Possibly a rat??

T

TunisiaMoon

Hi TB,
Can I ask, How did you and your husband meet each other ?
Nour and I met in a gift shop in Bizerte. (u)
Hi Mezoo... (was going to call you Mez for short but I can't as that's my hubby's nickname short for Mehrez)!!!
:D

Wow, would love to hear how you got together!!... I mean, did you just get talking about the price of musical camels lol?
I'm interested as it's an unusual place to strike up a date!!!!
Aww you do sound very content and happy!!
My story is the usual.... I went on holiday, met an animator, married, had a baby and here I am LOL :D

(you obviously like to be different lol) ;)

mezoo

The Decider
Hi Mezoo...:D Wow, would love to hear how you got together!!..:D ;)
when i first went to work and live in Tunisia, I'd always carry a small camera, as i'd just always be "seeing" things i'd never seen before, and took pictures so if i never saw it again.......

i was browsing in tiny gift shop, in Bizerte
it was a narrow, slightly deep, shop with high counter at the back with an opening to go around

when i came to the back of the shop and turned to exit, there, behind the counter, sitting on a small chair, sipping tea, was Nour

the shelf had been to high, i did not see her head, as i turned, we both startled
, i pulled out the camera and took a picture
(u)
Nour at first sight1.jpg

T

TunisiaMoon

OMG!!! That is the sweetest thing!!!... All the girlies on here will all be awwing at that now lol!!

That's a really nice story!!!

My hubby was the DJ at the hotel, but he was really quietly sat behind the curtains every night, only occasionally did I see him pop his little head out to watch me make a fool of myself doing the hotel dance!!
I was attracted to his big brown eyes and huge smile :)

I had to approach him lol...... and that was that, I guess you could say it was love at first sight for me.... Now he's not here with me just yet but all I do is take one look at baby J and I see him through his eyes :)

W

WouldI

when i first went to work and live in Tunisia, I'd always carry a small camera, as i'd just always be "seeing" things i'd never seen before, and took pictures so if i never saw it again.......

i was browsing in tiny gift shop, in Bizerte
it was a narrow, slightly deep, shop with high counter at the back with an opening to go around

when i came to the back of the shop and turned to exit, there sitting on a small chair, sipping tea, was Nour

the shelf had been to high, i did not see her head, as i turned, we both startled
, i pulled out the camera and took a picture
This is it (u)
Awwww what a lovely story :wub: - and Nour is absolutely beautiful Mezoo, the most fantastic smile!!! :)

mezoo

The Decider
when i first went to work and live in Tunisia, I'd always carry a small camera, i pulled out the camera and took a picture
One things cool to me is, if you have EVER been to Tunisia, anywhere, you most certainly can see, that it indeed is in a Tunisian gift shop. :) Tunisia is WAYYYY cool :cool: :cool: :cool:

M

maya

bloody hell anya I was quite happy about my boyfriend never mentioning coming to Holland but preferring having me with him in Tunisia. I thought well, at least he's not after a visa. AND AFTER YOUR POST I AM NOT SO RELIEVED ANYMORE!! :confused::confused:

V

vintageprincess

Hello

I am new to the site, but i think everybody will have had doubts at some point.....why on earth would we all be members of a sight called tunisianloverats.com

I think that you need to learn to just go with your gut sometimes and listen to yourself and your own feelings. When i first met my husband, i was very happy but i was unsure about carrying anything on, we were both babies at age 21 and I dont think either of us expected anything to grow from having coffee together 2 or 3 times.......i came home from tunisia and i did my best to forget, as did he, but we couldnt and i went back there knowing full well that i was going to have to keep my wits about me and really try to suss out this man.......thing is....as soon as my plane landed, i forgot everything, barriers wet down and i just got on with it, and 2 years on im married to the most beautiful man ive ever met, who is beautiful on the outside and through and through. I think that if you go looking for love or romance over there...you'll bump into all the wrong types....however...if youre just browsing around shops, like in the lovely post above....or trying to fill up a car with the 'compressed air pump' (like me) then perhaps you might just stumble across something special.

