The Legendary Tunisian Sulk

Laura2014

Staff Member/Administrator
Staff member
You will read a lot here in different posts about how the Tunisian Love Rat sulks. I thought it deserved its own thread.

Sulking or feeling offended is endemic. I’ve never known anyone to sulk like a Tunisian man. It’s the height of hipocracy, they can make all kinds of unreasonable demands and exhibit atricious behaviour but call them out on it and they go into an incredible SULK. Sulking presents itself in many ways. If it’s on line then it’s often the silent treatment, refusing to answer messages or calls. Face to face it’s a bombardment of abuse. Supposedly hurt feelings, refusing to speak or ignoring the most simple request or conversation. It’s the kind of behaviour that we expect of 4 year olds or teenage boys in puberty. They can sulk for any reason. Food they don’t like, clothes not clean, lack of WiFi, they act as though the world is against them. They are victims of some terrible injustice. They gossip, they are the kings of gossip, bad mouthing their family, neighbours, friends, employers, but if they hear something about themselves it’s catestrophic! The most simple problem turns into a mammoth sulk. In our often naive but consiliatory ways we try to bring them round, smooth troubled waters just for an easier life. Their mothers cosset and spoil them and eventually everything is ok until the next sulk. I think it comes from a feeling that they are entitled and that they should have an easy life in return for fulfilling their role as head of the family, that everyone should be grateful. I’ve never met anyone else who could sulk so professionally.

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Ha, the legendary sulking! Brilliant.....and certainly worthy of its own thread! :D
Spoilt freakin, self centred mummies boys :rolleyes:
I used to get the silent treatment....whilst living with him!! Never felt so damn uncomfortable in my life...it's kinda funny, but actually, it's cruel, horrible and controlling. They really are like stroppy, little pre schoolers throwing a paddy :rolleyes:

Amira

Believe that the Tunisian / Arabic culture is a bit similar to the Italian / Spanish culture mom boys. Their mothers before them get spoiled and when they find girlfriends / wives, these boys expect their wives to do as their mother does. Make their food wash clothes etc because it's a female job and not a man's job and when we are in from north europe we find men in from these countries then crash it with our culture. But I do not think neither Italian / Spanish men ask for money. What I mean is that they are close to the Arab culture in something not all. Men is men and women is women

Amira

Tunisa is a man's dominated country where men have too much power. They live about 150 years back in time. There women must be obedient and not contradict the man. If she is not a good housewife then she will be looked down on. Many of these boys come from a home where their mothers are at home. They are used to getting everything in their hands and demanding it even in adulthood, and if you say it to you, it's your mistake and not themThey are not wrong

Amira

You will read a lot here in different posts about how the Tunisian Love Rat sulks. I thought it deserved its own thread.

Sulking or feeling offended is endemic. I’ve never known anyone to sulk like a Tunisian man. It’s the height of hipocracy, they can make all kinds of unreasonable demands and exhibit atricious behaviour but call them out on it and they go into an incredible SULK. Sulking presents itself in many ways. If it’s on line then it’s often the silent treatment, refusing to answer messages or calls. Face to face it’s a bombardment of abuse. Supposedly hurt feelings, refusing to speak or ignoring the most simple request or conversation. It’s the kind of behaviour that we expect of 4 year olds or teenage boys in puberty. They can sulk for any reason. Food they don’t like, clothes not clean, lack of WiFi, they act as though the world is against them. They are victims of some terrible injustice. They gossip, they are the kings of gossip, bad mouthing their family, neighbours, friends, employers, but if they hear something about themselves it’s catestrophic! The most simple problem turns into a mammoth sulk. In our often naive but consiliatory ways we try to bring them round, smooth troubled waters just for an easier life. Their mothers cosset and spoil them and eventually everything is ok until the next sulk. I think it comes from a feeling that they are entitled and that they should have an easy life in return for fulfilling their role as head of the family, that everyone should be grateful. I’ve never met anyone else who could sulk so professionally.
It is a difficult culture

Laura2014

Staff member
Another thing-guy im interacting with is bullied by his own mom. If I can call it that cuz he said he is. Often doing dishes, washing his clothes on his own, gardening etc. But his sulk is based on getting offended when I complain about something, as in any relationship girls, we must admit, get moody or demanding (once a month at least due PMS). And i do attack him. This one goes into "broken heart" mode. Asking why am I acting that way? What did he do wrong? Im mean to him..blabla. I know im hitting below waist but still dont be a pu*sy. And then he turns on me. Gets mad, not really but acts that way, and then I feel sorry for bitching out on him. All SULK! Reverse psyhologie tactic. What do U think? I mean, if any other guy (not Tunisian) was acting like this, we wouldnt think of it as much. Dk.
In terms of emotional maturity they are at least 15 years behind a woman of a similar age. They are full of histrionics.

