tunisia passport

Discussion in 'Ben's Corner' started by hitcher, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

you will have them. mark my words. nothing is as it seems when you have the child. husband and family included. good luck.

AmberHeart, Pearla, love/hate and 3 others like this.
  2. LittleMissSunshine

LittleMissSunshine Well-Known Member

Is it not possible to get a passport from the Tunisian embassy in London, or must the Tunisian national apply for it on behalf of the child? I know of plenty of women with children fathered by Tunisian men who travelled with UK passports for the child who left the country with no problem (with the father's permission, of course) x

love/hate likes this.
  3. love/hate

love/hate New Member

Thanks everybody for your feed back much appreciated.. mosee this is what i hate a bout travlin the interigation i realy cant be botherd well these are the things should of thought about before makin relations ..litttle misssunshine thanks for your info i hope all is well when i travel my holiday is lijet my man and i know uk is best for our child so their wont be any issue getting the father permission to leave the country

4. mezoo

mezoo The Decider

we heard that here before,,,,,complications... good luck

5. love/hate

love/hate New Member

6. LittleMissSunshine

I know uk is best for our child so their wont be any issue getting the father permission to leave the country.

You may find that your husband has a very different view about "what is best". It wouldn't be the first time. Have you discussed this with him? I have a friend who is married to a man who blows very hot and cold. She refused to take their son to Tunisia because she was so scared, and her husband only met the child for the first time at aged 18 months when he got his visa and arrived in the UK.

Be very careful xxx

Heidi, Fern, wallah and 2 others like this.
  7. love/hate

love/hate New Member

i wos very confidant about my relationship till a came across this site lol ..its shocking what some girls have went tru and quite disgusting..little misssunhine you are rite i do have to be careful i have discussed all this with him..i have been with him for two years i have come to stay in tunisia many times for 3month periods all seems to be well.. he comes from a very decent religious family but yet very libral i have not applyed for his visa and not going to he his aware of this ..ive made it clear from the beguining if he wants come to the uk he has to get here himself ..his passport expired years ago he still hasnt renewed it..so far everything seems to be fine ..i am aware tunisia men will do anything to have there children but heaven forbid his intensions are not what seems and decides to keep ma wee 1 i would give up uk and do anything to be with my daughter.. i am a muslim myself but not a arab ..i beleive my lord destins what is for you weather good or bad i belive where you travel eat,,your income you death is already writtin for you..am not sayin that means be blind to the world and think this wos my destiny course you gota be wise and not so foolish..i beleive my daughter had to come into this world .. sorry i know this must be heavy for you what am saying or maybe i am just reassuring myself .. xxx

8. Fern

Fern Well-Known Member

Hi love/hate I can't help feeling worried for you. If I was a rat I would think that keeping his child in Tunisia would be a very good bargaining point for him to get you to help him get a visa. Especially as he knows you want to bring your child up in the uk. I am glad that you found this site so get to know how low they can stoop and how shocked people have been when they changed, even after knowing their rat a long time. Maybe your Lord destined you to visit this site and has given you a good brain to listen too. The liberal family also make me worried, have heard that before. I wish you well and hope that all goes well for you and your baby girl. x

9. maimai

maimai Member

I have a baby with a tunisian, he is 18 months old and still hasnt met his father! Regardless of the circumstances of the relationship I dont think there would ever be a time I would take my child to tunisia. Its just a risk I couldn't take the thought of someone having control over whether I can bring my child home with me or not just doesnt even bear thinking about.

10. maimai

maimai Member

But good luck with your trip! Take care of u and your baby girl xx

love/hate likes this.
  11. love/hate

love/hate New Member

Lols fern i like that 1maybe my lord made me find this site.. Its a real i opner am getin ptt of him ..i wish i found this site years ago am feelin uneasy ..have got a betifule baby now she means the world to me.. To be honest a never faut he,s rat awos jus in google to see how i would travel Tunisia with infant and came acros here.. Its realy freely stories althogh awoz content before am realy startin think alsorts..guys feel free to keep advisin..too many reading my posts i myt come across in denile its not that i am jus that i wos over confidant.am coming back dwon to a level..yup its a shame people would do anythin to get what thy want xx

AmberHeart, Big Bang Theory and Fern like this.
  12. love/hate

love/hate New Member

reading some of the stuff here .. i think thats a great idea that you've not took your child ..i dont know i think im reconsidren my trip i dont know if its a risk i could take xx

13. LittleMissSunshine

Is there anybody you can leave the baby with if you're desperate to get over there, or could you postpone your trip to give yourself more time to get your head around the information you've found here?

