Recognize him?

Laura2014

Staff Member and frightfully nice rat catcher
Staff member
We started chatting on Facebook after being friends for some time...a year? It recently started turning more romantically charged. I'm older, but by less than 10 years I will say. I am in my 30s, not looking for love. I live in North America. He works for Leoni, a wire manufacturer for European car companies. He says hes content with life. Never asked me for money, or to move etc. We talk about all kinds of things but none of the typical stuff I've seen posted. I don't want to say anything bad about him because I don't know him. I found this site when I was curious of flight costs. I'm not struggling financially, quite the opposite but he doesn't know my financial business. I'm not deluded, but was shocked to find this as a business. I would still take a trip down there but because the beaches look lush. :)
The beaches in Spain, Greece, canaries are just as nice. Step off the beach or away from the hotel in Tunisia and the facade slips dramatically. Spend your money somewhere safer.

Tiger

@tutusandfrogs Tiger here. There are many things that is not easy to see and figure out when it comes to how beznes works. And spesial for us who comes from western countries. You must first of all understand the culture in Tunisia. A genuine tunisian man will never start any relation online. That is not a maybe. That is a fact. The guys who start a relation via Internett and even serch for western women this way do it for one reason and one reason only. Visa and benefits. Dont be foold he have not Ask for money. They learn. But i also guess he have not tell you he is ready to pay for your traveling expences and a hoteroom for you? A genuin tunisian man would never ask you to come visit him Like this he show you no respect. And it is a total no go in his culture. You are from US? That is the new target to get the dream come true for them. They have target europe for many years. But they have big problem getting a visa approve here even they are married So the ultimate dream is the green card. When he ask you to come that is the first step on the long goal. Dont fall for it. In reality you have no clue what you get yourself involve in here. If you want yourself in a bad situation and want to get finance problem. Go ahead. But if you have any common sense you end this impossible dream now. You see the world true your western eyes! Forget that! It does not work that way there. You talk about not so big age gap? Yes in our countries. But there it is not accepted. Stop dreaming girl. Wake up! To use the words from a song .... you are on the highway to hell if you are stupid enought to go to Tunisia. It is no fairytale there. Put a higher price on yourself girl. Dont be any mans cash cow

Last edited:

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
I would still take a trip down there but because the beaches look lush. :)
They sure do :thumbsup:

17104B94-AA5B-48C0-9ACB-C832D84B61A5.JPG

Be sure to wear an Abaya and hijab for sunbathing and swimming....unless you wish to be judged a Western woman of loose morals.

And for God's sake....don't dare walk a street or two away from the plastic tourist streets.....real life awaits:

32789CA6-BB70-4363-A75A-28504539A5FA.JPG

Isn't it divine!! That's the stuff they don't show in tourist brochures, nor on ratty FB accounts.

Please do read the first three posts of this thread....so you are not fooled as I was:

https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/visa-hunting-tunisian-love-rats.4534/

Oh....my rat claimed he was not religious....he gifted me a family copy of the Qu'ran shortly before I left him :thumbsup:

Mystery

I am leaving my country today, I need to go 2 north African countries.
I can tell you straight, if I had a chance I would go to hell rather than set foot in these counties.
They are Muslims born and bred they do not leave thier religion or the values that go with it.
It's a night mare just ask Khalid haha.

Laura2014

Staff Member and frightfully nice rat catcher
Staff member
Hes not in that area.
Attacks have occurred in all parts of Tunisia, tourist areas, tourists and military have been the main targets.

Rats will always tell you that it’s safe and that there are lots of police and military around. That’s true they stop and search Tunisians all the time especially if a Tunisian man is with a foreign tourist. Do you really want to go to a place where there are armed guards on the beach. Baracades at the front of all hotels and police road checks and con men in every hotel waiting in line for naive tourists!

Go to Italy, Greece, Spain, beautiful beaches and fewer con men because they have freedom to travel.

Mystery

Attacks have occurred in all parts of Tunisia, tourist areas, tourists and military have been the main targets.

Rats will always tell you that it’s safe and that there are lots of police and military around. That’s true they stop and search Tunisians all the time especially if a Tunisian man is with a foreign tourist. Do you really want to go to a place where there are armed guards on the beach. Baracades at the front of all hotels and police road checks and con men in every hotel waiting in line for naive tourists!

Go to Italy, Greece, Spain, beautiful beaches and fewer con men because they have freedom to travel.
You just need to go to the capital to see tanks on the street.

tutusandfrogs

Why did you remove the picture? Have you searched the gallery?

Can’t help if we can’t see him. You can always send a picture to a well known member who can help you search?
I felt guilty sharing the picture.. especially since I'm not really in a relationship but the potential of that happening prior to this site was definitely there. Who is a well known member that can help?

Mango Chutney

Staff Member
You just need to go to the capital to see tanks on the street.
Ya....tons of them!! The shites wouldn't let me take a photo of the tanks :Cry:
They also wanted me to delete a pic I took of a building in the city centre....I didn't understand, so just said ok.
As we walked away, twat rat informed me that my pic was of the French Embassy and photos were not allowed!
Well I didn't bloody know....it just looked like a posh house behind a fence...I still have that dang pic somewhere :D
Also, outside Hammamet medina.....shit loads of armed police and military....also at Bardo museum. I did not find this even slightly reassuring....it made me feel on edge.
Yesterday saw the arrests of more terrorists in Tunisia, plus the discovery of more explosives...it's a sure thing I'd never return there again...three terror attacks were enough! :eek:

http://jordantimes.com/news/region/‘tunisia-arrests-12-suspected-daesh-members-dismantles-cells’

Top Bottom