The yardstick : How would a Tunisian man conduct a relationship with a Tunisian woman?

Western Bride

i'm a tunisian woman, i'm not hating or anything but how can you ladies fall in love with Tunisian men they are like shit (most of them) .
Thanks for your opinion. However some of Tunisian women marry " ex-rats" without taking into consideration where their wealth comes from.

Sun rise

@stay do you think falling in love is a choise, and that we would fall in love having this kind of information? I don’t understand that there are men like that. Not the woman who fall in love but the men who abuse are the wrong ones! Like you said you are a Tunisian woman. You know the culture as the back of your hand. We don't and think that things are normale but after comming onbthis site i realise that a lot of things were not normale. I know you are not hating but this kind of questions alway's get me some how annoyed. And please don't take it personally, it's something i just have.

I am in need of help, my fiancé is in Tunisia and I am in America. We want to ensure we have all the documents in order prior to our wedding so that he may come live with me in the states without a glitch.

Any advice

Laura2014

I am in need of help, my fiancé is in Tunisia and I am in America. We want to ensure we have all the documents in order prior to our wedding so that he may come live with me in the states without a glitch.

Any advice
I’m sure the American Embassy will clarify what they require for a spouse visa. I agree, join Tunisia.com as they will have members who have been through the process. Almost exclusively members here have had bad experiences with rats trying to obtain visa’s.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
The hughe age cap which seem to be very common in relationships between Tunisian men and European women are not common at al in Tunisian relationships.
So when the Tunisian boyfriend say, age is not important in love and the European women say she looks much younger than her age.....is all blah blah blah

Sleeping unmarried together when 1 person has Tunisian nationality is forbidden by law.
It's also not following the Islam religion.
So when the family from your boyfriend let you stay in their house together during holiday, they don't respect you at all and you will also not be respected because you should know it's not done.

Walking hand in hand and kissing in public is also not done and if they respect you they wouldn't do it.
Allthough they tell you that it's OK because it's a Tourist place and he's modern, that is also....blah blah blah

If a Tunisian person has a financial problem or has to buy something like medicins and he has no money himself, all the family and friends will step in to help, that is how it works here. Even a friend who only have 20 dinars left and still 10 days to go to his next pay check, he will give his last 20 dinars to his friend who need it. Why? Because they hope that if they are in a situation like that, they will be helped aswell and people only do that when you help other people aswell.
So stories about a family member who is ill and he needs money to cover the costs, is also blah blah blah.
Most off them have insurance, they pay for it or they get it free. Medicins have to be paid but are really cheap comparing to Europe.
Private clinics cost more, but when a family has no or less money, they will allways go to the cheap general hospital, never to a private clinic.
And since the revolution there are tru the whole country a lot of Militairy doctors posts where people can go free of charge!
Sorry to bring this here, I just think it is very useful for new members to read it.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
I agree with Laurence. Most of my tunisian friends live in the South. And it is still as "in old times".

And for the contradiction between "good Moslem and Sex without marriage" it's easy to explain.
A woman from europe is normally not Muslima. So she doesn't have the right/real religion and there
is NO nead for the man to respect her.
Sex with european woman = no sex for a Moslem.
:rolleyes: Aha

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
Any advice
Welcome American-Tunisian friends :) would it be possible for you to answer a few questions?
Have you met your fiance personally? Where exactly is he from and what is his job? How old is he?

I guess Tunisia.com is a bit slow to answer your questions ;) May I ask why you'll wait until November to get married? Is one of you still married? The rings will be bought by the groom. Don't worry if he gets a silver one for himself, it's a muslim thing. You should get a golden ring and another one with a diamond. The groom will also pay for the wedding. Don't even ask to pay for anything. He will be mortally offended

Sorry to say but to come and live with you in the States without a glitch is not realistic. You'll have to sponsor him and so on....
It depents on what his personal circumstances are, that's why I'm asking those questions

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/international-financial-scams.html

Travel.State.Gov U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE — BUREAU OF CONSULAR AFFAIRS

Scams Targeting U.S. Citizens at Home or Abroad
Romance Scam:

• Someone you have not met in person quickly offers friendship, romance, and/or marriage.
  • Be skeptical if the person asks for money to pay hospital bills, visa fees, or legal expenses and/or seems to have many sudden problems overseas.
  • Check this online dating scam infographic.
  • Generally, never send money to someone overseas if you have not met in person – especially if you have met only online.
  • Do not disclose personal details over the phone or online – even in your social media.
File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the FBI at ic3.gov if you have been the victim of a scam.

