The Reason Rats Have No Values!

In a previous thread I discussed that the mindset of holding no values especially with foreigners, and just believe in money is widespread among Tunisians. And some of you were wondering how those people call themselves Muslims when doing this!

It has nothing to do with being a Muslim or any other faith. Because you believe in some ideology doesn't mean that you will obey all the rules 100%! It's a culture and mindset that is built in Tunisians (not all of them of course but it's widespread) from centuries ago.

To understand this you have to get a glimpse about history.

Basically current Tunisians are mixture of different origins; Arabs, Berbers, Andalusians, Turks, Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, Jews, and a mixture from all over the Mediterranean. But the majority have Arab and Berber roots.
Back in history (around 2,000 years ago in Arabia) Arabs were two branches; the first branch was noble and these Arabs were civilized (based on that era norms), live in small cities, believe in values and stick to them, rich and work as merchants traveling and trading from the Arab peninsula to Levant, Turkey up to Greece in the north, and to Persia in the East. The second branch was formed by rural Arabs, these were Bedouins roaming the desert, and most of the time were bandits raiding merchants caravans and cities.

When Tunisia was first conquered by Muslims in the end of the 7th century, at the beginning just the first branch of noble Arabs came and installed in the country and built the different Arab cities on coastal areas (called Medinas now in Tunisia). Basically these Arabs were limited in number and worked as rulers (governors called Wali and military commanders), but the majority of Tunisians back then were Berbers (who ran away and hid in the mountains on the Algerian borders) and other Mediterranean origins who kept living in the new cities governed by Arab Walis. (If you visit Tunisia you can notice that many people living in coastal cities hold Mediterranean facial features, while those in the south and near the Algerian borders look more Arab and Berber).

At the 11th century, a huge wave of rural Bedouin Arabs stormed all over North Africa including Tunisia. For centuries they kept making troubles, working as bandits, and raiding the different cities (medinas) and stealing from trading caravans, although they hold the Islamic faith! (Some explain this because they became Muslims in the 7th century out of fear of the new strong Muslim rulers in Arabia and Levant, so they weren't that real Muslims, they announce it verbally and practice Islam, but deep down they are not that believing).

So these Bedouins kept for centuries being bandits, till came the French colonization in the end of the 19th century and forced them by military power to obey the laws, but their tribal organization was somehow kept because it was serving the French to control them. Control the leader and you control the tribe. After independence the new republic demolished all kind of tribal organization. But somehow the mindset of stealing, raiding, don't care about whoever isn't from your tribe, being a bandit, not holding values kept installed in so many Tunisians.

Berbers who used to be living in mountains and tough areas on the Algerian borders (because they were running away from new conquering Muslims), also were in some sort bandits themselves as well!

So to summarize it, most of Tunisians were bandits with no values back in time, and although there's no bandits anymore, the mindset is somehow still installed in the people.

P.S Myself I know my family tree, and I have for origin one of those rural Bedouin tribes that came from Arabia to Tunisia in the 11th century. I'm saying this to make it clear that I'm not from another ethnicity and I don't hold hate towards Arabs or Berbers, and I'm not ashamed of having this origin. At the end I'm not responsible for other people history! I respect everyone, but I believe we should discuss the misconducts of our ancestors objectively, and not defend them blindly!

JGG

In a previous thread I discussed that the mindset of holding no values especially with foreigners, and just believe in money is widespread among Tunisians. And some of you were wondering how those people call themselves Muslims when doing this!

It has nothing to do with being a Muslim or any other faith. Because you believe in some ideology doesn't mean that you will obey all the rules 100%! It's a culture and mindset that is built in Tunisians (not all of them of course but it's widespread) from centuries ago.

To understand this you have to get a glimpse about history.

Basically current Tunisians are mixture of different origins; Arabs, Berbers, Andalusians, Turks, Greeks, Romans, Phoenicians, Jews, and a mixture from all over the Mediterranean. But the majority have Arab and Berber roots.
Back in history (around 2,000 years ago in Arabia) Arabs were two branches; the first branch was noble and these Arabs were civilized (based on that era norms), live in small cities, believe in values and stick to them, rich and work as merchants traveling and trading from the Arab peninsula to Levant, Turkey up to Greece in the north, and to Persia in the East. The second branch was formed by rural Arabs, these were Bedouins roaming the desert, and most of the time were bandits raiding merchants caravans and cities.

