The Military

Discussion in 'Tunisian Revolution' started by dodger, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Sillygirl55

Sillygirl55 Well-Known Member

Haha, Heidi, I love you! Thank you :D Do you know if we can put names and photos on there?

Heidi and London like this.
  2. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Yes you can, but I don´t know how. You have to be a member. They have an english corner

FoolInLove, Sillygirl55 and London like this.
  3. Sillygirl55

Well I shall be making it my mission to find out. Her ex is in the process of dropping an email to the Czech Republic embassy, as that now seems to be the focal point. Are there any Czech Republic members on here? We'd be interested to know if it's an easy country for a rat to get to.

Heidi and London like this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Sillygirl55 likes this.
  5. Sillygirl55

London, Heidi and FoolInLove like this.
  6. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

7. ijs

ijs Well-Known Member

Here is my Rat's VK page. I didn't even know that's what VK was for!
    https://vk.com/id360558203

Mango Chutney and Heidi like this.
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

The army. This is one my rat used. Hadnt heard from him for a few weeks then got a message saying he had to go away to the army unless he could get £400 to buy himself out. It was around the time I found out about the other woman so I refused to help saying I didn't have the money. He disappeared for a week or so then came back saying he'd made a deal where he could pay instalments till it was paid off. I later heard she'd been to stay hence the disappearance. Strangely enough it was never mentioned again lol. Just saying

Heidi likes this.
  9. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Ha, that's a typical ratty lie to cover a longer absence! My rat told his victims he was spending Ramadan with his family and so contact would be intermittent due to no internet. Actually, I was with him :D They need to come up with better lies, as the military, sick relative, I've been in hospital/prison and Ramadan excuses for lack of contact are a bit old school now :rolleyes:

Heidi likes this.
  10. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Omg he used the Ramadan one with me too. That and his cousins wedding which would last a whole week. Stupidly I believed him but later found out the other woman was with him. New year was the worst one. He actually contacted me at midnight to wish me happy New year but then said he wouldn't have internet for the rest of the holidays as he was in a little village with no internet. No he'd switched off his phone to be with her. It was the worst Xmas and new year ever for me while he was shacked up with her.
    Foolish woman believing all the lies

Laura2014 and Heidi like this.
  11. Mango Chutney

Haha! :D:D
    Ooooh, there's one I haven't heard before! I'll have to edit my other thread! I wonder if he was the groom :D
    Yep, those little villages with no internet. I lived in one of those little villages for a while, there were at least six men only coffee shops with free Wi-Fi :rolleyes:

12. Heba

Heba Well-Known Member

What is all this military excuse they use? Mine never even mentioned it, never went and neithwr did his friends. So i dont get the concept of how it normally works there?

13. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I was told he had a letter saying he had to join the army and fight with guns. Didn't believe a word of it as I'd just been told about his relationship with another woman so I presumed he just wanted money sent so he could spend it when she was there. I'd heard about this scam before so I was quite prepared for it. Made a change from his phone being broken or he hadn't been paid from the hotel

14. Mango Chutney

Mine didn't use it on me, I guess there was no point as I lived with him, but I saw it mentioned in messages to his other fishes online. It meant nothing to me then, as I saw no mention of money, didn't know about bezness, but once I started reading here properly.....suddenly I understood!!
    They are supposed to do a years army subscription, but other than that they can buy their way out of it, I don't know much more detail. They use going away for army duty as an excuse for lack of contact or as a way to scam money.
    After Sousse, all young Tunisian males were stopped on the streets and sent to do their military duty if they could not prove employment. None of them want to do it...no patriotism nor work ethic!
    They set up a system whereby those that saw youths being stopped and their ID checked, would message around each other to let them know which areas to avoid. Wimps :rolleyes:

Heba likes this.
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

Disgusting. Young men here willing fight for their country. Just show what despicable humans some of them are. I felt sick that he thought me so stupid that I'd swallow his lies but I suppose I had done so many times before. If u ask me a years service might actually do them good

Mango Chutney likes this.
  16. Mango Chutney

I agree!! Hopefully it would turn them into men, teach them loyalty and patriotism, teach them how to do an honest days work instead of scamming. I think the buyout option should be unavailable to them. I think there are rules stating that an only son doesn't need to do it, nor do fathers of young children. I'm not entirely sure though :confused:

* I also saw messages from my rodent to his online fishes saying he'd been in jail, that he hadn't paid his bills or something...it's hard to remember now. These lies were to cover his lack of contact and perhaps get money, I don't know. I am so angry with myself for not reading around this site when I found it....the answers were here all along! Hindsight, eh :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 30, 2017
    Masha likes this.
  17. Gorgeous

Gorgeous Well-Known Member

My rat did his military year - and from what he told me - even there he was scheming in order to get cushy jobs! Nature of the beast. Probably had a degree in scamming for future projects!! AKA - me!!