Reformed Rats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pussycatz

Personally, I haven’t asked you one single question

I haven’t asked you one single question, not in this thread, not even before, not I have ever called you a troll. Read the first words of my post. Vehemently hateful? I don’t even know what you’re talking about.
i just said that personally, I don’t think your conversation should be here. It’s my opinion and may not be everyone’s opinions and it has nothing to do whatsoever with my own experience as I have never dated a rat or any Tunisian man in my life. Think of the women who are victims of these rats but are not sure if they are and who come here. I don’t believe that a person who is already confused needs to read that. If you’re happy, good for you, but what are you here for? First, you had questions, now you don’t have any more. Great. Some members are happily married and they are here but the difference is they are here to help others.
Hi Southern Girl if you have never dated a Tunisian man rat or otherwise I’m curious as to what drew you to TLR? You seem to have a big knowledge of rat behaviours.

simple

Ratslayer
Hi and hope you enjoy the different viewpoints here and join in the debates. I thought my Fiancé was one of the good guys when I first came across this forum over 3 years ago but I had to join when his demands increased from the simple Island boy to a conniving greedy suspect rat and now I’m pretty sure he’s a master rat cos he’s had me fooled. I still can’t catch him out on cheating but definitely his maths and mine don’t add up. I almost left this forum as the truth hurts when wearing blinkers. And some ladies blatantly laughed at my situation, but the majority gave sound advice. However instead of being a sensible person I opened a thread on reformed rats. My Fiancé did try and defend himself as I said I suspect he’s a rat and he asked who told me this and I said the forum and come on here but was blocked before he could say much. His name was Zizou. He’s not in the rats gallery because as I say he’s a suspect rat. He is showing ratty traits as in expectation that Western women have bought his friends Cars, houses, bikes and monthly support whereas he hasn’t said it I must be a mean one only spending on 10 x 4 star holidays the odd 5 star in the beginning and a measly 3k to boot over 3 years. How hard done can he be?! Well that’s my life savings depleting! So if you know him or his friends are reading this I really don’t care! Yes I will try n reform his peer group pressure and I thought I was making good progress until yesterday when he bemoaned how poor he was to maybe not renew Internet living in his big brothers mansion of a house n accompanying farm. I must have had brown substance in my eyes all these years right up till my rescue flight home last March I still gave him a big bonus at the airport! I’m not a hideous creature living in a remote part of the World that I have to buy a man’s affection. I live in London and thought I was fairly intelligent. I’m in fact learning I’m a walking contradiction. One rule for him and another for Savvy City men! Who incidentally would still buy me a drink and the odd wink at my advanced age. No Botox required. Just good genes. So why do I think I have to rescue him? Sorry just venting!
Ae you seeing the light @Pussycatz ??? Do you now begin to realsie you deserve better than him,,someone to take care of you finacially ,,Did you say he was blocked on here before because his name was Zizou ??Is he THE Zizou of Port El Kantaoui ?? Otherwise why would he be blocked,,??

simple

Ratslayer
Hi Southern Girl if you have never dated a Tunisian man rat or otherwise I’m curious as to what drew you to TLR? You seem to have a big knowledge of rat behaviours.
Prehaps shes in the know ,through someone elses experience,,Whatever ,its up to her to tell us when she wants ,She has been nothing but respectful to all of us and she deserves the same in kind...I know your only asking out of curiosity ,but let her tell us in her own time,,,

SouthernGirl

I
Prehaps shes in the know ,through someone elses experience,,Whatever ,its up to her to tell us when she wants ,She has been nothing but respectful to all of us and she deserves the same in kind...I know your only asking out of curiosity ,but let her tell us in her own time,,,
Thank you, Simple. Some of us here didn’t have a relationship with a rat but we have enough knowledge of them to be able to help others. I appreciate your kind and supportive comment and I’m going to answer Pussycatz and explain why I know well what BeznessIs and how rats think and operate.

