Rat hygiene.

Derbygirl

We were Tunis, but a suburb called Ezzahra and a village called Khelidia....they were dives!
In Ezzahra, mostly people paid no attention to me, but they all thought I was Tunisian anyway.
In the village, I was like the local freakin attraction, as it's small, so everybody knew I was the English woman...and they had mostly not ever seen an English woman before.

I'm telling ya....it was phlegm! :D:D
Every day, on waking up...my rat would go into the KITCHEN and make these strange, guttural sounds from the base of his throat....it was so loud!! Then he would spit the phlegm into the kitchen sink :eek:
It made me and his mother gag!
I've seen these behaviours from them in England too.
I used to run the F&F clothing department...they used to do it and it landed on the clothes and floor :eek:
Our waste bill was through the roof, so we were taught to wipe them down with baby wipes when possible...and put them back on display :eek:
Bare that in mind next time you're in the fitting room of a clothes store, trying on outfits :D

And sheep! The village was full of goats and sheep....huge herds of them casually strolling down the street :D
Hilarious!!

Heidi

Inactive
Fortunately I havent been that much involved with a rat, but I often get pretty desperat messages where they after the initial "Hi" tells me that they will spend their life with me (or marry me) and that they dont care about my age. Without knowing a single detail about me or even if there is a match :eek:
but there is :D "If You Got The Money I've Got The Time"

april

mine was clean ocd with the kitchen he would wash up after me said i didn't do it properly his familyhome clean as was his family I truly didn't look at the home and think bad I can adapt to anything just can't deal with a cheat

Mango Chutney

Staff member
mine was clean ocd with the kitchen he would wash up after me said i didn't do it properly his familyhome clean as was his family I truly didn't look at the home and think bad I can adapt to anything just can't deal with a cheat
Mine was OCD with the house too! Seems so strange, because he was so dirty in body :confused:
His mother cooked and cleaned 24/7.....she'd even wake up throughout the night to feed the pampered princes :rolleyes:
The family home was clean, very sparsely furnished....but the kitchen was poor, really poor....and impossible to clean properly without chemicals.

april

mine not dirty in body showered twice day clean. clothes hated dirty smelly people he was very clean in everything just a cheat for money he told me I'm simple true man lol I believed him we did live simple when I was there we was happt cook together play cards cuddle watch tv never wanted to go out we overdoing our little shopping together that's why I'm surprised he used this woman for money and then brought me stuff said he got extra from work

Mango Chutney

Staff member
mine not dirty in body showered twice day clean. clothes hated dirty smelly people he was very clean in everything just a cheat for money he told me I'm simple true man lol I believed him we did live simple when I was there we was happt cook together play cards cuddle watch tv never wanted to go out we overdoing our little shopping together that's why I'm surprised he used this woman for money and then brought me stuff said he got extra from work
Yeah, it was the simple life that I liked. Occasionally we'd go out for coffee, but mostly, like you, card playing, looking through photo albums, washing and straightening my hair together, just chatting, watching TV etc. It was nice at the beginning...but he changed.
I have no idea whose money he used to buy all my gifts with...but I don't think it was his own.
Of course, with my rat, there later came a very dark side.
Were you also the marriage and visa victim?

Mystery

Inactive
Now I understand that water is some times turned off in these countries but bloody hell go in the sea for God's sake. They smell they underwear and put them back on , women and men alike. They also hide they underwear when they are washed out of site of the man and woman. I was only allowed to shower a few times in 3 months. Rat was pretty clean washed his face brushed his teeth but clothes was not changed shower very rare. In fact he mentioned while staying at a hotel. Wow other western people change they clothes each day. Mmmmn of course lol.

Mango Chutney

Staff member
They smell they underwear and put them back on
Haha, not my filthy fecker....he just never took them off at all...day or night :D
I was only allowed to shower a few times in 3 months.
Really?? :eek: Omg, I was in that shower two/three/four times a day...the heat and the dust in that village was obscene....how did you cope?!! :eek:
In fact he mentioned while staying at a hotel. Wow other western people change they clothes each day.
Ha, mine was shocked too!! When I moved over....I thought my three big suitcases were barely anything...but he was shocked at how many clothes I had, that I wore fresh clothes daily. His face when I told him I'd hardly really brought anything was a picture :D
They hardly have any clothes at all, just wear the same ones over and over. My rats red gingham shorts are quite legendary on this site :D

Laura2014

Staff member
Haha, not my filthy fecker....he just never took them off at all...day or night :D

