Welcome to TLR

Something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saraf

Junior Rat Expert
They seemed pretty respectful to me. And modern thinking. They rescued me in a bad situation where our hotel closed due to the current Coronavirus crisis. Our hotel closed in Hammamet and they arranged transport and I stayed 8 days until the British Embassy sent a rescue plane. I’d say that was more admiral than some prudey
He had met a couple of girls when he worked in hotels aged 22. He had one night stands less than 5. He was celibate when I Met him aged almost 25. So despite his hot body he felt guilty and wanted to marry me but I seduced him on our first holiday. I am experienced and knew by his shyness and bedside manner he had the tools of the trade but needed to know how to use them better. He’s good now. Sorry for the graphical explanation but you asked. Your other question to clarify if your guy was a virgin he was no gigilo. What exactly did he do to qualify as a rat?
I'm finding it difficult to understand how if he had 4 one night stands that would qualify him to be practically a virgin!! The definition of a rat here is a man/woman pretending to love the other party . It's also about using that person for different things money, visa opportunities, it has nothing to do with their sexual experiences lol
He had met a couple of girls when he worked in hotels aged 22. He had one night stands less than 5. He was celibate when I Met him aged almost 25. So despite his hot body he felt guilty and wanted to marry me but I seduced him on our first holiday. I am experienced and knew by his shyness and bedside manner he had the tools of the trade but needed to know how to use them better. He’s good now. Sorry for the graphical explanation but you asked. Your other question to clarify if your guy was a virgin he was no gigilo. What exactly did he do to qualify as a rat?
Firstly why are you describing him as practically a virgin when you say he has at least had 4 one night stands!! That is unbelievable really. Secondly a rat as defined here on TLR is a man/woman pretending to love another person for benefits including money, visas, presents. It's not about gigilos or virgins, it's about deception and pretence.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Can I ask you something dear? Has he tried to get to the UK before? I'm telling you from experience its extremely difficult to do that. Do you realise the strict rules that apply just for him to be considered. You have to be earning enough money or have a lot of savings. Even a tourist visa is extremely hard to get. Why do you think so many men from North Africa risk their lives on boats?
Thanks for your concern. I think it’s a confidential matter for now. I know we’ve been in a long term relationship and a Fiancé visa to U.K. is more difficult than the 90 Day Fiancé series K-1. However I intend to use lawyers to handle the complexities. There’s no guarantee but we have all the criteria and he is clean, no police record, no vices and we both had HIV tests and he passed his English test on my last visit. Due to Airport closure our marriage plans on hold. That’s all I can divulge. I think I’ve laid the emotional side of me bare and mostly had good advice and a little bit of ridicule. On the whole I find this forum informative and helpful to Europeans who fall in Love cross culturally with Tunisians as it highlights the pitfalls.

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
No he won’t. My friends tried that he blocked immediately. You see his photo here...no one has claimed to know him so not an official rat.
Pussycatz, you need to stop being so naive. It’s not because no one has claimed to know him that he’s not a rat. Beside, how many women saw or paid attention to your avatar? Probably less than 20, if even that.

Saraf

Junior Rat Expert
Thanks for your concern. I think it’s a confidential matter for now. I know we’ve been in a long term relationship and a Fiancé visa to U.K. is more difficult than the 90 Day Fiancé series K-1. However I intend to use lawyers to handle the complexities. There’s no guarantee but we have all the criteria and he is clean, no police record, no vices and we both had HIV tests and he passed his English test on my last visit. Due to Airport closure our marriage plans on hold. That’s all I can divulge. I think I’ve laid the emotional side of me bare and mostly had good advice and a little bit of ridicule. On the whole I find this forum informative and helpful to Europeans who fall in Love cross culturally with Tunisians as it highlights the pitfalls.
I was in a much longer relationship than you have been. Plus money wise I qualified
I was in a much longer long term relationship than yourself, plus I qualified money wise to bring him here. But I'm telling you its extremely expensive and hard to do it. I'm just hoping he is worth it and if he does get to the UK he stays with you!!

Saraf

Junior Rat Expert
Pussycatz, you need to stop being so naive. It’s not because no one has claimed to know him that he’s not a rat. Beside, how many women saw or paid attention to your avatar? Probably less than 20, if even that.
Exactly right I was my rats 1st victim unfortunately. I put him here to warn other ladies that will inevitably become involved with him in the future.

Liona

Major Ratslayer
I’m 3 years 4 months into my relationship
Let's be clear. This is not a "relationships". I repeat it every time when I hear women declare their 2-week's meetings and on-line chatting as relationships. This could be pre-relationships -as best -case scenario, still mostly it 's just parody of relationships.

You have all the signs him using you, but for some "personal reasons" you are going to marry him. It's time to jump off the victim scenario and start to respect yourself, you deserve this I think. I know one woman who fallen "in love" with an animator of the hotel we were staying at.:whistle: She is very-very attractive woman. And he is her child's age. I don't know if he was a rat in the worst sense. They had a romantic story, when she left home he has been singing her songs on Skype and all these things.:) Of course she decided to marry him. When I asked her "Whyyyy?" , she replied she wanted him next to her. You know, like a kind of assuarance he belongs to her and no one else. What a reason it was. I hope your reasons are more serious. By the way they did not marry, fortunately.

Last edited:

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Let's be clear. This is not a "relationships". I repeat it every time when I hear women declare their 2-week's meetings and on-line chatting as relationships. This could be pre-relationships -as best -case scenario, still mostly it 's just parody of relationships.

You have all the signs him using you, but for some "personal reasons" you are going to marry him. It's time to jump off the victim scenario and start to respect yourself, you deserve this I think. I know one woman who fallen "in love" with an animator of the hotel we were staying at.:whistle: She is very-very attractive woman. And he is her child's age. I don't know if he was a rat in the worst sense. They had a romantic story, when she left home he has been singing her songs on Skype and all these things.:) Of course she decided to marry him. When I asked her "Whyyyy?" , she replied she wanted him next to her. You know, like a kind of assuarance he belongs to her and no one else. What a reason it was. I hope your reasons are more serious. By the way they did not marry, fortunately.
We’ve spent almost year together over 3 x meetings per year. Ours is very much a long term, long distance relationship. Other Europeans have married earlier and sooner than me. I think that most people who marry want their partners next to them and yes what other reason is more important than being with your husband or wife.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
I was in a much longer relationship than you have been. Plus money wise I qualified

I was in a much longer long term relationship than yourself, plus I qualified money wise to bring him here. But I'm telling you its extremely expensive and hard to do it. I'm just hoping he is worth it and if he does get to the UK he stays with you!!
Pretty sad that he was a virgin then after taking his virginity you dumped him? Why?

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
You also seem to have an unhealthy obsession with virginity, which I find hard to understand as you are a 62 year old woman!!
You also seem to have an unhealthy obsession with virginity, which I find hard to understand as you are a 62 year old woman!!
What part of my sentence do you not understand? How you twist it’s meaning is your problem. Have a nice day and unless you are coming to my birthday party there’s no need to keep singing about my age.

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
@Pussycatz ...what @Saraf said is surely what many are thinking and @Croydon girl certainly strikes no one as 17 other than you, who's singing from the wrong hymn sheet about age now?

Everyone on here without exception, appears to have tried to give you huge knowledge including myself and you appear to dismiss all. I'm now done so go forth and marry your skint, deceptive and narcissistic Rat.
C’est la vie!

SouthernGirl

Major Ratslayer
@Pussycatz ...what @Saraf said is surely what many are thinking and @Croydon girl certainly strikes no one as 17 other than you, who's singing from the wrong hymn sheet about age now?

Everyone on here without exception, appears to have tried to give you huge knowledge including myself and you appear to dismiss all. I'm now done so go forth and marry your skint, deceptive and narcissistic Rat.
C’est la vie!
I

C’est la vie!
I completely agree, Tigerpants. Pussycatz, nobody was trying to be mean or rude but it looks like you took it the wrong way. You’re acting childish, but it’s not cute anymore past a certain age. You didn’t like some of the answers you got, but understand that some of your comments or questions are a bit off and I can see why some of us get frustrated and annoyed by your responses. I certainly am. I am because everyone explained clearly that you were putting yourself in danger by continuing this relationship and you still remain on your bubble, thinking you’re smarter and that we can’t understand and don’t know anything. I’m pretty sure your friends, the people around you who know about this relationship, tell you the same.
We were clear: this man is a rat and is using you. You came here because you saw his ratty ways (your words) and when we confirmed your fears, you say : yeah sure, you’re not wrong but I love him, I need to be loved, he loves me, I need to keep my promises, he’ll change, he’s young etc etc... and you go on with some bizarre speeches that don’t make a lot of sense.
He’ll probably never set foot in England but he’ll continue to lead you on online as long as you send him money. The day when you understand his game, you’ll be angry and heartbroken and you’ll need support and no one here would nag you and tell you: I told you so. You have been polite and nice but I have to be blunt. This rat is fucking with you, with your feelings, with your mind... and he will as long as you let him and to the day he doesn’t need you (meaning your money) any longer.
There is nothing really we can do or say at this point. Everyone has been clear and honest. You’re the only one in charge of your life. Be wise and be careful.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert

C’est la vie!
Support is not offered when it’s ageist, condescending and ganging up on me like before. The more eloquent and well mannered members have given advice but a few just asked personal questions and didn’t answer any just to criticise and bully me yet again. Just pray you never encounter poverty and go forth and enjoy your life in abundance. Just don’t expect a wedding invitation. And by the way if I was way depressed and got this reaction it could have serious consequences. So as the government advise, stay home and be kind. If not kind then at least civil. The latter applies to the rat lynching mob. It’s so medieval to be judgemental unless you yourself are a narcissist...the “in word”. Goodbye. I don’t intend to waste my time on personal affronts.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
I

I completely agree, Tigerpants. Pussycatz, nobody was trying to be mean or rude but it looks like you took it the wrong way. You’re acting childish, but it’s not cute anymore past a certain age. You didn’t like some of the answers you got, but understand that some of your comments or questions are a bit off and I can see why some of us get frustrated and annoyed by your responses. I certainly am. I am because everyone explained clearly that you were putting yourself in danger by continuing this relationship and you still remain on your bubble, thinking you’re smarter and that we can’t understand and don’t know anything. I’m pretty sure your friends, the people around you who know about this relationship, tell you the same.
We were clear: this man is a rat and is using you. You came here because you saw his ratty ways (your words) and when we confirmed your fears, you say : yeah sure, you’re not wrong but I love him, I need to be loved, he loves me, I need to keep my promises, he’ll change, he’s young etc etc... and you go on with some bizarre speeches that don’t make a lot of sense.
He’ll probably never set foot in England but he’ll continue to lead you on online as long as you send him money. The day when you understand his game, you’ll be angry and heartbroken and you’ll need support and no one here would nag you and tell you: I told you so. You have been polite and nice but I have to be blunt. This rat is fucking with you, with your feelings, with your mind... and he will as long as you let him and to the day he doesn’t need you (meaning your money) any longer.
There is nothing really we can do or say at this point. Everyone has been clear and honest. You’re the only one in charge of your life. Be wise and be careful.
Thanks for your opinion but don’t cover up the rude and mean comments by some members. It’s all black and white to them. There’s no grey areas. I don’t mind constructive criticisms or advice based on strong evidence not minor faux pas. I’m a writer so perhaps I used metaphors or alliteration here and there to describe my feelings and experiences. I don’t expect everyone gets it. I’m quite humble as it goes. Low self e
I

Low self esteem and thinking I’m smarter than everyone else don’t quite marry. Anyroad good luck with the rat bashing and anyone else who doesn’t drop their man based on circumstantial evidence.
I know who I am and I know he’s a young ambitious man who wants to better his life and make mine sweeter. Have none of you cats ever made mistakes? Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. I came here I repeat to see the pitfalls and to make my own decisions. I’ve made them now. And hate to prove anyone wrong but there are many couples who work through their financial problems given the chance of a decent paying income. Take care.

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert

C’est la vie!
Support is not offered when it’s ageist, condescending and ganging up on me like before. The more eloquent and well mannered members have given advice but a few just asked personal questions and didn’t answer any just to criticise and bully me yet again. Just pray you never encounter poverty and go forth and enjoy your life in abundance. Just don’t expect a wedding invitation. And by the way if I was way depressed and got this reaction it could have serious consequences. So as the government advise, stay home and be kind. If not kind then at least civil. The latter applies to the rat lynching mob. It’s so medieval to be judgemental unless you yourself are a narcissist...the “in word”. Goodbye. I don’t intend to waste my time on personal affronts.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Oh god..how my rat used to say things to convince me that he was not about money..how he used to say that he wants a simple life and he just cares that i loved him. And how ours was a big love. Omg..how i was so stupid to believe him. He only cares about money..his money that is. How he became too cheap to even take me for a coffee once he came to canada. How out of a sudden i became a cheap person because i would only send him 70 dinars for internet. He held it against me that he had to get his brother to pay for his dentist in tunisia. He disregards the fact that i have spend lots of money to travel there and i was paying immigration lawyer during that time. He told me that i became cheap during that time. He even said that i made him get sick when he was in canada because he slept in a cold room. Lol..the room was cold because he did not want to turn on the heat in order to not have to pay more for electricity. He made mold grow in that room because he would not turn the heater on. ..yet he told me the other day (he messaged me to get his mail)..that i used him and nothing is enough for me. He even told me that i am the rat and maybe you guys here just dont see it. I guess he is upset about this site..lol.

