Possibly a rat??

Discussion in 'RAT-DAR' started by WildCat, Apr 9, 2009.

1. WildCat

WildCat Guest

I was thinking to start a thread asking if you consider a man (Tunisian in this case) who asks his woman (European or American) to stay with him in Tunisia a potential rat.
    Because, what I thought is, as long as he doesn't use her to get a visa and "finally live in a rich country" and then leave her, he shouldn't be feared..
    But then I read the blog Julz posted "Just a means to an end"!! :huh::huh: I changed my mind! What do you think?!

2. lara.n.kroft@gmail.com

[email protected] Member

i just read the stories.they are ...what can i say?how can someone be so cruel?no heart ,just wallet.and this is not because of poverty.there are people who are poor but have pride,and feelings.i believe that all starts from the family.:confused:::sick::

3. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

I think it all depends on the man and his motives.

The man described in the blog was definitely a rat - no questions asked. He lied to her, used her, and stole her money for his own personal gain - all while he already had a family!

4. Ben

Ben Administrator

guys these comments should go under the blog in question ;)

5. scarlett rose

scarlett rose Well-Known Member

Well it seems to me lately on here, there have been increasing numbers of bad luck stories and some are very depressing to the point that I think some people married to tunisian men will be panicking and wondering if their hubbys or partners might suddenly transmorph into the Incredible Hulk or something...there certainly seems to be revelations of cruel and vindictive tendencies in a lot of these men... and I noticed that they isolated their victims and preyed upon their victim's vulnerability..the scary part is that none of the victims tunisian husbands /bfs were brought to account for their behaviour and in particular i found it quite chilling that the man who refused to allow her to buy him out of the house /apartment scenario was actually a cousin of the victims lawyer ???Gobsmacked to say the least I have talked with many tunisian friends over the past 8 yrs who always assured me that in the hierarchy of tunisian social standing lawyers doctors teachers etc were considered very upstanding members of the community -yeah right power or the corruption of power ...absolute power corrupts and personally I feel or felt the hopelessness of the womens situation...they could do absolutely nothing...and were the losers..whilst the men or rats walked away laughing all the way to the bank...so why would any body feel inclined to visit a country where the apparent level of corruption and cruelty is being exposed so transparently? The world has become greedy and people are greedy ...and I think sometimes its all a case of breaking the pattern ...live your life and dont accept another person making you feel like a second rate human being ...dont allow these so-called low lifes to control your mind,actions,and most importantly your wallet...and if a guy tunisian or whatever hits you or insults you dont put up with it for first time or second time ..give him the big heave ho...and keep your sanity..

lucy jane likes this.
  6. Ben

Ben Administrator

these stories are posted in German, we're just picking some and translating ...
    Some of these stories seem so fictitious, but again.... it is up to the reader...

7. anya

anya Member

As far as I am concerned this new thread is a very useful one.UNDOUBTEDLY, THE MOST CLEVER TUNISIAN RATS OR RATS WORLDWIDE- ARE THOSE WHO MANAGE TO IMPORT A FOREIGN WIFE TOGETHER WITH HER PART= MONEY SAVINGS OR MONEY DEPOSITED IN A FOREIGN BANK .EVEN PROPERTY WHICH SHE WILL INHERIT ONE DAY WILL BE AN ADVANTAGE TO MANY.THIS TYPE OF RAT IS WISER THAN THOSE WHO TRAVEL ABROAD TO WORK LIKE ''REAL RATS''.
    THEY BRING THE WORKFORCE HOME! AND STAY HOME SAFE AND SOUND NEXT TO THEIR LOVING FAMILIES. SUCH A RAT OR NON RAT WILL NOT MOVE HIS FINGER TO RISK THE CHALLENGES OF LIFE ABROAD, ONLY HIS TONGUE WILL BE BUSILY WORKING WITH BEAUTIFUL EXPRESSIONS OF WHAT HE WILL DO TO MAKE HIS WIFE HAPPY. THE FOREIGN WIFE WILL NOT ONLY HELP WITH EQUIPPING THE HOUSE CAUSE SHE WILL WANT TO LIVE IN DECENT CONDITIONS, BUT SHE WILL ALSO BE CLEVER ENOUGH AND DESPERATE ENOUGH TO SET UP A SMALL OR BIG BUSINESS OF HER OWN AS TO ADD A FEW DINAR TO THE FAMILY'S HOUSEHOLD AND SECRETELY CREATE ''A PIGGY BANK ''ON THE SIDE TO KEEP HERSELF INDEPENDENT IN CASE THE HUSBAND OR BOYFRIEND TURNS BASTARD.Although the stories you pick might sound fictitious I believe most are not. Women tend to be extremely naive [ that is why it sounds unimaginable for men] when men are involved and they will remain so even if you stick a photo of their naked spouse with another lady's boob in his mouth right in front of their eyes.
    Too much awerness will not hurt anyone anyway.
    I know many of such stories and have met ladies who told me their dramatic stories in person.Some were unbelievable and told through tears.