When Tunisia was first conquered by Muslims in the end of the 7th century, at the beginning just the first branch of noble Arabs came and installed in the country and built the different Arab cities on coastal areas (called Medinas now in Tunisia). Basically these Arabs were limited in number and worked as rulers (governors called Wali and military commanders), but the majority of Tunisians back then were Berbers (who ran away and hid in the mountains on the Algerian borders) and other Mediterranean origins who kept living in the new cities governed by Arab Walis. (If you visit Tunisia you can notice that many people living in coastal cities hold Mediterranean facial features, while those in the south and near the Algerian borders look more Arab and Berber).

At the 11th century, a huge wave of rural Bedouin Arabs stormed all over North Africa including Tunisia. For centuries they kept making troubles, working as bandits, and raiding the different cities (medinas) and stealing from trading caravans, although they hold the Islamic faith! (Some explain this because they became Muslims in the 7th century out of fear of the new strong Muslim rulers in Arabia and Levant, so they weren't that real Muslims, they announce it verbally and practice Islam, but deep down they are not that believing).

So these Bedouins kept for centuries being bandits, till came the French colonization in the end of the 19th century and forced them by military power to obey the laws, but their tribal organization was somehow kept because it was serving the French to control them. Control the leader and you control the tribe. After independence the new republic demolished all kind of tribal organization. But somehow the mindset of stealing, raiding, don't care about whoever isn't from your tribe, being a bandit, not holding values kept installed in so many Tunisians.

Berbers who used to be living in mountains and tough areas on the Algerian borders (because they were running away from new conquering Muslims), also were in some sort bandits themselves as well!

So to summarize it, most of Tunisians were bandits with no values back in time, and although there's no bandits anymore, the mindset is somehow still installed in the people.

P.S Myself I know my family tree, and I have for origin one of those rural Bedouin tribes that came from Arabia to Tunisia in the 11th century. I'm saying this to make it clear that I'm not from another ethnicity and I don't hold hate towards Arabs or Berbers, and I'm not ashamed of having this origin. At the end I'm not responsible for other people history! I respect everyone, but I believe we should discuss the misconducts of our ancestors objectively, and not defend them blindly!
Very interesting read! Thank you. The whole "Homal social" aspect of how Tunisians and other Islamic countries live their lives is also an enigma to the European and western culture. It's one of the main reasons why I stopped my relationship and one of the main reasons why I'll never enter into another relationship with someone who was born and raised in an Islamic country. It has nothing to do with the Religion but everything to do with how these men are raised.

Last edited:
Very interesting read! Thank you. The whole "Homal social" aspect of how Tunisians and other Islamic countries live their lives is also an enigma to the European and western culture. It's one of the main reasons why I stopped my relationship and one of the main reasons why I'll never enter into another relationship with someone who was born and raised in an Islamic country. It has nothing to do with the Religion but everything to do with how these men are raised.
Yes, the lifestyle in Muslim countries has its own uniqueness and most of Westerners can't relate to it and find it hard to understand and adopt if moved to these countries. Also the same for Muslims and how they look the Western culture, they might live in a Western country but they will preserve their own culture as much as it's allowed and find it hard to relate the western Culture. This is why relationships between people from different cultures don't work most of the time! One of them will try to impose his culture at the end, and usually men who will try to do this, and the result will be a separation.

Amira

Rat Expert
Does this love rat culture have anything to do with their upbringing at home. It is strange that their mothers sit and watch what their son does without putting their foot down. Seems like they don't care about their reputation at all as long as there's money in the picture.