Anna2you

Major Ratslayer
Aww..i am sorry that you feel this way. I understand why you dont want to give up on your dreams. I did the same thing. I think most of us women on this side did this as well. I felt like i was strong and could deal with it if things were to go wrong. Well i still think that i am strong but i did not expect to develop a heart condition because his behaviour became so outrageous once he came to Canada..that i was in shock. Any thing i said was used against me and there was not one reasonable conversation. I started living with a constant tightness in my chest and throat and it took its toll. I pray that you wont have to go through that and that somehow you are one of the lucky ones.

Myriam1

Major Ratslayer
Come on Pussycatz, you're either not real, or just plain stupid!
I am a woman of your age, married for 12 years to a 20 years younger Tunisian, before getting married we lived together in Tunisia for 2 years...and today we're as happy together as we were the day we met! I never brought him to live in my home country and as for him, he loves his country and doesn't want to emigrate. ALSO my husband NEVER asked nor took one euro from me, on the contrary! When living together HE was the one that provided for everything (house, food etc.) with his own hard gained money, meaning that we lived a very simple life and ate basic but healthy food (as so many Tunisians do) and I was happy to do so! His proud of being the man in our household would never have allowed him to ask/accept one euro!
I am a very wealthy woman, but also have 3 grown up children that will get the inheritance...as I got married with seperation of assets.
My husband is still hard working and bringing home to me whatever he earns, as according to him I'm better with money than him.
THAT'S how a decent Tunisian man behaves dear Pussycatz, no words, but deeds!

In order to get back on topic here : rats do have very bad hygiene, both physically and IN THEIR MIND! They Don't give a damn about your soul...only hard cash counts! They're perverted from very young age on and will never change! So if you're dreaming of changing your frog into a prince…that will never happen.

Last edited:

Pussycatz

Senior Rat Expert
Aww..i am sorry that you feel this way. I understand why you dont want to give up on your dreams. I did the same thing. I think most of us women on this side did this as well. I felt like i was strong and could deal with it if things were to go wrong. Well i still think that i am strong but i did not expect to develop a heart condition because his behaviour became so outrageous once he came to Canada..that i was in shock. Any thing i said was used against me and there was not one reasonable conversation. I started living with a constant tightness in my chest and throat and it took its toll. I pray that you wont have to go through that and that somehow you are one of the lucky ones.
Come on Pussycatz, you're either not real, or just plain stupid!
I am a woman of your age, married for 12 years to a 20 years younger Tunisian, before getting married we lived together in Tunisia for 2 years...and today we're as happy together as we were the day we met! I never brought him to live in my home country and as for him, he loves his country and doesn't want to emigrate. ALSO my husband NEVER asked nor took one euro from me, on the contrary! When living together HE was the one that provided for everything (house, food etc.) with his own hard gained money, meaning that we lived a very simple life and ate basic but healthy food (as so many Tunisians do) and I was happy to do so! His proud of being the man in our household would never have allowed him to ask/accept one euro!
I am a very wealthy woman, but also have 3 grown up children that will get the inheritance...as I got married with seperation of assets.
My husband is still hard working and bringing home to me whatever he earns, as according to him I'm better with money than him.
THAT'S how a decent Tunisian man behaves dear Pussycatz, no words, but deeds!

