Tui

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Gorgeous, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Gorgeous

Gorgeous Well-Known Member

TUI travel have started promoting 3 hotels in Sousse for holidays this year.

2. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

I saw that and hundreds of comments from people saying they can’t wait to go back. Short memories.... carnage on the beach.

juicyfruit, Heidi and Mango Chutney like this.
  3. Masha

Masha Well-Known Member

Only 3? In other countries there are dozens on offer especially for families !!!!!!!!!

4. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

They are being cautious. Can you even imagine what their corporate insurance has cost them, assisting innocent customers to a country where their last innocent customers were murdered in cold blood! TUI should hang their heads in shame!

5. Mango Chutney

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...ests-tunisia-turn-deadly-180109070431217.html
    Everything has gone up in price: Food, drink, internet, phones, clothes, toiletries, housing, petrol, bills etc....but clearly violence is the solution! :rolleyes:

Screenshot_2018-01-09-19-14-11_kindlephoto-243246.png

And how ironic that the end of that report has an advert for tourism!

Screenshot_2018-01-09-19-14-19_kindlephoto-289550.png

I really must look into get my relaxing, stress free, peaceful holiday to Tunisia booked. It's safe, folks! :D

Screenshot_2018-01-09-16-43-53_kindlephoto-733244030.png

It is beyond me why anybody would risk going there: violent street riots across the country, thousands of jihadists...and rats....scamming prostitute rats!! Oh well....each to their own :rolleyes:

6. juicyfruit

juicyfruit Well-Known Member

:eek::(:Cry:

Mango Chutney likes this.
  7. juicyfruit

:eek::rolleyes:and the rats still want us to come! We are not that dumb! To hell with the travel agencies!:sneaky:

8. Mango Chutney

Some are :Cry: Victims will also tell us it is safe. Truth be told, when I lived there... I thought I was safe!! :D:D
    It was only after I left that I really started paying attention :eek:

juicyfruit and Masha like this.
  9. juicyfruit

Keep putting it out there; your story. Many of us including me have been stopped in our tracks from having to go there to endure the nightmare you experienced. And I thank you for that....

Mango Chutney likes this.
  10. Mango Chutney

Tis not so easy to convince victims in the Amiga stage that her man is not different....and it's painfully frustrating when it's so obvious! We'll never give up trying though :p

catrin, Masha, juicyfruit and 2 others like this.
  11. Mango Chutney

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-38-11_kindlephoto-20069053.png

Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-38-34_kindlephoto-20104197.png Screenshot_2018-01-10-22-33-03_kindlephoto-19738993.png http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=2030551&c=setreg&region=2

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/new...fy-security-clampdown-threat/article37560489/

It's on the French news too, including videos. How long before military rule returns?
    http://m.france24.com/en/20180110-t...-new-unrest-protests-austerity-demonstrations

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-42624639
    Really encouraging to see it on BBC news, at least people will be aware.
    Those rats will be getting desperate now :eek:

This link is more descriptive of individual acts of violence:
    http://gulftoday.ae/portal/ab30f2b9-4070-45bb-a725-829115e724da.aspx

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Heidi, Laura2014 and juicyfruit like this.
  12. Mango Chutney

Lovelylondon and juicyfruit like this.
  13. Mango Chutney

14. Mango Chutney

State of Emergency extended again:
    https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2689911&Language=en

I guess it's connected to this:
    https://m.aawsat.com/english/home/article/1169521/qaeda-trying-regroup-tunisia-after-isis-setbacks

And this, which I've mentioned a few times and got shot down for....terrorist funding:
    https://m.aawsat.com/english/home/a...ncreased-risk-money-laundering-terror-funding

Yet Thomas Cook and TUI claim people are booking well....do these people not read the news?
    Thank God I had the sense to refuse to take my kids there....it's a boiling pot!