SouthernGirl

It’s exactly that. My friend had a relationship with a rat and someone else I knew in the 90ies married a Tunisian guy who turned out to be a con artist (That how I called him at the time. I didn’t know the term “rat”) who married her to get citizenship.

Pussycatz

Ae you seeing the light @Pussycatz ??? Do you now begin to realsie you deserve better than him,,someone to take care of you finacially ,,Did you say he was blocked on here before because his name was Zizou ??Is he THE Zizou of Port El Kantaoui ?? Otherwise why would he be blocked,,??
No he is not same Zizou. He didn’t say anything bad just questions. If you do a member search you will see his posts and other responses. Is member said it was a shame he was blocked because it was too soon to see his responses. He has told me never to go back here but I take no notice.

Attachments

Pussycatz

No he is not same Zizou. He didn’t say anything bad just questions. If you do a member search you will see his posts and other responses. Is member said it was a shame he was blocked because it was too soon to see his responses. He has told me never to go back here but I take no notice.
2FCD1872-411F-4D31-A3AC-8CB15D459E8C.png FB472476-F6A0-4A8E-9982-934DD144BD89.png

Pussycatz

[/QUOT
MH007 said in post you are now banned

Attachments

Derbygirl

I lived in Tunisia for 2 years. It was a prison sentence, and yes, I was abused, held against my will, and terrorized. So, minimizing my point of view as fear-based information is really ignorant. YOU need to wrap your mind around the fact that life in the corrupt country of Tunisia is not a bowl of cherries, not even native Tunisian women walk around in some romantic dream. The divorce rate is high, domestic abuse is rampant, sexism, racism, and violence abound. Men attack each other in the streets, steal, lie, love to drink, and hit on young school girls in the school yards. As young as they can get - don't believe it, look it up. It's not me who has to adapt, but YOU to understand that even 1 good experience does not undo ALL of the unjust and horrible experiences of Tunisians and foreigners in Tunisia. It is a dog-eat-dog country based on survival in AFRICA.

I don't get my information from T.V. or from BBC, or whatever mainstream news you probably reference. I actually traveled there and experienced it. My rat's mother was also abused, right in front of me. So, you keep saying love, kindness and whatever else, but it's really twisted and you're blind to your own bias, which is really just confirmation bias, because you are stubbornly persisting in not only believing that your values and traits are exactly the same as your rat, but that he is most definitely not a monster. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Tunisia is a corrupt and dangerous country.
‘Dog eat dog country based on survival in Africa’............Couldn’t put it better, myself.............

JGG

Hi and hope you enjoy the different viewpoints here and join in the debates. I thought my Fiancé was one of the good guys when I first came across this forum over 3 years ago but I had to join when his demands increased from the simple Island boy to a conniving greedy suspect rat and now I’m pretty sure he’s a master rat cos he’s had me fooled. I still can’t catch him out on cheating but definitely his maths and mine don’t add up. I almost left this forum as the truth hurts when wearing blinkers. And some ladies blatantly laughed at my situation, but the majority gave sound advice. However instead of being a sensible person I opened a thread on reformed rats. My Fiancé did try and defend himself as I said I suspect he’s a rat and he asked who told me this and I said the forum and come on here but was blocked before he could say much. His name was Zizou. He’s not in the rats gallery because as I say he’s a suspect rat. He is showing ratty traits as in expectation that Western women have bought his friends Cars, houses, bikes and monthly support whereas he hasn’t said it I must be a mean one only spending on 10 x 4 star holidays the odd 5 star in the beginning and a measly 3k to boot over 3 years. How hard done can he be?! Well that’s my life savings depleting! So if you know him or his friends are reading this I really don’t care! Yes I will try n reform his peer group pressure and I thought I was making good progress until yesterday when he bemoaned how poor he was to maybe not renew Internet living in his big brothers mansion of a house n accompanying farm. I must have had brown substance in my eyes all these years right up till my rescue flight home last March I still gave him a big bonus at the airport! I’m not a hideous creature living in a remote part of the World that I have to buy a man’s affection. I live in London and thought I was fairly intelligent. I’m in fact learning I’m a walking contradiction. One rule for him and another for Savvy City men! Who incidentally would still buy me a drink and the odd wink at my advanced age. No Botox required. Just good genes. So why do I think I have to rescue him? Sorry just venting!
I respect and appreciate the realness of this post.

SouthernGirl

Hi Pussycatz. Yes, I have never dated a Tunisian rat and I’ve been married for years to an American man.
However, I got introduced to the rat phenomenon after my friend started an online relationship with a younger man from Hammammet who friended her on FB. She told me about him and her plans to go visit him in Tunisia. I first thought nothing of it, just that it seemed to be a bit daring and crazy to go to the other side of the world to go meet some man she barely knows, but then that happens a lot now, people meet on Internet, marry and it works.
Then, she shared with me all the messages, told me about the love bombing and the marriage proposal that came barely 3 weeks after their first contact. We had a Moroccan friend who told her, without even seeing the pictures of the guy or the conversations, that he was no good and that she should run away for her life. I asked her. Why, are there many guys like that there? I remember her having this scowl and shaking her head saying “you have no idea.” She said that she was ashamed to say that in her own country (Morocco), there were tons of guys like that, as well as in Algeria, Egypt, and “especially in Tunisia”! Even in other parts of the world, Jordan, some countries of West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, or in Carribean countries like the Dominican Republic (many tourists go there) , you find local men and women who prey on foreign tourists from richer countries. Anyway, when she heard that the boyfriend was from Tunisia, she said that there is unfortunately a s...load of guys like that there and that this kind is called ”rats” and they are find especially in hotels and that they give the country a bad name, that the good people there don’t like that they hurt the country’s image. She explained there are more in Tunisia because the country is especially cheap when it comes to go on vacations. For 200 €, European people can fly there and stay a week in a hotel, all included (wow!) so some ladies go there just for a nice vacation in the sun, wanting nothing more but when they get there, they get approached by young staffers of the hotel where they stay who have only one thing in mind: take advantage of them to go to Europe or at least to get cool gifts and money out of them. She said to our friend that her online boyfriend was a rat. She had no doubt about it. Unfortunately she was convinced that he had nothing but good intentions, that he didn’t want to leave Tunisia, that he was nothing like these other guys. Beside that, She didn’t meet him in a hotel but in a Facebook group (on pitbulls) and he was just a good guy who contacted her because they have a passion in common for dogs. I wasn’t that sure because I could tell that our Moroccan friend knew what she was talking about.
Anyway, I did my research on my own because the more she told me about the guy, the less I was feeling it. That and the fact that he was about 20 years younger and looked like a real jerk and I don’t care it was just pictures. You could see the weasel look in his eyes. Didn’t like the guy. Anyway, I searched the words “rats” and “bezness” (our friend called theses guys “rats”and said what their practices was called “bezness”) and I came across this forum and also some testimonies of tourists on TripAdvisor, people who visited hotels in Tunisia with their family and witnessed staff members harassing single women or women who said that these guys flirt with them (one was with her husband actually)
I also looked up pages on FB on marriage fraud. Our friend had said too they are called in French “mariage gris” (the litteral translation would be “gray marriage” which means marriages where one party marries for love and the other one for profit and personal gain) It was an eye opener to me. I read and read and and needless to say, I learned a lot and I got interested in this topic. I lurked for a while on TLR and found out that my friend was just one of many women who had been deceived and I showed her.
She didn’t sign up but she reads stories and stories of some women here and said ok, that’s it, I’m done with him. She saw many similarities in between her boyfriend and the men described on the site. this site and the stories she read saved her. She’s thankful for the women who talked about their experiences so others can see.
I continued reading on this site because I was just fascinated, I should say intrigued. I knew a girl in the 90ies who had married a Tunisian guy she met in France. He had a temporary visa and after they married, he got permanent residency. I couldn’t stand this guy. I could tell he was two-faced, he flirted with all her friends behind her back and I learned later, he beat her several times. At the time I didn’t know about bezness, but it already existed, even before the Internet.
Anyway I didn’t plan to write for so long. So, no I didn’t have firsthand experience with a rat, but I had quite a lot of exposure and I learned a lot about these guys. I felt empathy and Compassion for the women who wrote in TLR. It could have been me too just like my friend who almost got conned by a loser. I was so mad at this kind of dishonesty. This girl had had a lot of hardship in her life, was dealing with a messy divorce, a severely handicapped child. The guy knew everything about that but he had no problem using her. I also know quite a bit about North African culture (which I love) I grew up around kids of immigrants from the Maghreb and dated for years a guy (whose parents were from Algeria.) A great person. I understand quite a bit, I think, how people think there, the good and the less good, and I have a lot of respect for Islam and sincere and genuine Muslim people. Love the handicraft, the food and the architecture in North Africa and I’m fascinated by Kabylie and its story.
Ok, that’s it. You now know probably more than you wanted to know. What I know on Bezness, if I can use it to help others. There will be always victims of these men and there can’t be enough women to warn them. I did it for my friend and I’ll do it for any woman and one day, I had another friend dating a rat, I will not shut my mouth. No friend of mine will get conned by a jerk, and let alone a rat. Not under my watch. I may not be a victim but I’m very grateful that this site exists.

