The yardstick : How would a Tunisian man conduct a relationship with a Tunisian woman?

Mango Chutney

Administrator.
Staff member
If I ever need pray for a husband especially a no good one please shoot me.
Will do. Please ensure you all do me the same favour :D
I bet there's more real virgins in the western world than a north African country
Yup, for sure. I have seen some cheap girls in my country and on my travels, but NOTHING in the same league as I saw in Tunisia!!!
I felt like a nun!

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
Staff member
I am in need of help, my fiancé is in Tunisia and I am in America. We want to ensure we have all the documents in order prior to our wedding so that he may come live with me in the states without a glitch.

Any advice

You need to apply for a K1 Fiance Visa, you will have 90 days to get married or not.
There is a TLC TV programme called 90 Day Fiance which has followed a number of couples through this process, it's well worth watching ;)

But please be aware that you will be absolutely financially responsible for him for 10 years once he's in America, whether you stay together or not.

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
Staff member
....I am also starting to take proper Arabic classes so that I can communicate with his family better. .
They don't speak Arabic, they speak Tunisian....
Its similar but quite different. They learn arabic in school so most can understand it, at least the basics. But it will not enable you to understand them very well, especially when they are talking amongst themselves

Heidi

You need to apply for a K1 Fiance Visa, you will have 90 days to get married or not.
Eligibility for Fiancé(e) Visas

You may be eligible to bring your fiancé(e) to the United States on a fiancé(e) visa if you meet the following requirements:

• You are a U.S. citizen;
  • You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry one another within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the United States on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa;
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both legally free to marry (this means you both are legally able to marry in the United States and any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment); and
  • You and your fiancé(e) met each other in person at least once within the 2-year period before you file your petition. You may request a waiver of this in-person meeting requirement if you can show that meeting in person would:
    • Violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice; or
    • Result in extreme hardship to you, the U.S. citizen petitioner.

Heidi

If American-Tunisian friends would go to Tunisia to marry the rat there and then bring him to the States:

Responsibilities as a Sponsor

When you sign the affidavit of support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s) generally until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (which unsually takes 10 years). Your obligation also ends if you or the individual sponsored dies or if the individual sponsored ceases to be a permanent resident and departs the United States.

Note: Divorce does NOT end the sponsorship obligation.

If the individual you sponsored receives any "means-tested public benefits," you are responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed. Any joint sponsors or household members whose income is used to meet the minimum income requirements are also legally responsible for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant.

AmberHeart

Lady Amberheart of Gafsa
IfAmerican-Tunisian friendswould go to Tunisia to marry the rat there and then bring him to the States:

When you sign the affidavit of support, you accept legal responsibility for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant(s) generally until they become U.S. citizens or can be credited with 40 quarters of work (which unsually takes 10 years). Your obligation also ends if you or the individual sponsored dies or if the individual sponsored ceases to be a permanent resident and departs the United States.

If the individual you sponsored receives any "means-tested public benefits," you are responsible for repaying the cost of those benefits to the agency that provided them. If you do not repay the debt, the agency can sue you in court to get the money owed. Any joint sponsors or household members whose income is used to meet the minimum income requirements are also legally responsible for financially supporting the sponsored immigrant.
It reminds me @Heidi C ‘s case where her x rat is abusing Canadian system and bragging out she is his sponsor so she must give him money!! I hate that f.... has been violent towards her and her kid. This is a big subject to consider. They stop being nice once you are Legally responsible for them.

Last edited:

Laura2014

Staff Member/Administrator
Staff member
If American-Tunisian friends would go to Tunisia to marry the rat there and then bring him to the States:

It’s a very high price to pay for some love bombing and fake love. For them, it’s the gift that keeps giving long after they have flown the nest. The sponsor financially supports them and inadvertently a whole extended family in Tunisia whilst the sponsor struggles and lives with ever growing debt.

Femme Fatale

It’s a very high price to pay for some love bombing and fake love. For them, it’s the gift that keeps giving long after they have flown the nest. The sponsor financially supports them and inadvertently a whole extended family in Tunisia whilst the sponsor struggles and lives with ever growing debt.
This is what one of my friends reminded me of. She is an Air Force Officer that has dealt with her soldiers marrying these foreign women from Korea, Ukraine, etc. She was explaining that even if my rat and I divorce in my country, I am responsible for him. Especially if we are living in a community property kind of state. Whats yours is his and vise versa. It was something I had never thought about. I was shocked to know that.

Will a prenup agreement cover spouses who bring these men to the country??? Thoughts.

Last edited:

Laura2014

Staff Member/Administrator
Staff member
This is what one of my friends reminded me of. She is an Air Force Officer that has dealt with her soldiers marrying these foreign women from Korea, Ukraine, etc. She was explaining that even if my rat and I divorce in my country, I am responsible for him. Especially if we are living in a community property kind of state. Whats yours is his and vise versa. It was something I had never thought about. I was shocked to know that.

Will a prenup agreement cover spouses who bring these men to the country??? Thoughts.
I don’t think it has any bearing on being a sponsor. That’s a given , you pay regardless until they meet their own conditions to stay.

Going for the limit

3 stages on uk spouse visa. If they split and it is time for renewal then they have to go.
Cant do the visa on their own even if they earn the requirment themselves.
Even if they met someone they cant because they will still be here on the first wifes visa
Strange how different rules for each country

I.think that form you showed mystery its for curtailment.. If the wife curtails a visa he is stripped from working .using the nhs etc and should leave. Basically here illegally

Last edited:

Big Bang Theory

Administrator
Staff member
3 stages on uk spouse visa. If they split and it is time for renewal then they have to go.
Cant do the visa on their own even if they earn the requirment themselves.
Even if they met someone they cant because they will still be here on the first wifes visa
Strange how different rules for each country

I.think that form you showed mystery its for curtailment.. If the wife curtails a visa he is stripped from working .using the nhs etc and should leave. Basically here illegally
But with the Americal K1 visa once you're married they can stay and you are financially responsible for them (for 10 years) even if they up & leave you a few days after the wedding :(

Brasilgirl

But with the Americal K1 visa once you're married they can stay and you are financially responsible for them (for 10 years) even if they up & leave you a few days after the wedding :(
That could be why my rat wanted Canada and not Brasil. He would not fare out very good in Brasil if he left me right away. We don’t divorce as easy in Brasil, especially if there are young children. And this sponsor thing is not the same either. Getting to Canada or the US is a gravey train for them. It’s so dumb. They should just deport on divorce or separation. Simple. No benifits. No valid green card. Nothing.
As long as the governments tie the victim to the rat, the rats will keep coming. Is that who they want in their countries? And Trump wants to build a wall. Well what about the wetbacks from North Africa? Or the Dominican, or Jamaica? Seriously!

Mystery

You all know the secret about visa's
DON'T GET THEM ONE.
If they want to live with you in thier country for 4 years they don't need a visa if you return to the UK
It gives them automatic rights.

Heidi C

It reminds me @Heidi C ‘s case where her x rat is abusing Canadian system and bragging out she is his sponsor so she must give him money!! I hate that fucker, has been violent towards her and her kid. This is a big subject to consider. They stop being nice once you are Legally responsible for them.
They stop being nice once they've married you pretty much too. So much of their demeaner switches around. What a nightmare it is being married to someone who blatently admits to marrying you for a visa and free passage into your country he thinks he now owns because he's living here. As for me supporting, GOOD LUCK! You can't get blood from a stone. I'm facing homelessness so how he can think I'm needing to be paying his way, HELL to the NO!!!!!

I'm seriously considering writing a book based on the two Rats I've been cursed with :'(

Top Bottom