Social Networking Rats

WTFARM

Omg, reading all of these comments are empowering AND scary! I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum

I'm starting to suspect that I could be a potential victim. Lots of potential red flags. He found me on Facebook. He was following lots of single women. Some older. Some single moms. He's since removed them all but still...

His Facebook name is Belhassen Assidi. He's considerably younger than me. His family already wanted a video call to meet me. He's already talking of marriage. And... he asked me to send money today. I declined.

Is this guy familiar to any of you?

Attachments

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Omg, reading all of these comments are empowering AND scary! I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum

I'm starting to suspect that I could be a potential victim. Lots of potential red flags. He found me on Facebook. He was following lots of single women. Some older. Some single moms. He's since removed them all but still...

His Facebook name is Belhassen Assidi. He's considerably younger than me. His family already wanted a video call to meet me. He's already talking of marriage. And... he asked me to send money today. I declined.

Welcome

So many red flags, fishing on the internet, lot's of female friends, age difference, marriage, family will be helping him and asking for money.

I'M glad you found this forum before you got completely suckered in and started sending money.

May I ask how long you have been in communications with him?

You will get lots of support from the members here..

MH x

simple

Major Ratslayer

Hi @WTFARM ,,to me they all look a like now ,they all say the same thing ,do the same thing ,wear the same thing ,same hair ,stubble ,pose ..Its a rat .thankfully you havnt sent money .What excuse was it ,,mother seek hospital expensive ,,sitar she gets the marriage no money to pay for food..Im hungree,,i have no wok ,my reent i cannot pay ,,,Im sorry if i sound flippant ,,its a serious matter ,But realy i get angry sometimes ...Hope your ok ..

WTFARM

No money for living expenses. His internet got shut off so I think he expected me to freak out at the prospect that we wouldn't be able to speak as often. I didn't take the bait. Then he said he doesn't have money for basic expenses. I didn't take the bait. He said he won't ask his family for help because they're going to help him get a vehicle so he can start a business. I simply kept saying that everything will be fine and he'll find something soon. Then he finally asked if I could send money.

I decided to feel this out a bit! Where should I send it? What's your address? He said to send it to Tunisia Post. That's the only way for anyone in Tunisia to receive anything. Ummm... pretty sure DHL will deliver ANYWHERE! Then he started talking about a secret code that I would give him to collect the money. I told him that USPS can only send mail to an actual address. He wondered why and thought they would figure out how to make it happen. Yeah right!

I told him there are precautions in place here because the whole world thinks Americans are rich and there are plenty of scams. He then responded that he thinks I think he's a fraud. He might be onto something
Hi @WTFARM ,,to me they all look a like now ,they all say the same thing ,do the same thing ,wear the same thing ,same hair ,stubble ,pose ..Its a rat .thankfully you havnt sent money .What excuse was it ,,mother seek hospital expensive ,,sitar she gets the marriage no money to pay for food..Im hungree,,i have no wok ,my reent i cannot pay ,,,Im sorry if i sound flippant ,,its a serious matter ,But realy i get angry sometimes ...Hope your ok ..

WTFARM

Welcome

So many red flags, fishing on the internet, lot's of female friends, age difference, marriage, family will be helping him and asking for money.

I'M glad you found this forum before you got completely suckered in and started sending money.

May I ask how long you have been in communications with him?

You will get lots of support from the members here..

MH x
I don't really know how long. I didn't start paying attention until he got more serious in his messages. But, it's only been a few months. Less than 3 I would say.

I have no intention of sending money. The age difference was already a huge deal for me. I'm not trying to date someone that needs a mom!

I just got blindsided because he was the only one of hundreds of friend requests that started off like a normal human being. I was attracted to the deep conversations. But, if someone knows how everyone else is playing the game then a smart player will develop a different tactic.

Just to clarify... I can't actually see his friends list. I looked at the list of people he was following. That's where I found lots of women.

He also wanted us to change our relationship status to married so that women would stop sending friend requests and messaging him. I refused.

It's really disheartening that people behave this way. Karma will eventually have her way with them!

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
I don't really know how long. I didn't start paying attention until he got more serious in his messages. But, it's only been a few months. Less than 3 I would say.

I have no intention of sending money. The age difference was already a huge deal for me. I'm not trying to date someone that needs a mom!

I just got blindsided because he was the only one of hundreds of friend requests that started off like a normal human being. I was attracted to the deep conversations. But, if someone knows how everyone else is playing the game then a smart player will develop a different tactic.

Just to clarify... I can't actually see his friends list. I looked at the list of people he was following. That's where I found lots of women.

He also wanted us to change our relationship status to married so that women would stop sending friend requests and messaging him. I refused.

It's really disheartening that people behave this way. Karma will eventually have her way with them!
Scammer. No doubt about it as MH and Simple said, he looks and sounds like one. All the red flags are there. The Internet that broke is always a good trick they use to get money. They believe the woman they speak to is so addicted to talking to them that she will send money and won’t let him without Internet. They are very cocky and view women who accepted their requests online and started to believe their lies as stupid and gullible.
Him talking about changing his status to Married so women will stop sending him requests is manipulative and ridiculous. As if women send requests to men on the net. :rolleyes:They don’t need to. They get bombarded by requests. He wants you to believe he’s so much wanted but he’s only into you.
Don’t believe a word he says. He’s looking for a visa and until that happens, he’s planning to use you as a «cash cow » (horrible term but that’s how they view women who give them money)
Don’t get fooled by the depth of your conversations and the profound words he says. They use the semblance of intelligence they have to deceive women. They know what to say and they’re good at pretending that they are genuine.
It’s more than an act or a game for them, it’s a career, a means for survival. They have to use women to get out of their country and have a better life. Once they get what they want, or find a better fish, they are not there anymore. Keep telling him no for the money (so glad you didn’t send him any!) and he’ll disappear for a while. Then will come back hoping that you nearly died without him and that this time, you’ll accept to give him money.
I know it’s not easy because you like him, but I’d stop all communications. Remember that he’s not true to you, that it’s all lies.

simple

Major Ratslayer
Scammer. No doubt about it as MH and Simple said, he looks and sounds like one. All the red flags are there. The Internet that broke is always a good trick they use to get money. They believe the woman they speak to is so addicted to talking to them that she will send money and won’t let him without Internet. They are very cocky and view women who accepted their requests online and started to believe their lies as stupid and gullible.
Him talking about changing his status to Married so women will stop sending him requests is manipulative and ridiculous. As if women send requests to men on the net. :rolleyes:They don’t need to. They get bombarded by requests. He wants you to believe he’s so much wanted but he’s only into you.
Don’t believe a word he says. He’s looking for a visa and until that happens, he’s planning to use you as a «cash cow » (horrible term but that’s how they view women who give them money)
Don’t get fooled by the depth of your conversations and the profound words he says. They use the semblance of intelligence they have to deceive women. They know what to say and they’re good at pretending that they are genuine.
It’s more than an act or a game for them, it’s a career, a means for survival. They have to use women to get out of their country and have a better life. Once they get what they want, or find a better fish, they are not there anymore. Keep telling him no for the money (so glad you didn’t send him any!) and he’ll disappear for a while. Then will come back hoping that you nearly died without him and that this time, you’ll accept to give him money.
I know it’s not easy because you like him, but I’d stop all communications. Remember that he’s not true to you, that it’s all lies.
This is it in a nut shell !!! I know being woke at the moment and Black Lives Matter,,,But Brown little rat lives ,i coudlnt give a monkeys ,His internet broke??:confused: Did my wish of satalites over Tunisia blowing up .come true ,,

WTFARM

Once someone asks for money it becomes VERY easy to stop talking to them! Men are prideful creatures. A man with pride would never ask a woman to send money. He would exhaust all other options first. Even then, if he truly wanted this woman to marry him he wouldn't exactly be advertising that he's so broke he's begging for money on social media.

