Tui

Discussion in 'Tunisian News & Current Events' started by Gorgeous, Jan 5, 2018.

1. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

These were the typical one ring and hang up tactic......!
    xxx

juicyfruit likes this.
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Active Member

I remember the days when nothing would stop me going back. Couldn't wait for the flights to start. Then I woke up. It's not the threat of terrorism that puts me off. It's the threat of the plague of rats rubbing their hands together at the thought of all the fresh meat getting off the planes. 2 years with very little funding for them the stench desperation must hang in the air like a dense fog.
    A news report I read even mentioned the unemployed men sitting in coffee shops waiting for the tourist trade to pick up...waiting for the western union shops to open more likely.

Never ever again

3. Mango Chutney

Mango Chutney Well-Known Member

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...a/news-story/7a97e41157cbd13be841fb83ecfe837c
    [​IMG]

WORLD BREAKING NEWS

Two tourists stabbed in Tunisia
    "Two tourists from Spain and Britain have been injured in a stabbing by a mentally ill person in northwestern Tunisia, authorities say.

The assailant stabbed the Spanish man and the British woman on Saturday at the Roman archaeological site in El Kaf city near the border with Algeria and was arrested shortly afterwards, authorities said.

The city mayor told state radio that there was no terrorist motive behind the attack and that the perpetrator was a mentally ill suspected thief.

In June 2017, two German female tourists were stabbed and wounded in the city of Hammamet in northeastern Tunisia.

In 2015, the northern African nation saw a string of attacks, which had an adverse effect on tourism, a major source of the country's income. Most of those were claimed by the Islamic State extremist militia."

Of course, all the comments underneath are by rats and deluded TWAGS, they say:
    . It's not fair, it could happen anywhere in the world.
    . It would not have been reported if it happened anywhere else in the world.
    . Poor Tunisia is going to suffer again.
    . The man was mentally ill.
    . Tunisia is safe.
    Blah, blah, blah....:rolleyes:

The mentally ill excuse is now used globally as a cover story, they said the same thing about the man in Nabeul that stabbed two tourists.
    Of course, it's just a coincidence that both times mentally ill men in Tunisia have gone on the rampage, they have only attacked tourists :rolleyes:

Anybody that goes there now is a fool, an absolute fool and actually, yes....it would make the news if innocent tourists were stabbed in other countries.
    The irony is, it's a Tunisian news site I found this report on!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Masha, juicyfruit and Heidi like this.
  4. Laura2014

Laura2014 Well-Known Member

Difficult to trust any news from Tunisia. As you say odd coincidence that on both occasions it was tourists targeted. I’m sure it’s the last thing they would want and possibly the perpetrator being “mentally ill” might be rather convenient.

5. Mango Chutney

It's on a Tunisian site online, the actual article is Australian.
    I guess the Tunisian's thought that by putting it out there, it shows they are confronting the issue....but the 'mentally ill' excuse next time tourists are attacked surely won't be used again?
    I didn't believe it the first time and I don't this time. A mentally ill person would target absolutely anyone, it's too much of a coincidence for it to have happened twice....and only tourists have been targeted both times :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  6. beznessbitch

beznessbitch Well-Known Member

not reported on any UK mainstream news yet so that's a worry.. i think with the mentality in tunisia no one is safe going there now and it just be a matter of time before another big one happens

7. Mango Chutney

Well girl, you know what it's like in the UK, there is a media blanket ban on mentioning the 'M' and 'I' words. Had the girl died, she'd have got a small corner of a newspaper somewhere: 'British girl stabbed by Asian' :rolleyes: Look at the grooming gang stuff, it's absolutely huge...but just a fleeting mention on the news. Some of the things those kids suffered were horrific...but it's all hidden :Evil: The UK is doomed.
    I agree, once tourist numbers rise, there will be attempts at another biggie in Tunisia...the country is swarming with extremists.

8. beznessbitch

beznessbitch Well-Known Member

yep it is ingrained in them.. brainwashed since birth.. and yes once a false sense of security returns.. then they will strike it big

9. Going for the limit

Going for the limit Well-Known Member

I have that feeling too, i have said it numerous times to the hubby. I really hope we are all wrong though.

juicyfruit and Brasilgirl like this.
  10. Brasilgirl

Brasilgirl Well-Known Member

We are most vulnerable in two places: during our daily routines, and while on vacation. The possibility is there. I would heed the travel warnings.

juicyfruit likes this.
  11. Mango Chutney

Me too.
    My gut says it won't be this year, they will wait until tourists return in big numbers, all relaxed because nothing happened this year, security have relaxed again for the same reasons....and then they'll strike.
    I could be wrong, but in my opinion, it is inevitable.
    The travel ban has made Brits the golden goose for scumbag terrorists seeking media attention :Evil:

Masha, juicyfruit and Lovelylondon like this.