15. Laura2014

I find it really odd that people want to go there on holiday and somehow disrespectful to the 38 people who were murdered there. I can’t imagine wanting to sit on a beach which was drenched in blood. With a population of 11million and it’s close proximity to Libya and Algeria and the ever increasing rise in Jihadists I can think of much safer and more tolerant places to visit. The food may be cheap but so is life there it seems.

magic, Bess, juicyfruit and 3 others like this.
  16. gem15

gem15 Well-Known Member

I can understand your point but people are still visiting Paris, London, Manchester and other places that have been victim to terror attacks. Unfortunately life does go on and you cant live in the past. There Jihadists are everywhere and we cant avoid them

17. Mango Chutney

They are, I do agree, but Tunisia is swarming with returning ISIS members and now Al Qaida are also trying to build up there.
    Our security forces are better equipped to deal with potential threats, and though I can appreciate Tunisia is getting foreign support, it's not enough to cope with the size of the problem.
    I would never relax on a Tunisian beach, I am too aware of the depth of the problem, and the fact that they have extended the State of Emergency again tells me the officials are too. They would not have wanted to extend it knowing the tourist industry is picking up again.
    The saying 'safety in numbers' is not true in Tunisia. As a lone English woman in my neck of the woods, I felt relatively safe....but were I surrounded by hundreds of tourists there....I would be frightened.
    Our government had to put the ban in place, I can understand why they did that, but unfortunately....I fear that now leaves us as sitting ducks, the golden target for media attention hungry terrorists.

Bess and juicyfruit like this.
  18. gem15

gem15 Well-Known Member

The state of emergency has been in force since the revolution and doesnt really connect to the attacks. More potential attacks are being unfolded in the UK and arrests made too. Myself personally i fell safer in Sousse than i do in London.

Like you said theres been plenty of help from European and american security forces and if they wasnt satisfied the ban would'nt have been lifted.

Everyone has their own limit of safety they want to put themselves in, only time will tell if people come back. It will take a long time for new tourists to return but those who have visited before and enjoyed themselves will be a bit more forthcoming.

19. Mango Chutney

I thought the State of Emergency was put in place after Sousse? :confused: Then extended after the attack on the Presidential Guards :confused:
    All the media reports say that, plus I was sat on the beach listening to the lengthy broadcast played loudly on speakers.
    I don't feel safe in London either :D
    I enjoyed myself in Tunisia before rat and for the first year with him....but I'll never return, not only due to safety concerns, but also due to anger over the Tunisian Government doing nothing to deal with the mass male prostitute culture, that tarnishes their image and destroys innocent people.

juicyfruit likes this.
  20. Mango Chutney

Screenshot_2018-02-10-20-30-06_kindlephoto-305116543.png

It says after the attack on the Presidential Guards, but there was also something going on after Sousse, hence the very long radio broadcast.
    There were also curfews put in place both times where I was (Tunis).....as if life in the village from hell wasn't boring enough already, now even an evening walk was out of bounds! :D

21. gem15

gem15 Well-Known Member

Theres been a few curfews over the years, its great fun watching everyone rush home lol. The first SOE was in 2011 they just keep extending it. I think but not 100% sure that it was lifted briefly over time but only for a small amount of time.

juicyfruit and Mango Chutney like this.
  22. beznessbitch

beznessbitch Well-Known Member

smelly hotels.. sewage in the street.. rubbish everywhere.. people ripping u off... beady eyed rats ready to pounce.. to name but a few reasons to avoid the shithole completely

23. juicyfruit

:eek:

24. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Difference is we have a very strong intelligence service unlike Tunisia AND our Police are not afraid to confront a terrorist unlike Tunisian Police - they let that terrorist rampage and only the hotel staff tried to stop him!

@beznessbitch you sum it up well.

On a random note - I got two missed calls from a number in Tunisia today, haven't even been there for years!

I'm going to Kos - far more civilised :thumbsup:

MH xxx

beznessbitch, Mango Chutney and Heidi like this.
  25. Laura2014

My pal in Ireland had two calls from Tunisia this week, she’s got no connection there and never been but it’s become a call centre for unwanted redirected sales calls.