The Price is Right

Discussion in 'RAT-DAR' started by Woodlog, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Woodlog

Woodlog Guest

It seems to me that some rats thrive by playing on a lack of knowledge and understanding of the true costs of living in Tunisia. I'm thinking about prices quoted for 'classic' rat 'needs' such as healthcare (operations, x-rays for mother, father, granny etc.), buy-out payments for military service, accomodation costs (i.e. to rent an apartment for a week) wedding costs, sheep for Eid (!) cows, etcetera etcetara ::sleepy::

Obviously, these can only be 'rough guides', but it may be helpful to those who have been asked for money in order to gauge whether 'the price is right' or whether they smell a rat.... :Rat2:

2. Tunisianbelle

Tunisianbelle 'Don't call me Darling!' Mod Staff Member

The prices for all those things vary - especially the medical depending on what is being done and whether it is being done in the hospital or a clinique.

Sheep for Eid - the lowest I have heard is about 170TND (usually country side or smaller towns/villages). The highest is 1000TND (around Tunis).

3. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

They are rats in the first place for asking for money!!! The shower of gits!!!!! LOL :rolleyes:

4. Tunisianbelle

Buying a cow usually costs around 900-1300TND

5. Tunisianbelle

Wedding cost - what kind of wedding? A normal traditional Tunisian wedding is upwards of 25,000TND

6. Tunisianbelle

Renting an apartment depends on what amenities the apartment has, the city, where in the city, etc. Usually a short term lease (under six months) is more expensive than a long term, and for a week it can be as much as a hotel.

There are hotels through Tunisia where you can rent a room for 10TND a day. They are the "local" hotels -meaning they do not cater to tourists, but rather locals who just need a place to stay and nothing fancy (entertainment, food, etc)

7. Jasmine

Jasmine Member

i paid 260TDN for a 2 bedroom apartment in Sousse in december.

Although this varies on the time of year. But i have some links if people want for a few places that do rentals, if they want them PM me....
    xxx

8. Woodlog

Woodlog Guest

I think that there are sometimes genuine reasons for sending money (perhaps in a more established relationship), in the same way that you might share costs of something with a partner in your own country etc.

9. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

:p Woop Woop!!!! Woody is wearing her serious hat today hehe!!!!.....wonder how long that will last ner ner ner ner:p

10. Woodlog

Woodlog Guest

::Rofl:: I can do it, I can do it, I can do it. Stay away from Julia, stay away from Julia, stay away from Julia :D

11. Woodlog

Woodlog Guest

I think I've figured it out Julz. Hubby was watching 'The Exorcist' in bed last night as I lay next to him. They must have taken my demons too :D

No comments on our love life based on the above thankyou :no::no::w:

12. PPiper

PPiper Guest

13. Angelwings

Angelwings Guest

Money, money, money!

Why on earth would ANYONE give a guy they have a relationship with on holiday their cash??? Surly that is just buying love/sex and as The Beatles say "Money Can't Buy You Love." Would you give a man you had just met in the UK cash? No! So why do it in a third world country where woman tourists looking for love/sex/marrage/a younger guy/a relationship is a business that is as old as the Qur'an itself.

If you are looking for a foreign man why go to a country that is poorer than your own, why not go to the likes of France, Italy, Spain or Monaco???

Remember Women use sex to get love and men esp Tunisian/third world country men use love as a way to get sex & money just to make a living!! In the UK is known as prostitution but with the roles reversed and just like "your rats" these people also have partners and children etc etc.

Pull your knickers up, dry your eyes ladies and just face the fact that you have been used and abused!!!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COUSCOUS LADIES!!!

:p

14. Jasmine

Jasmine Member

:rolleyes: I never parted with cash nor did i drop my knickers! so you are wrong to assume we all go there for sex! :mad:

15. Tunisianbelle

Hi Angelwings.

First of all, not all of the women on this forum have given money to men. The list for prices is to serve a few purposes:
    • To help future women from falling into the trap of giving money/giving too much.
    • To help all people know what things cost so that when they come for vacation should they need any service they know how much to bring so they are prepared.
    • For people who want to move here to Tunisia - so they know what to expect.

Can I ask you a question? By the tone of your post you sound like a certain other member - could you be a second rat in disguise here on the forum? :w::rolleyes:

16. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

To be honest I don't think people realise what they are heading for with their first holiday to Tunisia...... I certainly didn't.
    I didn't realise it was such a poor country & neither did I imagine that there would be so many rats ready to fleece INNOCENT TOURISTS........
    I've already said my hubby is no where near a rat......My knickers will be up and down like the blackpool big one as long as I have my gawjus hubby.......in fact I might just start going commando instead........mmmm my hubby can use n abuse me all day...n nite hahahah !!!!!(h)

17. TunisiaMoon

TunisiaMoon Guest

OMG....I sooooo hope you didn't use any certain "toy" last nite......(picture the film :huh:)

18. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:spank: How very rude :Hmm:

19. Marie

Marie Member

You are so sure of what you are saying that it seems to me that you know how things work too well. :Hmm:

Let me tell you that yes, I have sent money to Tunisia and I have sent some gifts too. And no, I had no sex, no cuddling, no nothing. Like the beatles say "a little help from my friends".

And also as Aretha Franklin says:

R-E-S-P-E-C-T
    Find out what it means to me
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T ​

Go to sleep and have nice dreams about couscous

20. hi!i don't need anyone to give me sex/money or anything.i never asked or searched for man for sex ,money. .i think you are right that most of us were abused in a way-some emotional ,some loose money and heart -but no one cries.we are a nice company,with love to a country ,Tunisia and some with bad stories with some of the local guys.-not all are bad,again.our aim is to help people avoid being hurt if ever come in this place.

21. Angelwings

Angelwings Guest

MIAOW Jasmine!

Did I touch a little nerve there??:p

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....and I thought Pinocchio was just a small wooden puppet!!! ::teasing::

The lady doth protest too much, methinks :Jest:

As Marvin Gaye said "Heard It Through The Grapevine"

LOVE

Angelwings ::angel::

22. Jasmine

Jasmine Member

You are very rude...But i could not give a flying fig!!

Im not protesting, im telling you FACTS!!

23. Angelwings

Angelwings Guest

Your even more daft than I thought it you parted with cash AND sent gifts THEN got nothing in return!!!

You must be really ugly!

24. Marie

Marie Member

I am not like you, you know. I don't expect to get something in return when I help people. Hey, but some people are well educated, some aren't. I am sorry you haven't been educated in order to give without taking.

And yes I am ugly. But I am polite, I am decent, I have my own dignity. Wait, I am sorry, you are not familiar with these words... well, I won't teach them to you because your case is a lost case.

As your dear friends would say: have a nice for a life.

25. Tunisianbelle

Ladies - I do believe that Angelwings is a bona fide rat in disguise! Look at all those "cleaver" comebacks!