JGG

Hi Pussycatz. Yes, I have never dated a Tunisian rat and I’ve been married for years to an American man.
However, I got introduced to the rat phenomenon after my friend started an online relationship with a younger man from Hammammet who friended her on FB. She told me about him and her plans to go visit him in Tunisia. I first thought nothing of it, just that it seemed to be a bit daring and crazy to go to the other side of the world to go meet some man she barely knows, but then that happens a lot now, people meet on Internet, marry and it works.
Then, she shared with me all the messages, told me about the love bombing and the marriage proposal that came barely 3 weeks after their first contact. We had a Moroccan friend who told her, without even seeing the pictures of the guy or the conversations, that he was no good and that she should run away for her life. I asked her. Why, are there many guys like that there? I remember her having this scowl and shaking her head saying “you have no idea.” She said that she was ashamed to say that in her own country (Morocco), there were tons of guys like that, as well as in Algeria, Egypt, and “especially in Tunisia”! Even in other parts of the world, Jordan, some countries of West Africa: Nigeria, Ghana, or in Carribean countries like the Dominican Republic (many tourists go there) , you find local men and women who prey on foreign tourists from richer countries. Anyway, when she heard that the boyfriend was from Tunisia, she said that there is unfortunately a s...load of guys like that there and that this kind is called ”rats” and they are find especially in hotels and that they give the country a bad name, that the good people there don’t like that they hurt the country’s image. She explained there are more in Tunisia because the country is especially cheap when it comes to go on vacations. For 200 €, European people can fly there and stay a week in a hotel, all included (wow!) so some ladies go there just for a nice vacation in the sun, wanting nothing more but when they get there, they get approached by young staffers of the hotel where they stay who have only one thing in mind: take advantage of them to go to Europe or at least to get cool gifts and money out of them. She said to our friend that her online boyfriend was a rat. She had no doubt about it. Unfortunately she was convinced that he had nothing but good intentions, that he didn’t want to leave Tunisia, that he was nothing like these other guys. Beside that, She didn’t meet him in a hotel but in a Facebook group (on pitbulls) and he was just a good guy who contacted her because they have a passion in common for dogs. I wasn’t that sure because I could tell that our Moroccan friend knew what she was talking about.
Anyway, I did my research on my own because the more she told me about the guy, the less I was feeling it. That and the fact that he was about 20 years younger and looked like a real jerk and I don’t care it was just pictures. You could see the weasel look in his eyes. Didn’t like the guy. Anyway, I searched the words “rats” and “bezness” (our friend called theses guys “rats”and said what their practices was called “bezness”) and I came across this forum and also some testimonies of tourists on TripAdvisor, people who visited hotels in Tunisia with their family and witnessed staff members harassing single women or women who said that these guys flirt with them (one was with her husband actually)
I also looked up pages on FB on marriage fraud. Our friend had said too they are called in French “mariage gris” (the litteral translation would be “gray marriage” which means marriages where one party marries for love and the other one for profit and personal gain) It was an eye opener to me. I read and read and and needless to say, I learned a lot and I got interested in this topic. I lurked for a while on TLR and found out that my friend was just one of many women who had been deceived and I showed her.
She didn’t sign up but she reads stories and stories of some women here and said ok, that’s it, I’m done with him. She saw many similarities in between her boyfriend and the men described on the site. this site and the stories she read saved her. She’s thankful for the women who talked about their experiences so others can see.
I continued reading on this site because I was just fascinated, I should say intrigued. I knew a girl in the 90ies who had married a Tunisian guy she met in France. He had a temporary visa and after they married, he got permanent residency. I couldn’t stand this guy. I could tell he was two-faced, he flirted with all her friends behind her back and I learned later, he beat her several times. At the time I didn’t know about bezness, but it already existed, even before the Internet.
Anyway I didn’t plan to write for so long. So, no I didn’t have firsthand experience with a rat, but I had quite a lot of exposure and I learned a lot about these guys. I felt empathy and Compassion for the women who wrote in TLR. It could have been me too just like my friend who almost got conned by a loser. I was so mad at this kind of dishonesty. This girl had had a lot of hardship in her life, was dealing with a messy divorce, a severely handicapped child. The guy knew everything about that but he had no problem using her. I also know quite a bit about North African culture (which I love) I grew up around kids of immigrants from the Maghreb and dated for years a guy (whose parents were from Algeria.) A great person. I understand quite a bit, I think, how people think there, the good and the less good, and I have a lot of respect for Islam and sincere and genuine Muslim people. Love the handicraft, the food and the architecture in North Africa and I’m fascinated by Kabylie and its story.
Ok, that’s it. You now know probably more than you wanted to know. What I know on Bezness, if I can use it to help others. There will be always victims of these men and there can’t be enough women to warn them. I did it for my friend and I’ll do it for any woman and one day, I had another friend dating a rat, I will not shut my mouth. No friend of mine will get conned by a jerk, and let alone a rat. Not under my watch. I may not be a victim but I’m very grateful that this site exists.
Amazing testimonial. Thank you so much ♡