Amira

Rat Expert
Yes, the lifestyle in Muslim countries has its own uniqueness and most of Westerners can't relate to it and find it hard to understand and adopt if moved to these countries. Also the same for Muslims and how they look the Western culture, they might live in a Western country but they will preserve their own culture as much as it's allowed and find it hard to relate the western Culture. This is why relationships between people from different cultures don't work most of the time! One of them will try to impose his culture at the end, and usually men who will try to do this, and the result will be a separation.
It is true . Have seen this myself. Many people do not want anything to do with us westerners because we are not good enough for them. Muslim girls are connected to their own.

Does this love rat culture have anything to do with their upbringing at home. It is strange that their mothers sit and watch what their son does without putting their foot down. Seems like they don't care about their reputation at all as long as there's money in the picture.
Well it's the same mindset! It doesn't matter if the person is a man or a woman, a mother or a father! They just think of ways to gain money, one of them is ripping off some foreign poor woman and exploit her for being naive. Mothers don't ask or care about where their sons are bringing the money from. What's important is bringing the money, build her son a house, get him married and have children, raise the children to bring money, and the cycle will keep going forever!

*Once again not all Tunisians are like this, but this is a very common mindset in Tunisia.

Poppy

Also something very important to mention: they are taught at a very early age that only those who can speak and write Arabic will go to heaven. Non Muslims will go to hell no matter what they did in their life. They strongly believe this. Hence, they will not respect you since they are so convinced you will burn in hell.

Also something very important to mention: they are taught at a very early age that only those who can speak and write Arabic will go to heaven. Non Muslims will go to hell no matter what they did in their life. They strongly believe this. Hence, they will not respect you since they are so convinced you will burn in hell.
Correct everyone believes that if you are not Muslim you will go to hell no matter what, and somehow they think it's OK to mistreat you for that.
And to correct you it's not about speaking and writing Arabic, it's about holding the faith of Islam. For example Tunisian Jews or Lebanese Christians speak and write Arabic, but people believe the will burn in hell because they don't believe in Islam, while Indonesians and Albanians will go to heaven because they believe in Islam although they don't speak and write in Arabic.

Anna2you

Well it's the same mindset! It doesn't matter if the person is a man or a woman, a mother or a father! They just think of ways to gain money, one of them is ripping off some foreign poor woman and exploit her for being naive. Mothers don't ask or care about where their sons are bringing the money from. What's important is bringing the money, build her son a house, get him married and have children, raise the children to bring money, and the cycle will keep going forever!

*Once again not all Tunisians are like this, but this is a very common mindset in Tunisia.
Gosh i must be really naive...some how although i know that there are many people in this world who dont care much about others i still believe that it is part of human nature (since we are social animals) to try and not hurt others, to go by some ethical principles and to be able to transcend our upbringing in many cases. Some how i dont know why this is but it seems that too many men...dont know about women...from tunisia simply lack empathy and exhibit narcissistics traits. I am still not sure to what degree that results from upbringing or nature. I think if a person has empathy they will have it towards animals, family and other people. I do not belive empathy can be learned. Lol i have been in workshops on empathy and sad to say that some people just dont get it and never will while others seem to have it from birth. I have seen even people who have experienced many traumatic experiences still having empathy and not turning into vicious hurtful people while others still dont care for nobody but themselves. I only wonder if it is history and experiences that make people turn into bandits or do they already have the genetic predisposition.

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
Mummy Rat has no voice in the home. She cooks, cleans, babysits grandkids.....no life at all. She knows what is going on. She dealt with it from daddy rat, and has learned to not question anything by any male in her home! It’s still 5th century customs and culture! It won’t change! Western women are infidels. It is okay to use us, abuse us, and steal from us, cause we are nothing but garbage! It’s not the west! Anybody who thinks they can change this mindset is going to be hurt in the least, and destroyed in the worst situations!

