Rat hygiene.

Snuggle

Junior Rat Expert
I slept under a table cloth once at my rats family home. They all sleep in the living room under blankets without sheets and I didn’t want them dirty blankets touching my skin. Luckily I took a table cloth from my house to use when going for a pick nick. I slept under it so the blankets wouldn’t touch me.
Now I think why did I put up with all this brown substance for such a long time. Thanks to this site I got the strength to get away from him.

Bostons

Inactive
I slept under a table cloth once at my rats family home. They all sleep in the living room under blankets without sheets and I didn’t want them dirty blankets touching my skin. Luckily I took a table cloth from my house to use when going for a pick nick. I slept under it so the blankets wouldn’t touch me.
Now I think why did I put up with all this brown substance for such a long time. Thanks to this site I got the strength to get away from him.
Curious, is it common for rat families to sleep all together in one room? When do these rats have time to play with their tiny zibs? :p

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Curious, is it common for rat families to sleep all together in one room? When do these rats have time to play with their tiny zibs? :p
Mine didn’t in the village house, there was a bedroom for me and dickhead, a bedroom for his parents, a spare bedroom that was a dumping ground, his brother and sister slept on sofas in the living room. I found it strange the spare room wasn’t used.

In the new rental place in Ezzahra, the house was like a cupboard....there was just one bedroom, which the parents used, two sofas and a mattress on the tiny living room floor for the three kids.

I know many families do all sleep in the same room though, which I find weird. At the height of summer, my rat family often slept on the front porch on mattresses, but not me, as I was a mosquito banquet :(

I guess they go to the bathroom, but who knows what goes on under those itchy blankets ;)

F

Former Member 4

Mine didn’t in the village house, there was a bedroom for me and dickhead, a bedroom for his parents, a spare bedroom that was a dumping ground, his brother and sister slept on sofas in the living room. I found it strange the spare room wasn’t used.

In the new rental place in Ezzahra, the house was like a cupboard....there was just one bedroom, which the parents used, two sofas and a mattress on the tiny living room floor for the three kids.

I know many families do all sleep in the same room though, which I find weird. At the height of summer, my rat family often slept on the front porch on mattresses, but not me, as I was a mosquito banquet :(

I guess they go to the bathroom, but who knows what goes on under those itchy blankets ;)
What a sad situation.
I understand why my classmates used to tell me im lucky to have my own bedroom.

Members of this website are more honest when they talk about Tunisia than tunisian themselves who prefer to lie about their situation and play the ostrich.

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
but in Tunisia, we didn't have a bath.....only in some of the rented places.....so I settled for multiple showers instead :)
My shower in Djerba only dripped when on full power! It took forever to rinse my hair! The water pressure was non existent! Oh the life I lived in Tunisia! :rolleyes:He took my thousands of US dollars and acted like it cost bundles! It was a dump! :(Never again! :thumbsup:

Myriam1

Hygiene is pretty low in Tunisia, might it be individual or in community...
Although I've seen worse in black Africa.
But still, for me sleeping in your daily clothes at night is for me shocking and so not done. Also one bath a week (in the hammam) is so disgusting to me. As for the behaviour while sneezing and so...awful!