simple

Ratslayer
Thanks for your story ,,The fact that you havnt dated a rat but still want to help is meaninful..This kind of scam carries a stigma,,"Its because she cant get anyone in her own country,she has to pay for attention,she deserves what she got,silly old fool,more money then sense" etc etc,,So its difficult to talk to friends or family about it ,incase we are judged ,so for somone who is happly married and hasnt ever been bitten by a rat ,shows progress ,that this is begining to be taken seriously,in Europe and USA and else where,,,

Pussycatz

Which will give him a whole lot of free time to work then - definitely a positive effect!
He does work every day painting and decoration and I can webcam n check anytime which I do. Just they haven't paid him for 2 weeks for some reason

Amira

Rat Expert
He does work every day painting and decoration and I can webcam n check anytime which I do. Just they haven't paid him for 2 weeks for some reason
you shouldn't marry your Tunisian man. You were so sure that he was the right one? You should apply for a visa did you say in another post? But I probably read some errors:confused:

Layla

Have been reading this thread & many others with interest over the past few days. So many ladies suffering from MMID syndrome!

I think on the whole the advice given by you lot is spot on and I would just like to add having a romantic relationship with some tall dark and handsome foreigner that you see on your holidays is not reality and the real test comes when you move to their country or bring them to yours and then u soon find everyday life kills off the romance and then what are you left with? No matter how exciting a relationship is in the beginning it always wears off eventually. Love does not conquer all and if you don't have trust and aren't truly honest with each other then it will never work.

