The yardstick : How would a Tunisian man conduct a relationship with a Tunisian woman?

Going for the limit

Hahaha mine really must be abnormal because he tells me to tell his family nothing .
And never do we have them hanging around us unless i have invited them.
I do remember once it was before we were married and i had called to visit his parents next i knew the dad was on the phone to hubby to tell him i was walking around and had visted them and i was putting myself into a dangerous situation.
The look on his face when the hubby said she is fine was priceless

Epiphany

I am more than aware they can play a good game for years so i will just see.
I would rather be here than on the wives groups where everything goes, no support for victims or how it is normal if money is given and stick to their marraige even if the husbands are treating them badly.
Girls are just trouble makers if anything comes to light.
The stories i could tell you all about them would knock your socks off.
I have had many blow outs with them and happy i left .
The wives would message me to help translate or sort out their mess, me and the hubby would be dragged into every situation , the hubby would get messages and phone calls from rats because the wives freely inform the cheating hubby who exactly had helped them.
Their reality is very much different to ours
So what is this wives group about? a bunch of rat wives enabling each other and their rats? sounds like a whole lot of misery to me.

Snuggle

I do recognize the family always sticking their nose in.
And all the family members joining when we went somewhere in Tunisia. They think it is normal to sit in the back of the car with 5 people. One time I went in the back seat at one side and left at the other side. They kept piling people in like they wanted to be in the Guinness book of records. I know they thought of me as a drama queen but I didn’t care.
And another thing was going somewhere and take a de route ,without telling me, to pick up something or someone.
Really my so called holidays to Tunisia where very stressful. I am so happy that I won’t have to go there anymore.

Going for the limit

Yes basically. Its to offer support and advice to everyone who has a tunisian boyfriend or husband.
I think in total there is 4 groups and they all hate each other. Some have rules where you cant be on more than one group

It is always kicking off on.there and so much back stabbing. Anything goes, he wants money.. .ok send him, hes cheating.. Ok work on your marraige . A girl sends a message to say hes with her..no the girl is a trouble maker.
Very few of them will stand up and say no this is wrong etc.
Funny thing is when you join you have to show pictures of you and your partner on.there just so they know you are not the girl on the side haha.
I caught out 2 cheaters on that group just by the pictures

Epiphany

I do recognize the family always sticking their nose in.
And all the family members joining when we went somewhere in Tunisia. They think it is normal to sit in the back of the car with 5 people. One time I went in the back seat at one side and left at the other side. They kept piling people in like they wanted to be in the Guinness book of records. I know they thought of me as a drama queen but I didn’t care.
And another thing was going somewhere and take a de route ,without telling me, to pick up something or someone.
Really my so called holidays to Tunisia where very stressful. I am so happy that I won’t have to go there anymore.
Ew...all I can think about when reading this is all those nasty unbathed bodies piling in on you in that unforgiving heat...how intolerable it must of been for you. :sick:

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Hahaha mine really must be abnormal because he tells me to tell his family nothing .
Mine told me this too. I didn't need to tell them anything....they knew anyway, and he told them everything....it was just me that was silenced :rolleyes:
And never do we have them hanging around us unless i have invited them.
You lucky thing :D
Mine were just there. Always......just THERE, arghhhhhh!! :D
I do remember once it was before we were married and i had called to visit his parents next i knew the dad was on the phone to hubby to tell him i was walking around and had visted them and i was putting myself into a dangerous situation.
I remember one night I was sneaking out for a walk when the freak was at work and Raghed was out.
His freakin mother suddenly got dressed and appeared beside me outside the kitchen!!
I told her no, I was walking alone (in a mix of jumbled English, French, Tunisian Dialect, hand gestures and mimes :D )......she went and got his dad!
They kinda had me cornered on the front porch, I was NOT allowed to walk to the cheese factory and back alone, his mother was to come with me. I said no.
His dad repeatedly said "No, no, no" :D
He explained when Houssem is not there, he is responsible for me....I was an ADULT woman! They took turns OWNING me! :eek:
Needless to say, I didn't go for my walk, as I didn't want to upset his parents anymore.
It became a family joke after that, with the family doing impressions of the dads horrified reaction :D
Later that night, Raghed took me out for a walk....I felt like the family pet dog :D
YES!! Me too :D
Sometimes, random strangers would get into our taxi too :D

