To all readers from USA and Canada...

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
I'm probably in the wrong thread, but I read a fascinating post awhile ago by someone who knew how these guys think. I'd love to re-read it but now I can't find it. FYI I'm not involved with a love rat myself or know anyone who is (other than watching 90 day fiancé with horror) but I find it really interesting. thanks in advance.

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
Excellent, thanks Mother Hen. Canada and the U.S. are just catching up to this phenomenon. There are so many stories from Britain about women who have been exploited. It happens in Canada too, just not Tunisians until lately. Canada did away with the fiancé visa. So the rat would have to play a long game, waiting until Marriage was in the works. Even then, the new regulations say the marriage has to last two years at least but I'm sure most rats don't know this and think they get PR status when they arrive. I like Lawrence's comment that if you met him on the internet, be suspect right away.

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
Sorry, me again! The article I was searching for was the one where it said that the Tunisian rat can justify his actions by assuming the woman knows the score: i.e. she's older so I'm only telling her what she wants to hear but she must know that it's all lies, so that makes the scam okay. It reminds me of how prisoners can get girlfriends because they write such romantic letters. But the day they're released, everything falls apart.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Excellent, thanks Mother Hen. Canada and the U.S. are just catching up to this phenomenon. There are so many stories from Britain about women who have been exploited. It happens in Canada too, just not Tunisians until lately. Canada did away with the fiancé visa. So the rat would have to play a long game, waiting until Marriage was in the works. Even then, the new regulations say the marriage has to last two years at least but I'm sure most rats don't know this and think they get PR status when they arrive. I like Lawrence's comment that if you met him on the internet, be suspect right away.
Crikey I think it's now 5 years in the UK to get citizenship - it is getting harder and harder to get a visa but yes usa are still pretty slow of understanding the phenomenal influx of tunies n Turkish etc guests they will have!

The waiting game is not a problem to the rats - sometimes it takes 5+ years - they only see the end result either house in Tunisia and Virgin bride paid for from Europeans or visa.

We know there are honest Tunisians of course but anyone that fishes on the net is a rat!

Also bear in mind it isn't just Tunisians that work in tourism - we have had members ratted on by professional men.

MH xxx

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
Another pet peeve of mine is the woman saying "How is this any of your bezness? It's my marriage" (courtesy of Danielle Mullins Jbali from 90 day fiancé). But facilitating a fraud artist coming into MY country is MY business and everybody else's too. Marry at your peril but don't let him loose on other unsuspecting women.

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
ok guys im new to this site and I am from Canada and did meet a man from sousse Tunisia on a dating site.he is 10 years younger then me but very charming.i was trying to find out about Tunisia when I came across this site and now im in panic mode.he told me he just has a simple job and doesn't make much money so after a few months I offered to pay his flight to come here for a visit...he refused saying that you don't take money from a lady and he will save to come see me.are all these men rats and am I aloud to post his name and pic to see if anyone nos this guy
He's probably hiding the fact that he can't get a visa to come to Canada, even if you pay for the ticket.

katt1828

Major Ratslayer
Another pet peeve of mine is the woman saying "How is this any of your bezness? It's my marriage" (courtesy of Danielle Mullins Jbali from 90 day fiancé). But facilitating a fraud artist coming into MY country is MY business and everybody else's too. Marry at your peril but don't let him loose on other unsuspecting women.
I see you must be following all that drama on 90 Day also... It boggles the mind, don't it? And Danielle only fuels the fire... Mohammed doesn't even try and hide his disdain for her at this point, but she still doesn't want to see. It's hard to feel bad for her anymore, even though I hate to see anyone conned.

D

Deleted member 146

Sorry, me again! The article I was searching for was the one where it said that the Tunisian rat can justify his actions by assuming the woman knows the score
In many cases, "Bezness" does not even start as such, but happens, because one side misinterprets the goals of the other side and assumes that the "counterpart" is also playing to win (gain more).