Pussycatz

you shouldn't marry your Tunisian man. You were so sure that he was the right one? You should apply for a visa did you say in another post? But I probably read some errors:confused:
Well I'm his Fiance that means I made s promise to Marry him. I Love him more than I dislike his border-line narcissistic "Entitled " behaviour. I find him a challenge and I no longer lose self control and cry and shout because I'm learning too to behave in a proper manner. If it doesn't work out then I will say yes I ignored red flags for the excitement, passion, love. If he left me a year ago I might have broken down but understand rat mentality well I'm a cat person. Stronger than a mere rat. He says hes not a rat. Well he ought to prove it. Meanwhile I've toughened up thanks to TLR and all the ladies should love themselves more. I'm not running scared. I need proof of cheating. As for money issues he's not from a poor family and if he tries that bullshit on me in future he can buy his own visa to timbuctoo. I pay for what I want. No more manipulation. As for London guys they sleep around. Some contact me from fb but I just block. I'm not interested in dating men with flash cars n zero commitment. Going out was worse in a drinking social setting, drunken cheating
Have been reading this thread & many others with interest over the past few days. So many ladies suffering from MMID syndrome!

I think on the whole the advice given by you lot is spot on and I would just like to add having a romantic relationship with some tall dark and handsome foreigner that you see on your holidays is not reality and the real test comes when you move to their country or bring them to yours and then u soon find everyday life kills off the romance and then what are you left with? No matter how exciting a relationship is in the beginning it always wears off eventually. Love does not conquer all and if you don't have trust and aren't truly honest with each other then it will never work.
[/

Well that term MMID may be amusing to some but in reality they are pretty hot. I’d rather take my chances with Living with him than old Joe with saggy pants down the local or bed hopping Metrosexuals in an alcoholic stupor.

SouthernGirl

Well I'm his Fiance that means I made s promise to Marry him. I Love him more than I dislike his border-line narcissistic "Entitled " behaviour. I find him a challenge and I no longer lose self control and cry and shout because I'm learning too to behave in a proper manner. If it doesn't work out then I will say yes I ignored red flags for the excitement, passion, love. If he left me a year ago I might have broken down but understand rat mentality well I'm a cat person. Stronger than a mere rat. He says hes not a rat. Well he ought to prove it. Meanwhile I've toughened up thanks to TLR and all the ladies should love themselves more. I'm not running scared. I need proof of cheating. As for money issues he's not from a poor family and if he tries that bullshit on me in future he can buy his own visa to timbuctoo. I pay for what I want. No more manipulation. As for London guys they sleep around. Some contact me from fb but I just block. I'm not interested in dating men with flash cars n zero commitment. Going out was worse in a drinking social setting, drunken cheating
Didn’t you say 2 days ago that he complained that he was poor and that he may not be able to renew his Internet connection? You seemed a bit upset.. Hope you didn’t send him some flouze as it is complete BS, the “can’t pay for internet” thing being a great way for them to get money from the woman. No internet means they won’t be able to communicate so she doesn’t want that to happen and she pays.

Anna2you

Didn’t you say 2 days ago that he complained that he was poor and that he may not be able to renew his Internet connection? You seemed a bit upset.. Hope you didn’t send him some flouze as it is complete BS, the “can’t pay for internet” thing being a great way for them to get money from the woman. No internet means they won’t be able to communicate so she doesn’t want that to happen and she pays.

Anna2you

My rat did the same thing ...it started with the internet ..playing soo poor ...he said "f..this relationship if i dont send money for the internet" then it became other things as well ...like doctor etc...but one time i could not pay for the doctor and he holds it against me till this day. In a mean time his mother has nice jewelery and i sold mine near the end to go there because it was all draining me financially...but now he said that i did not send much and that i am cheap. I would not hesitate to sell my jewelery if my son was sick. dont expect any gratitute pussycatz and it hurts ..that part is the worse for me him denying that i did anything for him at all and constant saying that i am soo cheap. In a meantime his family did not even give us any wedding present. Oh i think one of his uncles gave some money but of course i would not see any of it...not that i needed it. Yet his brothers wedding was the real thing i guess...i am sure that my ex sister in law did not have to give his brother any money during their courtship. I think it was all a joke for them. Nothing was worth it from what i see now.

Status
Not open for further replies.