One thing seems almost certain , few women can find pure love in Tunisia. A condition FOR love is not a visa , EVEN THE WOMAN HERSELF WHO COSTS NOTHING IN COMPARISON TO A LOCAL GIRL WHOSE PARENTS WILL AT LEAST DEMAND THE MAN TO SUPPORT HER.

scarlett rose likes this.
  8. scarlett rose

scarlett rose Well-Known Member

I totally agree Anja and on another note is anybody watching the programme now on sky 3 the Turkish love club similar rat-like behaviour in front of the cameras how can these women really be so naieve ??again admitting it boosts their ego ..

9. Tunisianbelle

Alhamdulillah I am so lucky to have my hubby! :)

I'm the one who came to the marriage with absolutely nothing and hubby had to pay for everything. :eek: Does this mean I'm the rat? :confused: LOL :D

just nosy likes this.
  10. WouldI

WouldI Guest

hahaha, the lengths people go for a Tunisian passport ;) ::laughing::

11. Tunisianbelle

:D Hey, there's nothing better or more liberating than that green passport! :w:

But seriously, now that I tink of it, I almost feel bad for hubby!

• When we first met in Colorado, he paid for EVERYTHING.
    • When we were apart, I paid for the phone cards to call him because it was cheaper that way.
    • When I went to visit him in Tunisia, he paid for everything while I was there. Can you believe I was stupid enough to go on vacation to see him and didn't take any money - not one freaking penny! Luckily he never intended to let me pay for anything in the first place. Then when I was there I called my parents (and friends) everyday and ran up a huge phone bill! :eek:
    • When he came back to Colorado he paid for everything while he was there too, including the gas in my car! :D
    • Then when I moved out here, I brought only $200 with me (hey, at least that time I brought money with me! LOL). Hubby has been paying for everything since then.

Poor hubby! ::kiss::

Angeleden likes this.
  12. anya

anya Member

You are a very proper lemons-cat. You kill the rat before it gets a chance to squeak!!!!:D:D :D!!!!

13. Tallulah

Tallulah New Member

Whats so liberating about a green passport? I much prefer my British one I think it opens far more doors for me.
    I'm beginning to think men in general are high maintenance, I've been on my own for years have always supprted myself and brought up 4 children with precious little help from their father, at times things were tough but we came through. Now my children are older with independant lives of their own. I thought it was time for me, then made the mistake of falling for a Tunisian guy who was wrong wrong wrong. Do I want this sort of hassle in my life ......NO I don't think so.

scarlett rose and lucy jane like this.
  14. WouldI

WouldI Guest

hehehehe the passport thing was tongue-in-cheek ;)

15. Tunisianbelle

The green passport thing was a joke. :)

16. Beansontoast

Beansontoast Moderator Staff Member

Now I am getting REAL worried............which idiot said how much she was going to inherit one day?::AngeL::

Right,what about that thing ,don,t know what its called,maybe marriage contract,that whats mine stays mine? Can I have one please?

17. Tunisianbelle

A prenuptial agreement. Just make sure when you go to get married, you tell them you want the nuptial contract. They will tell you how it works from there. But Hobi I pray that your man isn't a rat - he doesn't sound like one! :)

18. Beansontoast

Better safe than sorry.

Thanks Tbelle,a pre-nuptial agreement,cool,going to have one of those.

19. anya

anya Member

Though the form of Hobi's pondering is not clear to me I guess Hobi is thinking about a PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT.
    The guy might have some doubts then if he is a part of the game after the lady dies.
    Even without a PRENUPT his life will be much easier next to her side with all she brings into his life....but on the other hand if a lady wishes to have affection and sexual pleasure against the rule of nature a North African may be the simplest answer

20. anya

anya Member

To make myself clear I don't mean Hobi or anybody in particular as far as the matter is concerned. I was just devagating about the harsh often ''un-natural ''selection which occurs in North African countries.
    There are always two sides to a point of view when we talk about rats. The sensitive and loving or sex-mad lady's and the rat's or non -rat's one.

21. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Well, of course, it is possible to be a loving, sensible and sex-mad woman ( I can think of a few ::AngeL::) LOL :D

The marriage contract is a pre-requisite anyway isn't it? You can make it as detailed as you want Hobs, but the basic minimum is that you specify whether you want to keep your assets (and I don't mean your bazoulas ;)) separate or shared.

22. anya

anya Member

23. Tunisianbelle

I'm not sex-mad......I'm practically virginal! ::AngeL:::D

24. Beansontoast

They can be rats as well,they reckon that you will want your little luxuries and they profit from them as well,plus they reckon with your pension !!
    They have all the time in the world,they had nothing really anyway ,but if in years time the whole family can be maintained from an inheritance or a pension all well and good.:mad:

25. anya

anya Member

Oh, so right what u have written.
    I have heard that many times from different male friends in Tunisia that time does not matter, they can wait years and years for their local sweetheart to marry them as well as for their western counterparts . I often heard the local rat men saying they didn't mind the lady came once or twice a year cause they would rather she came once in 3 years on condition she provided for them.:mad:

Phish likes this.