My friend has been back to Tunisia a couple of times with her husband and child as a family, and still worries like crazy despite the fact her husband now lives in the UK. She's scared he'll decide to stay and keep the child with him.

Just bear in mind it doesn't matter what nationality/passport your child has, having a Tunisian father means the authorities will treat your child as a Tunisian national while she's in the country.

As regards the visa, whilst you say he is going to have to do it himself, you would have to be his sponsor. I assume you're aware of the current minimum earnings requirement of £18,600 for a spouse visa (which is currently being appealed) and the fact that nobody apart from you can sponsor him now under the new rules that came into force two summers ago.

Whilst he has to do certain things himself - renewing his passport, passing an English test, obtaining a B3 document about his criminal history (or lack of), you are going to have to be responsible for a lot of the information/documentation to provide to the embassy at the point he does get himself ready to apply. If you aren't prepared to do this and to support him financially until he finds work and can earn his own money, this is another reason to consider cancelling your trip and keeping your little miss safe x

AmberHeart, Heidi, Amber and 3 others like this.
  14. love/hate

love/hate New Member

I think my options would have to be postpone my visit.. the reason i wos going because my partner wants to spend time with the baby ..like a said am quite content in my relationship but after readin sum stuff here am starting to doubt.. i don’t know if i’m just being paroniod and should trust him because there wosnt any trust issues in first place.. my baby will be 5month when i plan to go i think thats too young to travel but i don’t want take her in summer as its too hot.. this might be stupid question but is everybody in Tunisia aware that they have alot of power because Tunisia favours the father.. also i did find out the visa thing like the spouse has to earn £18,000 grand what do you mean theres appeal going on is that to change the current income ..am not goin to apply for his visa i cant take on the responsibility ..i know i shouldn’t have got involved with someone overseas if i wasn’t prepared..i don’t send him any money or nothing ..when we got together i was already in a bad place we were talking for awhile and became good friends and i trust him he’s never hassaled me to apply for visa infact in the two an half so years we’ve not disused it he’s always asked me to live with him in Tunisia ..and i wos like when you make somthing of yourself and can provide i will.. am the sort of person thats spoilt and does what i want with i don’t give a f*** attitude and didn’t think the future over acted in impulse.. but thinkings changed when my baby came.. i do give a f*** .. i totaly understand bout oyur friend even tho her partners in uk with her she still constant fear not surprised because what girls have been tru .. i just hope i don’t end up in those broken heart girls situation..

15. LittleMissSunshine

People are wanting to appeal the £18,600 figure on the basis they think it's too high and this is currently being considered. Yes, the fathers know EXACTLY what power they have under Tunisian law and will use it to get what they want from you. Can I ask whether you plan on emigrating to Tunisia with your daughter? Because if you won't live there and are not prepared to take on the responsibility of being a sponsor, should you not have given consideration to that before making a relationship serious? If there's no way of you ever being together, as difficult as it may be, it's kinder to both of you to part ways amicably.

For the record, it's part of a lot of rats' plans to say they want you to live there, they don't want you thinking all they want is a visa. And they prey on people in "bad places". He may not have asked you for money yet... but if you start to look a bit more closely at your experience, maybe you will see there are a few rat-like features to it.

AmberHeart, Heidi, wallah and 2 others like this.
  16. MH007

MH007 Moderator Staff Member

Love/hate - think very carefully before taking your baby to Tunisia. Would you put baby in a car without a secure car seat, would you employ a childminder without references? They can and DO prevent mothers leaving without their baby, could you live with that? How much do you trust this man and his FAMILY. They can and might use your child to get a visa. Please think twice, explain that baby is too young to travel to a hot country. I wish you all the best but PLEASE understand you will have NO rights once you are in Tunisia.

