Welcome to TLR

Rat from Jendouba/Hammamet

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I can also suggest a cheaper route if you are set on divorce. Call a translation agency here in Tunisia, they will translate whatever you need cheaper than a law office. Then just have your copies and pay to file.
But if it is only registered in Tunisia she should not even worry about it he should and he should pay for it . The marriage will only effect him so if I were her I would not worry about it! Let him figure it out maybe he can scam someone else fir the money for the divorce, jerk

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
But if it is only registered in Tunisia she should not even worry about it he should and he should pay for it . The marriage will only effect him so if I were her I would not worry about it! Let him figure it out maybe he can scam someone else fir the money for the divorce, jerk
Same here what I am doing.
It was a sham, the rat gave the judge my money to hurry it through with the hope for me to get fake document called "Affidavit of Marital Status" from Global Affairs not the one that I had from the Canadian embassy and back date it as saying I was single as if it was given before the sham marriage contract.
So I wait for the rat to fix it as in a divorce, It would be too costly to be going anyway to Tunisia and who knows what tricks are up his sleeve.
Because here it does not affect anything at all because it was a sham, negligence and abandonment on his part
The rat tried to prove adultery after 2 years of estrangement LOL, like I am not allowed to someday move on from the rat.
Have yet to see the proof, even a relationship I had before the rat was considered cheating on the rat???
What am I supposed to do, be alone the rest of my life, like live the life of a NUN?
Not doing that neither!
Nothing the rat can do about me in Canada.
The rat can say I broke this rule bla, blah blah from sham marriage contract , and what can the rat do about it when I am here in Canada? LOL
My ex-rat had numerous online affairs, and probably met up with a few in Monastir, Tunisia so good luck with proving all that.
Really its not worth my time, effort to even say or do anything with the vile rat.
, and besides the rat needs to marry another so it would be in the rat's best interest to get a DIVORCE

Last edited:

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
I agree Sabrina, they are married in Tunisia. But still report him so she can have the last laugh. He will not be visiting Fatma from jail.. As an Arab woman I would be so offended by his infidelity, my community would know and my family would know. I’d report him and after that I’d refuse to sign divorce papers only to make him pay more money for divorce and complicate his plans... he will eventually need to remarry, so why not just make it hard.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I agree Sabrina, they are married in Tunisia. But still report him so she can have the last laugh. He will not be visiting Fatma from jail.. As an Arab woman I would be so offended by his infidelity, my community would know and my family would know. I’d report him and after that I’d refuse to sign divorce papers only to make him pay more money for divorce and complicate his plans... he will eventually need to remarry, so why not just make it hard.
I agree let him take care of it because as long as I’m Tunisia he’s married he cannot marry fatma so YES I would totally report and send whatever proof I had but let the hard work and cost be on him!!! She should not have to worry about any expenses or stepping foot in Tunisia again

Amira

Major Ratslayer
How naive we are when visiting Tunisia. We have no idea that the kind attension given by these rats is fake.
You think, what a lovely welcoming culture. You are lured by the accent and manners.
They mention respect for their parents and follow a righteous path.
You are left thinking, what a good lad. Great lyers
Yes we are extremely naive regarding them. But it is difficult to know who is a love rat or not. The best thing is to see the country and get to know their economy. They earn poorly and we are only a source of income for them. I do not support their thinking or actions but I believe that we have not asked ourselves a question. Namely why does he / she choose me? They sometimes start with a hint where they complain about the living conditions that they earn too little and ask for a loan with a prayer that they will pay back etc but how can they pay back when they only earn 500 dinars a month? We would never have lent money to anyone in our own country without knowing the person well enough? I think the honest Tunisians keep their mouths shut if they see something they do not like and therefore the women are not warned in a timely manner. The boy's family or friends will of course support him to get a piece of the cake himself so she is stuck if she puts her foot down from day 1. We are exploited because we do not know either the language or the culture.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
It was a sham, the rat gave the judge my money to hurry it through with the hope for me to get fake document called "Affidavit of Marital Status" from Global Affairs not the one that I had from the Canadian embassy and back date it as saying I was single as if it was given before the sham marriage contract.
So I wait for the rat to fix it as in a divorce, It would be too costly to be going anyway to Tunisia and who knows what tricks are up his sleeve.
Because here it does not affect anything at all because it was a sham, negligence and abandonment on his part
The rat tried to prove adultery after 2 years of estrangement LOL, like I am not allowed to someday move on from the rat.
Have yet to see the proof, even a relationship I had before the rat was considered cheating on the rat???
What am I supposed to do, be alone the rest of my life, like live the life of a NUN?
Not doing that neither!
The rat can say I broke this rule bla, blah blah from sham marriage contract , and what can the rat do about it when I am here in Canada? LOL
My ex-rat had numerous online affairs, and probably met up with a few in Monastir, Tunisia so good luck with proving all that.
Really its not worth my time, effort to even say or do anything with the vile rat.
, and besides the rat needs to marry another so it would be in the rat's best interest to get a DIVORCE
Honey I’d let him squirm in his rot you should not have to do anything as far as he goes, you did everything to make it right ! And as far as going back there ???? The only reason I knew Tunisia was in existence was because of my rat . So if not for him I never would’ve gone there and I never will it’s just not a convenient holiday for me it’s very far from me as I’m sure it is you too!