In order to get back on topic here : rats do have very bad hygiene, both physically and IN THEIR MIND! They Don't give a damn about your soul...only hard cash counts! They're perverted from very young age on and will never change! So if you're dreaming of changing your frog into a prince…that will never happen.
Thanks Anna. I understand the intentions and “I’m sorry I feel this way” puts the onus on me that it’s my fault for the few catty comments amongst the carte blanche advice to leave him. Well he’s my Fiancé not a boyfriend and a ring is a promise to marry. We will work it out as no major damage as no property bought. I’m sorry you have a heart condition caused by the stress I’d imagine your ex put you through. In 2002 I developed PSVT a heart condition with similar symptoms to yours when my blue eyed Caucasian Canadian whom I’d similarly met on the Internet came to stay with me, hit my credit cards big time. I managed to pay back the banks with interest with the help of family back then. Since then I have just a couple of siblings and sweet old aunts, cousins, but I just need their emotional support in the main. So I guess I was involved with a real rat who happened to be Canadian who came to U.K. on a work visa. That’s why I’m wary about checking statements. I’m not in debt and intend to stay that way. It contributed to my heart condition which is the main reason I cannot live in Tunisia. Also I don’t like the mosquitoes there. I’m on heart medication for life as at risk of stroke or cardiac arrest. I’m human and I don’t like to be called stupid for following my heart or that I should know better at my age. Maybe if the road ahead is strewn with obstacles I can avoid falling with a road map. Again understanding my logic may be difficult for some but just because I don’t immediately give up on my dreams doesn’t make me less intelligent or naive. I’m here to help fix things not throw them away as in my Fiancé who has in turn made me a better person in that I’m more loving. He gets my heart racing at times but mainly in a good way. I do love the sweet side of Tunisia and I’m happy for Myriam she has a man who fully supports her despite her wealth. I’m not wealthy but I share what I have. He has bought my rings, out of his hard earned money and has fallen in love with me I instinctually know. He says the right things and wants to support me in future given the opportunity. Time will tell. Goodbye for now. I’m mentally tired answering all. I’m polite in that respect. It comes from my Admin background. Take care.

Jane

Major Ratslayer
Thanks Anna. I understand the intentions and “I’m sorry I feel this way” puts the onus on me that it’s my fault for the few catty comments amongst the carte blanche advice to leave him. Well he’s my Fiancé not a boyfriend and a ring is a promise to marry. We will work it out as no major damage as no property bought. I’m sorry you have a heart condition caused by the stress I’d imagine your ex put you through. In 2002 I developed PSVT a heart condition with similar symptoms to yours when my blue eyed Caucasian Canadian whom I’d similarly met on the Internet came to stay with me, hit my credit cards big time. I managed to pay back the banks with interest with the help of family back then. Since then I have just a couple of siblings and sweet old aunts, cousins, but I just need their emotional support in the main. So I guess I was involved with a real rat who happened to be Canadian who came to U.K. on a work visa. That’s why I’m wary about checking statements. I’m not in debt and intend to stay that way. It contributed to my heart condition which is the main reason I cannot live in Tunisia. Also I don’t like the mosquitoes there. I’m on heart medication for life as at risk of stroke or cardiac arrest. I’m human and I don’t like to be called stupid for following my heart or that I should know better at my age. Maybe if the road ahead is strewn with obstacles I can avoid falling with a road map. Again understanding my logic may be difficult for some but just because I don’t immediately give up on my dreams doesn’t make me less intelligent or naive. I’m here to help fix things not throw them away as in my Fiancé who has in turn made me a better person in that I’m more loving. He gets my heart racing at times but mainly in a good way. I do love the sweet side of Tunisia and I’m happy for Myriam she has a man who fully supports her despite her wealth. I’m not wealthy but I share what I have. He has bought my rings, out of his hard earned money and has fallen in love with me I instinctually know. He says the right things and wants to support me in future given the opportunity. Time will tell. Goodbye for now. I’m mentally tired answering all. I’m polite in that respect. It comes from my Admin background. Take care.
Very bizarre

Saraf

Junior Rat Expert
It's not exactly a confidential matter when you wrote on a previous post he had been refused a visa to the UK twice before!!! You seem to think it's easy to get him here when you obviously have tried and failed. It will cost you a lot of money if you keep trying to go down this route that's all I was trying to point out!! The problem will be when you run out of money, what will happen then?

Tigerpants

Major Ratslayer
Believe me I wouldn't come if invited as I wouldn't condone fraud!

Croydon girl

Major Ratslayer
It's not exactly a confidential matter when you wrote on a previous post he had been refused a visa to the UK twice before!!! You seem to think it's easy to get him here when you obviously have tried and failed. It will cost you a lot of money if you keep trying to go down this route that's all I was trying to point out!! The problem will be when you run out of money, what will happen then?
He's been refused a visa to the uk twice before? Well, her only option is to live with lover boy in Tunisia!

Status
Not open for further replies.