Take care hunni

Xxxxxxx

AmberHeart, Heidi, wallah and 3 others like this.
  17. love/hate

love/hate New Member

little misssunshine -i wos considering of migrating before i had a child ..and didnt plan too have a child i wos on birth control pill and found out i wos pregnant once i returnd to the uk ..now everything changed and i want my baby to grow up here..i dont know ma heads all over the place since coming on this site..
    MHOO7- I am going to try tell the father i want postpone the trip say the baby to young i've been of with him and i dont wana mention this info in anyway ..coz he'l know what to say if he's a rat .. i want get things in other xxxxx

AmberHeart likes this.
  18. Nets

Nets Well-Known Member

Hi love/hate, I'm nervous for you reading this thread, because however much you might think you know this guy and his family, there is a chance (however small or big) that he is a rat and is planning on using your baby to force his way into your country. As someone said it's been done before. :( A lot of the rats spend years on their best behaviour until they get what they want and it all comes out... shocking. Your guy might be genuine but IF he does turn out to have an ulterior motive, he might not accept you living in Tunisia together as an option, and would have to move onto the next visa opportunity.. sounds harsh, sorry, but there is a possibility of this given how common it is in Tunisia. All just what-ifs, but can you take a risk with your baby ? Hope it works out for you, you sound like a lovely person anyway and I'm sure you'll do what's right for you both.

(looking back now, is there anything that could be suspicious? Like telling you he loves you very soon on... that kind of thing)

x

AmberHeart, love/hate and marilyna like this.
  19. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Careful l/h - be very careful. I know of one case - one only, but it is a fact. Couple thought to be happily married and living in UK for several years with 2 little children. They had been over to Tunisia on holiday several times with no problems, however on the last visit, the man's mother decided that she didn't want her grandchildren to be brought up in the decadent European way of life and persuaded her son that the children must be left here. He as is invariably the case, listened to the family and told his wife that the children must stay here. As you can imagine this totally destroyed their relationship as her previously loving husband turned into a man that she no longer knew. She refused to leave the children, so stayed here and was very very unhappy, but felt that she had no choice. The British Embassy in Tunis informed her that it was impossible for them to help her as this was the law here in Tunisia. I lost contact with Margaret several years ago, so don't have an update. I would just reiterate -- be very careful. It is a very different way of life here with totally different standards and morals.

AmberHeart, Caramel, Heidi and 4 others like this.
  20. love/hate

love/hate New Member

nonmae & wallah - to be honest there is no suspiciousns up till now i have full trust in his family i think their real geniune ..but as you will see wallah's post ..wallah knows of a case where margaret faut everything in her relation wos fine she lived with her man for years and prob never expected any thing now that there no contact god knows whats hapind to her... am in a real sticky situation here.. from what everybody is telln me..seems its possible my man is a rat.. i cant handle the fact of not been with my baby she is my pride and joy litteraly..how a feel rite now is to break my marraige of.. only of the info from this site nothing has happend between us so its difficult to take this step on what basis would i be breakin this marriage how would i put it out..thing is my life has always been complicated i was rebal child that jus retaliated a hard drug and alchole user from very young age ..i wos out of control and because im from a muslim family this wos very shamefull relatives hated me i've hurt my parents alot an regret most of my life ..i was in a arrange mariage at a very young age 17 he wos a complete phyco my life went from bad to worse my fam faut they wer doin the betterment for me and it wasnt my fam felt very guilty bout this..anyway now going to be 27.. 4 years ago i sorted my life out gave up drinkn and hard drug abuse this led to depression fighting of my demons everyday so wen i got married now my life is diffrent my child has cured my depression i found my way to my religon and im happy ..but after coming on this site im not so sure bout anythin this marriage wos my choice my family never interferied because of the first marriage my family love this man and thy have visted many times to tunisia too.. and dont see fault in him my point is..how willl i break this off if i tell my family am breakin it of purily on info they would be very dissapointed this would be embarsing for me infront of relatives to have two failed mariages and a child from 1 ..Wallah being muslim am sure you'd understand how bad that is..iv layed my bed i must ly init now coz i dont understand what i could do.. for now am postponing my trip.. i hope you guys understand what im trying to say

AmberHeart likes this.
  21. wallah

wallah Well-Known Member

Firstly LH -- well done you for turning your life around after the earlier chaos. I can well understand the scenario you describe of your earlier life as for many years I was very active in helping young Asian women in UK who had had a disasterous arranged marriage and suffered the consequences -- but must say here that i know of many hundreds who have had successful ones. But to get back to your post - i am not a Muslima, but have lived in Tunisia for half of each year for the last 12 years and know the mindset of the people very well. I am not and would not suggest that you dissolve your relationship, however what I would suggest, is that you think very long and hard about the possible consequences of taking your child to Tunisia. Many thousands of European mums have taken their half Tunisian children to Tunisia for holidays over the years and have had no problems, BUT many others have not been so fortunate and the resulting utter misery is hard to even contemplate. I personally think that the fact that he is still living here, could potentially make that risk even more likely. It is imperative that you consider this.
    I admire you very much for how you have had the strength and determination to fight all the destructive demons you had in your former life and get back on an even keel in life. Your parents must be very very proud of you. I wish you all the best xx

AmberHeart, Heidi, Alien and 5 others like this.
  22. Nets

Nets Well-Known Member

You're an amazing person, turning your life around like that. I hope your guy is genuine. People have showed you the worst case scenario just so you know there's a possibility but that doesn't mean it's going to happen, just that there is a chance. I'd say just tread carefully and maybe time will tell now that you're more aware of bezness. Glad you're holding off the trip. Hope everything goes well for you xxx

Alien, love/hate, Salek and 1 other person like this.
  23. LittleMissSunshine

We have to show a worst case scenario though so that she is fully aware of what could happen. It would be wrong of us to sugar coat it. Maybe the guy is the rat, maybe he's genuine. Maybe his family are in on it, maybe they're genuine.

There are factors in your story indicative of possible rat behaviour - preying on somebody in a bad place (but it is possible he could just be a nice guy sensitive to what you've been through, although these are few and far between). Just because he hasn't asked for money so far, that doesn't necessarily mean he won't in the future. Again, he may very well be genuine. Does he work at the moment or is he unemployed? If he has no work, who supports him? He could have other irons in the fire - it's been heard of for a man to have several women on the go from a number of European countries so he can keep his options open, married or not.

Are you aware he is able to divorce in Tunisia providing a false address for you for service of papers? This has happened to women who thought they were still married and their husbands had divorced them secretly and already moved on to the next victim when they don't get what they really want... a visa and a way into the "paradise" of Europe, or wherever else they're making a beeline for.

Rats will always say they don't want to leave their country, they want you to join them, because they don't want to give away their true intentions. Again, maybe he genuinely doesn't want to leave Tunisia. Some have a good life, contracts for as long as they want them.

Our job is to open your eyes to what these men could potentially do so that you can make an informed decision about the future of you and your daughter. My story has a happy ending so far. My husband is with me in the UK and we've been married nearly 3 years. He's due to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the Spring. He works hard, he's never shown ratlike tendencies. But that doesn't mean I will ever truly let my guard down after reading what I have on here. I trust him 99.99%. There will always be that tiny part of me that will be wary and I think anybody in my position who says any different is lying to themselves. He is aware of how I feel and whilst it saddens him, he understands what his fellow countrymen are capable of.

I would definitely hold off taking her on the excuse of the weather being too hot for your daughter. Maybe put him off til October/November time. It will be more comfortable for her but it also buys you time to consider what you really want. Your daughter is a blessing from Allah and even if you don't continue the marriage, you have a precious gift for life to be thankful for xxx

Heidi, CUDDLE, love/hate and 4 others like this.
  24. love/hate

love/hate New Member

wallah sorry i just asummed you wer tunisian but thank you and noname for you kind words and support xxx little miss sunshine i think all you ladies are doin a great job with giving advise its beter to save sum1 from destroying thier lifes..sum girls aint been so lucky ma heart goes out to them..am happy for you you've found an idvidual who's not deciving ..i hope these men rot and get whats cummin to them no1 has the right to play with peoples life's its all fun and games but it will come back soo be it later ..karma's a bitch xxx

25. love/hate

love/hate New Member

wallah noname sunshine i've defo takin in what you's have told me ..and realy concentratin to the matter thank guys much love <3

LittleMissSunshine likes this.