safe for tourists?

DragonZest

TLR tester
how oftern do these elections happern ?? xx
not very often I think...there has only been 2 presidents since Tunisia was given their independance from France in the 1950's...I think there has been elections inbetween but they....I can't think of the word for it but basically it was made sure that the current presidents at the time would stay in power.

lucy jane

Ohhh ok trust my luck to go when this was happening ppffttt !! im so dumb i should of checked all this information and things im glad this site is here though or id of had some very silly mistakes !! xx

NetNiet

EVIL member :D
how oftern do these elections happern ?? xx
Lucy Jane, may I ask if you did read and talked about Tunisia, what happened, why it happened and what is going on? Do you understand why there was a Revolution, what is a country with a dictator and what kind off things are happening than?

NetNiet

Ok i was there in Jendouba during the revolution and didnt see any major problems and felt totally safe . When i went to Tunis the problems were much larger.
I think it helps that when i was younger i lived in Turkey during their revolution .
When visiting other countries you need to listen to the news and if in doubt contact your embassy/consulate for advice/info .
Hi Sarra, I think it's also depending on the person who you are, every person hav different emotions and reactions.
I did also had people at the same place but other neighbourhoud, 1 couple was really scared, the other person didn't notice anything.

And it's also depending where you are at which moment, I was a few times not so lucky and was 3 times at the wrong moment at the wrong place and did had some very scary moments and even one time "lucky" to be "only" wittness that the car in front off us has been shot with guns and it wasn't us......

DragonZest

TLR tester
Ohhh ok trust my luck to go when this was happening ppffttt !! im so dumb i should of checked all this information and things im glad this site is here though or id of had some very silly mistakes !! xx
loool!! well I'd suggest maybe reading through this section (Tunisian Revolution) as it has alot of information on everything that went on in Tunisia.

lucy jane

Lucy Jane, may I ask if you did read and talked about Tunisia, what happened, why it happened and what is going on? Do you understand why there was a Revolution, what is a country with a dictator and what kind off things are happening than?
nope i dont understand it all x

NetNiet

nope i dont understand it all x
I think that if you have a relation with a person from another country that you should learn about that country and culture. You can find a lot at internet.
Did you follow the news at television about the Revolution here?

DragonZest

TLR tester
I think that if you have a relation with a person from another country that you should learn about that country and culture. You can find a lot at internet.
To be honest NetNiet, our news didn't really follow the revolution. It wasn't until Ben Ali got ousted that our news even mentioned any troubles there and it didn't last long either. I only knew what was going on because of people I know in Tunisia telling me, TLR and also because I was following it on the Al Jazeera website.

lucy jane

No i didnt follow the news i have done lots of google search on religion and thing like that but i didnt even know of a revolution until i saw this post xx

NetNiet

To be honest NetNiet, our news didn't really follow the revolution. It wasn't until Ben Ali got ousted that our news even mentioned any troubles there and it didn't last long either. I only knew what was going on because of people I know in Tunisia telling me, TLR and also because I was following it on the Al Jazeera website.
Yes I know, in Holland it was the same, at the time it was escalating, it was at the news, but before and after not very much. But at internet you can find a lot like you say Al Jazeera and so many more.
Even now when there is still going on a lot, at the news at television you don't see much in Europe.

NetNiet

No i didnt follow the news i have done lots of google search on religion and thing like that but i didnt even know of a revolution until i saw this post xx
Didn't you see anything in the past 8/9 months what is happening here in Tunisia, Egypt, Lybia, Syria etc.???
Well history is written here, so have a look at internet! ;-)

DragonZest

TLR tester
Yes I know, in Holland it was the same, at the time it was escalating, it was at the news, but before and after not very much. But at internet you can find a lot like you say Al Jazeera and so many more.
Even now when there is still going on a lot, at the news at television you don't see much in Europe.
We see nothing at all, I highly doubt they will even show anything about the elections when it happens!

scarlett rose

censorship because they don't want the people to see the truth ..they more concerned about printing fasmous footballers coke addiction and celebrities scandals rather than TRUTH...makes me puke !!

NetNiet

I am wondering did you get any information in the UK news last week about the trial from Mubarak?
I think he went 4 or 5 days to court.
At the Dutch news there was so little information while it was also so important.

But maybe we also find it important because we have a connection with Tunisia and therefor also what is happening with the other countries where is a Revolution.
And I have to admit that offcourse I followed Tunisia, than Egypt and now Libya, but Syria for excample I don't follow that news the way I do the earlier mentioned countries.

lucy jane

censorship because they don't want the people to see the truth ..they more concerned about printing fasmous footballers coke addiction and celebrities scandals rather than TRUTH...makes me puke !!
that is so true which footballer has been cheating on his wife and how she is forgiving him or who is the next loon to enter big brother haha said but real important news doesnt make the news usuall its the petty gossip stuff that hits the front page :) xx

lucy jane

we heard a little bit about libya and that on the news but not into mayjor detail just brief little bits x

Galadriel

Globe Trotter Extraordinaire
Plenty of relevant info on BBC news.

Galadriel

I am wondering did you get any information in the UK news last week about the trial from Mubarak?
I think he went 4 or 5 days to court.
At the Dutch news there was so little information while it was also so important.

But maybe we also find it important because we have a connection with Tunisia and therefor also what is happening with the other countries where is a Revolution.
And I have to admit that offcourse I followed Tunisia, than Egypt and now Libya, but Syria for excample I don't follow that news the way I do the earlier mentioned countries.
Yes NetNiet there was some coverage about Mubaraks trial and also in Times newspaper. They have good coverage of Middle East events.

lucy jane

That is exactly what i was thinking scarlette, it has been libyia that i hear about on radio and that its never tunisia and nothing is ever mentioned about elections i didnt even know about them until i saw a post on here !! xx

Galadriel

I did say coverage about Mubarak and Middle East as NetNiet mentioned, not specifically North Africa re Tunisian Elections. It is just not a big player in the scheme of things. It is often mentioned in the Times though in the context of them being further along on the route to elections but apart from Gannouchi specifics not gone into.

Galadriel

Tunisia.com has full coverage and also on T.com on facebook also there are members all over the country so the news is on as it happens.

Top Bottom