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
Gosh i must be really naive...some how although i know that there are many people in this world who dont care much about others i still believe that it is part of human nature (since we are social animals) to try and not hurt others, to go by some ethical principles and to be able to transcend our upbringing in many cases. Some how i dont know why this is but it seems that too many men...dont know about women...from tunisia simply lack empathy and exhibit narcissistics traits. I am still not sure to what degree that results from upbringing or nature. I think if a person has empathy they will have it towards animals, family and other people. I do not belive empathy can be learned. Lol i have been in workshops on empathy and sad to say that some people just dont get it and never will while others seem to have it from birth. I have seen even people who have experienced many traumatic experiences still having empathy and not turning into vicious hurtful people while others still dont care for nobody but themselves. I only wonder if it is history and experiences that make people turn into bandits or do they already have the genetic predisposition.
I’m convinced that it is genetic! Too much cousin marriage inbreeding!!!! Have you seen them slaughter sheep and laugh with enjoyment as the poor animal suffers horribly? That is NOT normal!

Anna2you

Correct everyone believes that if you are not Muslim you will go to hell no matter what, and somehow they think it's OK to mistreat you for that.
And to correct you it's not about speaking and writing Arabic, it's about holding the faith of Islam. For example Tunisian Jews or Lebanese Christians speak and write Arabic, but people believe the will burn in hell because they don't believe in Islam, while Indonesians and Albanians will go to heaven because they believe in Islam although they don't speak and write in Arabic.
WEll dont they read Quran...there are many passaeges where people of the book are to be left alone and that a person is not to ever steal from their temples and where it says to not try and change somebody elses religion because they already had it before they met you. LOl...to be honest i have also met many christians who said that if you not Catholic or this and that then you will also go to hell...but still they do not see that as a reason to treat others like crap and steal from them.

Anna2you

I’m convinced that it is genetic! Too much cousin marriage inbreeding!!!! Have you seen them slaughter sheep and laugh with enjoyment as the poor animal suffers horribly? That is NOT normal!
Yes i have also seen my husband laugh and smirk at me when i was crying...yes to me that is also not normal to see other suffer and find joy in that. Sadistic and cruel bastard ...i am so happy i did not end up having children with him...imagine what pain it would be to have a child like that and having to love and care for it neverthe less

Last edited:
Mummy Rat has no voice in the home. She cooks, cleans, babysits grandkids.....no life at all. She knows what is going on. She dealt with it from daddy rat, and has learned to not question anything by any male in her home! It’s still 5th century customs and culture! It won’t change! Western women are infidels. It is okay to use us, abuse us, and steal from us, cause we are nothing but garbage! It’s not the west! Anybody who thinks they can change this mindset is going to be hurt in the least, and destroyed in the worst situations!
You are totally mistaken about this! The mother in many cases is the bandits leader! She is the one who is commanding everyone, her husband and her sons! Because she is cooking doesn't mean she doesn't have a word in it! I think she's cooking and cleaning out of habit built upon centuries. But now with the freedom Tunisian women have for around a decade, she is still cooking but also free to command the entire family, and has this mindset of exploiting others especially foreigners.

simple

Ratslayer

Its also the lack of respect for anything that isnt Tunisian and the blame they put on western women for corruptig their young boys,,,,It needs to be stopped from within , but because their mindset will never change ,a law needs to to passed or fines imposed .Tourisim makes up a very large part of your revenue and im sure your economy is suffering due to covid 19,,,If tourists are not being respected ,then im sure many will not visit Tunisia...Bezness is fast becomming known to people in the western world ,reports in the papers almost on a daily basis ,tv documentarys etc and North Africa is sited to have the worst case of scammers .Laws to protect the tourist and honest police to enforce them are what is needed ,To even have a glimmer of hope ,Im not saying you can tell people who to love and not love ,,im saying that if a fraud or emotional blackmail or any form of abuse is reported to the police ,it should be acted upon .Not to be told ,forget about it and go home ...

WEll dont they read Quran...there are many passaeges where people of the book are to be left alone and that a person is not to ever steal from their temples and where it says to not try and change somebody elses religion because they already had it before they met you. LOl...to be honest i have also met many christians who said that if you not Catholic or this and that then you will also go to hell...but still they do not see that as a reason to treat others like crap and steal from them.
Correct Quran is telling to respect other believers and don't try to force them to change their believes. But as I said before, if you believe in something doesn't mean you obey it 100%, and also to the historical facts I mentioned before in this thread have a huge impact on the resulted culture.

