Welcome to TLR

Rat from Jendouba/Hammamet

JasmineM

Hi Girls
I know for certain now my man is a rat! Ive been married to him for a few years. We are now trying for a divorce but only last week I got a message from his ex who he dated before me to say that he has been with many woman while we has been married to me and that he has been taking money from them all whilst we were together, he has taken thousands from me. He has a girlfriend in ******* called ****** that he has been with for over ten years. Any ideas girls?

Last edited by a moderator:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Girls
I know for certain now my man is a rat! Ive been married to him for a few years. We are now trying for a divorce but only last week I got a message from his ex who he dated before me to say that he has been with many woman while we has been married to me and that he has been taking money from them all whilst we were together, he has taken thousands from me. He has a girlfriend in ****** called ****** that he has been with for over ten years. Any ideas girls?
Welcome Jasmine

I am so sorry to hear this but not at all surprised, what a scum bag!

Can I ask if he lives/lived with you on a visa and if so for how long?

How are you coping?? It must have been a shock for you :Cry:

MH x

Last edited:

JasmineM

Welcome Jasmine

I am so sorry to hear this but not at all surprised, what a scum bag!

Can I ask if he lives/lived with you on a visa and if so for how long?

How are you coping?? It must have been a shock for you :Cry:

MH x
Thank you for your lovely message MH. No, we were only just married when he started to show his true colours and would disappear whilst I was there to see his other woman ******. Im glad in some ways that we did not apply for the visa because otherwise I would have had to deal with him whilst he was here. I was coping whilst we separated but now so much has come out. I have looked at this site for years but never really believed he was one of them, truly believing he loved me. The reason I am now here is to help other woman from falling into this trap.

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi Girls
I know for certain now my man is a rat! Ive been married to him for a few years. We are now trying for a divorce but only last week I got a message from his ex who he dated before me to say that he has been with many woman while we has been married to me and that he has been taking money from them all whilst we were together, he has taken thousands from me. He has a girlfriend in ******* called ****** that he has been with for over ten years. Any ideas girls?
Hi @JasmineM welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear you where caught by a rat it must hurt you deeply to know he tricked you for years. Sad to say we know how it feels these rats learn it from a young age and we go in these relationships with our hearts but for them it's all about money, gifts, sex or a visa in the future. It's actually a good thing the ex contacted you or as you said he would be there with you. All of us where thinking ours was different but as soon we put 1 and 1 together and read here at the forum we know how rats work. Is your rat mentioned here at the forum because lots of rats are from Jendouba ? You must be feeling devastated now so I send you a virtual hug xxxx

Ursula

How naive we are when visiting Tunisia. We have no idea that the kind attension given by these rats is fake.
You think, what a lovely welcoming culture. You are lured by the accent and manners.
They mention respect for their parents and follow a righteous path.
You are left thinking, what a good lad. Great lyers

JasmineM

Hi @JasmineM welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear you where caught by a rat it must hurt you deeply to know he tricked you for years. Sad to say we know how it feels these rats learn it from a young age and we go in these relationships with our hearts but for them it's all about money, gifts, sex or a visa in the future. It's actually a good thing the ex contacted you or as you said he would be there with you. All of us where thinking ours was different but as soon we put 1 and 1 together and read here at the forum we know how rats work. Is your rat mentioned here at the forum because lots of rats are from Jendouba ? You must be feeling devastated now so I send you a virtual hug xxxx
Hi Butterflies, Thank you for your lovely message. I have not seen him in the forum before, just going by the message left by his ex but as you say Im so glad she found me and ousted him. As Im still trying to get the divorce I do not want to post his name or picture but as soon as I know its final be assured I will have it posted. hehe

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer in Tunisia that can translate to English? I was quoted 1000 Euro and told it would take 6 months.....Does anyone know if this is correct?
I presume you married in Tunisia, did you also register it your country?

This is important to know because if you didn’t register it then tell him to jog on and sort the divorce out himself! No matter what he says to you he will sort it :thumbsup:

MH x

JasmineM

I presume you married in Tunisia, did you also register it your country?

This is important to know because if you didn’t register it then tell him to jog on and sort the divorce out himself! No matter what he says to you he will sort it :thumbsup:

MH x
I still have to find out if we are registered in *******, I went to the registrar in ******** before we marry and to the British embassy in Tunis but I still dont know if that means we are registered here.....I dont think it does as I never went there with our marriage certificate which is only in Arabic

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
I still have to find out if we are registered in ********, I went to the registrar in ******** before we marry and to the British embassy in Tunis but I still dont know if that means we are registered here.....I dont think it does as I never went there with our marriage certificate which is only in Arabic
Tell him to do one and jog on then - unless you have any intention to visit Tunisia with a man then you have nothing to worry about.