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Time will tell.
Yes basically. Its to offer support and advice to everyone who has a tunisian boyfriend or husband.
I think in total there is 4 groups and they all hate each other. Some have rules where you cant be on more than one group

It is always kicking off on.there and so much back stabbing. Anything goes, he wants money.. .ok send him, hes cheating.. Ok work on your marraige . A girl sends a message to say hes with her..no the girl is a trouble maker.
Very few of them will stand up and say no this is wrong etc.
Funny thing is when you join you have to show pictures of you and your partner on.there just so they know you are not the girl on the side haha.
I caught out 2 cheaters on that group just by the pictures
:confused: Wouldn’t be able to handle such with my anxiety issues. This place is safe :Ninja::love:

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Needless to say, I didn't go for my walk, as I didn't want to upset his parents anymore.
Forgot to add....until the moment Raghed came home, and I was dutifully handed over into his care, his parents kept sticking their heads into my room and saying "Ca va? Ca va?". .....and bringing loads of food in, frequently offered to light the gas for coffee....they were terrified I'd try to sneak out again!
I couldn't stop laughing :D

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
Forgot to add....until the moment Raghed came home, and I was dutifully handed over into his care, his parents kept sticking their heads into my room and saying "Ca va? Ca va?". .....and bringing loads of food in, frequently offered to light the gas for coffee....they were terrified I'd try to sneak out again!
I couldn't stop laughing :D
Sounds like being held hostage.

Epiphany

Mine told me this too. I didn't need to tell them anything....they knew anyway, and he told them everything....it was just me that was silenced :rolleyes:

You lucky thing :D
Mine were just there. Always......just THERE, arghhhhhh!! :D

I remember one night I was sneaking out for a walk when the freak was at work and Raghed was out.
His freakin mother suddenly got dressed and appeared beside me outside the kitchen!!
I told her no, I was walking alone (in a mix of jumbled English, French, Tunisian Dialect, hand gestures and mimes :D )......she went and got his dad!
They kinda had me cornered on the front porch, I was NOT allowed to walk to the cheese factory and back alone, his mother was to come with me. I said no.
His dad repeatedly said "No, no, no" :D
He explained when Houssem is not there, he is responsible for me....I was an ADULT woman! They took turns OWNING me! :eek:
It became a family joke after that, with the family doing impressions of the dads horrified reaction :D
Later that night, Raghed took me out for a walk....I felt like the family pet dog :D

YES!! Me too :D
Sometimes, random strangers would get into our taxi too :D
I am guessing this behaviour is to ensure that no other rats and families that see you can snatch you up to use for their own visa purposes? you were the shiny coin..how profound :)

Mystery

They are afraid of losing they cash cow.
They nosey beyond any other culture.
Even down to asking my rat was on on my monthly. My rat would talk about everything to his family and friends
But what else do they have in they sad boring existence nothing. They gossip more than anyone I know and I was always compared to others in the family some thing a Muslim should never do.

Femme Fatale

Who lives like that? ME! I did! It is an absolute freakin nightmare! They know everything that is going on, they know exactly where everyone is.
I only had to go shower....and it seemed the phone network of the entire extended family was made aware.
Argument? They are there. Day out? They are there.
Fun stuff? They are there. Woman being assaulted? They suddenly are not there, until afterwards, when they need to clean the mess.
Weird, weird people. So nosey and interfering.
They ask no questions, yet they know everything.
I've never forgotten the one time rat said I was allowed to go for a walk....and his family appeared one by one from around different corners...it was a damn comedy sketch.

