taxi fees - please help :-)

Discussion in 'RSN Lounge' started by Etoyoc, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

For a website with a list of taxi fares in Tunisia, I am looking for actual information, namely from the regions of Sousse/Monastir, Hammamet, Tunis and Djerba, but each and every information from anywhere in Tunisia is welcome (Gafsa, Kairouan, Kef, Jendouba, etc., etc.)!

- normal taxi fares in the daytime (if known, also at nighttime), only normal taxi fares, not louages, tuktuks, etc. :)
    - as actual as possible, preferred from within the last few months
    - preferred from/to points of interest, like hotel to airport, town center to souk, not from sister in law to grandmother, etc. (you know what I mean... :))

Please answer here in the forum (then readers get actual information right away) - or by PM. :)

1000 thanks!!!

2. maya

maya Member

ummm ummm good god it hasnt even been a month since Ive been in Hammamet and yet I cant seem to remember this!! :D I think Yasmine Hammamet to old Hammamet is around 3-4 dinar.. something like that. and um ... oh god... :rolleyes: Well I am almost possibly sure about the Yasmine thingy... sorry I couldnt be much more of a help :D

3. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

im not being a smart ass.
    anyone currently in Tunisia, just get in a taxi, look what it starts out at when he moves the "switch",,,
    watch for a kilometer then look at the meter. Would not that work ? I've not seen much cheating on taxis,,,in all my years,,,when they use the meter...i think, except maybe for airports and odd places it is uniform,,,is it not ? ::Coffee::

4. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

I kinda am unable to get in a taxi. I have kids - two of which are still in car seats, 1 of who needs to be carried. To even get a taxi I'd have to walk out to the main raod somehow carrying two car seats, a baby, and keeping the others in tow. Wouldn't work for me.

Plus I have my own car and have no need for taxis.

5. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

the light goes on

then again, maybe i didn't get it quite right, or misunderstood at worst,,,
    you are trying to accumulate a listing of points of interest fares.
    maybe this, is the best way to get them,,,,,and it is,,,,from people who are doing it... ah ha :O: that's it eh ?

6. Beansontoast

Beansontoast Moderator Staff Member

Outskirts of Gafsa to town centre...........1-3 Dinar

Gafsa to Monastir Airport 120 Dinar......................that was yesterday cos the pr..k of a car hire man lent the car to his brother even though I had ordered it a week before.There is no other place to get a car hired except with this pr.ck from the town of dinosaur feet.

7. WouldI

WouldI Guest

He he he Hobs - purleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee write a blog about your new life in Gafsa it really makes me laugh!!!! :D And I miss you :cry: xxx

8. chefref

chefref Member

I know, right? We're only getting hints, but even those are hilarious!:w:

9. chefref

chefref Member

And even if, when you are there, you have to write them by hand, brave the post office and mail to someone who can post them for you, that just makes it even better!

10. WouldI

WouldI Guest

::laughing:: Perhaps they still rely on pigeon post (or even pterodactyl post :D LMAO!)

11. WouldI

WouldI Guest

Wilmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: