Sameh Meftah - Marhaba Beach Sousse

Discussion in 'Hotel Infestations' started by Gemima247, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Gemima247

Gemima247 Active Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    mae likes this.
  2. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

Hi Gemima

I travelled to Tunisia alone over a four yr period and i was always safe ...

My husband always came to meet me at the airport and took me back there when it was time to leave...

I think people are scareing you without reason at the moment.....

The question of your b/f's intentions and if he is a rat or not...well that is another chapter....

I would not recc anybody to go there alone unless they know someone there that will look after them outside of the hotel, as the pestering from the locals is just horrific and ruins any holiday in my humble opinion...

Cuddle xx

PS although my husband did always ensure my safety in Tunisia in the end he was one of the biggest rats living:(

3. CUDDLE

CUDDLE Well-Known Member

I am sure you will be safe and well xx

The Rat possibility will require more time..

My husband did not show his real face for a very long time....

If your b/f is a Rat he will keep you safe as you are his investment and if he is not a Rat he will keep you safe as he will be an honest Muslim man...

ijs, Stina, diha and 9 others like this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Hi Gemima, you will be staying at a hotel so I think you will have a fabulous vacation :)

Stina, Amira and MH007 like this.
  5. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Hi Gemima, I am aware that it is very early days, but before you get too involved, please make yourself aware of ALL the implications if the relationship does get serious - the visa regulations etc etc etc. A long distance relationship is very hard work indeed with a huge financial commitment which will all be on your shoulders. You really do have to consider all of this. All best

Stina, Tiger, marilyna and 6 others like this.
  6. N. Amany

N. Amany Well-Known Member

@Gemima247 i guess what your Family and friends are scared of is the political situation at the moment. Many advice to not go into certain areas alone . Even you dont know him Always stay close to Hotel . There are some Warnings out there now to not gather around large groups of People as some threats were made . But overall i am sure you will be safe here in Tunisia if you behave rationally . As you have said yourself you read here a lot and you are aware of the possibilities ... so enjoy your Vacation :)

keepsmiling, MH007 and Fern like this.
  7. Alien

Alien Well-Known Member

Hi Gemina,

I know I'm not so positive as others, but at first I wouldn't travel alone to Tunisia. I mean without an agency's help. (Just buy a flight ticket, and let him wait for you in the airport) It's not good I think.
    What if he won't go? What will you do there alone? How will you join to your hotel?
    To stay together in an appartement with a practically stranger man is also not a good idea I think. Anything can happen. You can't know his intentions, he even can rape you. (even with grouprape with his friends)

There was also a girl from my country who went to Tunisia for her beloved, who locked her to the cellar, constantly raped her, took her money, phone and passport,...... It succeed for her to release after 1 month somehow, and she asked a mobile in a café, some people helped her, she called the embassy..... The embassy helped to bring her home. There was an interview with her on the tv, she said it was almost impossible to explain the embassy where she was, the streets have no name in Tunisia, only ruined houses, trash, and even if the street have name, it's written with "maggot" letters, you can't ever read it.
    It's an extreme case I know, it doesn't happen every day, but if I were in your shoes I would be very careful until I know him better........
    All the best!

Stina, diha, Tunisia14 and 3 others like this.
  8. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Hi G
    You will be fine - as said already, if he is a good man he will look after you, if he is a rat he will still look after you :)
    I assume you will be in a tourist resort, so if you happen to be out alone just stay in the main tourist areas, same as you would in any other country.
    Question - is he paying for both rooms? Does he have a good job?
    BG xx

Stina, marilyna, Npk and 5 others like this.
  9. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Hi Gemma ,,its safe as houses ,traveling anywhere alone is a worry ,But be sensible and be aware .You"ll have a great time and your bf ,,will make sure of that .I dont know if the goverment still have LOCATE .avaible.Its a register you hav to fill out ,,online...To let the foreign office know where you are anywhere around the world .Look it up online and register .And dont forget travel insurance and make sure you know who your hotel rep is.Its for your peace of mind .

ExNorway, CUDDLE, wallah and 2 others like this.
  10. Big Bang Theory

Big Bang Theory Well-Known Member

Hi Gemima,
    Firstly we all genuinely believed our rats and trusted them otherwise we wouldn't have gone back.
    Like Cuddle said he will keep you safe as you are his investment and if he is not a Rat he will keep you safe as he will be an honest Muslim man...
    So the chances are you will be physically safe. What is not safe is their ability to get you seriously hooked, to mess with your head and manipulate you until you become someone that even you can't recognise.
    Rats are expert liars and because you will be in a different country, with different laws and customs and ways of thinking that are totally alien to us, you will be totally reliant on him while you are there and this only serves to make their manipulation easier.

A good example of this is recent post by Hopeful :S who's account was later taken over by Hopeful :S's friend and the original Hopeful :S came back as HappyDreamer (sounds confusing and sometimes the threads get confusing but please persevere and read through them)
    http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/bellevue-park-august-2014.3350/#post-171932
    http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/zizou-zied-chiba-riu.3466/#post-179953

Also read this http://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/rat-or-real-feelings.3491/page-5#post-183281 - they have ways and means of messing with you and controlling you that we can't even comprehend.