It's no life for us....we are not used to having no freedom, having our every move watched and reported on.....especially when it means we miss out on stuff like this:

:love::love:

And this:

YES, YES, YES, YES, HELL YES!!!!! :D
My God, I look at the face of that ugly freak of nature....and I am mortified!! :oops:
What the hell was I doing? :oops:
I look at the scars on my body and ask myself, why did I allow that, why didn't I fight back? :oops:
Ya....I feel embarrassed for sure.
Some gormless, uneducated, psychopathic freak kid, from a third world shit pit......and I allowed it to treat me that way! Say whaaaaaat????? :oops::D

This is funny and sad at the same time Mango. I expressed how in my country, men and women coexist together. My sisters bestfriend is a male. She was darn near "bestman/woman" at his wedding. Now her and the wife are good friends too. She is like auntie to their kids. They have been friends since they were about 10 years old, met in the church choir. He plays piano and she can sing. You would think they were blood related. Never have they even tried to take it to the next level. Like cooties to them, haha.

Telling this to my rat was like licking air, pointless. He could not see how people of the opposite sex could be friends (oh my, clutching my pearls :eek::rolleyes:).

But I later found their jealousy is NOT like our men jealousy. Their jealousy is "protecting the investment " kind of jealousy. Not cute at all, shit is annoying really. So for those who think that jealous behavior is cute and innocent. He is only protecting his prize. Has nothing to do with your looks, your cooch (cus evidently they like the back door too:whistle:), and you ARE NOT SPECIAL. Hate to be the barrier of bad news, but you're not. Sorry.

Glad you're away Mango.

Femme Fatale

:D It’s horrible and traumatizing but you made it sound hilarious. :thumbsup: This is right. They protect their investment.
Hahaha. These rats dont care about the power of the cooch. They could care less. The thing that gets them up is the visa, money, etc. The cooch is an added incentive, NOT the prize. Example, no one thinks about the appetizer when ordering food, it just keeps you distracted for the main course. The main course for them is the visa, money, cell phones, etc. :whistle:

I was one of those women that said, yep, mine was different. Hahaha. Yeah sure. I would have a better chance of fitting a camel through a needle, than my rat being a decent man. Damn I was gullible. :Cry: lol.

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
Dear lord. :confused: So privacy can only be found at the bedroom? Just it’s the moment the freak in him comes out :confused:
No, they were always in there, just chatting, watching movies etc....privacy did not exist :D
Sounds like being held hostage.
Yes, that is exactly what it was :thumbsup:
Were you under lock and key mango bloody hell
Ya, pretty much.....isn't it crazy! I look back with horror now at what I tolerated :eek:
It's funny. Back then, I was frustrated, but I really did laugh at it....because I just didn't understand.
Now that I do understand the culture, I really do laugh so dang much....because I realise what a nightmare this independent, educated, free, Western woman must have been for them to control :D:D
I am guessing this behaviour is to ensure that no other rats and families that see you can snatch you up to use for their own visa purposes?
Yes, for sure.....there would have been a large element of that involved, but dickface always told me it was to keep me safe.
They told me they were responsible for me there, that if anything happened to me, they would be punished, so even then....they were protecting themselves, not me :rolleyes:
I had novelty value in the village, as most of them had never seen an English woman before.....so I was like an exhibit when taken out....but to tell me it was to keep me safe is bizarre, as they were constantly begging me not to leave, not to visit England, as it was safe there, I was safe, there were police and military everywhere, the family would look after me, I was at more risk in London etc, which begs the question:

If I was so safe, if Tunisia was so safe.....why was I guarded around the clock, kept in the house etc? Because it's not safe......Tunisia is not even remotely safe, and actually.....my physical damage all happened in the property anyway :rolleyes:
They are afraid of losing they cash cow.
They didn't want my money (then). I think that bit was hidden....they were saving it for after the visa was secured....at which point, I think he would have financially stripped me bare.
It backfired when I refused to marry him, refused to get him a visa.....and hid all my money elsewhere.
They nosey beyond any other culture.
Aren't they just! It's crazy.....I've never known anything like it :eek:
Glad you're away Mango.
Thank you :love: I'm glad too. It was like serving a prison sentence.....but my crime was only to love and trust the wrong people. Hard, but very valuable lesson learned.

