Panorama Documentary Tonight

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by RedRose, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

I just think the dickheads thought it was funny to get little white english kids to say it. Probably posted it on social media.
    For their friends to find it hilarious .
    All it means is god is the greatest but for us we can easily attach it to terrorism or islamic exteremisim.
    As far as i heard the police dealt with it as even the hotel workers thought it was below the belt. I wasnt there so i have no idea

Brasilgirl, Mystery and AmberHeart like this.
  2. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Death threats from husband? Or the reported freak!! :mad::Evil:

Brasilgirl and Mystery like this.
  3. AmberHeart

He never got tired of making life ugly for you :Evil:

Brasilgirl and Mystery like this.
  4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

You’re putting me in the position to judge you. I didn’t. I simply said that it’s not because of my rat that I’m speaking against the huge percentage of women that experience domestic violence in Tunisia. It’s simple enough. I’m also not going to candy coat the reality for the benefit of myself or anyone else. I won’t be complicit in any man’s violence against women - or rat bezness.

Amira and Brasilgirl like this.
  5. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Domestic violence does happen everywhere in Tunisia. The reported percentages are huge. The women that come here tell the same stories. I’m not going to split hairs or turn this into a comparison between countries to make anyone more comfortable either.

6. AmberHeart

:(I’m so sorry:Cry: I admire your strenght and braveness, the need of justice from all that man stole you and your children. How evil and nasty towards a woman that only wanted a family and love. He will find his 72 virgin demons.

7. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

My rat’s mother was demeaned in front of me, her health problems unaddressed, spoken to like garbage, took all the fault of problems... cried alone. Woman upstairs beaten and dragged around. My rat told me stories of his friends on the streets thinking of raping a woman at night. I was also physically abused. I won’t infer statistics from my experiences, but I know there’s a big domestic violence problem in Tunisia.

Brasilgirl and AmberHeart like this.
  8. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

Freak AmberHeart but a different one to Khalid
    And not my rat. I've been busy :D:eek:

9. AmberHeart

:eek::eek: Girl:Ninja::D:thumbsup:

Mystery and Brasilgirl like this.
  10. Mystery

Read
    Read your post again or am I missing something ?
    You directed it at me, i did not once say women are not being beaten in Tunisia.
    I don't speak out thank you for your thoughts on that one. I'm not a percentage person or a keyboard warrior I'm also not here to undermine or take out of context anyone's posts.
    I have been hands on and no I never put a price on a rats visa. I didn't even try to get my rat one.
    I am actually in a country fighting against the rats. While it's right you speak out about the injustice that goes on in this country some of us go that much further. Heidi, mango many more put themselves in the firing line to stop the abuse of women. You don't see what goes on, what's not posted here, but I can assure you we all have 1 aim and that's to catch rats.
    No we can't help every woman in every country but don't make judgements on what you don't know.
    Some of us here are getting death threats children are being threatened.
    Some of us are in that country you speak about.
    I wish I was in my own country sat in my living room playing with my children.
    Sorry if I'm a little harsh but I have had a bad day at a police station in a country i fear.
    I am really happy you are away and over your rat.
    Many of us can't put it to rest yet. But one day we will have peace in our lives and happiness

11. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Mystery, you stated at the start it was all because of my rat and bad experience that I’m upset (and other women) about domestic violence in Tunisia. You also said had we had good marriages, women here would not speak out. You continue to make inferences to drive a fight. I’m not taking the bait. Points made. I will be the first to advocate for abused Tunisian women, or minors... and victims + men sold into prostitution by their families for bezness. One voice and person, don’t need any appreciation or congratulations. Not looking for it either.

12. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Regarding violence against women, this is in many countries. A Russian lady told me that in Russia it is common for men to strike because there are signs of love she said ??? It seems strange that women find themselves in it so family violence is not just in Tunisia but it is cruel that it goes beyond both children and women. Do not understand that they endure in such conditions

Mystery, AmberHeart and Brasilgirl like this.
  13. Going for the limit

@Mystery i am too here, if you need me give me a shout. If you need us to help in anyway me and the hubby will come

14. Going for the limit

I can give you my facebook or tunisian n number

Croydon girl, AmberHeart and Amira like this.
  15. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I would like to know and understand why it’s so important to say domestic violence happens in other countries? Is that to normalize abuse, or make it seem impossible to address? What purpose does it serve other than to take the heat off of the abusers and prevent people from being rightfully angry for being abused?

Can you imagine telling any woman in Tunisia: Don’t worry, Russian men beat their wives, too?

I don’t see how drawing these connections really serves the issues in North Africa or the Middle East with regards to domestic violence. But, maybe someone can explain that better for me.

16. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I believe it is worse in some countries because of the laws. If a man abused a woman even half as bad as some of these rats abuse their victims in Tunisia, he would be imprisoned for a long time. In Tunisia, everyone turns a blind eye. In Canada, neighbours will likely call the police. The police can press charges on the man even if the women won’t. In some cases the man can be convicted on the police observations if the woman won’t or can’t testify. In Tunisia, they don’t care or don’t get involved so the abuse escalates.
    So we can’t really compare with other countries and say it happens everywhere as an excuse. It does happen everywhere, but if you are a western woman living with a rat in Tunisia, the odds are it will happen to you.

17. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Believe it comes annually on this honor but I do not know. It is well known how these men are raised. The girls are raised to become good housewives at an early age to be able to do everything about food and housework to make the man happy. The culture is such that the women must accept everything that is incomprehensible. If one marries / becomes in a relationship with a man from a dominant society then society expects you to conform to him and his attitudes especially in his country. Do not know why they beat their wives more often in that part of the world than in the West but it must have something to do with the upbringing. The best thing for women is to get divorce

18. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Not me. I'm as confused as you are as to how this abuse is normalised with comparisons.....it's downright weird and actually, doesn't help our battle here.
    By normalising it, it plays down what these rats did to us....so I don't get it :confused:

19. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

The whole of Tunisian culture is based on honor. A girl should not be ashamed of the family and if the man takes out divorce then it is her fault not his. These men are wrong free

20. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Do some men because of race, nationality and religion (or other descriptors) get a “free pass” to kill or beat their wives? Is that the true case in Tunisia? Who decides this for the entire world? If this is true, that every Tunisian woman should accept being beaten, raped or killed, no problem, every member here should delete their accounts, go home, stop talking, put their head down and just make peace with what’s going on.

21. Vampirecat

Vampirecat Well-Known Member

Filthy rat bastard id love to go with baseball bat and beat the shit out of all those little bitch prick cunts i wouldnt stop till theyre dead. If i saw my ex rent fuck boy scabby bastard that he is id whack the fuck out of him i swear to God that bastard has made me angry bitter and very very angry the bastard visa been curtailed but still here in Scotland absolutely hate those rat filthy rotten bastards x

Meis, Brasilgirl, Epiphany and 5 others like this.
  22. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

If you drink and have boyfriend then you are a bad girl or if you have too strong opinions for the community there then you are a bad girl but if you are a nod doll then you are a good girl because you accept everything that kind of culture is for to get sick of

23. Mystery

Thank you so much I will pm you. Xx

Brasilgirl, AmberHeart and Amira like this.
  24. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

in the most extreme cases, the girl must present a piece with the bed sheet after the wedding night to show society that she was a virgin unless he can demand divorce right away

AmberHeart and Jisela like this.
  25. Amira

Amira Well-Known Member

Take care

AmberHeart and Mystery like this.