Often, there will not even be a discussion about it, because the opposing cultural views are not realized by the parties and each side assumes that there is an unspoken agreement about certain things.
For example, a bezness man, who is starting a relationship with a quite unattractive woman is often convinced that he is entering into an unspoken "business" in which his affection will be rewarded with money - in other words the woman receives a lover and the man receives money, or a visa, for his services.

http://www.tunisia-love.com/what-is-bezness-in-tunisia.htm

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
In many cases, "Bezness" does not even start as such, but happens, because one side misinterprets the goals of the other side and assumes that the "counterpart" is also playing to win (gain more).

Often, there will not even be a discussion about it, because the opposing cultural views are not realized by the parties and each side assumes that there is an unspoken agreement about certain things.
For example, a bezness man, who is starting a relationship with a quite unattractive woman is often convinced that he is entering into an unspoken "business" in which his affection will be rewarded with money - in other words the woman receives a lover and the man receives money, or a visa, for his services.

http://www.tunisia-love.com/what-is-bezness-in-tunisia.htm
Thank you, Heidi. That was the one I was looking for, I could never have located it without you!

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
I see you must be following all that drama on 90 Day also... It boggles the mind, don't it? And Danielle only fuels the fire... Mohammed doesn't even try and hide his disdain for her at this point, but she still doesn't want to see. It's hard to feel bad for her anymore, even though I hate to see anyone conned.
It really is mind boggling and quite sad too. The worse the rat treats her, the more she loves and defends him.

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks ladies I'm now curious and will join this 90 day fiancé page lol - like you lot don't distract me enough when I'm working now I have something else :p;):thumbsup:

Xxxx

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
Thanks ladies I'm now curious and will join this 90 day fiancé page lol - like you lot don't distract me enough when I'm working now I have something else :p;):thumbsup:

Xxxx
Mother Hen, I thought I was addicted to chocolate but it's nothing compared to this story. I'll give you the short version. It all started out so well... no it didn't, it started with red flags everywhere. 26 year old Tunisian guy, 41 year old American woman. They met online, he proposed within months, she flew to Qatar (where he was working) for a one week whirlwind romance, she got his K1 visa. His arrival was filmed for the show on TLC (you can still see episodes online, it has to be seen to get the full flavour of the horror that follows). She was in a constant state of anxiety that Mohamed would leave after finding out the full state of the "finashuls". On the day of the wedding, the groom visits a lawyer to find out-- oh no-- that it "take too long to get the, how you say it? green card". After two weeks of wedded bliss, Mohamed leaves when the "electric" gets shut off for non payment. Danielle is devastated as family members try to reassure her that it's good riddance. No, she replies, "I want him here. I need him here. He makes me a better person." On the reunion show that follows in December, Mohamed states that the reason he came to America was 40% for the adventure and 60% "to be stable in relationship"....no mention of love of course. By this time, it has come to light that Mo's bezness didn't even slow down after he came to America. He's texting, Skyping and Facebooking with other women, several of whom are sending him money. By December he has struck gold: a wealthy French woman in New York who proceeds to send him, not a few coins, but thousands of dollars upwards of 20K. She also takes him on trips to Atlantic City, New York and Las Vegas. However, in April a glitch! Mo tells Danielle he is away to Florida, tells his New York mistress he is hiding out in Ohio but in reality heads off to North Carolina where he meets a younger, blonder mistress. How do we know this? Because everyone posts everything on Facebook! Mo gets busted because he can't resist posting a photo of himself in North Carolina when he's supposed to be in (a) Florida or (b) Ohio. Mistress 1 fights with Mistress 2 on the 90 Day page, Danielle fights with all of them. Mistress 2 leaks a message from Mohamed discussing how they can get more money out of the "French woman" (Mo tells her he wants 10K, but Mistress 1 says he asked for 24K) so he can take Mistress 2 to Tunisia in September for his brother's "weeding". Now (today) Mistress 1 is on the 90 Day page discussing how she plans to sue Wife for "extortion" since Wife offered to sell Mo to her in exchange for 30K. I think 30 K is a tad overpriced to say the least. Happy reading!