Laura2014

Staff Member/Administrator
Staff member
Yeah and ask them, how do you know you love me, you never met me and they come up with this foolish ass excuse from out of nowhere that doesn't make sense.

Last week, I was driving with some friends, about a 2 hour drive to our destination. And I was in the back seat kind of staring at the beauty of the country. And I realized that this beautiful life that I am living, I could never have that with a man like that. Everything is business and competition to them. He would never be able to enjoy life like I enjoy life. If I hadve married him, all of that would've been stripped away from me. Even if I brought him to my country, his mentality would never change. I would live in misery. All they tend to care about is competition. Their love is a business kind of love, a what can I do for him kind of love.

Another thing. Their family is always in the mix of everything. Even when talking to my rat, the family knew everything about us, about his sisters marriage, about everything. They were always always in the business. No privacy whatsoever. It was a horrible feeling each time we argued, here comes the family skipping and hoping their ass in our business. Who lives like that? I could never.

Just the thought of being with him for the rest of my life makes me physically ill sometimes, seriously. Like nausea. I am in a phase where I am embarrassed and literally feel like I could've made a horrible decision. I have anxiety a little from the thought of all the freedoms I am afforded, being stripped away from me. All my friends and colleagues express how I had a lucky escape. I thank God every morning I wake that I was able to get away from him and find a new man.

Does anyone else feel the embarrassment?
Great post and embarrassment, yes every time I look in the mirror I say; what the fcuk were you thinking

Mystery

If you want to marry a north African man be prepared to sit in the house while he go out all day . Do not call him on his phone or you be harassing him. If you want to message him be prepared to get what do you want now quote.
When he returned as a grumpy ass bitch he will tell you nothing. No chat at all and back to his phone. His phone will go off all day and night
Make sure his food is ready for him. Preferable with rat poison in it
The sister if it is his sister will be hugging and kissing him sat with her hand on his leg but you must not.

Brasilgirl

This is funny and sad at the same time Mango. I expressed how in my country, men and women coexist together. My sisters bestfriend is a male. She was darn near "bestman/woman" at his wedding. Now her and the wife are good friends too. She is like auntie to their kids. They have been friends since they were about 10 years old, met in the church choir. He plays piano and she can sing. You would think they were blood related. Never have they even tried to take it to the next level. Like cooties to them, haha.

Telling this to my rat was like licking air, pointless. He could not see how people of the opposite sex could be friends (oh my, clutching my pearls :eek::rolleyes:).

But I later found their jealousy is NOT like our men jealousy. Their jealousy is "protecting the investment " kind of jealousy. Not cute at all, shit is annoying really. So for those who think that jealous behavior is cute and innocent. He is only protecting his prize. Has nothing to do with your looks, your cooch (cus evidently they like the back door too:whistle:), and you ARE NOT SPECIAL. Hate to be the barrier of bad news, but you're not. Sorry.

Glad you're away Mango.
My rat used to tell me all of the Tunisian girls I saw in his photos with him, arm in arm, holding hands, leaning on, touching like a couple, etc where ‘just friends’. But I dug a little deeper. He was so full of it.

Mystery

My rat used to tell me all of the Tunisian girls I saw in his photos with him, arm in arm, holding hands, leaning on, touching like a couple, etc where ‘just friends’. But I dug a little deeper. He was so full of it.
There is more women than men and all the women are looking for a husband.
They even ask Allah to find a husband for them.
If I ever need pray for a husband especially a no good one please shoot me.
I wonder did he do them all then pay for a zip on they virgina. I bet there's more real virgins in the western world than a north African country
They will know that a man is married and don't care.

Top Bottom