Translation needed please

Discussion in 'The Cat's Coffee House' started by Elocin Ben, Jun 25, 2015.

1. serene

serene New Member

Thank you

2. ShellyCherif

ShellyCherif New Member

Oh my goodness-i know exactly how you feel with needed translations!!!! My Mahdi is from Bardo,Tunisia-and talks this same dialect-i cannot understand a damm thing!!!!! I am going to Tunis in August too-was thinking also of marriage!!!!!!!!

3. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Hi! Be smart and read well here on this page before going into a marriage in Tunisia. Think well and long. Do you really trust him? Do you really know him? Would you marriage him at this point if he was a man from your own country? Take some time out . Like that you can avoid many problems in the future.

Judithlyn, Amira and Big Bang Theory like this.
  4. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth - Staff Member

Hi @ShellyCherif , so you married Mahdi Cherif. Are you happy now? Will you live in Tunisia?

31397.jpg nice avatar :)

5. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Moderator

Oooooops :rolleyes:
    Of course they will live in Tunisia, he married a considerably older woman from thousands of miles away for love only, not a visa or money :rolleyes::D:D
    Look how mine fooled me, had me living in Tunisia knowing all along that my living there with him was a sham that would have eased his route to England....if I'd played ball!
    Unfortunately for him, I saw through his shit...here's hoping ShellyC does too!

Lovelylondon and Heidi like this.
  6. Tiger

Tiger Well-Known Member

Of course the plan is not to stay in Tunisia ! If she is older there is a reason for this marriage . The goal from his side is to get benefits from his older wife. Some will say I must be a bitter bitten woman. But believe me I am not. It is important for western women to understand the normal reason for marriage in this country. It is an Islamic country. And Tunisia have also long old traditions when it comes to marriage. First of all it is not accepted for a man to marriage a woman more then 2-3 years older then him. And the wife to be is normally find in his nabourhood or in close family.
    The most important thing for the man is to become a father. A man who not have children are looked at like not a real man. To marriage a woman out of age for children are done for only one reason. And that is benefits!!
    And what is the greatest benefit? Of course a visa!
    I feel so sorry for the woman who end up in this hopeless marriages to this guys. The demand for money without any feeling for how much,how long or how hard the woman have to work for to earn it. Always in need for something when she arrive. Cloths,shoe, phone and and! Let her pay for everything. But he stand there emthy handed. She do not deserve anything. And if he have something it's just some cheap crap he get for next to nothing at one of the million of good friends he have.
    The truth is that he would never get away with a behavior like this with a woman from his own country. But there is one agenda for tourist wife. Another agenda for wife from his own country. Wife from his country mean have to provide. Tourist wife is for use and her mission is to change his life into marriage material so he can get his tunisian vergine and a new life in the.west.
    I am afraid the happy smile on this newly married woman soon will fade away and she will face reality. It is horrifying and so indescribably devastating when the pink glases fall of and the women are trapt in a bezness marriage. And she see how fake this people are. B/c everybody there know what this marriage is about. And the woman is laught and joked about behind her back same time they smile and kiss and milk whatever they can.

Judithlyn, Heidi, magic and 5 others like this.
  7. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Moderator

Yes, my reply was sarcastic, hence the rolling eye and laughing emojis :D It just amazes me that anybody aware of bezness, clued up on rats and familiar with this site cannot see the stark, staring obvious....that's why my reply was sarcastic....I just don't get why anybody wouldn't see what's going on after reading here, it truly astounds me!!
    She will learn the hard way, just like the others that have come here for advice and chosen to ignore it. I'm always willing to help a victim recover....I just wish more would listen to us and not put themselves through this hell.

Judithlyn, Tiger, Heidi and 2 others like this.
  8. Heidi

Heidi The Sleuth - Staff Member

Let me play the devil's advocate ;)
    Because Shelly did not have to spend any money on him and he did not ask her for money, she felt save and loved.

His family made her feel welcome. She got the whole spiel.... @Tiger and @Mango Chutney, your posts are on the dot

9. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Moderator

Well now there's a funny thing! Who'd believe it...it's uncanny :rolleyes:
    Houssem never asked me for any money!
    Oh, I wasn't expected to spend money on Houssem!
    You won't believe it ....Houssem's family made me feel so welcome! In fact, I was so welcome....they moved me in with them and paid all my living expenses!
    I'd never felt so safe and loved :D
    How many times have I written over and over this site about my experience? Others have written similar! Shelley C....they don't all ask for money, they want a visa, visa, V.I.S.A!!!
    Perhaps you ought to read this thread....and then dump the rat :thumbsup:
    https://www.tunisianloverats.com/threads/visa-hunting-tunisian-love-rats.4534/