Rat Behaviour - the tell-tail signs to look for

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Hi all,

I hope this finds you well. Last year I posted in here in reference to a documentary I was working on, exploring topics many of you have been affected by.
We’ve just been told by Channel 5 that the documentary will be aired on Thursday 11th July at 10pm. The new title is ‘Holiday Love Cheats Exposed’.

Thank you so much for all your help.

I think you’re going to really enjoy watching it and it would be great to hear what you think!

Thanks again for all your help!

Best wishes,
Amelia
View attachment 61811
So I just finished watching this.
First of all, I must say.....Michelle is my hero! :love:

I did enjoy the programme, it was nice that it showed that victims are of mixed ages and nationalities, but I am incredibly disappointed that the word bezness did not feature at all :(

That witch doctor in Ghana....man, I coulda slapped him!! How dare he victim blame :Evil:

Heidi

Thank you, Milly :)

Does it give a true representation of bezness, or are the victims portrayed as old sex tourists? Oh God.....please let it be honest :Cry:
Does it mention the word bezness? This is the word we desperately need out there, as victims oftentimes have not heard of the scam...I was one of them.

I will be watching :)

Channel 5

·

Follow
Holiday Love Cheats | Thursday 10pm
After marrying a man who she later found out only wanted her for a UK passport, Michelle set up the 'Stop UK Marriage Fraud' support group, to ensure other women don't fall for the same tricks

Heidi

1. Home
  2. TV
  3. TV News
  4. Age gap

Brit, 60, marries Sri Lankan toyboy lover and it ends in murder and homelessness
Diane Peebles, from Edinburgh, was heartbroken after her dream life in paradise turned out to be a sham and her story is covered in Channel 5's Holiday Love Cheats Exposed

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Channel 5

·

Follow
Holiday Love Cheats | Thursday 10pm
After marrying a man who she later found out only wanted her for a UK passport, Michelle set up the 'Stop UK Marriage Fraud' support group, to ensure other women don't fall for the same tricks

have seen her live videos and she is a very nice person, empathic, intelligent. She turned this horrible experience into a support network for many other people going through the same situation.
She is inspiring. :love:

see clearly

You’re so brave for sharing this, was a huge battle. Can relate a little with it cause my rat was telling me I was ugly, there were many gorgeous blonde girls from European countries wanting him.. all that. I ended up isolated and not wanting anyone to look at me. Just the necessary things and done.
Your struggle went further than that, Do not believe those lies. Big hug.
Awww thanks i did it to myself alot ive always had body issues from as long as i can remember when i look back there was nothing wrong with me i was pretty probably slightly above average looking not a model but enough t turn heads a bit. People always asked why i was single . ( im irritable as fuck mainly or dont have the energy for it ) but i gave it all for the rat . Did the days out and parties at night after id had no sleep for worrying what i was doing and my money situation . The 3 K holiday one time reduced me to hysterical tears in front of him saying i cant afford this im fucked now ! He must have dropped in the odd remark that made me so competative as hell as well. At least i lost the stone id put on and keeping it off still. xxx

see clearly

1. Home
  2. TV
  3. TV News
  4. Age gap

Brit, 60, marries Sri Lankan toyboy lover and it ends in murder and homelessness
Diane Peebles, from Edinburgh, was heartbroken after her dream life in paradise turned out to be a sham and her story is covered in Channel 5's Holiday Love Cheats Exposed
ouch:Cry:

Going for the limit

Obviously all the stories on the programme are just heart wrenching , in terms of what stood out for me is Sarah's story ...the reason why she isn't old , fat and ugly .
This is what people make the mistake about , they think it will happen only to older people . I would say 80 % the older people are targets but it's paramount to understand that it does happen to the younger ones too.

Brasilgirl

Obviously all the stories on the programme are just heart wrenching , in terms of what stood out for me is Sarah's story ...the reason why she isn't old , fat and ugly .
This is what people make the mistake about , they think it will happen only to older people . I would say 80 % the older people are targets but it's paramount to understand that it does happen to the younger ones too.
I think the rats are targeting younger women more now too. Younger women can have good jobs and money and it is more believable when explaining the relationship for a visa.
It’s good they show a variety of situations.
I can’t imagine a young man wanting to spend the rest of his life with a woman older than his mom. There is defiantly a hidden agenda in 99.9% of those situations.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I think the rats are targeting younger women more now too. Younger women can have good jobs and money and it is more believable when explaining the relationship for a visa.
It’s good they show a variety of situations.
I can’t imagine a young man wanting to spend the rest of his life with a woman older than his mom. There is defiantly a hidden agenda in 99.9% of those situations.
There does seem to be an increase on rats preying on younger victims.

Sickening!

MH x

tipme

Hi all,

I hope this finds you well. Last year I posted in here in reference to a documentary I was working on, exploring topics many of you have been affected by.
We’ve just been told by Channel 5 that the documentary will be aired on Thursday 11th July at 10pm. The new title is ‘Holiday Love Cheats Exposed’.

Thank you so much for all your help.

I think you’re going to really enjoy watching it and it would be great to hear what you think!

Thanks again for all your help!

Best wishes,
Amelia
View attachment 61811
I watched it should do more was good. The Scottish woman that was conned by the skrilana man then they told her he was dead and his body led out. To me personally I don't think that was him looked nothing like him

Megane

I did enjoy the programme and it's good to get the news of whats going on out there. Although I had read the story of 2 of these women previously in the news papers a while back and there was nothing different to what i'd read. Just from my personal point of view the programme wasn't hard hitting enough about how these rats target people and how they have a plan from the outset. I've read a lot of things since about the programme where people just think they were dillusional women who deserved what they got.

Top Bottom