Petition to improve refugee camp at lampadusa

scarlett rose

more aid to refugee CAMPS IN LAMPADUSA - The Petition Site
apps.facebook.com
we NEED to protest about the living conditions in Lampadusa and other refugee camps hundreds of migrants...

hi people just strted a new petition please feel free to sign and forward it tio as many of your friends as possible when I have a few signatures I am sending it to the RED CROSS and to William Haig ..oh and Amnesty International..thanks

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
Scarlett it looks like this thread was originally posted in the area " Rat on a Rat" Now I understand what you mean by your post in the other thread in General Discussion " Monastir Airport Petition" I am going to move this to the Tunisian Revolution forum, however if you'd prefer it to into a different forum leave a note here and I will move it as you wish.

paula01

I watched a video of Tunisians in Lampsuda and saw them complaining about the food they were given and burning their mattresses! How can this Island cope when they have a population of 5,000 and 20,000 Tunisians turn up there? Personally I think they should go back to Tunisia and help the cause as so many died to get where they are now. Just my opinion..

scarlett rose

yes apparently there are loads of guys who have gone there who are just trying to get away from Tunisia with no qualifications but I did read that berlusconi had promised those with qualifications and skills could have a visa and choose any country in europe to visit to look for work..its a case of separating the wheat from the chaff...and I suspect the ones burning mattresses and complaining are probably the ones who were rioting pointlessly in tunisia and causing un-called for chaos..they dont wanna stay on lampedusa they want to get in to Italy and most of them have relatives in France ..so they wanna try their luck there..at the end of the day we can remonstrate and say all these things because it does not affect us... its an accident of birth wherever you are born..and I guess some of us will never have to experience the injustice or turmoil that refugees have to tolerate..

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
For what it's worth, the refugees in Tunisia that came in from Libya ( though not all were Libyan, but from many nations) were found to be burning bedding given to them as well as trashing and stepping on perfectly good food that they refused to eat stating they didn't eat that "kind " of food. I don't think those doing it were Libyan but from other countries and were working in Libya.

I guess you can't please everyone and some people just want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

scarlett rose

I agree some people are very ungrateful ..same here in England Ive seen immigrants sitting in job centre with wife three kids demanding social security benefits and the job seeker woman trying to explain that he must look for a job and his wife too ..this one guy in particular he was speaking in foreign language so she went to get an interpreter he then turned to his wife and began laughing and saying something to her ..i think he was actually taking the proverbial P when she came back with an interpreter he began looking vague again and head nodding..some do milk the system anywhere ..best to avoid this type of person like I said its so hard to separate the wheat from the chaff...thats whats so important I think society is just becoming chaotic who knows what a person is thinking or what their motives are..but if some of the migrants genuinely seek work abroad then I feel they should be given a chance at least to work in europe not neccessarily England ..but as has been said for some the lure of freedom is new and we are so lucky we can hop on a plane and travel anywhere ..they dont have that priviledge..

paula01

I agree some people are very ungrateful ..same here in England Ive seen immigrants sitting in job centre with wife three kids demanding social security benefits and the job seeker woman trying to explain that he must look for a job and his wife too ..this one guy in particular he was speaking in foreign language so she went to get an interpreter he then turned to his wife and began laughing and saying something to her ..i think he was actually taking the proverbial P when she came back with an interpreter he began looking vague again and head nodding..some do milk the system anywhere ..best to avoid this type of person like I said its so hard to separate the wheat from the chaff...thats whats so important I think society is just becoming chaotic who knows what a person is thinking or what their motives are..but if some of the migrants genuinely seek work abroad then I feel they should be given a chance at least to work in europe not neccessarily England ..but as has been said for some the lure of freedom is new and we are so lucky we can hop on a plane and travel anywhere ..they dont have that priviledge..
I have also seen immigrants taking the P and think what an interpreter costs! I have also found that some Tunisians come here saying that they will take any job and then moan as they feel it is beneath them to do menial jobs. I know also that many work hard and do want to better themselves. I think some have had it too easy being paid for by women and get used to that lifestyle;) I also think that at the moment every country is having difficult times, there are hardly any jobs here for us at the moment and plenty cut backs making life here difficult for us. I do sympathise but we cant take everyone here.... we can also hop on a plane anytime but have to work hard for those holidays. They seem to think we come by money so easily and have a shock when they see how hard we have to work, especially the ones who go to their lovely beaches all summer, drink and smoke ( paid for by their many girlfriends). I think SOME of them have a better life over there all paid for by others..