What got me was that he asked me twice if I needed money. It didn't make much sense why he would offer to help me if he's broke. Maybe that was just a way to gauge if I had plenty? He's also the one that told me Tunisian men go after European women. But, he explained it a bit differently! He claimed that many European countries offer incentives to young Arab men to marry their women because a lot of women aren't having kids and their workforce is aging. I was not able to verify any of that through Google so...

Now he's talking about how he doesn't care about anything because he lost everything. So, I'm asking how? When? Why? I don't think he anticipated that! No answer yet!!

JGG

Major Ratslayer
No money for living expenses. His internet got shut off so I think he expected me to freak out at the prospect that we wouldn't be able to speak as often. I didn't take the bait. Then he said he doesn't have money for basic expenses. I didn't take the bait. He said he won't ask his family for help because they're going to help him get a vehicle so he can start a business. I simply kept saying that everything will be fine and he'll find something soon. Then he finally asked if I could send money.

I decided to feel this out a bit! Where should I send it? What's your address? He said to send it to Tunisia Post. That's the only way for anyone in Tunisia to receive anything. Ummm... pretty sure DHL will deliver ANYWHERE! Then he started talking about a secret code that I would give him to collect the money. I told him that USPS can only send mail to an actual address. He wondered why and thought they would figure out how to make it happen. Yeah right!

I told him there are precautions in place here because the whole world thinks Americans are rich and there are plenty of scams. He then responded that he thinks I think he's a fraud. He might be onto something
You are very wise to be wary and so glad you found this forum....lots of support and help here. As these ladies have been expressing, he has HUGE RAT tattooed on his forehead. Family is definitely involved...I have been keeping up with Tunisian News and the country is in crisis right now with Covid. Money is scarce the Rats are coming out to feed for sure. Really hope you are ok! ♡

JGG

Major Ratslayer
Everything you have said is spot on....good job!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Once someone asks for money it becomes VERY easy to stop talking to them! Men are prideful creatures. A man with pride would never ask a woman to send money. He would exhaust all other options first. Even then, if he truly wanted this woman to marry him he wouldn't exactly be advertising that he's so broke he's begging for money on social media.

What got me was that he asked me twice if I needed money. It didn't make much sense why he would offer to help me if he's broke. Maybe that was just a way to gauge if I had plenty? He's also the one that told me Tunisian men go after European women. But, he explained it a bit differently! He claimed that many European countries offer incentives to young Arab men to marry their women because a lot of women aren't having kids and their workforce is aging. I was not able to verify any of that through Google so...

Now he's talking about how he doesn't care about anything because he lost everything. So, I'm asking how? When? Why? I don't think he anticipated that! No answer yet!!
OMG if it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious......incentives to marry young Arab men?? I thought I had heard it all but this takes the biscuit I guess 10/10 for trying :p

He knows full well that he couldn't send money out of Tunisia as it is a closed currency - as you say he was just testing you!

No decent Tunisian man would ever ask a woman for money never!

I'm glad you came here and that you seem to have a the measure of him.

MH x

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer

European countries offer incentives to young Arab men to boost birth rates..!? Now, that’s a new one. Do they really believe that? Europe doesn’t want these men who are unskilled and have nothing to offer to the countries economy. They don’t want to have to give them benefits. They know too well that they’ll become a burden to the country.
As you said, decent men don’t ask money to women. Not in our Western cultures, and most certainly not in theirs. Only wimps and losers. In the Arab culture, a man who does that is not considered a good man. He asked you if you needed money. It was a way to get information about your financial situation. Not like they care anyway if a woman doesn’t have a lot of money, they’ll take anything they can out of her. They have no compassion and do not care about taking even from struggling single moms or retired women who can barely make ends meet. It’s all about them.
He lost everything? He wants you to feel sorry for him. What did he lose? He has nothing to begin with and he has a family who takes care of his basic needs. He won’t go hungry and homeless. He has plenty of women in his life who cater to him : mother, sisters cooking his meals daily, doing his laundry, cleaning his bedroom. He doesn’t have to lift a finger. He’s doing just fine.
It’s good that you see what’s going on and that you’re protecting yourself. Keep doing it. Eventually he’ll leave you alone for good, but he’ll try again a few times before.