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
You are totally mistaken about this! The mother in many cases is the bandits leader! She is the one who is commanding everyone, her husband and her sons! Because she is cooking doesn't mean she doesn't have a word in it! I think she's cooking and cleaning out of habit built upon centuries. But now with the freedom Tunisian women have for around a decade, she is still cooking but also free to command the entire family, and has this mindset of exploiting others especially foreigners.
Old fuckface’s mummy had no say. I actually felt sorry for her. She had ZERO freedoms!!! I lived there! I saw it!!! She was so good to me, but she had to play along with the family plot of trapping me into their net!!!! Evil huge family!!!!

Its also the lack of respect for anything that isnt Tunisian and the blame they put on western women for corruptig their young boys,,,,It needs to be stopped from within , but because their mindset will never change ,a law needs to to passed or fines imposed .Tourisim makes up a very large part of your revenue and im sure your economy is suffering due to covid 19,,,If tourists are not being respected ,then im sure many will not visit Tunisia...Bezness is fast becomming known to people in the western world ,reports in the papers almost on a daily basis ,tv documentarys etc and North Africa is sited to have the worst case of scammers .Laws to protect the tourist and honest police to enforce them are what is needed ,To even have a glimmer of hope ,Im not saying you can tell people who to love and not love ,,im saying that if a fraud or emotional blackmail or any form of abuse is reported to the police ,it should be acted upon .Not to be told ,forget about it and go home ...
Totally agree with you! This is what I'm thinking about all the time and try to convince others about it and try to spread the word about it so some legislation would be put in place! It's hard or even impossible to change people mindset, but you can force them to obey certain rules by law even if they don't respect it or believe it.

Bubbly

It is all about education end of the day. No matter who were your ancestors, everyone has a brain and a heart. They need to open them and use them properly. There is no excuse to stay ignorant, racist, cruel and greedy nowadays.
Some of them are always on survival mode, never satisfied, always wanting more more more. This is something that will never be fixed.

Anna2you

Correct Quran is telling to respect other believers and don't try to force them to change their believes. But as I said before, if you believe in something doesn't mean you obey it 100%, and also to the historical facts I mentioned before in this thread have a huge impact on the resulted culture.
Yes..but one thing i wonder about...i grew up in Poland...if you know anything about Polish history...we were attacked, robbed and occupied by other countries for most of that countrys existence...yet we did not grow up to hate other cultures or nations...sure there is fanatic and nationalists but majority of people are very open minded and friendly. I think an inteligent human being can transcend their circumstances to a large degree.

Old fuckface’s mummy had no say. I actually felt sorry for her. She had ZERO freedoms!!! I lived there! I saw it!!! She was so good to me, but she had to play along with the family plot of trapping me into their net!!!! Evil huge family!!!!
Oh sorry I probably got your idea wrong! You were just talking about your own experience and I though you were talking in general! Yes of course many slave women still exist and look like from medieval era. But nowadays I can assure you women in Tunisia are the ones who are in control of their families, and I mean from both sides, evil retarded dirty spirit women, and highly educated modern women!

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
Totally agree with you! This is what I'm thinking about all the time and try to convince others about it and try to spread the word about it so some legislation would be put in place! It's hard or even impossible to change people mindset, but you can force them to obey certain rules by law even if they don't respect it or believe it.
For once, we agree! I’ve been Pushing for laws in Tunisia to put these creeps in prison for Bezness for a long time! I even talked a lot to one of your Presidential candidates. Sadly, he lost, but he is very aware of the Bezness garbage happening in Tunisia. We, the victims, are speaking out all over the world to stop ALL tourism to Tunisia and especially stop all cash wire transfers!!!! Your country has gone to the pigs! The good Tunisian people should care and fix it NOW! Shame and name these bastards. Insult and humiliate their families! Do something! These con artists rats are really damaging your economy!!!!!

Anna2you

I think that my husbands mother had lots to say. Even though i could not understand i could see her body language...she would pout, and did not even have to say much and it seemed they would not dare to opose her. His father was a very intelligent and open minded person. He prayed daily but nobody else in the family did. the daughters were given the freedom to not marry and remind at home. I am not sure if the dynamics was different before but when i was there the mother seemed to rule that place.

