Recognize him?

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by tutusandfrogs, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

I promise you his mother and father are not atheists.

2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Quote: "Exercise caution in all parts of Tunisia when frequenting public venues, especially those heavily frequented by tourists, such as hotels, shopping centers, tourist sites, public beaches, and restaurants"

3. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

I know theyre not.

4. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

And, any children will be Muslim...

AmberHeart and Mystery like this.
  5. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

Yes, caution in the area.

Jisela likes this.
  6. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Then, you need to understand his cultural values much better before you make a decision on this man. That's what I would suggest before you go any further.

AmberHeart and Mango Chutney like this.
  7. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

I haven't given anything up at this point... but things have changed for me since finding this site.

AmberHeart and Jisela like this.
  8. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

You will not change cultural and cultural value programming. Do not overestimate yourself in this situation. And, by the way, men and women in Tunisia do not have open dating relationships. The women in Tunisia stay at home, completely protected by their families... unless they are... as they are called on the streets and by the men... "whores." These women are easily gang raped and often are, sometimes even by the police. Proceed very cautiously.

9. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Men marry younger Tunisian virgins when they have established themselves. And many, many, many of them love "cake" as democratic men and women are called, for producing money and opportunities, and the ultimate gateway for immigration. After they claim all of these things, they return like robin hood prince of thieves to BUY the Tunisian Muslim virgin, and have children. That is the cultural and religious expectation of Tunisian society. So, you have a few options (and there are even worse ones)... you will be cake, or you will be the wife (who is still expected to submit to her husband and turn over the goods and provide the opportunity), or you will be one of many, many "girlfriends."

10. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

Thank you for all the advice.

11. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

Protect yourself and be safe. :love:

Judithlyn, Mystery and AmberHeart like this.
  12. MaterialGirl

MaterialGirl Well-Known Member

Mine said the same exact thing. It is just a BIG lie to excuse their behaviour. So we do not question their actions or question why they do not act according to their culture, religion, society or background. At the end of the day, culture is a big part of any society and how it is shaped. He can take the religion out the equation but he is still Tunisian and from an Islamic country. With Islamic ideology. If you come to their country you would have to respect their way of living and their traditions, your opinion will never matter. Are you ready to become part of such complex society? Just something to consider before continuing talking to someone who might not be worth your days.

Judithlyn, juicyfruit, smiley and 3 others like this.
  13. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

@tutusandfrogs, so if you were looking just at flight costs to Tunisia, where were you going to stay? :)

14. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

Thank you. :)

15. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

a resort.

16. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

The beaches in Spain, Greece, canaries are just as nice. Step off the beach or away from the hotel in Tunisia and the facade slips dramatically. Spend your money somewhere safer.

AmberHeart, Judithlyn, smiley and 3 others like this.
  17. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yes, Sousse is a resort, but I mean, will you stay with his family, in an apartment or in a hotel?

AmberHeart and Mystery like this.
  18. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

I would only stay in a hotel.

19. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

20. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

"...in a sample of 3,873 Tunisian women aged 18 to 64, 74.5 percent percent of single women reported experiencing violence in public spaces during the four last years (2011 to 2015)."

21. Jisela

Jisela Well-Known Member

This is probably overkill at this point, and you will research many of these topics anyways... but the men value a Tunisian woman's virginity so much that this is also important to understand...

In Tunisia, young women are expected to be virgins when they marry, leading to a growing trade in hymen reconstruction surgery.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-40288822

22. tutusandfrogs

tutusandfrogs Member

That's gross.

23. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

@tutusandfrogs Tiger here. There are many things that is not easy to see and figure out when it comes to how beznes works. And spesial for us who comes from western countries. You must first of all understand the culture in Tunisia. A genuine tunisian man will never start any relation online. That is not a maybe. That is a fact. The guys who start a relation via Internett and even serch for western women this way do it for one reason and one reason only. Visa and benefits. Dont be foold he have not Ask for money. They learn. But i also guess he have not tell you he is ready to pay for your traveling expences and a hoteroom for you? A genuin tunisian man would never ask you to come visit him Like this he show you no respect. And it is a total no go in his culture. You are from US? That is the new target to get the dream come true for them. They have target europe for many years. But they have big problem getting a visa approve here even they are married So the ultimate dream is the green card. When he ask you to come that is the first step on the long goal. Dont fall for it. In reality you have no clue what you get yourself involve in here. If you want yourself in a bad situation and want to get finance problem. Go ahead. But if you have any common sense you end this impossible dream now. You see the world true your western eyes! Forget that! It does not work that way there. You talk about not so big age gap? Yes in our countries. But there it is not accepted. Stop dreaming girl. Wake up! To use the words from a song .... you are on the highway to hell if you are stupid enought to go to Tunisia. It is no fairytale there. Put a higher price on yourself girl. Dont be any mans cash cow

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Amira, Judithlyn, Beverley and 9 others like this.
  24. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

They sure do :thumbsup:

17104B94-AA5B-48C0-9ACB-C832D84B61A5.JPG

Be sure to wear an Abaya and hijab for sunbathing and swimming....unless you wish to be judged a Western woman of loose morals.

And for God's sake....don't dare walk a street or two away from the plastic tourist streets.....real life awaits:

32789CA6-BB70-4363-A75A-28504539A5FA.JPG

Isn't it divine!! That's the stuff they don't show in tourist brochures, nor on ratty FB accounts.

Please do read the first three posts of this thread....so you are not fooled as I was:

https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/visa-hunting-tunisian-love-rats.4534/

Oh....my rat claimed he was not religious....he gifted me a family copy of the Qu'ran shortly before I left him :thumbsup:

Judithlyn, Beverley, Liona and 5 others like this.
  25. Mystery

Mystery Well-Known Member

I am leaving my country today, I need to go 2 north African countries.
    I can tell you straight, if I had a chance I would go to hell rather than set foot in these counties.
    They are Muslims born and bred they do not leave thier religion or the values that go with it.
    It's a night mare just ask Khalid haha.

Amira, Judithlyn, Liona and 4 others like this.