever in thier debt. I found some wonderful people who look after me. I was never allowed out alone. I had to cover myself up all the time.
    Never allowed to answer the door.
    He did the shopping even for the women's sickness as he called it. Tampons.
    I was not allowed to question anything he did.
    If I did I had a bad mouth and therefore I was crazy woman. He told people I had cancer of the brain.

18. Going for the limit

How long were you with him for mystery?
    Your away from him now thats what matters.
    I hope you get justice for what he did

AmberHeart, Mystery and Brasilgirl like this.
  19. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

It's about being in the wrong place. Terror can happen anywhere. The terrorists come to the west because of hatred. Yes, terrorism also happens in the Muslim world, but I think you are more confident there because we are in your world. Yes, they also strike there but it is the West that is their goal.

20. Going for the limit

Is this why the dickhead khaled has gone quiet haha. Deserves it the twat

21. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Many nice countries but it is their cultures that are hopeless. It is cruel that these men have no respect for women and poor young girls who grow up in a culture without rights where they will obey the man in all that is to be nauseated but if some of them try to do something that is not is normally in their culture so is looked down on.

Brasilgirl, AmberHeart and Mystery like this.
  22. Mystery

it seems like a life time.
    Nothing was any good for him.
    I was just his anger control. My rat is not born and bred Tunisian I should make that clear.
    We lived in Ariana before that we lived in Algeria.
    Before that I had a great life happy in uk.

23. Going for the limit

I have heard many bad things about algerians too, last time i was here i was in the airport i could hear people talking about their holiday, several of them complaining about the algerians and apparently a group of them were getting young kids to say on video ' allah akbar'
    Police were called because a huge kick off happened .

24. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

It is madness to encourage terrorism. In my view, Islam has nothing to do with terror. These people must have seen the Qur'an in a completely wrong way

Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  25. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

:eek:

ALLAHU AK BAR terrorists. It is often yelled before the ensuing explosion. Run away as fast as possible if you hear it.
    "ALLAHU AK BAR" (allah akbar)
    Run.
    Run.
    The explosion catches you.
    You're dead.

;)