Judithlyn

Senior Rat Expert
I think that my husbands mother had lots to say. Even though i could not understand i could see her body language...she would pout, and did not even have to say much and it seemed they would not dare to opose her. His father was a very intelligent and open minded person. He prayed daily but nobody else in the family did. the daughters were given the freedom to not marry and remind at home. I am not sure if the dynamics was different before but when i was there the mother seemed to rule that place.
I did not see that! The father ruled the place.

Anna2you

For once, we agree! I’ve been Pushing for laws in Tunisia to put these creeps in prison for Bezness for a long time! I even talked a lot to one of your Presidential candidates. Sadly, he lost, but he is very aware of the Bezness garbage happening in Tunisia. We, the victims, are speaking out all over the world to stop ALL tourism to Tunisia and especially stop all cash wire transfers!!!! Your country has gone to the pigs! The good Tunisian people should care and fix it NOW! Shame and name these bastards. Insult and humiliate their families! Do something! These con artists rats are really damaging your economy!!!!!
I also wish tourism to tunisia should be at least curtailed and that the police would jail any tunisians associating with tourists. I wish those guys would wake up and get to work instead of wasting their lives in coffee shops and sleeping and complaining. My husbands father and 3 brothers are all working men but him and most of his friends were jobless. He did not want to work because he felt that some jobs were beneath him and hurt his body..while others...like teaching in private music school did not pay him enough.

Anna2you

I did not see that! The father ruled the place.
I guess it depends on the people ..probably not all are the same. I think i have seen that in one of his aunts home. Her husband seemed like a dominant person. He was some kind of computer genius and got to travel to us for conferences but he was very opinionated and loud and bossy from what i have seen when i was taken to their home for a visit. But in his mother brothers home the brothers wife ruled. Also, his grandmother ruled,...her husbadn used to work abroad and she was the head of the house.

simple

Ratslayer
Exactly my point ,,its not us that need educating ,It needs to be stopped from within..This site was started by a Tunisian man who didnt like what he was seeing and decided to do something about it ..All the honest hard working people of Tunisia should stand up and stop this abuse to basically guests in your country ...

Yes..but one thing i wonder about...i grew up in Poland...if you know anything about Polish history...we were attacked, robbed and occupied by other countries for most of that countrys existence...yet we did not grow up to hate other cultures or nations...sure there is fanatic and nationalists but majority of people are very open minded and friendly. I think an inteligent human being can transcend their circumstances to a large degree.
Yes I can relate to your country history and other countries. France and Great Britain has a war for 100 years but are friends and civilized people. Spain and Germany both wreaked havoc on Europe for a period of time in different times of history yet now they are friendly wit all Europe.

First you should understand that for example your people in Poland didn't for a sudden became friendly by themselves! If you left to the people I can assure you there will still be hatred and even wars! But all thanks go to the leaders, the thinkers and rational people in command who saw it's better to overcome the hatred and be friendly and install great values in the Polish people! Your leaders work so hard on this, they were not greedy and selfish, and did their best to create a great version of a Polish citizen.

In Tunisia, or any other 3rd world country, people went through many hardships and experiences in their history, they built bad habits and ideas and mindset. There came leaders, who wanted to change, but first their were limited in number unlike Europe, and they were not that driven. Some were selfish, some were a bit lazy, some didn't find all the means to change, etc... So the outcome wasn't a great version of a Tunisian or a Moroccan that can be compared to the Polish or German version.

Always remember that 5% always lead the rest. So if the 5% isn't that great the rest won't be that great too!

Anna2you

Exactly my point ,,its not us that need educating ,It needs to be stopped from within..This site was started by a Tunisian man who didnt like what he was seeing and decided to do something about it ..All the honest hard working people of Tunisia should stand up and stop this abuse to basically guests in your country ...
I agree with you mostly but i think that all western women should be educated about tunisian mentality because i am sure most of them can not even imagine what they are getting themselves into.