The yardstick : How would a Tunisian man conduct a relationship with a Tunisian woman?

Heidi

The Sleuth - Staff Member
Happy Valentines Day :) Big day in Tunisia

The pope who declared February 14 as Valentine’s Day was Pope Gelasius I, the third and last Bishop of Rome of berber origin.
He came from the Roman province of Africa which is now known as modern-day Tunisia and included parts of Algeria, Mauritania and Libya.

What did you get? He must have sent it days ago ;) TLR presents:

Unbenannt.JPGvbfde.JPG

Heidi

The Sleuth - Staff Member
....and no excuse for him being a muslim ;)

In Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, senior officials said they had no objections to people celebrating the occasion. Some even seemed to welcome the holiday — believed to be named after the Catholic martyr and priest Saint Valentine — and affirmed the common value of love it aims to celebrate.

Tunisia’s Grand Mufti Sheikh Othman Battikh said celebrating Valentine’s Day is not forbidden under Islamic law “as long as it does not transgress morality.”

“Any (love) that brings people closer together like the love of God, love of parents, love of the nation is a good thing. Loving is part of Islamic principles and loving God is about loving all people and God’s creatures,” Battikh was quoted as saying by Tunisia’s Akher Khabar Online newspaper.

Epiphany

....and no excuse for him being a muslim ;)

In Tunisia, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, senior officials said they had no objections to people celebrating the occasion. Some even seemed to welcome the holiday — believed to be named after the Catholic martyr and priest Saint Valentine — and affirmed the common value of love it aims to celebrate.

Tunisia’s Grand Mufti Sheikh Othman Battikh said celebrating Valentine’s Day is not forbidden under Islamic law “as long as it does not transgress morality.”

“Any (love) that brings people closer together like the love of God, love of parents, love of the nation is a good thing. Loving is part of Islamic principles and loving God is about loving all people and God’s creatures,” Battikh was quoted as saying by Tunisia’s Akher Khabar Online newspaper.
Yeah...too bad they don't know how to love...or understand the meaning of the word.

Femme Fatale

Yeah...too bad they don't know how to love...or understand the meaning of the word.
Yeah and ask them, how do you know you love me, you never met me and they come up with this foolish ass excuse from out of nowhere that doesn't make sense.

Last week, I was driving with some friends, about a 2 hour drive to our destination. And I was in the back seat kind of staring at the beauty of the country. And I realized that this beautiful life that I am living, I could never have that with a man like that. Everything is business and competition to them. He would never be able to enjoy life like I enjoy life. If I hadve married him, all of that would've been stripped away from me. Even if I brought him to my country, his mentality would never change. I would live in misery. All they tend to care about is competition. Their love is a business kind of love, a what can I do for him kind of love.

Another thing. Their family is always in the mix of everything. Even when talking to my rat, the family knew everything about us, about his sisters marriage, about everything. They were always always in the business. No privacy whatsoever. It was a horrible feeling each time we argued, here comes the family skipping and hoping their ass in our business. Who lives like that? I could never.

Just the thought of being with him for the rest of my life makes me physically ill sometimes, seriously. Like nausea. I am in a phase where I am embarrassed and literally feel like I could've made a horrible decision. I have anxiety a little from the thought of all the freedoms I am afforded, being stripped away from me. All my friends and colleagues express how I had a lucky escape. I thank God every morning I wake that I was able to get away from him and find a new man.

Does anyone else feel the embarrassment?

Brasilgirl

Yeah and ask them, how do you know you love me, you never met me and they come up with this foolish ass excuse from out of nowhere that doesn't make sense.

Last week, I was driving with some friends, about a 2 hour drive to our destination. And I was in the back seat kind of staring at the beauty of the country. And I realized that this beautiful life that I am living, I could never have that with a man like that. Everything is business and competition to them. He would never be able to enjoy life like I enjoy life. If I hadve married him, all of that would've been stripped away from me. Even if I brought him to my country, his mentality would never change. I would live in misery. All they tend to care about is competition. Their love is a business kind of love, a what can I do for him kind of love.