Laura2014

Staff member
sulking
walking around or laying around being all depressed and with no energy to do anything because you're so pissed and depressed that it's as though you're dying but not quite yet :D
Boy; I want what I want when I want it.
Mother; you’ll get what you get when you get it.
Boy; kicks chair, stamps feet, bangs the door, shouts, cries and when he still does not get what he wants he SULKS, refuses to speak, and thinks the world is his enemy.

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Another thing-guy im interacting with is bullied by his own mom. If I can call it that cuz he said he is. Often doing dishes, washing his clothes on his own, gardening etc.
Pfffft, I don't believe a word of it!! Mummy does everything bar clean their ass! She spends all day slaving over a hot stove, preparing a huge meal for the family men, she's scrubbing floors, doing laundry, ironing.....while these rats sit on their lazy, good for nothing asses in coffee shops!

Those mummies treat these ratty pieces of trash like royalty...princes with a penis! They get up all hours of the day and night to wait hand service on these useless creatures!

I used to go apeshit at my rat for the way he treated his mother like a slave, but it's normal over there....it's just hard for us civilised, progressed, strong, independent women to understand.

Have you met your bloke in real life?

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Have you met your bloke in real life?

Yes I have. He was always handy and ready to please. Having no demands except £2 worth of spare part 4 joystick that he fixed him self. I on purposly offered to buy him a new one, on which he said loud NO.
He sounds just like my bastard....always handy and ready to please....I was treated like a queen!
Refused to ask for money too.....all part of the plan to fool you into believing he isn't using you for a visa :rolleyes:

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
I am aware that that could be it! Although he isnt getting it from me! I found U lovely ppl on timeI turned tables and using him 4 funAm I a rat?LOL! Guess its my way of paying him back 4 tricking me in the first place.
Using him for fun? Where is the fun? They are utter shite in the sack, have no sense of humour, sulk at the drop of a hat and have nothing to offer....doesn't sound like much fun to me :confused:

Laura2014

Staff member
Actually it is! I have no obligations to others, free girl exploring as U might say. Getting to know different country and having short holiday there isnt costing me much, same as if I went anywhere else. Having an idiot by my side to please is a bonus. Its twisted I know, lots of U that got really hurt by this scums dont see logic in it but I am after his ass! Just wait & see! Im well known for original twists of fates
@bambinna, oh if I had a £ or even a dinar or two for each time I heard that story. Girl you may think you call all the shots, are in complete control, can use his sorry ass, but it never ends well. You’ve been reading here a while you know the routine.......

Laura2014

Staff member
Thx 4 ur opinion sweety but I dont see it happening. Im not in anyway hooked up on this guy. That on its one makes me pretty capable of calling the shots! Built my walls of defence high enough for him not being able to stick in if I decide to go away. Lets just say that by pure coincidence I hustled him from early start enough to blur my route. I admit, at the beginning I thought I was really falling 4 him, but found this forum and since then all changed. That was literally minutes before I wanted to become clear with him & start new relationship. But, since I found out im 99% being hustled, I turned to hustler myself! Judge if U want, call it losing time but most of you "victims" here wish U had your eyes opened sooner. And since U didnt, in certain way, U wish U can make them at least realize how much they impacted your lifes and hurted U. Well not me! Im not in that box, I assure U!
Never been a victim, eyes were wide open, hairs on the back of my neck stood up... I still didn’t listen

So go, play, have fun if it’s the kinda fun that rocks your boat. We’ll see you on the way back....

bambinna

Never been a victim, eyes were wide open, hairs on the back of my neck stood up... I still didn’t listen

So go, play, have fun if it’s the kinda fun that rocks your boat. We’ll see you on the way back....
Sure

Top Bottom