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yes we are extremely naive regarding them. But it is difficult to know who is a love rat or not. The best thing is to see the country and get to know their economy. They earn poorly and we are only a source of income for them. I do not support their thinking or actions but I believe that we have not asked ourselves a question. Namely why does he / she choose me? They sometimes start with a hint where they complain about the living conditions that they earn too little and ask for a loan with a prayer that they will pay back etc but how can they pay back when they only earn 500 dinars a month? We would never have lent money to anyone in our own country without knowing the person well enough? I think the honest Tunisians keep their mouths shut if they see something they do not like and therefore the women are not warned in a timely manner. The boy's family or friends will of course support him to get a piece of the cake himself so she is stuck if she puts her foot down from day 1. We are exploited because we do not know either the language or the culture.
It should be easy to know they are a love rat when it’s on line because who in their right mind loves someone they just met on line in a week?? The money starts later once they have persuaded you that they like you by then you like them.. I never knew their culture existed until my online rat

Last edited:

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
What about these hotels that look the other way when the single rats fool around?
I had a sham marriage with the rat, never stopped him form being unfaithful.

He was even thinking of meeting up with ex in a bar in Tunis which he probably did , hmm what a shameful rat.
This rat can't even stay faithful to his word LOL his shameful actions say it all.
I know the rules against this, but money talks and others shut their mouth and look the other way.
Pretty sure my ex-rat does this and just tells the parents he has another separate room when
he actually doesn't
And this rat comes off as a saint, hmmm so much I don't know
What a shameful bunch!!

Last edited:

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Not doing that neither!
He’s full of shite... his aim is to make you afraid to move on in case he needs something later down the line. The “marriage” is void as religion wise abandonment is seen as a big no no. They are all bark and no bite

Ursula

Yes Amira it is difficult to know who are love rats or not. The occasional story appears in the media but this doesn't seem relevant when faced with a charming young man the same age.
He mentions his hopes and dreams and if you are financially well enough off, you can support him.
As the relationship grows stronger and the visits back to Tunisia increase, the next step is marriage.
Not for a minute does it occur to you that you are now paying for his company.
The economy of the country becomes quite obvious but love is blind and not for one minute do you think you are being exploited. Those Rose coloured spectacles are firmly fixed.

Tinker-lulu

Major Ratslayer
Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer in Tunisia that can translate to English? I was quoted 1000 Euro and told it would take 6 months.....Does anyone know if this is correct?
Absolutely right Amira, what worries me is that the holiday have started again and there will be more victims of these rats!
Economically Tunisia doesn’t look that good and many ladies travelling on their own will be targets.
I hope they have enough sense not to fall for their “sweet words” and fall in their trap :(

Amira

Major Ratslayer
Understand well that it is easy to fall in love and that love makes one blind. The problem is that women often think that it is not so bad if they pay double for food taxi etc because they think that there is little money for them but the problem is the traditions and the culture. The tourist areas do not show the real Tunisia but it is up in the media how women become victims for these men so really bezness should be a familiar topic for many. 90 days fiance also says a lot about different cultures. Think that many people think that their type is different and that he is an honest guy because they can not see clearly what is going on around them. But often the signals are right in front of them.