Another thing. Their family is always in the mix of everything. Even when talking to my rat, the family knew everything about us, about his sisters marriage, about everything. They were always always in the business. No privacy whatsoever. It was a horrible feeling each time we argued, here comes the family skipping and hoping their ass in our business. Who lives like that? I could never.

Just the thought of being with him for the rest of my life makes me physically ill sometimes, seriously. Like nausea. I am in a phase where I am embarrassed and literally feel like I could've made a horrible decision. I have anxiety a little from the thought of all the freedoms I am afforded, being stripped away from me. All my friends and colleagues express how I had a lucky escape. I thank God every morning I wake that I was able to get away from him and find a new man.

** hugs **
I don’t feel embarrassed, but I had the same fears. I was scared to go to tunisia alone. I didn’t ask him how he could love me without meeting me because I loved him. The only family of his I spoke to was his brother, and just a couple of times.
Today I feel thankful that it was a close call and not the horrible experience it could have been. I see how much his brain washing affected me and I can’t even imagine how I would survive if he got me to his world.
The hard part for me now is getting close to other people. I’m scared. I keep everyone at arms length. I hope I can get to trust people I meet more as time goes on. It could take a while.

Epiphany

I am very embarrassed. I told no one about my rat. Decided to take the burden on my own and just come here.

The family of the rat will always make it their business to be involved because it affects them too. If you and rat don't get along or break up, there goes their piece of the pie.

I feel everything you are saying.
Remember that they are full of misery, and misery loves company. Everything that comes out of their mouth is shit. Nothing ever makes sense.

Coming to our countries won't ever change them, they will still be miserable. They will see happy people all over the place and won't know what to do with themselves. They are not normal, there is no hope for them.

Going for the limit

I dont mean this to offend anyone but i cant imagine myself getting into a relationship that started on line.
I have read so.many horror stories from within my own country that it would put me right off . I have also watched catfish so i know these idiots can be anyone.
Only today a friend i have known for several years has gone over to the usa to meet her online boyfriend i didnt even know that she had split up with her english ex

Brasilgirl

I am very embarrassed. I told no one about my rat. Decided to take the burden on my own and just come here.

The family of the rat will always make it their business to be involved because it affects them too. If you and rat don't get along or break up, there goes their piece of the pie.

I feel everything you are saying.
Remember that they are full of misery, and misery loves company. Everything that comes out of their mouth is shit. Nothing ever makes sense.

Coming to our countries won't ever change them, they will still be miserable. They will see happy people all over the place and won't know what to do with themselves. They are not normal, there is no hope for them.
** hugs **
Perhaps my lack of embarrassment is because I am younger. I had fallen in love before and it was a huge mistake, only to fall for the wrong guy a second time. I didn’t tell many people about my rat, and we never met in person. For me it is not an embarrassment to make a mistake. The embarrassment for me comes when i do something stupid that I should have known not to do, and falling in love isn’t stupid.
Please do t feel that any of this was your fault. You have a heart and someone abused it. You got smart and got out. That is nothing to feel embarrassed about.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
I dont mean this to offend anyone but i cant imagine myself getting into a relationship that started on line.
I have read so.many horror stories from within my own country that it would put me right off . I have also watched catfish so i know these idiots can be anyone.
Only today a friend i have known for several years has gone over to the usa to meet her online boyfriend i didnt even know that she had split up with her english ex
It’s difficult to explain unless you have been there. Some of us hadn’t even intention to meet someone like that. But they make a way to get the target. Little by little they mimic their victim and apparently everything matches. Until the victim finds too late she was lured and tricked.

Epiphany

I get you. To be honest I've never done this before. First and last, lesson learned.

