The Reason Rats Have No Values!

Mango Chutney

Staff member
Apparently there is a habibi group where details are swapped and western union receipts flaunted etc. There's a thread somewhere on here I think @Mango Chutney put on. Sorry not good at finding/linking things although have been a long time lurker here :)

:)

JGG

My ex Tunisian rat was going to the coffee shop often (without me) to meet his friends. We would talk a bit on cam and then text on Messenger but I hated that. He would be gone for 1h30 min sometimes more. He also left me alone with his family several evenings to play football and came back at 00.30. I said nothing to him but for me this was unacceptable as I was there only for 10 days and when you love someone you try to spend time with your partner.
Yes exactly.....its like they cannot separate themselves from male companionship and that male companionship is more important than you are. I was very confused over this...his sisters husband worked all day...would come home to eat and then drop her and their son off at her parents and then go to the coffee shop so 2 to 3 hours every night. ! I would ask my ex about that and he would say " a working man has the right to relax with his friends when he wants" My reaction to that was.....well YOU are not a working man and you do the same! I think he disappeared for 3 days that time haha....♡

SouthernGirl

Junior Rat Expert
Yes exactly.....its like they cannot separate themselves from male companionship and that male companionship is more important than you are. I was very confused over this...his sisters husband worked all day...would come home to eat and then drop her and their son off at her parents and then go to the coffee shop so 2 to 3 hours every night. ! I would ask my ex about that and he would say " a working man has the right to relax with his friends when he wants" My reaction to that was.....well YOU are not a working man and you do the same! I think he disappeared for 3 days that time haha....♡
“A working man has the right to relax with his friends when he wants”.. (and he didn’t even work... :rolleyes:) And what about women? Do the men talking that way think the women in their family have the right to relax after work too? Of course not. They can’t anyway as they work non stop but that, it’s not even men’s problems. They don’t care about women getting a break. They think it’s normal that women slave round the clock and never rest.

Anna2you

True! Me too I think Tunisian men are the number one when it comes to wasting time in coffee shops! And a lot of foreigners ask me about this all the time.
First, I need to clarify a couple of things before moving to explaining why all that time spent in coffee shops. You should put in mind that not all men you see in coffee shops are jobless! I can tell you most of them have jobs! Also not all of them like to spend time just with men, they definitely love spend time with their female friends, girlfriends and also wives! Actually they prefer this over fellow men! But in Tunisia there's two types of coffee shops; traditional popular cheap cafés meant for men, and new modern tea houses meant for both genders, and these too are always full with both men and women. But since these tea houses are a bit expensive they are not spread that much as regular coffee shops.

Now the reason why those coffee shops are always full of men. In the Tunisian mindset it's very shameful for a man to stay at home, so you will find his mom or wife nagging at him all day long to go out! So if someone is employed and is on vacation, he won't spend time at home! He will be all day long at coffee shops Lol!
Another reason is that Tunisians (most of them) don't have hobbies and don't practice anything for leisure! So again if someone is employed and is on vacation, he won't find anything to do besides sitting his ass in a coffee shop! Lol once again!

So, if this is happening to someone who is employed, what would you think a jobless guy would do? He can go looking for job for a couple of hours, but then he won't go back home because it's shameful for him, and he has no hobby or anything else to do, so the solution is spend the whole day in a coffee shop. Lol one more time!
oh thanks for explainig this...i had no idea that it was shameful for them to stay at home.

Myriam1

Hardworking tunisian men, like my husband and brothers in law for instance, don't have time to sit in the coffee shops. They only go there from time to time to see friends and don't spend a lot of time sipping coffee… The rest of the time they are happy to come home and stay there, they are too tired to go out and certainly not ashamed of being home!
Also, often my husband takes me and sometimes his sisters as well if they want to join us to a "family café" where we drink our coffee as well.
A good husband is the same all over the world, with slight adaptation according to the local norms...

tutusandfrogs

Yes..but one thing i wonder about...i grew up in Poland...if you know anything about Polish history...we were attacked, robbed and occupied by other countries for most of that countrys existence...yet we did not grow up to hate other cultures or nations...sure there is fanatic and nationalists but majority of people are very open minded and friendly. I think an inteligent human being can transcend their circumstances to a large degree.
I'm also Polish! :)

Livia

You are totally mistaken about this! The mother in many cases is the bandits leader! She is the one who is commanding everyone, her husband and her sons! Because she is cooking doesn't mean she doesn't have a word in it! I think she's cooking and cleaning out of habit built upon centuries. But now with the freedom Tunisian women have for around a decade, she is still cooking but also free to command the entire family, and has this mindset of exploiting others especially foreigners.
yes i think this is spot on & 100% true...because i remember very well some of my arab friends from university telling me how arab women are VERY manipulative and commanding...they show their true face after they get married in their new homes by always nagging and commanding their husbands & sons to do this or that like how THEY want it...and they told me a lot about when the son gets ready for marriage how the "mother" is in control of his EVERY life detail, even she chooses the bride for him & tells him who he should love or not love....all this for self-interest cause the bride she chooses will somehow "benefit" her...so if you look at it realistically the son marries who his mom wants not who he wants.... it's very selfish & ignorant...the worst part i think arab dads are the ones who have no say in anything

unfortunately i have seen this with my own eyes from my ex-fiance who wasn't a rat or tunisian but was middle eastern and i met him in person at my job...