The yardstick : How would a Tunisian man conduct a relationship with a Tunisian woman?

Discussion in 'Rat Behavior' started by Ariel, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Western Bride

Western Bride Active Member

Thanks for your opinion. However some of Tunisian women marry " ex-rats" without taking into consideration where their wealth comes from.

FoolInLove likes this.
  2. Sun rise

Sun rise Well-Known Member

@stay do you think falling in love is a choise, and that we would fall in love having this kind of information? I don’t understand that there are men like that. Not the woman who fall in love but the men who abuse are the wrong ones! Like you said you are a Tunisian woman. You know the culture as the back of your hand. We don't and think that things are normale but after comming onbthis site i realise that a lot of things were not normale. I know you are not hating but this kind of questions alway's get me some how annoyed. And please don't take it personally, it's something i just have.

3. American-Tunisian friends

American-Tunisian friends Member

I am in need of help, my fiancé is in Tunisia and I am in America. We want to ensure we have all the documents in order prior to our wedding so that he may come live with me in the states without a glitch.

Any advice

4. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

You would be better off asking on Tunisia.com...

5. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

I’m sure the American Embassy will clarify what they require for a spouse visa. I agree, join Tunisia.com as they will have members who have been through the process. Almost exclusively members here have had bad experiences with rats trying to obtain visa’s.

6. AmberHeart

AmberHeart Lady Amberheart of Gafsa

Sorry to bring this here, I just think it is very useful for new members to read it.

7. AmberHeart

:rolleyes: Aha

Jisela, Brasilgirl and Epiphany like this.
  8. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Quote Kati3366:
    "Sex with european woman = no sex for a Moslem."

Hahaha.....I guess it's the same as gay sex for them then :rolleyes:

I'd hardly call that two thrust, one sided performance sex anyway.....I've spent more time (and certainly received more satisfaction) mopping the kitchen floor :thumbsup:

juicyfruit, Jisela, Busta23 and 4 others like this.
  9. Laura2014

:rolleyes::thumbsup:

10. AmberHeart

:D Hahahaha

Jisela, Mango Chutney and Brasilgirl like this.
  11. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

Lmao

12. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Welcome American-Tunisian friends :) would it be possible for you to answer a few questions?
    Have you met your fiance personally? Where exactly is he from and what is his job? How old is he?

I guess Tunisia.com is a bit slow to answer your questions ;) May I ask why you'll wait until November to get married? Is one of you still married? The rings will be bought by the groom. Don't worry if he gets a silver one for himself, it's a muslim thing. You should get a golden ring and another one with a diamond. The groom will also pay for the wedding. Don't even ask to pay for anything. He will be mortally offended

Sorry to say but to come and live with you in the States without a glitch is not realistic. You'll have to sponsor him and so on....
    It depents on what his personal circumstances are, that's why I'm asking those questions

13. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

Are you paying for the wedding or even half? If the answer is yes then save yourself now and cut all contact.

14. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...mergencies/international-financial-scams.html

Travel.State.Gov U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE — BUREAU OF CONSULAR AFFAIRS

Scams Targeting U.S. Citizens at Home or Abroad
    Romance Scam:

• Someone you have not met in person quickly offers friendship, romance, and/or marriage.
    • Be skeptical if the person asks for money to pay hospital bills, visa fees, or legal expenses and/or seems to have many sudden problems overseas.
    • Check this online dating scam infographic.
    • Generally, never send money to someone overseas if you have not met in person – especially if you have met only online.
    • Do not disclose personal details over the phone or online – even in your social media.
    File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission and the FBI at ic3.gov if you have been the victim of a scam.

Apples, juicyfruit, Jisela and 5 others like this.
  15. American-Tunisian friends

Going for the limit,

To answer to your question No I am not paying for anything.

Heidi,

First thanks for the information you sent me I will look into that.

As for your questions we set the date for November because that is when I can’t take vacation at work. But since I just had emergency surgery he said he’ll understand if We have to wait a little longer. We are aware that I would have to sponsor him in order for him to come to the US. Because of this he doesn’t want me to go out of my way and spend more than is necessary.

As for the rest of your questions I would prefer to keep certain details private if you don’t mind. I wouldn’t mind if you sent me a private message.

Thank you both for time

16. Laura2014

Hi @American-Tunisian friends, I hope you are recovering. Could I ask if you have met in person and is there an age difference? I only know about UK Visa rules. I think they are different in the US.

AmberHeart likes this.
  17. American-Tunisian friends

Will do thank you

18. American-Tunisian friends

I am recovering thank you for asking. I believe Visa rules might be the same in US as in UK but we only just begun to gather the information.

19. Laura2014

We don’t have a fiancé Visa. The only way to bring someone from Tunisia is after marriage. The criteria is very strict with regard to the UK citizens income. They are totally responsible for supporting the spouse who cannot apply for any benefits or assistance with housing. The sponsor is responsible for any medical costs etc. Less than 10% are approved for a visa. The costs involved are several thousand with no guarantee of approval. The interview questions are also very intrusive. In many cases it can take up to five years to go through the visa process, often dependant on any transferable skills the husband has, the number of past visa applications and any kind of criminal background.

We do have a lot of US members here, to be fair there are a lot more with negative experiences than positive. While doing your research I’d suggest read all you can both here and in Tunisia.com

I would add that since the UK and other European countries tightened their criteria for entry that a lot more Americans and Canadians are targeted on line. Often through Facebook/ pen pal or language sites, amongst many others.

Just take the opportunity to read everything and look out for any red flags. For example; Meeting on line, romance developing quickly, love bombing, apparent acceptance of age difference or welcoming children from a previous marriage.

20. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

21. American-Tunisian friends

Thanks For the advise.

Since I am on convalescent leave I have been researching more and have been in contact with his family more.

They want us to be happy and I have provided information to his family in regards to immigration and current affairs in the states with immigration especially our president, they are very aware of the situation. He and his family are more concerned with the fact that he has yet to complete his education.

We have their blessing to get married but his family made it very clear that their customers are very strict. They know I am older and although they do not agree they know that he will do what he wishes regardless therefore they are ok with my age but they stated that he must not bring shame to his family and he must do everything necessary to provide for me just as if I were Tunisian.

22. American-Tunisian friends

AmberHeart and Heidi like this.
  23. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

Better make sure that his completed tunisian education has any standing in the US

Big Bang Theory and AmberHeart like this.
  24. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

As far as i am aware the visa to the usa is so much easier and cheaper than the uk.
    I have had discussions with americans about this and its a huge difference.

If you are not paying for the wedding i am guessing he has a good job because it will take a hell of a lot of money.
    In tunisia it is not normal just to have a low key wedding everyone comes and its a huge thing.

25. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

The cost of the CR1 spousal visa process is significant. Costs include things like travel, several government fees, medical exams and any assistance you hire for help.

Fortunately, the various steps tend to break out the times that certain monies are due. Every case is unique and only you can truly calculate the cost of your overall tab, but the typical case can range from about $1,200 to $5,000 including government fees, medical exam, assistance and miscellaneous.