Safe or not

Bex

So I previously posted a thread looking to see if anyone had anything to say about a guy I’ve been seeing, anyway post was as positive ( as it could be! ) so I’m hoping to go back in January time to see him; the last two times I’ve been I’ve taken family members with me, but this time I’m going alone for a few days. Now I know they say only married couples can share a room but if worst comes to worst we will just pay for a second room in the hotel, but what I’m asking really is has anyone had any bad experiences of going alone to meet someone? I generally have never felt unsafe with him but I’d like to hear other people’s experiences, is it always best to take someone with you? Or as long as your in a hotel with staff is it ok?

Big Bang Theory

Senior Rat Expert
So I previously posted a thread looking to see if anyone had anything to say about a guy I’ve been seeing, anyway post was as positive ( as it could be! ) so I’m hoping to go back in January time to see him; the last two times I’ve been I’ve taken family members with me, but this time I’m going alone for a few days. Now I know they say only married couples can share a room but if worst comes to worst we will just pay for a second room in the hotel, but what I’m asking really is has anyone had any bad experiences of going alone to meet someone? I generally have never felt unsafe with him but I’d like to hear other people’s experiences, is it always best to take someone with you? Or as long as your in a hotel with staff is it ok?
Most hotel staff are rats themselves but, yes, it's safer to stay in a hotel because there are more people aground and things to do that you have control of. But you would need to book two rooms as most hotels don't even allow non guests onto the hotel grounds.
Rats try to isolate their victims and make them dependant so if you ever do decide to stay in an apartment it would be much better for you to book it yourself (airbnb are good), again, so that you have control of location and price and you can kick him out if things do turn bad.
I would also join some Facebook groups like expats in tunisia and try to get some local contacts... if nothing else you might be able to meet up with others to have a break from each other and to find out what life there is really like for a foreigner. And, at worst, if you need help at least you won't feel entirely alone and you will know people who can help you.