Going for the limit

It’s difficult to explain unless you have been there. Some of us hadn’t even intention to meet someone like that. But they make a way to get the target. Little by little they mimic their victim and apparently everything matches. Until the victim finds too late she was lured and tricked.
I am still shocked what i saw on my facebook that my friend has just up sticks and went to the usa.
Seriously the man looks to be in his late 50s and shes 24.
I get what you mean and yes i think it would be easy to fall into it.
:(

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Haha married to a tunisian with all this bezness.
Anything is possible i am aware of that .
I would never ever encourage it
The positive side is you are aware and wide eyes open. So you are kinda safe. The problem is when people have never heard of it. It’s easier to eat all lies and fall for the show. Xx

Epiphany

** hugs **
Perhaps my lack of embarrassment is because I am younger. I had fallen in love before and it was a huge mistake, only to fall for the wrong guy a second time. I didn’t tell many people about my rat, and we never met in person. For me it is not an embarrassment to make a mistake. The embarrassment for me comes when i do something stupid that I should have known not to do, and falling in love isn’t stupid.
Please do t feel that any of this was your fault. You have a heart and someone abused it. You got smart and got out. That is nothing to feel embarrassed about.
:love:

Femme Fatale

Haha married to a tunisian with all this bezness.
Anything is possible i am aware of that .
I would never ever encourage it
It seems like your Tunisian is most definitely different and I am happy that you found your husband. Thank you for always being neutral even though you are married to one. You understand we are talking about rats and not people like your husband.

But I really am blessed to be out of that world. It is not a world that excite me now that I look back at it. Took the blinders off and saw a demonic world that would probably kill me spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. The thought of losing my good life, I cant fathom.

PS. First time I ever dated online. I wasnt even looking. It was a Facebook connection from a mutual group we were in. And he message me everyday and before I knew it, I was thrust into that world. The second one, found me here. Never again.

Femme Fatale

** hugs **
***hugs***
Oh youre going to come out amazing. This experience will make you so much stronger. And your prince charming is most definitely praying and patiently waiting to find you. :love:

Mango Chutney

Who lives like that? ME! I did! It is an absolute freakin nightmare! They know everything that is going on, they know exactly where everyone is.
I only had to go shower....and it seemed the phone network of the entire extended family was made aware.
Argument? They are there. Day out? They are there.
Fun stuff? They are there. Woman being assaulted? They suddenly are not there, until afterwards, when they need to clean the mess.
Weird, weird people. So nosey and interfering.
They ask no questions, yet they know everything.
I've never forgotten the one time rat said I was allowed to go for a walk....and his family appeared one by one from around different corners...it was a damn comedy sketch.

It's no life for us....we are not used to having no freedom, having our every move watched and reported on.....especially when it means we miss out on stuff like this:
I was in the back seat kind of staring at the beauty of the country. And I realized that this beautiful life that I am living
:love::love:

And this:
YES, YES, YES, YES, HELL YES!!!!! :D
My God, I look at the face of that ugly freak of nature....and I am mortified!! :oops:
What the hell was I doing? :oops:
I look at the scars on my body and ask myself, why did I allow that, why didn't I fight back? :oops:
Ya....I feel embarrassed for sure.
Some gormless, uneducated, psychopathic freak kid, from a third world shit pit......and I allowed it to treat me that way! Say whaaaaaat????? :oops::D

Going for the limit

I am more than aware they can play a good game for years so i will just see.
I would rather be here than on the wives groups where everything goes, no support for victims or how it is normal if money is given and stick to their marraige even if the husbands are treating them badly.
Girls are just trouble makers if anything comes to light.
The stories i could tell you all about them would knock your socks off.
I have had many blow outs with them and happy i left .
The wives would message me to help translate or sort out their mess, me and the hubby would be dragged into every situation , the hubby would get messages and phone calls from rats because the wives freely inform the cheating hubby who exactly had helped them.
Their reality is very much different to ours

Top Bottom