scarlett rose

yes true paula some obviously do.. I personally would not wish to live in Tunisia ok for a holiday i have stayed there for a few months in past 8 years but I find it quite boring at times to be honest..the laid back way of life is really only seen by tourists but as you have said before I think once you actually live there you have your eyes opened ..its not just a pretty scene on a post card not the real Tunisia..and yes all countries are having difficult times as is England too..the whole of society is changing rapidly ..a lot of people seem rude not just drivers but people in shops people in the street..nobody seems to want to help anyone anymore.. one good thing about living in North east are the beautiful coastlines and countryside I live in a busy city but weekends love nothing more than driving into the hills or country..and the lakes is only a 2 hr drive from here...people need to open their eyes and look at the good things in nature that often go unlooked..and when I was in djerba with my daughter for 3 weeks she was soooooooo bored of the beach all day cafes all night smoking chicha watching people just sitting in cafes smoking drinking endless cups of coffee ...nothing else to do I guess lot of time to think ...and you are right about the tunes who do come here from my bad experience which I mentioned a while ago on another thread my ex was like this..he lived with me 6 months watched me go to work every day ..then spent the day as he pleased mostly sleeping and at night going out to clubs with friends he had met...I watched him change from a charming caring bf into a selfish conniving money -grabber he finally left assering that he hated the North because he could not make as much money as in London and didnt want to do cleaning jobs or other menial jobs..so yeah some of em do have an inflated I am God's gift to mankind ego..but we live and learn eh??

paula01

yes true paula some obviously do.. I personally would not wish to live in Tunisia ok for a holiday i have stayed there for a few months in past 8 years but I find it quite boring at times to be honest..the laid back way of life is really only seen by tourists but as you have said before I think once you actually live there you have your eyes opened ..its not just a pretty scene on a post card not the real Tunisia..and yes all countries are having difficult times as is England too..the whole of society is changing rapidly ..a lot of people seem rude not just drivers but people in shops people in the street..nobody seems to want to help anyone anymore.. one good thing about living in North east are the beautiful coastlines and countryside I live in a busy city but weekends love nothing more than driving into the hills or country..and the lakes is only a 2 hr drive from here...people need to open their eyes and look at the good things in nature that often go unlooked..and when I was in djerba with my daughter for 3 weeks she was soooooooo bored of the beach all day cafes all night smoking chicha watching people just sitting in cafes smoking drinking endless cups of coffee ...nothing else to do I guess lot of time to think ...and you are right about the tunes who do come here from my bad experience which I mentioned a while ago on another thread my ex was like this..he lived with me 6 months watched me go to work every day ..then spent the day as he pleased mostly sleeping and at night going out to clubs with friends he had met...I watched him change from a charming caring bf into a selfish conniving money -grabber he finally left assering that he hated the North because he could not make as much money as in London and didnt want to do cleaning jobs or other menial jobs..so yeah some of em do have an inflated I am God's gift to mankind ego..but we live and learn eh??
Everything you said is so true SR. I found it really cold and boring in the winter. The apartments were freezing cold and you couldnt seem to get warm. The only thing to do was go in the coffee or in the bars which gets really tedious when that is all there is to do. I personally have no desire at all to go back to Tunisia as it has changed so much (even before the revolution) . There are many beautiful places to see where you dont have to be on your guard about some rat trying to rip you off. As for your ex SR what a selfish greedy twat. I know of one who came here with a woman I met in Tunisia and when he got work he wouldnt give her a penny as he said it was HIS money!! he eventually got into dealing drugs and wouldnt work anymore. I dont understand the ones who say they want to better their life, get the chance and then behave like that... oh well it takes all sorts.

Top Bottom