Block him and delete him, let him get on with it - you are worth so much more than this rat with his empty words.

MHx

Last edited:

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
How naive we are when visiting Tunisia. We have no idea that the kind attension given by these rats is fake.
You think, what a lovely welcoming culture. You are lured by the accent and manners.
That’s the sad thing and so difficult to get your head round because we have morals but these rats don’t - they are masters at what to say etc, they swap notes with each other to learn the best tactics.

Hard to believe I know.

MH x

Butterflies

Major Ratslayer
Hi Ursula welcome here at the forum. They are indeed great liars pretending they follow the path of Islam. They know their ways with sweet words to attract you in thinking they are nice men. They only want your money. Lowlife scammers who hurt women. Not 1 genuine tunisian man would act this way to a woman. And yes they want respect but don't show any respect to us. I asume you met a rat to?

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Hi Girls
I know for certain now my man is a rat! Ive been married to him for a few years. We are now trying for a divorce but only last week I got a message from his ex who he dated before me to say that he has been with many woman while we has been married to me and that he has been taking money from them all whilst we were together, he has taken thousands from me. He has a girlfriend in ******* called ******** that he has been with for over ten years. Any ideas girls?
Welcome, @JasmineM. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been going through with this man and I’m glad you came here for advice concerning your divorce. I’m sure some members will be able to assist you about the procedure to do. You said he’s from Jendouba. I read here that this is a rat nest. Seems a lot come from there. Disgusting men. Glad he didn’t make it to your country. He can rot at home with his ratty friends.

Ursula

Hi Ursula welcome here at the forum. They are indeed great liars pretending they follow the path of Islam. They know their ways with sweet words to attract you in thinking they are nice men. They only want your money. Lowlife scammers who hurt women. Not 1 genuine tunisian man would act this way to a woman. And yes they want respect but don't show any respect to us. I asume you met a rat to?
Thankyou butterflies. I had no romantic connection to a rat but welcomed one into my family.
They destroy the beautiful people they say they love. In turn cause chaos to the wider family.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Thank you for your lovely message MH. No, we were only just married when he started to show his true colours and would disappear whilst I was there to see his other woman Fatma. Im glad in some ways that we did not apply for the visa because otherwise I would have had to deal with him whilst he was here. I was coping whilst we separated but now so much has come out. I have looked at this site for years but never really believed he was one of them, truly believing he loved me. The reason I am now here is to help other woman from falling into this trap.
Welcome and sorry you learned the hard way but at least did not do the visa thing! ******* seems to be a very common name there. We all have thought they loved us sometimes I wonder how I could have been so gullible so stupid I feel shame when I think of the whole thing now it’s sickening but hopefully you are on the road to recovery!

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Hi Girls
I know for certain now my man is a rat! Ive been married to him for a few years. We are now trying for a divorce but only last week I got a message from his ex who he dated before me to say that he has been with many woman while we has been married to me and that he has been taking money from them all whilst we were together, he has taken thousands from me. He has a girlfriend in ******* called ******* that he has been with for over ten years. Any ideas girls?
Welcome to the forum.....so sorry this has happened to you. It's such a familiar story and it breaks my heart every time I hear it. Always here to listen and help you with the healing process. ♡♡

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Welcome, @JasmineM. I’m so sorry for what you’ve been going through with this man and I’m glad you came here for advice concerning your divorce. I’m sure some members will be able to assist you about the procedure to do. You said he’s from Jendouba. I read here that this is a rat nest. Seems a lot come from there. Disgusting men. Glad he didn’t make it to your country. He can rot at home with his ratty friends.
Yes Jendouba is full of rats...have met a few my self♡♡

Lass

Major Ratslayer
Hi @JasmineM welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you, thank you so much for sharing your experience. Marriage does not need to be registered anymore in the UK like it used to. It is now registered automatically so it really depends how long ago you got married. If it was before the automatic UK registration then I would say just leave it. Divorcing in Tunisia will only benefit him! But if it was afterwards then get a trusted lawyer. I can send you some details for lawyers in Sousse if you wish. Let me know if you want me to PM you. Apart from that stay strong and always remember that you are beautiful, you are worth it all and you are irreplaceable. His loss!

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I still have to find out if we are registered in ********, I went to the registrar in ********* before we marry and to the British embassy in Tunis but I still dont know if that means we are registered here.....I dont think it does as I never went there with our marriage certificate which is only in Arabic
You know you can charge him for adultery if you want to make his life complicated for deceiving you. I’ll ask around and see what advice or lawyer can best help you.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer in Tunisia that can translate to English? I was quoted 1000 Euro and told it would take 6 months.....Does anyone know if this is correct?
I can also suggest a cheaper route if you are set on divorce. Call a translation agency here in Tunisia, they will translate whatever you need cheaper than a law office. Then just have your copies and pay to file.