confuseddotcom

Major Ratslayer
Understand well that it is easy to fall in love and that love makes one blind. The problem is that women often think that it is not so bad if they pay double for food taxi etc because they think that there is little money for them but the problem is the traditions and the culture. The tourist areas do not show the real Tunisia but it is up in the media how women become victims for these men so really bezness should be a familiar topic for many. 90 days fiance also says a lot about different cultures. Think that many people think that their type is different and that he is an honest guy because they can not see clearly what is going on around them. But often the signals are right in front of them.
Yes the trouble with paying double is that it signifies a lack of respect . They wouldn’t dare overcharge or rip off a woman they took seriously, she’d be honoured and protected. It’s one thing to deceive us but for their friends and communities to be involved in the process is just rude. As you said it’s easy to feel sorry for them but if a man can cheat a woman over the price of a taxi or flat, then he can cheat her in so many other ways :(

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Yes the trouble with paying double is that it signifies a lack of respect . They wouldn’t dare overcharge or rip off a woman they took seriously, she’d be honoured and protected. It’s one thing to deceive us but for their friends and communities to be involved in the process is just rude. As you said it’s easy to feel sorry for them but if a man can cheat a woman over the price of a taxi or flat, then he can cheat her in so many other ways :(
TOTALLY....as they do and will continue

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
It's actually a legal requirement that taxi drivers put their meters on so always insist they do, always agree a price before undertaking any excursions and book with a reputable company.

Never trust anyone to book your apartment for you, always use a reputable agent or Air BnB - you must also inform the police where you are staying if not in a hotel.

MH x

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
It's actually a legal requirement that taxi drivers put their meters on so always insist they do, always agree a price before undertaking any excursions and book with a reputable company.

Never trust anyone to book your apartment for you, always use a reputable agent or Air BnB - you must also inform the police where you are staying if not in a hotel.

MH x
Amira is true though in thinking these guys will easily cheat foreigners but not their own. I saw this even in USA. I wear hijab, went into gas station to get a snack and when I put it in the counter the guy told me in Arabic not to pay, don’t worry and bless you my dear sister. Tunisia it’s an unspoken rule amongst everyone to get what they can get while the money is flowing. And although we do have laws here to protect foreign people from getting ripped off... they still do it and convince you everything is ok... from taxi to legal service. It’s sad but it happens all over the world, Tunisian just take advantage more.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer

MH x
The moment you open your mouth and they hear English the price will be different for you. Apartments... once they know you will be on holiday from Europe you all of a sudden need to pay 40 dinar “ viewing fee”... My husband swears restaurants have menus with local price and foreign price, if you ever come here just ask for menu in Arabic and compare... I have and the prices differ by like 10 dinar per plate.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer

MH x
Yep the rat was in control...I did none of the above! Of course I didn’t know tlr

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Yep the rat was in control...I did none of the above! Of course I didn’t know tlr
Only you learn from mistake, I’m sure going forward you will make all your own arrangements in any country or situation because you encountered a sly liar here. But as many women trust the man they love, you assumed he’d handle the details,... he did handle it into his pocket. I’ll tell you we Muslims are like all other people and religions backgrounds ( regardless what you’ve heard) among us is hypocrites and sinners. These guys try to come off as halal respectful men, but I know my religion and never I heard or was taught as a child to take advantage of non believers. They will answer for this sins they do, one prayer at the mosque once in 1 year can’t erase the sin.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Only you learn from mistake, I’m sure going forward you will make all your own arrangements in any country or situation because you encountered a sly liar here. But as many women trust the man they love, you assumed he’d handle the details,... he did handle it into his pocket. I’ll tell you we Muslims are like all other people and religions backgrounds ( regardless what you’ve heard) among us is hypocrites and sinners. These guys try to come off as halal respectful men, but I know my religion and never I heard or was taught as a child to take advantage of non believers. They will answer for this sins they do, one prayer at the mosque once in 1 year can’t erase the sin.
yes, the rats use religion to further their deception.
Everything my ex-rat did was the exact opposite of what a good Muslim man is.
Oh I sinned today he says, then goes out to feed the poor as recompense only on Ramadan.
Never seen him pray once to God while I was there in Tunisia.
Although I am certainly not perfect, this one feels nothing when he does these bad things to the victims over and over again.
No remorse, no guilt just carry on deceiving, sinning and pretending.
No love in his heart, no respect for the parents because he lies to them, no respect for the lives of others and still he thrives to this day!
One day there will be accountability on his part.
So he takes advantage of victims, but also of his own and his promises are empty.
Who abandons their partner and calls themselves a Muslim?
Like any religion, either you live it or you don't.