Regardless of this, even if he is not a rat, like wallah says "please make yourself aware of ALL the implications if the relationship does get serious - the visa regulations etc etc etc. A long distance relationship is very hard work indeed with a huge financial commitment which will all be on your shoulders. You really do have to consider all of this". What I would like to add to this is, if the relationship get serious and you end up married and having children with a Tunisian, there are serious legal issues you need to consider about your children. Fine if you have a long and happy marriage, but if not there is a huge risk you could loose your children.
    I know you're probably not looking this far ahead at the moment but is it worth the risk of starting a long distance relationship? What's the point if you're not looking to the future? Is it worth the expense and risk if all you want is a nice relationship for a few months or a year or so?

FoolInLove, ExNorway, CUDDLE and 4 others like this.
  11. the nutty professor

the nutty professor Bad Teacher

hi gemima247 and welcome
    I travelled to Tunisia many times alone until my marriage

some dos and donts:

• HOTEL - I assume you booked and paid for it - we can tell you exactly where it is if you want to share that info
    • AIRPORT - make sure he meets you there but also have a back up plan - there are shuttle buses to and from the airport and transfers with A2B also good, again members here can supply you with more info
    • MOMEY - only change a little each day at the hotel reception but have enough for the taxi fare to the airport/other hotel if you need to het out of there - most hotels DO NOT accept credit cards and many want cash
    • LOCATE - the foreign office registration no longer exists however when you register at the hotel your details will be sent to the local police station
    • SAFETY - call/text a friend every day to ensure you are safe, have a special code word for good and bad so that they know
    • FLIGHT -its not easy to change your flight if you get fed up/pissed off
    • EXPLORE - don't go off the beaten track to visit his family, ect
    • don't get sucked intro paying for car hire - tell him public transport fine, which it is
    • WEATHER -its bloody freezing in tune in winter - no heating in cafes etc, and quite a lot of places are closed, again we can advise

As the ladies have said this is the easy bit, even if he is a good 'un it's a long hard road if you decide to continue with him.

tunisiandiva, Pearla, Nali and 11 others like this.
  12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

@Gemima, It looks like you got everything wrapped up :) Does he have to work while you are in Sousse or is he on vacation too ? Why did you book another hotel, does he work in the last one ?

13. BrownGirl

G

Please be careful. My personal view:

1. The fact that he even suggested an apartment for the 2 of you rings alarm bells.
    2. Is he paying for his room in the hotel or are you?
    3. Being honest about his identity and where he is born means nothing. I saw my rat's papers - his identity was about the only thing he was honest about :rolleyes:

Please look out for the signs but be aware that Rats can be very patient and very clever.

BG x

Amina, Nali, marilyna and 9 others like this.
  14. N. Amany

@Gemima247 Sorry to say but you second post gets me a bit worried ...
    İ qoute you ''

I know this because I made him send me a photo of his passport so I could book the hotel room in the correct name ;) ''

did you pay for his room too ?
    Just the fact that he initially wanted to rent an apartment doesn't stick well with me .
    A '' good muslim '' would never suggest that . That does not mean that there are no normal Tunisian man . There are good non practicing muslims ( still muslim by birth ) .
    At this point i just advice you to read more on this site. İ know for a fact how it should go from a arab point of view , thats why i say it just doesn't stick to me well .....sorry dear

marilyna, ExNorway, CUDDLE and 4 others like this.
  15. N. Amany

you posted while i was writing , BG i fully agree about the İd , showing İD to me is a common Rat sign they do this often . many women here who got tricked say the same thing .
    Sorry about my negative post but its how i feel and how things should be normally ...

ExNorway and Alien like this.
  16. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

@Gemima247

I am very relieved that you found us before you return to Tunisia.

Read typical rat quotes - read as many threads as you can. I agree you will be very safe as you are 'his property', 'his investment' and he will not allow another man anywhere near you.

Also though look for potential future rat signs such as telling you he has many problems, maybe tells you his sister is getting married. Looks for the subtle and the not so subtle hints because that is all he will do for now - he will not ask you for money at this stage but he will plant seeds about how life is difficult in Tunisia etc.

Taking you to work with him is something I haven't heard about yet - let us know how that goes.

Also read this http://www.tunisia-love.com/what-is-bezness-in-tunisia.htm

Sousse is rat central.

Take care, keep safe and keep your purse CLOSED.

xxxxxxxxxx

FoolInLove, ExNorway and Heidi like this.
  17. BrownGirl

Again, please be careful, he will get under your skin. They are very good at what they do.
    Does he work in animation?

ExNorway, Alien, Fern and 1 other person like this.
  18. the nutty professor

the nutty professor Bad Teacher

hi gemima247,

Sousse is rather bleak and cold in January
    which hotel?

19. miss M

miss M Member

Weve just found out my sister and gemima247 have been seeing the same guy :/ my sister has blocked contact after she confronted him and was due to fly out to see him but has now changed location of her holiday :) i swear my sister is a walking talking magnet for rats! Lol

diha, marilyna, ExNorway and 6 others like this.
  20. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Oh dear :Cry:

Alien likes this.
  21. BrownGirl

Well thank goodness for TLR - get his ratty face in the gallery to warn any if his other victims

diha, marilyna, ExNorway and 4 others like this.
  22. BrownGirl

I've deleted the personal reference but I would advise you to change your avatar to protect your identity

ExNorway likes this.
  23. BrownGirl

You didnt read Miss M's post?

Heidi, MH007 and katt1828 like this.
  24. miss M

miss M Member

Yes he is they parted on ok terms then went out one night when she returned and he admitted quite alot to her
    My sister is just too trusting and after a shit marriage and low self esteem these boys thrive on it i think

Fern and BrownGirl like this.
  25. BrownGirl

I am confused :confused:

ExNorway and simple like this.