Last edited:

WTFARM

OMG if it wasn't so serious it would be hilarious......incentives to marry young Arab men?? I thought I had heard it all but this takes the biscuit I guess 10/10 for trying :p

He knows full well that he couldn't send money out of Tunisia as it is a closed currency - as you say he was just testing you!

No decent Tunisian man would ever ask a woman for money never!

I'm glad you came here and that you seem to have a the measure of him.

MH x
Yeah, I thought that was an interesting play as well. So, he's definitely trying to do the good guy/ bad guy routine! I'm so wonderful for telling you about all of these predators out there!! ‍♀

I'm glad I came here too. I'm not sure how else I would have confirmed any of this. But, now that I refused to send money he's REALLY pouring it on strong. Now it seems to be reverse psychology. Which is pretty dumb. Younger guys don't have the life experience of us older women. They haven't fully honed their skills yet. Acting depressed doesn't make someone want to be around you! Not me anyways...

simple

Major Ratslayer
Im sure they all come across as charming and interesting and chatty and give the impresson that they like taliking to you and show an abundance of care and attention .Where as in reality it is all premeditated ,there is nothing spontanious about their conversations ,they get to know your likes and dislikes and use it to their benifit ,they steer the conversation to what they believe you want to hear ,,So its hard to determine wether you have a rat or not ,because they all seem so sweet and no one dreams in a million years that a scam is taking place

WTFARM

You are very wise to be wary and so glad you found this forum....lots of support and help here. As these ladies have been expressing, he has HUGE RAT tattooed on his forehead. Family is definitely involved...I have been keeping up with Tunisian News and the country is in crisis right now with Covid. Money is scarce the Rats are coming out to feed for sure. Really hope you are ok! ♡
Yes, I'm definitely ok! I would rather know now than later. I tend to be a catalyst. I stir things up to see what floats to top. It didn't take long for lots to float!

I already have a flight booked for the end of summer but I'm flying into Spain since that's where the sale was. I wanted to check out Portugal. So, I already have a backup plan.

He got a few months of my attention. I consider myself lucky as some of you have been through the ringer.

simple

Major Ratslayer
Europe offers incentives to marry Arab men ,to boost birth rates !Hahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! I needed that laugh ,,im having a bad hair day because salons are closed and now i look like a hedge hog,,,,

WTFARM

European countries offer incentives to young Arab men to boost birth rates..!? Now, that’s a new one. Do they really believe that? Europe doesn’t want these men who are unskilled and have nothing to offer to the countries economy. They don’t want to have to give them benefits. They know too well that they’ll become a burden to the country.
As you said, decent men don’t ask money to women. Not in our Western cultures, and not in theirs. Only wimps and losers. In the Arab culture, a man who does that is not considered a good man. He asked you if you needed money. It was a way to get information about your financial situation. Not like they care anyway if a woman doesn’t have a lot of money, they’ll take anything they can out of her. They have no compassion and do not care about taking even from struggling single moms or retired women who can barely make ends meet. It’s all about them.
He lost everything? He wants you to feel sorry for him. What did he lose? He has nothing to begin with and he has a family who takes care of his basic needs. He won’t go hungry and homeless. He has plenty of women in his life who cater to him : mother, sisters cooking his meals daily, doing his laundry, cleaning his bedroom. He doesn’t have to lift a finger. He’s just doing fine.
It’s good that you see what’s going on and that you’re protecting yourself. Keep doing it. Eventually he’ll leave you alone for good, but he’ll try again a few times before.
Yes, I'm sure he'll keep trying! But, I'm certain he's already moved onto more potential victims. That will occupy his time. I don't think it will be much longer before I block him. Dishonesty has a miraculous effect of reversing romantic feelings!