xxx

S

scarlett rose

lovely stories here and tonight I am missing my bf in tunisia and because of some jealous ppl I nearly ended it with him but after spending 1 lovely week in hammamet with him i know now never listen to gossip or ppl who send pms tellin me hes a rat and blah blah ....I was so distraught and listened to the wrong ppl ppl who told me lies about him because of their jealousy but I can honestly say me AND MY GUY ARE fine and dandy and happy as ever and in future I will not doubt him because he was very angry when he found out about the stuff ppl said about him.... i will just listen to my heart because at the end of the day if people think you are weak they will play on your fears and emotions .... at the end of the day it was a jealous ex who caused all the trouble and that has now been sorted :w:

mezoo

The Decider
lovely stories here and tonight I am missing my bf in tunisia and because of some jealous ppl I nearly ended it with him but after spending 1 lovely week in hammamet with him i know now never listen to gossip or ppl who send pms tellin me hes a rat and blah blah ....I was so distraught and listened to the wrong ppl ppl who told me lies about him because of their jealousy but I can honestly say me AND MY GUY ARE fine and dandy and happy as ever and in future I will not doubt him because he was very angry when he found out about the stuff ppl said about him.... i will just listen to my heart because at the end of the day if people think you are weak they will play on your fears and emotions .... at the end of the day it was a jealous ex who caused all the trouble and that has now been sorted :w:
hi scarlett rose, it's nice to hear a happy ending and I'm glad you 2 are on the way ! great congratulations and good luck in the future. :)

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
Glad you had a nice time with your boyfriend scarlett :) Sometimes people mean well, but can do more harm that good. Maybe listen to what others have to say, but take it all with a grain of salt. No matter how well meaning, at the end of the day you are the only one who can say for sure if your boyfriend is good or not because you are the one actually in the relationship.

BellyDancer

Hi Scarlett, it's so nice to hear good news for a change i'm glad you had a great week with your fella but i agree with tb listen to what people say about things BUT always make your own mind up about the situation and never let people interfere in your relationship. I had a relationship with a tunisian guy a few years ago and if only i had listened to what some people were telling me instead of not listening it would have saved me a lot of heart ache, but anyway enough of me best wishes to you xx

M

maya

in the end, we all have to make our own decisions and do what we feel is right. I will give it a go and see what I feel like after i've spent time with him again. But, it never hurts to be careful, watch and observe.
And, most importantly: ENJOY :D

Karina

yesss

I completely agree Maya and maybe it is better if we preserve our feelings a little before get to know him better and to understand if it is rat or not, this way we won't be so hurt and disapointed. At least I m trying to do that :rolleyes:

good luck scarlet.good that you solved your problems with your fella!
i have a question here .
to all of us.
why do you think people say bad things one for another?is it in the nature of human beings to be jealous and want what their neighbor have? what a miserable thought!i hope is not true for the majority of us.we have a nice saying here in Greece.
someone had a donkey and the donkey died.then he had a wish to come true and instead of wishing something good he wished to die the donkey of his neighbor!!!!!!!!!:cool:::AngeL::

M

maya

hi Lara
To speak for my friends: They just want me to be happy and they don't like to see me get hurt (plus, they have to provide lots of wine and ice cream and a listening ear when I do get hurt so it's in their best interest...) The only negative response I got was from my family, but that's because they are worried I will get my heart broken or end up with a rat...

that's the good side and good for you that you have the ability to understand why your friends and family are behaving this way.difficult to accept sometimes but yes.you are right.
i wonder why if i didn't know someone i would say something-lie- to cause him misery.are there so jealous and bad people?.if so i'm glad didn't meet anyone till now.:):D
keep your eyes open!!!!!!!

V

Veritas

I think it's only natural that the people that care for us worry when we start a new relationship. However amidst the caring feelings there might be at times a tad of jealousy, regardless of whether they are themselves in a relationship or not,but that is only human nature as it has been pointed out.

Personally, I feel if you are starting a new relationship give it a proper go! Doubts will allways be present specially at the begining so just ensure you safeguard your sense of self.

Even for those on long term relationships, things aren't always rosy. And often the only time you hear of problems is when cracks start to appear. I'm not a cynical person but believe if someone needs to often "sing" about their own happiness is because there either not so happy or insecure in their relationship, or even worse; there are other underlying issues.

Therefore it's always easier to pass judgement, when the matter does not concern us directly. One person's dream is another person's nightmare.:w:

Tunisianbelle

I'm not a cynical person but believe if someone needs to often "sing" about their own happiness is because there either not so happy or insecure in their relationship, or even worse; there are other underlying issues.
So true. I believe that even the greatest relationships have some problems because it is entirely impossible for two people to agree on everything all the time. And if they did they would probably fight because they'd be bored with each other! :D

Tunisianbelle

Personally, I feel if you are starting a new relationship give it a proper go! Doubts will allways be present specially at the begining so just ensure you safeguard your sense of self.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.

Seriously though, those lyrics have a ring of truth to them.

M

maya

True. But with a Tunisian man, there are a bit more doubts :D

Tunisianbelle

True. But with a Tunisian man, there are a bit more doubts :D
I think the doubt should be the same with any man. Tunisian men are really no different except for the fact that they are "new" and perhaps "exotic" to foreign women. But by the same token we are "new" and "exotic" to them as well :)