Going for the limit,

To answer to your question No I am not paying for anything.

Heidi,

First thanks for the information you sent me I will look into that.

As for your questions we set the date for November because that is when I can’t take vacation at work. But since I just had emergency surgery he said he’ll understand if We have to wait a little longer. We are aware that I would have to sponsor him in order for him to come to the US. Because of this he doesn’t want me to go out of my way and spend more than is necessary.

As for the rest of your questions I would prefer to keep certain details private if you don’t mind. I wouldn’t mind if you sent me a private message.

Thank you both for time

Laura2014

We don’t have a fiancé Visa. The only way to bring someone from Tunisia is after marriage. The criteria is very strict with regard to the UK citizens income. They are totally responsible for supporting the spouse who cannot apply for any benefits or assistance with housing. The sponsor is responsible for any medical costs etc. Less than 10% are approved for a visa. The costs involved are several thousand with no guarantee of approval. The interview questions are also very intrusive. In many cases it can take up to five years to go through the visa process, often dependant on any transferable skills the husband has, the number of past visa applications and any kind of criminal background.

We do have a lot of US members here, to be fair there are a lot more with negative experiences than positive. While doing your research I’d suggest read all you can both here and in Tunisia.com

I would add that since the UK and other European countries tightened their criteria for entry that a lot more Americans and Canadians are targeted on line. Often through Facebook/ pen pal or language sites, amongst many others.

Just take the opportunity to read everything and look out for any red flags. For example; Meeting on line, romance developing quickly, love bombing, apparent acceptance of age difference or welcoming children from a previous marriage.

We don’t have a fiancé Visa. The only way to bring someone from Tunisia is after marriage. The criteria is very strict with regard to the UK citizens income. They are totally responsible for supporting the spouse who cannot apply for any benefits or assistance with housing. The sponsor is responsible for any medical costs etc. Less than 10% are approved for a visa. The costs involved are several thousand with no guarantee of approval. The interview questions are also very intrusive. In many cases it can take up to five years to go through the visa process, often dependant on any transferable skills the husband has, the number of past visa applications and any kind of criminal background.

We do have a lot of US members here, to be fair there are a lot more with negative experiences than positive. While doing your research I’d suggest read all you can both here and in Tunisia.com

I would add that since the UK and other European countries tightened their criteria for entry that a lot more Americans and Canadians are targeted on line. Often through Facebook/ pen pal or language sites, amongst many others.

Just take the opportunity to read everything and look out for any red flags. For example; Meeting on line, romance developing quickly, love bombing, apparent acceptance of age difference or welcoming children from a previous marriage.

Thanks For the advise.

Since I am on convalescent leave I have been researching more and have been in contact with his family more.

They want us to be happy and I have provided information to his family in regards to immigration and current affairs in the states with immigration especially our president, they are very aware of the situation. He and his family are more concerned with the fact that he has yet to complete his education.

We have their blessing to get married but his family made it very clear that their customers are very strict. They know I am older and although they do not agree they know that he will do what he wishes regardless therefore they are ok with my age but they stated that he must not bring shame to his family and he must do everything necessary to provide for me just as if I were Tunisian.

Going for the limit

As far as i am aware the visa to the usa is so much easier and cheaper than the uk.
I have had discussions with americans about this and its a huge difference.

If you are not paying for the wedding i am guessing he has a good job because it will take a hell of a lot of money.
In tunisia it is not normal just to have a low key wedding everyone comes and its a huge thing.

Heidi

Staff member - Moderator
As far as i am aware the visa to the usa is so much easier and cheaper than the uk. I have had discussions with americans about this and its a huge difference.
The cost of the CR1 spousal visa process is significant. Costs include things like travel, several government fees, medical exams and any assistance you hire for help.

Fortunately, the various steps tend to break out the times that certain monies are due. Every case is unique and only you can truly calculate the cost of your overall tab, but the typical case can range from about $1,200 to $5,000 including government fees, medical exam, assistance and miscellaneous.

Top Bottom