To all readers from USA and Canada...

Discussion in 'Online Rats' started by Laurence, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

I saw one catfish where the guy was actually the victims boyfriends other women. Very complicated and hurtful. I think it’s best just to avoid on line dating completely. If you aren’t from the same city and can’t meet in a few weeks, then don’t talk to them.

2. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

One thing I noticed about the ‘Rat’ I fell for was that all the members of his ‘family’ who he showed me on-line had English tags and their profiles were written in English as well. They would comment on posts in their own dialect, but they advertise themselves in English. This became a huge red flag for me when I met students at my university from Tunisia, and also a man at my company from Tunisia. These Tunisian I met had Tunisian profiles written in Tunisian. They had almost exclusively Tunisian ‘Friends’ and with the exception of famous people and a few local friends from here. They only followed people from their country or where they were living now. If your guy is from Tunisia and he has his profiles and photo # tags all in English, he is staging those social media accounts to attract English speaking people.
    If he has a lot of selfies, more than other photos, he is most likely trying to attract women or men for dates.
    I’m not saying they all are doing this. You will see some with mixed # tags. If you don’t see many Tunisian # tags on their posts or in their profile and their profile is written in English it is a huge red flag. Facebook and Instagram can not translate Tunisian properly, so if they tell you it must be auto translated, they lie. And none of the social media applications will translate the # tags.
    Just thought I’d point this out.

3. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth

The thing I noticed is that rats, known in the TLR forums and in our gallery, tend to change their fb name into arabic letters 24.gif

4. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

Ya, and they're so freakin thick...they think we can't use Google translate, and then copy and paste the Arabic version into our search box ....and that we haven't saved the link :rolleyes:
    Brainless fools :thumbsup:

juicyfruit, Heidi, AmberHeart and 3 others like this.
  5. Epiphany

Epiphany Well-Known Member

They can run but they can't hide :cool: