tunisia passport

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by hitcher, Jan 30, 2014.

1. hitcher

hitcher New Member

My friend has been talking to a man in Tunisia an he would like her to go over an get married. Only been talking on FB for two mouths. He told her he need to go to Egypt to get a passport an it very difficult to get . So he told her she has to go over there. Is that true , anyone know . She is 40 year-old and he is 28 year-old .

AmberHeart and Big Bang Theory like this.
  2. BrownGirl

BrownGirl Moderator And Queen of Summaries Staff Member

Unless he is Egyptian, why would he have to go there for a passport. He is lying if he is Tunisian.
    Please warn your friend about internet rats, she is being scammed

3. simple

simple Well-Known Member

How can he get to Egypt without a passport???They dont need visas for most other muslim countries ,but they do need a passport .

4. hitcher

hitcher New Member

We live in Australia. He told my friend he had it get a passport from Egypt to come to Australia, I have told her that many time to be careful , she thinks he's great. Told her to read the story on here , she said he different . I don't know wot can I do to make her realise ? She stopped listening to me .

AmberHeart and Big Bang Theory like this.
  5. simple

simple Well-Known Member

If he is Tunisian ,a Tunisian passport will get him to Australia .She met him online i guess .What a difficult situation for you .Tunisians with honest intentions do not try to meet western women via the internet .Its not done in their culture ,even if it is the 21st century ,their beliefs and traditions havnt changed and never will .Im sure he interacts with other women on the internet ,i dont believe your friend is the only one .See if you can find him on other dating sites ,like Tagged ,badoo Tunisian love online .Good luck

6. hitcher

hitcher New Member

Thanks will have a look around.

simple likes this.
  7. BrownGirl

They need a visa for Egypt as well as a passport.

AmberHeart and Heidi like this.
  8. simple

simple Well-Known Member

I didnt think they needed a visa for Egypt ,,,but i bow to your knowledge and take it as fact xxx

marilyna likes this.
  9. BrownGirl

LOL you mean my elephant memory :D
    I remember reading a post from a lady on t.com about going to Egypt with her Tunisian husband, only to find he couldn't get in because he needed a visa.
    Of course things might have changed after the revolution ... I must go google it :)

AmberHeart and simple like this.
  10. BrownGirl

She thinks he is different after 2 months talking on the internet? I take it she hasn't met him yet?
    I hope you can bring her to her senses :(

11. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Your right ,,they do need a visa for Egypt ,not for the other North African countries.:Not Worthy:

AmberHeart likes this.
  12. Salek

Salek Well-Known Member

They definately need a visa for Egypt. It has to be taken before travel and not provided upon arrival. It is however very easy for them and not difficult. A passport would be required first though ;-)

Heidi, marilyna and simple like this.
  13. hitcher

hitcher New Member

She is going over there with his friend that lives in Australia he is going to travel with her to Tunisia, they have been talking on Skype. She has all so been talking to his family on Skype to. She is go to stay with his family over there. Das it sound ok . I have told her he dasnt have to get a visa from Egypt she will not believe me.

AmberHeart likes this.
  14. simple

simple Well-Known Member

None of it sounds ok,,its all wrong .His lying and his family are lying also .Tell her to delete him ASAP,,,,Hes on the scam and his family are helping him.Dont know how your going to make her see sense ,he must be on other dating sites .maybe has more than one facebook account .Hes not for real and she is not the only one he skypes ,im sure of it ..Hes lying .

AmberHeart, marilyna and Fern like this.
  15. BrownGirl

Is it a visa for Australia he is going to Egypt to get? That will be true, I googled - there is no Australian visa service in Tunisia. They do have to go to Egypt.

AmberHeart likes this.
  16. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine Well-Known Member

No, it sounds far from OK. She must have lost her mind! Going to stay with the family of a man she's never met before - with respect, she knows none of them from Adam and how can her safety be assured for a start? Prior to marriage I always booked (and slept in) a single room in a hotel so that I knew if things went pear shaped I'd be as safe as I could be with food and drink available.

Whereabouts does your friend intend to sleep? In bed with this man? Because no respectable family will allow this. I was in separate beds with my now husband the night we got engaged, and his aunt acted as chaperone.

She really hasn't thought this through at all. I'm in the UK so a 3 - 4 hour flight home, but if things go wrong for your friend she's an awfully long way away from friends and family. I would urge you to make her listen to you. Please don't give up x

17. hitcher

hitcher New Member

I have tried my hardest to stop her , it's at a point where she will onlonger talk about it. She is staying in a single room with the family.

18. LittleMissSunshine

Whereabouts in Tunisia are the family based? She'll be lucky if they are in the tourist resorts, but I suspect this man is based a long way away from Tunis or Enfidha airports. If she needs to get away, she may face hours in an uncomfortable louage to get to civilisation.

Why does this man already want to come to Australia - leave everything behind, friends and family - without even having met your friend and having only known her to speak on Facebook for 2 months? Because he's an opportunist and I would say with almost certainty he's a rat who is going to hurt your friend and take her for all she has.

I suspect a trip to Tunisia from Oz is pretty expensive - we would normally have to save for our trips - and the fact your friend has told him she can do this so quickly has just shown him, or at least given him the idea, she has money.

The only thing I can suggest is maybe messaging her with a link to this website. Maybe she will look out of curiosity and read just what may await her x

AmberHeart, Heidi, Caramel and 3 others like this.
  19. simple

simple Well-Known Member

If she does stay with this family ,they will treat her like a queen.She is just an investment ,financial security ,nothing else .The love and respect she thinks she has is just a lie ,they will manipulate her emotionally .No decent Tunisian family will allow a woman stranger to sleep in the same room as their men .No decent man would accept money from a woman ,go on to dating sites .What about her family ,cant they say something to her .

20. hitcher

hitcher New Member

His family lives in jendouba. Her mum thinks it great she as blind as her daughter . She has had a look on her an her response is (nothing I don't know). I could give you his full name? His job is he care or looks after children. She said It's safe because she has been on Skype an talked to his mum an sister. They come from very will off family. She told me he's going to get his passport an visa but it really hard to get he told her. If he did come to Australia then he may be ok? She will stay at the family home but in her own room by herself.

21. zanylady

zanylady Well-Known Member

There's none so blind as those who will not see!!!

22. Laurence

Laurence Well-Known Member

The family is actively participating in the scam... Jendouba...of all places, it's a real rat's nest!!!
    Your friend will be treated like a queen, as she is one of the visa and money possibilities at hand.
    She's already virtually hooked, after her visit there she'll be ready to be "consumed"...
    The Jendouba guy is taking care of children...my guess: your friend does have at least one child, so he thought it was a good approach to tell her this lie!!!! No Jendouba man will ever make a job out of child care!!!!!

23. simple

simple Well-Known Member

Its so frustrating !!!! The patterns are the same ,the story is the same ,the conversations are the same and unfortunatly the outcome will be the same.He is no different ,,,,its the same shit but a different toilet !!!They look alike ,they think alike ,they act alike and their objectives in life are alike !! Money ,visa ,comfort end of !!!! No love ,no respect ,no compassion ,no understanding !!!!:mad:

24. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Well-Known Member

Yes and no - Tunisia is one of the privileged countries from which citizen can apply for an Australian visa ONLINE *- the embassy who cares for Tunisia is, BTW, not the one in Egypt, but the one in Malta (which he cannot reach since Malta is part of the EU, while for Egypt, he won't need a visa).

However, if he is any smart at all, he should have been able to obtain this information for himself, it takes about 3 minutes to find it - so I assume he might not be one of the brightest elements in the pond...

* See here the offial australian webpage: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/600.htm

25. LittleMissSunshine

This link appears to be for a visitor's visa, but it seems you can still apply online for a partner visa (the UK equivalent of a spouse visa). I'm not posting the link for this - like etoyoc says, if he's so bright he would know this already, and you'd think he'd have more of an idea having a friend already in Australia. The more I think about this, the more uneasy I feel about it...

AmberHeart and Heidi like this.