Really?? :eek: Omg, I was in that shower two/three/four times a day...the heat and the dust in that village was obscene....how did you cope?!! :eek:

Ha, mine was shocked too!! When I moved over....I thought my three big suitcases were barely anything...but he was shocked at how many clothes I had, that I wore fresh clothes daily. His face when I told him I'd hardly really brought anything was a picture :D
They hardly have any clothes at all, just wear the same ones over and over. My rats red gingham shorts are quite legendary on this site :D
He’s probably still wearing them.

april

known mine for 7years never wanted visa he wanted to stay in sousse but yes we spoke of marriage engaged glad I didn't after finding out he was with this woman two weeks then she sent him money he brought me stuff for when I went over i truly don't understand we brought stuff together .he brought a fire heater for our flat .had he asked I would have shared with him to buy it

Mystery

Inactive
My life was hell unless you lived it no one would believe you. We take so much for granted in our Western countries.
Sad to say all these women who think they found the dream man the excitement from they normal daily lives the thrill of the attention the words they say just to catch you. I was one of these even though I had plenty of admiras in the UK Canada I still thought this guy is the special one. You get married and you think wow he married me he loves me so much. Family and friends treat you like a queen at first. Then the reality steps in, wtf am I doing here being ordered around as if I'm shit on they shoes. Living in hell, the beach is out of the question shopping on your own or you don't get to go shopping. You see how they treat the women like slaves and don't ever think your no 1 oh no they family comes before you always. Don't bother to complain about anything waste of time. If your in contact with your family you will see them happy showing you everything they bought while you put on a brave face and lie your having a wonderful time.
I woke up and smelled the coffee.
Took me a long time but I have come to terms with my nightmare life. We can laugh but we give so much for feck all.
And to be honest it's killing me to think I was used and abused. :(:coffee:

Laura2014

Staff member
My life was hell unless you lived it no one would believe you. We take so much for granted in our Western countries.
Sad to say all these women who think they found the dream man the excitement from they normal daily lives the thrill of the attention the words they say just to catch you. I was one of these even though I had plenty of admiras in the UK Canada I still thought this guy is the special one. You get married and you think wow he married me he loves me so much. Family and friends treat you like a queen at first. Then the reality steps in, wtf am I doing here being ordered around as if I'm shit on they shoes. Living in hell, the beach is out of the question shopping on your own or you don't get to go shopping. You see how they treat the women like slaves and don't ever think your no 1 oh no they family comes before you always. Don't bother to complain about anything waste of time. If your in contact with your family you will see them happy showing you everything they bought while you put on a brave face and lie your having a wonderful time.
I woke up and smelled the coffee.
Took me a long time but I have come to terms with my nightmare life. We can laugh but we give so much for feck all.
And to be honest it's killing me to think I was used and abused. :(:coffee:
@Katelynn Smith please take note.

F

Former Member 4

But how often do they really brush their teeth? I’m a little disturbed now lol
Once a day for "normal / standard" tunisians.
But rats never brush their teeth, you have to only look at the teeth to understand the lvl of dirtiness, some of them dont even replace broken / lost tooth..

When you brush your teeth after lunch, most people will look at you like you are crazy..

Canadian_N8tive

Junior Rat Expert
Once a day for "normal / standard" tunisians.
But rats never brush their teeth, you have to only look at the teeth to understand the lvl of dirtiness, some of them dont even replace broken / lost tooth..

When you brush your teeth after lunch, most people will look at you like you are crazy..
Oh my god

Mango Chutney

Staff member
I did shower everyday. They laughed at me alot. Making jokes that i couldnt possibly have gotten dirty in less than 24 hours lol
They laughed at me too. In the height of summer, I'd shower twice a day. During certain 'lady' weeks in that heat, I'd shower sometimes three times a day....I was looked at like a weirdo. Brushing my teeth after breakfast and before sleep was also deemed weird. They are dirty, these rats.....real dirty :thumbsup:

Canadian_N8tive

Junior Rat Expert
They laughed at me too. In the height of summer, I'd shower twice a day. During certain 'lady' weeks in that heat, I'd shower sometimes three times a day....I was looked at like a weirdo. Brushing my teeth after breakfast and before sleep was also deemed weird. They are dirty, these rats.....real dirty :thumbsup:
Well I guess that we would all be considered weirdos lol

spartacus

Junior Rat Expert
I would have lived in the shower had I been there in the summer. Lol. I dont do well in extreme heat :)

Top Bottom