MH007

Administrator
Staff member
@olderandwiser thank you for the summary lol.

OMG - I must admit I did watch the series on Youtube and it was rather addictive, we were all talking about it on here.

Maybe I shouldn't join lol sounds like a lot of reading to catch up.........intrigue will get the better of me though I am sure!

I have read that Danielle has been found guilty of fraud many times - maybe she is just as much a rat? Who knows - the only thing we can be certain of is that HE is definitely a RAT!!

xxxxxxxxx

katt1828

Major Ratslayer

Xxxx
Seriously, it's so mind boggling I find myself getting lost for long amounts of time just reading the posts and everyone's responses. So unbelieveable.

katt1828

Major Ratslayer
It really is mind boggling and quite sad too. The worse the rat treats her, the more she loves and defends him.
It's true! The worse he treats her, the more blatantly he flirts with women and cheats, the more he leaves, the more she defends him and makes up excuses.

olderandwiser

Major Ratslayer
The excuses are great: 1. "He don't understand our cul-shure"; 2. "We don't understand his cul-shure"; 3. "He's confused by his "fame" from the TV show; 4. "The women are just friends or fans. No sex" 5. "Nobody can show any proofs"; 6. "You can only believe me and Mohamed, nobody else"; 7. "Like I told everyone a hundred times, he don't want no dam green card"..

W

WomenBeWise

Hello,

The "old" continent, Europe, closing slowly its border by hardening spouse immigration laws and criteria, the Tunisian internet rats changed also their target countries, ladies from Canada and the USA becoming more and more aimed. European ladies learned it the hard way, thousands and thousands of them being bitten by Tunisian rats through financial, emotional and spousal scamming, they are now more and more armed (through experience, heresay, national law enforcments, TV programs and sites like this one) against the rattery. But USA and Canadian ladies still seem so very naive and unaware of how these Tunisian internet rats operate and what their aims are with them. These ladies think in their own local way (very respectful and with good intentions, proper to their education and surroiundings) and are the ideal victims for these rats! They do have years and years of experience to catch up in comparison to their European sisters (who, by the way, still got trapped as well!)

So this is ment for you American and Canadian ladies! Scamming, talking smoothly a lady into marriage, obtaining money and papers, that's all these internet rats are after. They don't even know what the word "love" means, they just know it works perfectly well with ladies that are in need of attention, caring, flaming love declarations, marriage demands, a lovely man in their lives....especially when the lady is weakened by recent divorce, death of a beloved one, ungrateful looks, elder age, loneliness etc...

So, please, when a Tunisian (mostly younger) man is approaching you on the internet (Facebook, Badoo, other dating or even touristical sites), don't fall into the trap. All these men are after is money and papers to get out of the country into the ElDorado (that's what they think of foreign countries). They're smooth talkers, they learned how to use (fake) love for their aims. Be Wise and aware of this and don't let them the chance of talking you into a virtual Relationship, as this is the first step into misery for you and your beloved ones!!!!
EVERYONE still needs to be vigilant. Thirty nine hotels just in the Sousse area alone, plus a number in Nabuel are set to close in August/September. This will mean job losses in the hundreds. Hence typical Rats like animation teams, hotel staff, taxi drivers etc will be ever the more desperate and under more pressure from their families to bring money in.

So if you HAVE to get entangled with any of these men, the minimum criteria is a JOB.

Still I ask the same question, yet unanswered: what do women see in these men? I know taste is a very personal thing but come on..these Rat types are silly grinning uneducated idiots and about as appealing as a bag of slugs!!