Aisha1

Major Ratslayer
Oh I sinned today he says, then goes out to feed the poor as recompense only on Ramadan.
Although I am certainly not perfect, this one feels nothing when he does these bad things to the victims over and over again.
No love in his heart, no respect for the parents because he lies to them, no respect for the lives of others and still he thrives to this day!
So he takes advantage of victims, but also of his own and his promises are empty.
Regardless of religion, where is his morals, respect and accountability? People know right from wrong, they can be raised by good people or bad people,... all comes down to him as a person.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Regardless of religion, where is his morals, respect and accountability? People know right from wrong, they can be raised by good people or bad people,... all comes down to him as a person.
You are right @Aisha1 , regardless of religion one should know the difference between right and wrong.
Only he should be to blame for his bad actions, whether he had rejection or a bad childhood, is no excuse to treat others so badly.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
I know it was him but his brother helping him (and he’s very bad) I do not understand arabic so felt I had no choice. Yes I learned for sure. Regardless the religion there are hypocrites in all unfortunately and yes I know we believe the wrong meant to hurt people will be punished/karma call it whatever works but what goes around comes around. I’m not sure why they use their religion like they do that’s wrong too, misconception for sure but no 1 prayer is good but will not have take away all especially when they pray then go call the female in the next breath with the crap they use

Ursula

Dear Aisha, I think the world over tries to make a profit from the tourist. In my city restaurants and venues have increased prices during summer months. Even taxi fares increase. The opportunistic thief is also around.
I just can't get my head around why so many resorts have these rats and use a romantic angle to succeed.
They are not just summer gigoloes but lead you to believe they are God fearing men and would never disgrace their parents. They are pathological liars.
I don't doubt some women will go to Tunisia for a holiday fling. But these rats are using phycological tactics, by politely approaching and chatting and coyly asking for your contact details before you return home. Very respectable.
I believe you when you say you are not taught to take advantage of non believers.
It's difficult when you are a believer in your own faith and respect other faiths to come across these rats.

yougogirl75

Major Ratslayer
Although it is well known the rats take advantage of the victims, they also take advantage of their own people.
As it comes down to them, if their character is to lie, steal and deceive they will also to this to those around them.
For example, going in a store knowing you cannot pay for the items, telling the owner you will pay next time.
The rat knowing he cannot pay and will not pay, this is like stealing but on a small scale.
Of course it all starts with lies as this is all he ever did all his life and it has worked in some cases.

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
Dear Aisha, I think the world over tries to make a profit from the tourist. In my city restaurants and venues have increased prices during summer months. Even taxi fares increase. The opportunistic thief is also around.
I just can't get my head around why so many resorts have these rats and use a romantic angle to succeed.
They are not just summer gigoloes but lead you to believe they are God fearing men and would never disgrace their parents. They are pathological liars.
I don't doubt some women will go to Tunisia for a holiday fling. But these rats are using phycological tactics, by politely approaching and chatting and coyly asking for your contact details before you return home. Very respectable.
I believe you when you say you are not taught to take advantage of non believers.
It's difficult when you are a believer in your own faith and respect other faiths to come across these rats.
I think they are empty after one thing money / visa same thing people like these creatures do not have a heart or a soul otherwise they would not be this way they have no regrets about what they have done to another human being .. I think also covid has had some effect on prices rising especially there where they were shut down . Probably worse this year

Ursula

Sabrina

Major Ratslayer
advantage of non believers.
Non believers????? For real? They take advantage of anyone that has feet and walks dress or pants!!