Text Messages (sms for you yanks & the like lol)

T

TunisiaMoon

Do you get those stupid bloody annoying text messages that go something like this.... "this is an angel... blah...pass on....12 friends.....include me.... something good will happen".

:sick:puke::sick:puke::puke:

Anyway i got a BRILL text from a friend today and I couldn't help but forward it to everyone.....

" After careful consideration of your performance as a friend in 2010, I have decided to extend your friendship for a further 12 months. Try not to eff it up x!"

I lolled for ages over that one. The others drive me mad and I usually delete them straight away but that one is a classic :ben:

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
I definitely like that one better than a lot of the other forwards that I get. I have one friend who sends the best (and usually dirtiest ) forwards. And another one that sends the mushiest most annoying stuff LOL I'm the buck stops here text forwarder message-r person though, I never resend.

Tunisianbelle

'Don't call me Darling!' Mod
Staff member
I'm the buck stops here text forwarder message-r person though, I never resend.
I'm pretty much the same way. I like to read the SMS' though. The only problem is that most people want to send them to me in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep!:mad:

alAzima

Administrator & Voice of Reason
Staff member
I'm pretty much the same way. I like to read the SMS' though. The only problem is that most people want to send them to me in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep!:mad:
I have friends on the west coast who do the same thing to me. It's like midnight or later here and only 9 pm there and they don't think about the fact that I am asleep. I always do a mental time calculation before I send or call anyone out of my time zone

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
I have friends on the west coast who do the same thing to me. It's like midnight or later here and only 9 pm there and they don't think about the fact that I am asleep. I always do a mental time calculation before I send or call anyone out of my time zone
I do the same, but usually forget to put my phone on silent and get awaken in the night by these texts - usually cold callers. The anti virus protectors dont seem to work much in the night. I dont understand why?

Sandra127

I find those forward texts quite annoying, especially the ones with threats if you don't re-send. I never re-send. However when feeling mischevious I have considered designing one that says they have to forward it to 2,000 friends - that should keep them too busy to send any more to me!

paula01

I find those forward texts quite annoying, especially the ones with threats if you don't re-send. I never re-send. However when feeling mischevious I have considered designing one that says they have to forward it to 2,000 friends - that should keep them too busy to send any more to me!
Who would have 2,000 friends? unless you had won the lottery of course:ben:

scarlett rose

lol I jst got one from my best friend she actually had been to hospital that day and I thought wtf?anyway here it goes

I had an x-ray done today ,and they found you in my heart. The doctor saidif they took you out, I would die because I could not live without such a good friend...give this heart to everyone you don't want to lose in 2011including me if you care.try to collect12 it's not easy! you have 20 mins to tell 6 friends they are important to you..REMEMBER TOMORROW IS NEVER PROMISED XX

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
I always delete the ones with threats of misfortune befalling me if I didnt act in such and such a time. I think friends pass these on because they are too scared of what may happen if they didnt. I ignore, and so far nothing has happened in the timescales mentioned. These texts should be banned. Not sure who they benefit or how they benefit any one.

Sandra127

I always delete the ones with threats of misfortune befalling me if I didnt act in such and such a time. I think friends pass these on because they are too scared of what may happen if they didnt. I ignore, and so far nothing has happened in the timescales mentioned. These texts should be banned. Not sure who they benefit or how they benefit any one.
True, nothing ever happens in the timescale or if you have the wrong number of friends..............They were probably made up by the phone companies!

Caramel

Clairvoyante !!
Yes, I think you are right but with free text minutes - they are not making any money!

Top Bottom