D

Deleted member 146

Still I ask the same question, yet unanswered: what do women see in these men? I know taste is a very personal thing but come on..these Rat types are silly grinning uneducated idiots and about as appealing as a bag of slugs!!
Yes dear, I remember you wrote that you like them darker ;)

How are you, are you still in Tunisia ? I´m worried about you

L

Lellaji

Mother Hen, I thought I was addicted to chocolate but it's nothing compared to this story. I'll give you the short version. It all started out so well... no it didn't, it started with red flags everywhere. 26 year old Tunisian guy, 41 year old American woman. They met online, he proposed within months, she flew to Qatar (where he was working) for a one week whirlwind romance, she got his K1 visa. His arrival was filmed for the show on TLC (you can still see episodes online, it has to be seen to get the full flavour of the horror that follows). She was in a constant state of anxiety that Mohamed would leave after finding out the full state of the "finashuls". On the day of the wedding, the groom visits a lawyer to find out-- oh no-- that it "take too long to get the, how you say it? green card". After two weeks of wedded bliss, Mohamed leaves when the "electric" gets shut off for non payment. Danielle is devastated as family members try to reassure her that it's good riddance. No, she replies, "I want him here. I need him here. He makes me a better person." On the reunion show that follows in December, Mohamed states that the reason he came to America was 40% for the adventure and 60% "to be stable in relationship"....no mention of love of course. By this time, it has come to light that Mo's bezness didn't even slow down after he came to America. He's texting, Skyping and Facebooking with other women, several of whom are sending him money. By December he has struck gold: a wealthy French woman in New York who proceeds to send him, not a few coins, but thousands of dollars upwards of 20K. She also takes him on trips to Atlantic City, New York and Las Vegas. However, in April a glitch! Mo tells Danielle he is away to Florida, tells his New York mistress he is hiding out in Ohio but in reality heads off to North Carolina where he meets a younger, blonder mistress. How do we know this? Because everyone posts everything on Facebook! Mo gets busted because he can't resist posting a photo of himself in North Carolina when he's supposed to be in (a) Florida or (b) Ohio. Mistress 1 fights with Mistress 2 on the 90 Day page, Danielle fights with all of them. Mistress 2 leaks a message from Mohamed discussing how they can get more money out of the "French woman" (Mo tells her he wants 10K, but Mistress 1 says he asked for 24K) so he can take Mistress 2 to Tunisia in September for his brother's "weeding". Now (today) Mistress 1 is on the 90 Day page discussing how she plans to sue Wife for "extortion" since Wife offered to sell Mo to her in exchange for 30K. I think 30 K is a tad overpriced to say the least. Happy reading!
@olderandwiser is this a show or what? wow i cant believe the trickery and thievery

L

Lellaji

@olderandwiser i cant remember exact specifications and requirements for visa approval for SPOUSE but im pretty sure you need to be married at least 2 years before green card if you file for CR 1 (spouse, not fiance )

so we will be married 2 years Sept 26 this year..and i told him FYI I believe the consulate wants to see a solid 2 year MARRIAGE with all PROOF to back that up

Cydney

Major Ratslayer
@olderandwiser i cant remember exact specifications and requirements for visa approval for SPOUSE but im pretty sure you need to be married at least 2 years before green card if you file for CR 1 (spouse, not fiance )

so we will be married 2 years Sept 26 this year..and i told him FYI I believe the consulate wants to see a solid 2 year MARRIAGE with all PROOF to back that up
We filed for the CR1 immigrant visa in early April after we returned from our honeymoon. We did not have a long history of relationship as we had met online and we married during our first meeting. The only things we had available to show at the time was a joint Tunisian bank account, wedding photos,receipts for wedding/honeymoon expenses, our joint Tunisian lease signed by landlord and validated by the local municipality office. It takes time to process the application so while it was being processed we continued to just stash away things as proof. So photos, or receipts from things we did together, etc were just kept to the side as proof to show the consulate when interview day came, though we didn't need to show them. We just showed up for the interview and they gave him the visa with hardly any questions or asking for additional proof... So no, you don't need two years of proof for the CR1, the proof we provided was from the first few weeks of marriage only and was easily approved.