WTFARM

Im sure they all come across as charming and interesting and chatty and give the impresson that they like taliking to you and show an abundance of care and attention .Where as in reality it is all premeditated ,there is nothing spontanious about their conversations ,they get to know your likes and dislikes and use it to their benifit ,they steer the conversation to what they believe you want to hear ,,So its hard to determine wether you have a rat or not ,because they all seem so sweet and no one dreams in a million years that a scam is taking place
Well... I'm always suspicious of a stranger sending friend requests and then sending messages to someone halfway around the world. And, why would a handsome guy want someone so much older?? It's just not logical. And, when I can't apply logic to something I get very suspicious. Especially being American. Everyone thinks we're rich.

I'm leaning more and more towards rat though. Like... I would be shocked if he ISN'T a rat!!

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Europe offers incentives to marry Arab men ,to boost birth rates !Hahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!! I needed that laugh ,,im having a bad hair day because salons are closed and now i look like a hedge hog,,,,
I must say I’m quite puzzled about that one. Do they really, I mean genuinely, believe that? Talk about being out of touch with realities. Europe actually needs their precious sperm (sorry for the image..) for its growth and expansion :p:p Lol! Are they for real? That is something I had actually never heard before. Pathetic mentalities... Gosh, they are so stupid. Ils sont trop cons! Sorry, I had to say it in my language.

WTFARM

He said that towards the beginning of when we started chatting. I had almost forgotten about it. I thought maybe his translator had done a bad translation. But, he mentioned incentives for Arab men marrying European women again after that.

At least I've been paying attention to the signs!!

WTFARM

I must say I’m quite puzzled about that one. Do they really, I mean genuinely believe that? Talk about being out of touch with realities. Europe actually needs their precious sperm (sorry for the image..) :p Lol! Are they for real? That is something I had actually never heard before. Pathetic mentalities... Gosh, they are so stupid. Ils sont trop cons! Sorry, I had to say it in my language.
I thought it was bizarre too. But, I know a few Tunisian men that became French citizens so I knew of the connection between France and Tunisia. I stupidly thought maybe there are other European countries with a similar connection. It still didn't seem logical though!

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
Yes, I'm definitely ok! I would rather know now than later. I tend to be a catalyst. I stir things up to see what floats to top. It didn't take long for lots to float!

I already have a flight booked for the end of summer but I'm flying into Spain since that's where the sale was. I wanted to check out Portugal. So, I already have a backup plan.

He got a few months of my attention. I consider myself lucky as some of you have been through the ringer.
Yes, you definitely dodged a bullet there. Have a great vacation in Spain!

simple

Major Ratslayer
He said that towards the beginning of when we started chatting. I had almost forgotten about it. I thought maybe his translator had done a bad translation. But, he mentioned incentives for Arab men marrying European women again after that.

At least I've been paying attention to the signs!!
They think were stupid ,,but that comment was really different ,,,This rat manual needs updating ,,Maybe a rat posted this on youtube ,thinking tourist swill watch it ,,I dont know ,What i do know is he is a rat ,,its haram[dirty ,not allowed] to marry an older woman or to ask a woman for money .

WTFARM

Would anyone be willing to do a honey trap? I'm 99% sure I should block this guy but I want to be fully at peace with it so I would rather not have any doubt whatsoever.

WTFARM

They think were stupid ,,but that comment was really different ,,,This rat manual needs updating ,,Maybe a rat posted this on youtube ,thinking tourist swill watch it ,,I dont know ,What i do know is he is a rat ,,its haram[dirty ,not allowed] to marry an older woman or to ask a woman for money .
I had wondered about that too. I know Indian men don't like older women. It should have occurred to me that other cultures are the same.

Asking for money was a HUGE red flag. I don't care how broke I am... I'm not going to ask someone on Facebook for money!